Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 9, 2021 2:55 PM
May 2020
is this season GARBAGE?

just finished episode 5 and cant keep watching before ranting a bit.

even though i gave first season and ova 10/10 (which will go down thanks to this season), i hate this season. first of all every conflict is caused because Haruo hasnt decided whether he loves Oono or not, but he was going to confess to her if he made it into the same high school, so if he knew he loved Oono back then how does he not know now?

secondly they repeated the same pattern (Haruo hangs out with Oono, Oono disappears, Hidaka appears, Oono comes back, Haruo hangs out with Oono) for the third time, i was ok with first two but this third time was too forced and unreasonable just to create a conflict between the two girls, which i couldnt care less about, after all what girls decide between them does not matter in the slightest. i highly doubt if Hidaka ended up winning Haruo would just fall in love with her, well he might have, i guess, with shitty writing everything is possible.

and lastly silent Oono is starting to get on my nerves, so far they have dealt with her silence pretty well by using other people speak for her or Haruo read her expression, but with this season since they decided to change Haruo into a retard we lost about 90% of her dialog, i mean the main reason i liked Oono more than Hidaka was because of how well Haruo was able to understand her and how well they communicated even though she didnt speak, now that its totally out the window. and the other people like her sister or the driver just decided to be assholes to Haruo instead of saying useful things

also those foreshadowings with final fight, her stepping back at the end of ep5 and possible others i have missed probably means she is going to disappear AGAIN, feels like this is a situation where the writer is just incapable of writing an ending, i guess i shouldnt talk more about this until i finish the rest.

edit: just finished, last couple episodes were indeed much better but still not enough to justify or save the entire season, i still think this season was huge failure
asalkurMar 10, 2021 2:21 AM
Mar 9, 2021 3:26 PM
Apr 2020
Yeah it’s trash but I was hooked as soon as ep 8 came into play so yeah by the end you will love it I say no more
Mar 9, 2021 3:47 PM
Dec 2020
I agree you'll like it by the end
Mar 10, 2021 6:16 AM
Nov 2017
I agree with the others, stick with it. When it was, all said and done I still wanted more and that is the benchmark of a good series.
Mar 10, 2021 8:07 AM
May 2020
It doesn’t have the same sort of obsessed nostalgia that made the first season really charming, but I do think you’ll be satisfied with the end of the story so I think it’s worth finishing.
Apr 5, 2021 4:00 PM
Feb 2018
I just finished the anime and my god... The ending is a huge middle finger and a sign of poor writing, like that's it?
Fucking hell
Apr 5, 2021 7:42 PM
May 2020
RealKimJongUn said:
I just finished the anime and my god... The ending is a huge middle finger and a sign of poor writing, like that's it?
Fucking hell

totally understand and agree, feels like a totally newbie writer stumbled upon an interesting idea but couldnt figure out how to continue
May 18, 2021 12:53 PM

Feb 2018
Gotta agree man.

Hidaka arc should've ended after she confessed to him and she wasnt able to make Haruo budge. But then comes this season and her feeling get dragged to the floor. Harou already knows, this gets only more stupid.
May 18, 2021 1:03 PM
Nov 2019
Season two isn't a patch on season one - big disappointment.

turned from a videogame homage love triangle into a crap romcom with some videogames thown in.

Jun 1, 2021 5:11 AM
May 2018
penrhos said:

turned from a videogame homage love triangle into a crap romcom with some videogames thown in.

Agree. I'd even close my eyes on this romcom if it wouldn't've been made so silly
Jun 3, 2021 12:28 PM

Feb 2018
Well, I did finish the series after all and I can say it totally gets better by the end even if there are some stupid desicions trown in.

The last battle was something I wish they had done more often before, and something get pretty conclusive.

More topics from this board

Poll: » High Score Girl II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2019

128 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 26, 10:02 PM

Poll: » High Score Girl II Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2019

41 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 14, 2023 5:35 PM

Poll: » High Score Girl II Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2019

41 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 14, 2023 5:02 PM

Poll: » High Score Girl II Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2019

36 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 14, 2023 4:26 PM

Poll: » High Score Girl II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2019

78 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 14, 2023 3:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.