Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 10, 2021 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
With that personality, I'm not surprised to see Roy come out and just confront those twins an any obstacles in his way.

Episode had some tense moments with fighting on the battlefield. I mean, war like this was imminent already so this was an expected event. Alfred's fight this episode imo was also underwhelming.
Mar 10, 2021 9:19 AM
Jul 2018
this episode was pretty nice, cool battles and that random guy who was jealous of alfred was pretty interesting as well, also some stuff going on with camellia too. wonder how this is going to turn out, kinda sus with the pope doing at the end there with that spell thing...
Mar 10, 2021 9:28 AM

Jul 2017
At long last, the war between factions has begun, whilst the Orthodox Church makes headways with Flegel Dreadnought, son of Balthauser. Certainly wasn't expecting him to appear in the anime.

But for Roy to swear allegance to Marielle's forces, well that was a surprise, but who knows they'll turn against them at any moment. For now, only the Ecclesiastical Order and Orthodox Church remains the sole threat.

The large-scale battle between Flegel and Alfred's forces at Visto Bridge, with the addition of Camellia forces in strategic force, well I'm sad to say that this is the "straw that broke the camel's back". Even down to the duel between Alfred and Flegel, this could've been decent, but subpar writing just cannot save the feeling of generic-ness.

Even as a fan of the game itself, this is just the same as any below-average game adaptation. Man, all that low-level hype killed in one episode, but hopefully the final 2 episodes will deliver the "redemption arc".
Mar 10, 2021 9:30 AM

Feb 2019
So the faction battle is finally here. Little disappointed with how anticlimactic the episode in general was.

Feel bad for Flegel. His jealousy was manipulated and in the end he was discarded like a tool. Shame.

The pope and Didier using the same Artifact that caused the disaster is not good at all. Interested to see how the last two episodes pan out.
Mar 10, 2021 10:09 AM

Apr 2016
Yeah who needs an army or guns when you have some magical scroll capable of mumbo jumbo.

KANLen09 said:
Even as a fan of the game itself

Hows the game anyway ? From what ive seen its only in japan and it has been out since 2015.
Mar 10, 2021 10:30 AM

Jul 2017
@Swagernator the smartphone game is just your bog-standard tactical RPG, nothing quite impressive about it. Just guessed to try it at one go, and it hooked me from the get-go, as is with the RPG element.

Smartphone games like these are ridiculously famous in Japan alone, and I can see why. The West doesn't need games such as these as there're infinitely better ones out there (e.g. Arknights, Genshin Impact etc.).
Mar 10, 2021 10:36 AM

Nov 2011
Damn dude ALFRED!!! The death flags for him have been there since episode one, and I've just been waiting for it. I knew that dude had a Smaller Muskeet as well so I was waiting for it but when my man deflected that bullet I lost my mind.

Mainly because I thought "This is the moment"

Nice to see Adelhied giving a little pep talk to Deflotte before the battle lol. My Man
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 10, 2021 11:31 AM

Nov 2014
they actually used REVIVER as an insert
Mar 10, 2021 1:12 PM

Aug 2013
This Flegel guy and his jealousy of Alfred was so annoying. I shouldn't be saying but I'm glad he is gone.

Alfred deflecting that bullet was mad.

Mar 10, 2021 1:35 PM

Jul 2013
timzki said:
Yeah, that took me totally by surprise. I love REVIVER and I knew My First Story did the opening of the series, but I never thought they would use it as an insert song for this anime (wasn't even aware REVIVER was a Hortensia Saga song). Truly a pleasant surprise.
Mar 10, 2021 1:37 PM
Sep 2020
KANLen09 said:
@Swagernator the smartphone game is just your bog-standard tactical RPG, nothing quite impressive about it. Just guessed to try it at one go, and it hooked me from the get-go, as is with the RPG element.

Smartphone games like these are ridiculously famous in Japan alone, and I can see why. The West doesn't need games such as these as there're infinitely better ones out there (e.g. Arknights, Genshin Impact etc.).

did you just call genshin impact good? LOL
Attack on titan final arc makes game of throne season 8 look like a MASTERPIECE.

isayama is fucking incompetent clown
Mar 10, 2021 2:59 PM

May 2018
Wlep, that's it for Flegel, he simply doesn't realize what a loser he really was.
Mar 10, 2021 3:06 PM

Sep 2015
Illyricus said:
timzki said:
Yeah, that took me totally by surprise. I love REVIVER and I knew My First Story did the opening of the series, but I never thought they would use it as an insert song for this anime (wasn't even aware REVIVER was a Hortensia Saga song). Truly a pleasant surprise.

It was the first "official" opening of the game when the IP held it by Sega a few years ago, currently it has a different company that is in charge of the remake of the game.

Big spoilers from second arc of the game

Remake of the game

Mar 10, 2021 3:51 PM

Jul 2013
Nayout said:
Illyricus said:

It was the first "official" opening of the game when the IP held it by Sega a few years ago, currently it has a different company that is in charge of the remake of the game.

Big spoilers from second arc of the game

Remake of the game

Oh, I see, wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the information, mate đź‘Ť
Mar 10, 2021 3:52 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Well, Carmellian forces decided as an observer and then called a truce. Good decision among them as the focused shall be at the capital of the Hortensia where the Pope and the black knight at. The first challenge of the princess liberation forces was the grandson of the second squad of the royal knight and his huge elite forces of the second squad, with the additional of Musket units and the paladin knight as the backup units.

The battle in the river areas happened, the bridge couldn't hold off the attackers, then expect Carmellian arrow units to gave an additional aid from the side for the princess liberation forces. The defenders surely couldn't expect such a thing and the defense just well broken. Ofc its already be done quite fast and made them all fall back into one shattered piece. A little mock duel happened and i can't care much of the result because its already decided. But, when the princess did such a speech, that was quite a shock. Gladly, the fool jealousy knight was left behind to finally met his end. What a let-down to be a disposable buying timer. Try it again later, man!

As if the Pope won't stop cause a chaos, he may summon some ridicule monsters again like what happen in the past. Lets see the princess liberation forces against that....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 10, 2021 4:51 PM
Jul 2018
Cool episode what to highlight in the episode and envy that Flegel with Alfred, that priest and very mysterious.
Mar 10, 2021 5:01 PM

Mar 2020
Looks like the Church has a technological advantage on the battlefield as their troops have muskets. That being said Hortensia was still able to defeat them with the support from Camellia.

A sword deflecting a bullet? I totally understand.
Mar 10, 2021 9:19 PM

Oct 2017
Ah so it was just the twins getting out of line. I'm glad they didn't had to face Camelian army right off the bat and instead they are even helping Alfred and Marielle's army.

Welp with how incompetent and dumb Flegal was this outcome was natural but nonetheless props to Marielle's army for winning the first battle. Alfred did a great job as a leader.
Mar 10, 2021 11:34 PM

Oct 2016
Maybe the country where the twins are from will be important later on if ever we get a second season. I still don't understand what Camelia's goals are, but at least they ain't getting in the way of the princess army and they're even helping them.

Well, Flegel was a piece of shit, even after being told about how hard Alfred had to work to be able to reach this point by Marielle, he didn't learn shit. Damn, Alfred just deflected a bullet like it's nothing, Alfred really do be having some death flags though.

Wonder what the Pope is planning to do with the book , 2 more episodes left.
Mar 11, 2021 2:30 AM

Dec 2010
Great choice of Sugita for the va of Flugel.

His acting is always top notch.

Great episode again. Enjoyed the action and everything.
Mar 11, 2021 8:23 PM

Apr 2018
Pretty good ep, they won the battle with the help of Roy (Camellia Army) and Albert's quick decision making.
Mar 12, 2021 4:46 PM

Sep 2020
Flegel was completely inept as a commander but good as a episodic villain.
booyah10 said:
Great choice of Sugita for the va of Flugel.

His acting is always top notch.

Great episode again. Enjoyed the action and everything.

Yeah, especially his acting during Flegel's meltdown/last moments.
Mar 12, 2021 6:24 PM

Oct 2008
you know what!? this show is really lame! it's the inverse of stylish! only good thing is Didier...lolz
2/5.

Mar 14, 2021 7:20 AM

Jul 2012
This anime really did cast all my favorite seiyuus lol. Now Sugita, plus Koyasu voices 2 characters (just like Morikawa).
Mar 14, 2021 10:35 PM

Mar 2010
I wonder if the black knight is the old man in the beginning... or maybe the knight who shot his grandson hmmm
Apr 27, 2021 5:33 AM

Jul 2015
Well I guess his family was right by deeming him a disgrace with how his miraculous failure over leading the troops and even going 1v1 against Alfred...

More topics from this board

» what made this anime score low? please explain without spoilers the story line ..

FarhanKun - Apr 11, 2021

13 by MadVandal »»
Dec 30, 2023 7:46 PM

Poll: » Hortensia Saga (TV) Episode 2 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jan 13, 2021

47 by klompa »»
Nov 7, 2022 7:04 PM

Poll: » Hortensia Saga (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2021

73 by Rexicek159 »»
Sep 12, 2022 12:59 PM

Poll: » Hortensia Saga (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jan 6, 2021

103 by OverlordDaniel »»
Aug 19, 2022 1:51 PM

» Should I drop this ?

Roronoa_alex01 - Jan 13, 2021

17 by HagePotPotato »»
Feb 2, 2022 10:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.