Forum Settings
Forums

What anime character has the most annoying/toxic haters?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 10, 2021 8:18 AM

Jan 2020
Shinji Ikari - he's 14 y'all chill
Zenitsu

!Lucy Heartfilia!
OtakuCakesMar 10, 2021 8:23 AM
You jump to the right and you shake that hand

You jump to the left and you shake that hand

Meet new friends

Tie that yarn

And that's how you do the Scarn

Woo
Mar 10, 2021 8:19 AM

Aug 2020
sakura haters

yes. we get your point. you aren't saying anything original.

jump....I SAID JUMP

Mar 10, 2021 9:25 AM

Aug 2018
Catalano said:
My nr1 spot goes to Orihime haters, those people were horrendous back in the day and in 2016 they hit record high of idiocy when insulting her, I have no mercy for them, they are just frustrated individuals.

As someone who dislikes Orihime, I hate how that a lot of people that debate about her character make it about IchiRuki vs IchiHime and on how a lot of arguments against her end up being by some IchiRuki fan that think Orihime ruined their OTP. This is honestly why I tend not to like arguing on why I dislike characters such as Hinata or Orihime or Ginny because 9/10 of the time people try to make it a ship war and only like/dislike the characters because they're happy/mad that their OTP was canon/was not canon. In other words, people who like those characters usually believe you're some butthurt shipper if you say you don't like them and people who dislike those characters tend to basically BE butthurt shippers if you say you like them. Esepecially IchiRuki fans who delusionally believed that Kubo was planning IchiRuki despite the fact that Ichigo and Rukia clearly had a platonic/mentor relationship.

I'm actually working on a whole character analysis essay on why I dislike Orihime right now for writing and character building/college argumentative practice purposes and I had to literally make a whole section explaining on how I don't like IchiRuki and on the positives of her character because of how childish and clearly salty some of the hatred towards her is. And I guarantee once I finish it and publish it I'll have to edit it to make sure people know I don't like either IchiRuki or IchiHime or IshiHime or UlquiHime or whatever the fuck so that people actually read what I say and don't just go "you must be a butthurt shipper".

Also, god help us when they adapt the ending of the series and anime-only IchiRuki fans realize Orihime ends up with Ichigo (even though it was goddamn obvious to anyone not obsessed with making everything shippable and making blatant platonic scenes romantic or some "hidden symbolism for a longlasting future love").
OsumareMar 10, 2021 9:37 AM
"Of what worth is a king who fails to protect the powerless?" —Saber, Fate/Zero
Mar 10, 2021 9:37 AM

Jan 2008
You've got your usual victims, Zenitsu, Sakura, Gabi, Orihime, Shinki, Bakugou, Sasuke, Mineta, even Asta.

But there are also any love rival for shippers of a different couple. Then you've got those that just hate on minor characters for simply existing.
Mar 10, 2021 10:23 AM

Oct 2010
Osumare said:
Catalano said:
My nr1 spot goes to Orihime haters, those people were horrendous back in the day and in 2016 they hit record high of idiocy when insulting her, I have no mercy for them, they are just frustrated individuals.

As someone who dislikes Orihime, I hate how that a lot of people that debate about her character make it about IchiRuki vs IchiHime and on how a lot of arguments against her end up being by some IchiRuki fan that think Orihime ruined their OTP. This is honestly why I tend not to like arguing on why I dislike characters such as Hinata or Orihime or Ginny because 9/10 of the time people try to make it a ship war and only like/dislike the characters because they're happy/mad that their OTP was canon/was not canon. In other words, people who like those characters usually believe you're some butthurt shipper if you say you don't like them and people who dislike those characters tend to basically BE butthurt shippers if you say you like them. Esepecially IchiRuki fans who delusionally believed that Kubo was planning IchiRuki despite the fact that Ichigo and Rukia clearly had a platonic/mentor relationship.

I'm actually working on a whole character analysis essay on why I dislike Orihime right now for writing and character building/college argumentative practice purposes and I had to literally make a whole section explaining on how I don't like IchiRuki and on the positives of her character because of how childish and clearly salty some of the hatred towards her is. And I guarantee once I finish it and publish it I'll have to edit it to make sure people know I don't like either IchiRuki or IchiHime or IshiHime or UlquiHime or whatever the fuck so that people actually read what I say and don't just go "you must be a butthurt shipper".

Also, god help us when they adapt the ending of the series and anime-only IchiRuki fans realize Orihime ends up with Ichigo (even though it was goddamn obvious to anyone not obsessed with making everything shippable and making blatant platonic scenes romantic or some "hidden symbolism for a longlasting future love").

yeah, sure, I agree with you, I don't have anything against Rukia fans but I hated the shipping war and Orihime haters were crazy, I always liked to read some comments after finishing a chapter but almost all comments were about how horrible Orihime was and she didn't even appear in the chapter, it was the last arc.
Interesting that you will write that essay, I would love to read it, like I said, I have no problems with someone who dislikes her, I'm angry when they invent random things to make her look bad
Mar 11, 2021 2:49 AM
Jul 2018
TheFireNinja said:
Theo1899 said:
You can't talk about fire force without someone mentioning how tamaki sucks.
It's annoying.

Tamaki isn't a bad character. But her fanservice kind of loses charm after a while because it lacks the surprise.

My friend despises her. She keeps saying that tamaki is useless, annoying and only for fanservice. I haven't watched fire force myself but she does look more than a bit annoying.
Mar 11, 2021 2:55 AM

Jan 2019
Bakugo haters are the most annoying because they constantly bring up one line he said in the first episode as if it makes him unforgivable. They also criticize his fans for being bullies like him.
"In the End, Only Kindness Matters" -Jewel
Mar 11, 2021 2:57 AM
Jan 2021
Well haters in general are annoying
Mar 11, 2021 5:18 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
I'd agree with Tamaki, even though I've never watched Fire Force, for pretty much the same reasons people brought up earlier. Too many tend to force the conversation where it's not wanted/needed, hence why I know about it and dislike it in the first place.

I don't even know if I agree or disagree with the validity of the criticisms - I probably wouldn't, given the nature of what they are, but I still don't have enough info to actually be able to retort or even have a stance on the topic. It just gets kind of "Please shut the fuck up already, I get it" after a while. I shouldn't be annoyed about people hating a character I have no experience with and no opinion of. The only reason I am is because people are cringey and overbearing about it.

Mar 11, 2021 10:02 AM

Oct 2020
sakura haruno haters

like jeez, someone could post like a tiktok or a post with any other female character and when u go to the comments, there's ALWAYS something about sakura like jesus. just enjoy the damn video or pic or whatever and fucking stop comparing sakura to them. so damn annoying and immature.

𝕊𝕒𝕪ō𝕟𝕒𝕣𝕒 さようなら

Mar 11, 2021 10:47 AM
Jul 2018
MoonDragon72 said:
I came here to say Gabi but you beat me to it.
used to hate her but she's shown a strong character pretty well and because it's clearly really easy to hate her, it's made me like her alot. sorry for notif
Mar 13, 2021 8:48 PM
Jul 2018
Sakura Haruno. The most hated anime character.
Mar 22, 2021 4:46 PM
Mar 2019
ShanAsuna said:
SnesTea said:
Fuck Gabi. She's a useless plot device and I'm tired of her being on screen.

Useless plot device sounds a bit like an oxymoron, unless you meant she failed her role as a plot device or I'm missing something.

But in any case, toast to a fellow Gabi hater. She deserves her trophy as most-hated-AOT-character, in my opinion.

Bingo. I'm glad she didn't have a large part in the past few episodes.
Mar 22, 2021 4:58 PM

Apr 2017
ren0080 said:
S5-Astraea said:

I would argue the one who is insecure is Fllay and not the IRL people who dislike her. You don't go around hating another girl (Lacus) who did nothing to you except if you are insecure about your own competitive attributes, as a woman or as a general human being. Most people I know who dislike her, myself included, dislike her for her malice. However, I would never say she is the worst character in the show. Her reactions are realistic and so is her mindset, just she is neither likeable nor sympathetic because her very actions in the show portray her as a very ugly girl on the inside.

I didn't say that she wasn't insecure though.
Also, her flaws are what make her an important and realistic character. She's supposed to be a trash character, but no one looks past that and sees her real purpose in the story. Except for the minority like myself and others.

A realistic character does not mean that character will be liked. I give props to the show's writers for writing her realistic, but the fact that she is does not excuse her malice towards others for many. As for her purpose in the story, I do not believe people fail to see it. The fact that this character is hated should be proof enough that they did see the purpose of her character. If her actions had no effect on the plot or other characters, people wouldn't hate her enough to mention her nearly 2 decades after SEED's done airing. My only point in my original reply is that people have a right to dislike those who are malicious and just because people dislike a fictonal character they perceive to be malicious does not mean that they are insecure or problematic in any way as people.
There's no inherent right or wrong in this universe, but when we think with emotions rather than logic, we make things so.
Mar 22, 2021 5:13 PM

Jul 2015
Well, Gabi from SNK most likely takes the spot. If you add how spoiled and toxic SNK fanboys are, it gets even worse.

She may be dislikeable and her killing fanfavourite Sasha would be hard to atone, but she is not entirely to blame for what she is, but the sysfem who raised her. She is very well written and shoes so much potential for growing up as a character.

But no. She killed comic relief character so she bitch.

Mar 22, 2021 7:40 PM

Feb 2021
Definitely Haruno Sakura haters. Not only do they say Sakura is useless, but they have the audacity to say Hinata helps Naruto more than Sakura does. Yeah Hinata is very supportive of Naruto, but she's not even on screen for the most part of the series.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Mar 24, 2021 12:37 AM
May 2020
Gabi haters, like i get it you love Sasha but wishing her to get raped is too far.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » What position do you watch anime in?

Spunkert - 3 hours ago

9 by MichaelJackson »»
58 seconds ago

» Do you drop shows?

EverRealm - 6 hours ago

32 by Ochimusha »»
1 minute ago

» Does being an anime fan make you proud or embarassed?

BuddhaIsBetter - 10 hours ago

31 by perseii »»
2 minutes ago

» Things you are jealous of in anime

IpreferEcchi - Apr 20

33 by BlueBullet178 »»
4 minutes ago

» You truly don't care about anime MAL score/rank? Ooh cool, but... ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 21

92 by Ochimusha »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.