Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 10, 2021 7:38 PM
Jan 2021
It's just so funny how AoT fandom became the exact same as the society in the AoT world. Some people started being toxic to an extreme extend then to reply to them the defenders became as if not more toxic than those people and they started a cycle of toxicity that never ends.

That stated way before the mappa thing. Right now I have been seeing a lot of people hating on AoT and saying it's mid because the fandom were being toxic about AoT being the greatest anime (which imo it is but I'm not gonna attack people for it) now most of the comments I see on AoT related post is: "AoT mid", "overrated" and replies on it is always a fight.
Like I said, never ending cycle of toxicity and hate.
Mar 10, 2021 7:45 PM

Jan 2021
Funny how you could change the name attack on titan to any popular anime ever and it would still makes sense.
Mar 10, 2021 7:55 PM
Jul 2018
True, Gani haters are actually Gabi irl cause that's what she does in anime and Eren lovers(stans not fans) are the ones who just side with him no matter what that's wrong as well even I'm the show it's wrong and then we get the people who side with paradise Island which is also dumb lmao as the point and objective is not to take sides but to accept each others existence but nah fandom is just pure garbage. Isayama was like I'm gonna reflect on today's world and help people understand it and fandom was like whoa eren is chad, levi husbando, gabi trash lmao. Worst fandom ngl alongside MHA. These twoare rhe worst
Mar 10, 2021 8:00 PM

Oct 2019
not to mention the aot fandom itself is so divided- you have the marleyan/warrior supporters, yeagerists, alliance, etc. And a lot of blind hate between all groups.
╭⋟──────────────────────╮
"All problems come from the
human mind. In the mind, one's
consciousness is just the tip of
the iceberg. What lies beneath
the surface... the subconscious...
is far more vast."

- Shun Aonuma

╰──────────────────────⋞╯

Mar 10, 2021 8:00 PM
Feb 2018
Exactly, it's ironically funny lol
Mar 10, 2021 9:15 PM

Jul 2017
Yams definitely gets a good laugh out of us I'm sure.

Mar 10, 2021 9:42 PM

Feb 2016
I just love the AOT world because its so accurate since it bassically says "you have to fight for your side"

neither side are wrong lol. Eren Yeager is just an extreme version of Malcom X.
Mar 10, 2021 10:01 PM

Jan 2020
Some of these replies are very dramatic. People are entitled to have an opinion and a stance on whatever's happening in the show. Some people will pick sides and I don't think there's anything wrong with that. They may have reasons for it, or not. Others will just watch and try to stay objective. The toxicity is bashing people for the side they pick and starting fights for supporting one side over the other, but I don't see any problem with picking a side. Like it or not, many of us are not watching the show to analyze it, but to also have favorites.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Mar 10, 2021 10:16 PM

Dec 2014
Gabi is love, Gabi is life.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Mar 11, 2021 12:00 AM
Aug 2016
Lovlis said:
not to mention the aot fandom itself is so divided- you have the marleyan/warrior supporters, yeagerists, alliance, etc. And a lot of blind hate between all groups.

We're the embodiment of entitled
Mar 11, 2021 12:24 AM
Aug 2020
I’ll be honest, AoT is over rated. Practically any “main stream” or “must watch” anime is gonna be over rated. That’s not to say it’s bad, but it’s a 9/10, that people treat as a 11/10. It’s a good show, but people will fight to defend any flaw it has to an annoying degree
Mar 11, 2021 12:48 AM

Mar 2019
motakez said:
Funny how you could change the name attack on titan to any popular anime ever and it would still makes sense.

People forget that other fandoms consist of people too.

Anime was it's best 20000 years ago, when cavemen drew art with real depth.
Modern anime is all garbage. I miss great old days of anime.
Mar 11, 2021 1:14 AM

Mar 2013
AoT is becoming more and more political. Since humans in general have differing political views, this anime sparks a lot of friction. Instead of appreciating Isayama's story and message, some will just ignore it and pick scenes out of context to validate their moral views without reflecting.
Mar 11, 2021 1:45 AM

Apr 2013
motakez said:
Funny how you could change the name attack on titan to any popular thing ever and it would still makes sense.

Your opinion was already good, but I fixed it for you.

It's so weird when people point out how anime fandoms are so toxic. Yeah, because sports or brand fandoms are less toxic, see intel vs AMD etc...
Mar 11, 2021 1:45 AM

Jan 2019
True. I already gave up on going to Attack On Titan threads on MAL because I can't find any that doesn't have people fighting over it. And it's weird because you'd usually think these people are mostly edgy 14 year olds, but no, a lot of them are actual adults. I feel like people are taking Attack On Titan too seriously and I don't understand why. Like, dude, at the end of the day it's just a fictional anime/manga about naked giants
Mar 11, 2021 2:30 AM

Feb 2021
the fandom ruined the series for me a bit. i don't like aot as much now as i did before.
Protesters, assemble!!
Mar 11, 2021 3:54 AM
Jan 2021
WOW 90% of y'all just skipped the joke completely and got offended for nothing god damn. Take a fucking joke
Mar 11, 2021 3:59 AM
Jan 2021
Gator said:
motakez said:
Funny how you could change the name attack on titan to any popular thing ever and it would still makes sense.

Your opinion was already good, but I fixed it for you.

It's so weird when people point out how anime fandoms are so toxic. Yeah, because sports or brand fandoms are less toxic, see intel vs AMD etc...
light_straight said:
motakez said:

People forget that other fandoms consist of people too.
samashi20 said:
Some of these replies are very dramatic. People are entitled to have an opinion and a stance on whatever's happening in the show. Some people will pick sides and I don't think there's anything wrong with that. They may have reasons for it, or not. Others will just watch and try to stay objective. The toxicity is bashing people for the side they pick and starting fights for supporting one side over the other, but I don't see any problem with picking a side. Like it or not, many of us are not watching the show to analyze it, but to also have favorites.
motakez said:
ummmm. IDK if you know this but there is this little thing that's called a joke. IDK if you've heard of it but this post is a joke.
And btw I'm only saying this about the AoT fandom specifically because it's making the most noise rn and the plot resembles it a little
Mar 11, 2021 4:00 AM
Jan 2021
Bajuju0208 said:
I’ll be honest, AoT is over rated. Practically any “main stream” or “must watch” anime is gonna be over rated. That’s not to say it’s bad, but it’s a 9/10, that people treat as a 11/10. It’s a good show, but people will fight to defend any flaw it has to an annoying degree
What does this even have to do with the post?? I don't care what you think I made this post as a joke and you're out here rating anime
Mar 11, 2021 4:02 AM
Aug 2020
MrFlakey said:
Bajuju0208 said:
What does this even have to do with the post?? I don't care what you think I made this post as a joke and you're out here rating anime
because you were talking about people hyping the anime up, and so I mentioned how it’s only natural people will hype it up.
Mar 11, 2021 4:06 AM
Jan 2021
Bajuju0208 said:
MrFlakey said:
because you were talking about people hyping the anime up, and so I mentioned how it’s only natural people will hype it up.
whatever everyone goes around any hyped up anime calling it overrated when in reality there is no such thing as overrated since people's opinions differ. And if just because the fans live it so much doesn't make it overrated. Sure if you give it a 9/10 that's your opinion on idc but don't judge because a lot of people are loving it more than anything else
Mar 11, 2021 4:57 AM

Apr 2013
MrFlakey said:
ummmm. IDK if you know this but there is this little thing that's called a joke. IDK if you've heard of it but this post is a joke.
And btw I'm only saying this about the AoT fandom specifically because it's making the most noise rn and the plot resembles it a little

So let me get this straight: Your post was just a joke. In whatever way it was supposed to be funny, apparently you're the only one who thought of it that was. But despite it being a joke, you still repeat that the plot resembles the fandom. Sounds more like you meant it very seriously and after receiving negative repsonses you just act like it was all just a joke.
Mar 11, 2021 5:03 AM
Jan 2021
Gator said:

So let me get this straight: Your post was just a joke. In whatever way it was supposed to be funny, apparently you're the only one who thought of it that was. But despite it being a joke, you still repeat that the plot resembles the fandom. Sounds more like you meant it very seriously and after receiving negative repsonses you just act like it was all just a joke.
WTF?? Are you actually serious? Fine other toxic fandoms exist but does their plot speak of the same thing of endless meaningless fighting? No, just AoT. It's not like ONLY THE AOT FANDOM IS THAT WAY BUT ONLY AOT PLOT IS THAT WAY
Mar 11, 2021 5:09 AM
Jan 2021
Gator said:

and idk if you've noticed but AoT is pretty much made of logical human decisions so it's only natural that it would resemble actual real life common decisions. Also how the hell can someone look at that post and get serious or offended. How the hell can I attack people without even personally say anything about anyone
Mar 11, 2021 7:20 AM
Dec 2019
motakez said:

I was about to point that out but you beat me to it, and of course it's going to be like that AOT society is based on society irl

More topics from this board

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

16 by ILIA36 »»
Yesterday, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 10, 2021

986 by Jasmin061011 »»
Apr 2, 8:12 AM

» Falco and Gabi…

Arddaa52 - Jul 25, 2021

20 by Adrena »»
Mar 27, 6:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.