Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 8, 2021 8:39 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, love is in the air this episode. Interesting amount of focus on Mira this episode.

We also got the characters making work of sheep and cooking up some lamb. I'm actually quite impressed by how smooth they made that look.
Mar 8, 2021 8:39 AM

Jul 2017
Shell and Leon's own split adventure into Dunhuang...and Shell thought that he'd have met the love of his life, but instead...landed himself into trouble meeting one of the Underworld Cooking Society's Five Tiger Stars: Mira the Blue-Eyed Tiger a.k.a the Mirror.

Leon is too smart to figure out Shan's plan of the usual good vs. evil challenge to acquire the Legendary Cooking Utensils, and the theme between Leon vs. Mira: lamb, out in the sandstorm desert and in the competition made up of imitations and one-upping through hidden means (e.g. spice).

The one adage still stands: no matter how well dishes are copied, one cannot beat uniqueness in traits.
KANLen09Mar 8, 2021 10:30 AM
Mar 8, 2021 10:22 AM
Sep 2015
They're more naked in oasis scene in the manga, and they're more explicit that she give water through her mouth. But it's not like we can't guess this happen from the context given in anime. Anyway, anime still add something that doesn't have in manga, like Lei En sleeping shirtless (or naked!), which is exactly what I want than seeing naked woman LOL.

Next episode will still about her, but I'm wondering how can they manage the other two. Other three tigers seem to be too important to be cramped in only two episodes, especially Ya Xian the Wanderer aka the alcoholic one, he seems very dangerous, even leading tiger can't solve him completely.
phantomfandomMar 8, 2021 10:25 AM
Mar 8, 2021 11:23 AM
Dec 2014
so... because Lei En knew he cant beat her with his cooking skill alone, he let her copy his fake dish and made that lamb liver dish which is his real dish in secret..?? (Well played Lei En.. ) BTW... I can see they are speeding up the pacing really fast.... I wish this anime had planned about more than 20 episodes..(p.s. didnt liked how they skipped the real first battle of the ship battle in previous season...)
Mar 9, 2021 6:16 PM

Oct 2008
oh nice centred episode for Xie Lu & Lei En!
both are really has a level of their own!
5/5.

Mar 11, 2021 11:18 AM
May 2019
phantomfandom said:
They're more naked in oasis scene in the manga, and they're more explicit that she give water through her mouth.

Next episode will still about her, but I'm wondering how can they manage the other two. Other three tigers seem to be too important to be cramped in only two episodes...

i see, that makes more sense how Xie Lu could've fallen for her. Once again, this show is lacking in terms of presentation, with a lot of things skipped that makes some moments in this episode confusing.

However, i thought that the preview was showing some scenes past the results of Lei En's battle. It does look like a lot of things will be rushed again next episode. Maybe the rest of the arc is going to be concluded in an OVA if they can't fit everything? i hope not... Might be better to have a cliffhanger and continue it next season
ShiIeokiMar 11, 2021 11:21 AM
May 27, 2021 1:56 AM

Jul 2015
Too bad Shell's true love is one of the tigers, must've hurt discovering that..and also dropping almost to death..

Leon seems to have outsmarted the copycat, making me wonder how nobody had noticed him doing so until it was too late.

Jan 4, 2022 5:37 AM
Dec 2013
wtf? They just skipped 8 chapters of the manga! That's 2 episodes of content! If only this anime had a third season, they wouldn't have had to skip them. I guess the final episode will adapt the final chapter of the manga, with no filler ending like the original adaptation, but getting there by skipping more unimportant chapters that don't tie in to the main storyline about the Five Tiger Stars?
wildhoodJan 6, 2022 3:51 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shin Chuuka Ichiban! 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2021

13 by banninghamma »»
Jan 4, 2023 3:56 PM

Poll: » Shin Chuuka Ichiban! 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jan 18, 2021

5 by sailoricy »»
Nov 9, 2022 12:59 AM

Poll: » Shin Chuuka Ichiban! 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2021

6 by wildhood »»
Jan 2, 2022 6:09 PM

Poll: » Shin Chuuka Ichiban! 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2021

9 by wildhood »»
Dec 25, 2021 5:36 AM

Poll: » Shin Chuuka Ichiban! 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2021

7 by Unkrowned »»
May 27, 2021 3:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.