Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 8, 2021 5:24 AM

Nov 2020
I recently rewatched mha while I was banned and I think the show just continues to go down hill since the 2nd season. I am not at the point where I dislike it but the series just lost its charm to me. Characters would become less interesting to me, the fights were becoming less interesting, and the fights were just alright. (Tell me what you think)
Friendship is kinda overrated lmao
Mar 8, 2021 5:28 AM

Jul 2020
Well yeah I agree with you, apparently it stays downhill during the first arc of season 5, then picks up again in the second arc.
I gave up on character of the week since it takes too much thinking. I'll just change my forum pfp to whoever I want every week lol.
Mar 8, 2021 5:29 AM
Apr 2013
Well, I will agree that season 2 was probably the best season, so technically, yes, it went downhill, but not in the negative canotation you seem to use. The one thing I really don't look forward to will be the new season because it has an endlessly long arc I absolutely despise, where we don't even get to see the main characters for like 5 episodes. But aside from that, I really still enjoy the story and especially the characters. BnHA 4 in particular had with Overhaul vs Lemilion a really great fight, and Mirio became one of my favorites in a short time.
Mar 8, 2021 5:30 AM
Jul 2018
In terms of anime yes but the mangas last arc was the best.
Mar 8, 2021 5:31 AM

Nov 2020
Play2X said:
Well, I will agree that season 2 was probably the best season, so technically, yes, it went downhill, but not in the negative canotation you seem to use. The one thing I really don't look forward to will be the new season because it has an endlessly long arc I absolutely despise, where we don't even get to see the main characters for like 5 episodes. But aside from that, I really still enjoy the story and especially the characters. BnHA 4 in particular had with Overhaul vs Lemilion a really great fight, and Mirio became one of my favorites in a short time.
Oh ok, I just gope mha gets back in its feet again though
Mar 8, 2021 5:32 AM
Sep 2020
it cant go downhill if it was garbage from the start LOL, there is no more down from there
Attack on titan final arc makes game of throne season 8 look like a MASTERPIECE.

isayama is fucking incompetent clown
Mar 8, 2021 5:32 AM

Oct 2019
yea, I'm anime only and I thought that season 2 has been the peak so far but what I've heard from Manga readers is that it picks up again
Mar 8, 2021 5:35 AM

Nov 2020
VsauceDealer said:
it cant go downhill if it was garbage from the start LOL, there is no more down from there
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
Mar 8, 2021 5:35 AM
Jul 2016
How can it go downhill when it never even reached the rank of "Mediocre"?
The Land of Waves arc is better then the whole of MHA, and its not even close.
Mar 8, 2021 5:41 AM

Nov 2013
VsauceDealer said:

Yeah, I was about to say basically the same thing.

@PsychoJDM
Hey, good taste in characters and people!
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Mar 8, 2021 5:45 AM

Dec 2020
Season 2 peaked
Season 3 and 4 lacks in both pacing in animation, that's why it wasn't as good as season 2.

The manga however is different. While it has some downs in some of the recent arcs, it's actually decent.

I wasted all my time in rewatching to the point of my rewatch total is higher than my overall anime total lmao
Mar 8, 2021 5:49 AM

Jul 2020
I dunno, this season might cause a bit of controversy with how the story uses Deku...
Mar 8, 2021 5:57 AM

Dec 2015
I still have the unpopular opinion that S3 part 1 was the peak of the series. Maybe because I can appreciate tension and soundtrack, while most people only care about animation. But we can all agree after that it just went completely downhill, specially Season 4 part 2 with that pathetic villain and music show.
Mar 8, 2021 5:59 AM

Feb 2020
No
According to me -
3rd season was the best out of 4 season
3rd>2nd>1st>4th
(Its actually ok for 4th season to be not as good as others because it the at the point where its a breather content (or experimental) in a long running show)

Also even according to mal scores
2nd>3rd>1st>4th (tbh the score difference between season in not even that much)

As long as its not 1>2>3>4. I cannot say its going downhill

Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Mar 8, 2021 5:59 AM

May 2018
Yeah, it can't fall down if it already was at the bottom at the start.

Mar 8, 2021 6:46 AM
Sep 2020
SinOfSlothKing said:
How can it go downhill when it never even reached the rank of "Mediocre"?
The Land of Waves arc is better then the whole of MHA, and its not even close.

100% agreed, my hero is dogshit and overrated
Attack on titan final arc makes game of throne season 8 look like a MASTERPIECE.

Mar 8, 2021 6:49 AM

Jul 2017
The fandom ruined My Hero Academia..
Mar 8, 2021 6:51 AM

Sep 2018
I agree though I think a heavy decline of quality came with season 4.
Mar 8, 2021 7:50 AM

Oct 2020
For me, MHA ain't going downhill after a certain point. Sure it has it's ups and downs, it's battle shounen after all.

Here's my opinion on which MHA season is superior than other from it's own seasons:
2nd Season > 4th Season > 3rd Season > 1st Season

Oh, one more thing. MHA did not ruin their own show. The fandom's the one that actually ruin the goddamn show.

"ꜱᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ ᴏꜰ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ, ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴜɴɪᴛᴇᴅ, ɪᴛ'ꜱ ʙᴀʀʀᴇᴅ ʙʏ ɴᴏ ᴅᴏᴏʀ..." -Aigis
Mar 8, 2021 7:52 AM
Jul 2018
Yes it has, but it never was that special to begin with. S2 was indeed the best one though.
Mar 8, 2021 7:53 AM

Sep 2020
My hero academia was always a masterpiece. It never went downhill

WHAT A LAUGHABLE ATTEMPT.
YOU SHOULD JUST STAY WHERE YOU ARE
, GROVELING AT MY FEET

P.S. PLEASE HELP ME GAIN MORE PROFILE VIEWS
Mar 8, 2021 7:53 AM
Jul 2018
I liked My Hero Academia lots when I started anime... but overtime not sure if it was the show or me but it just got boring

I'm banking on Season 5 being at-least decent - That last arc in season 4 was... not the best lets say that
removed-userMar 8, 2021 7:57 AM
Mar 8, 2021 7:55 AM

Jan 2021
It was never been at the top of the hill. So... It cannot go downhill. :D

Jokes aside, Nope it is "waving". It was not a good show at first season but 2nd and last season was good actually.
“In the battlefield, there is no place for hope. What lies there is only cold despair and a sin called victory, built on the pain of the defeated. All those people who met there have wholeheartedly admitted the evil and foolishness of this act called war. As long as people don’t repent and don’t regard it as the most evil taboo, then hell will endlessly reappear in the world.”

– Kiritsugu Emiya
Mar 8, 2021 7:56 AM

Jan 2021
Yeah. It used to be in my favorites. And I was looking forward the new season but now not anymore.
Mar 8, 2021 8:00 AM

Feb 2021
My ratings of each mha season
MHA s1 rate 5/10
MHA s2 rate 7/10
MHA s3 rate 3.5/10 ( this season
contains the
worst MHA arc)
MHA s4 rate 4/10
So yeah I personally think mha is going down hill. It started as a bad overrated anime and now it's turning into shitty overrated anime.
OminousPsycaMar 8, 2021 8:15 AM
Bungee Gum possesses the properties of both rubber and gum.
Mar 8, 2021 8:02 AM

Jan 2017
Depends on how long you can endure watching the exact same thing without getting bored, it's just repetetive
REVIVE MECHA
Mar 8, 2021 8:03 AM

Dec 2014
I thought S4 wasn't as good as the previous two seasons, but apparently after the Shie Hassaikai arc it gets better so I'm hopeful for S5.
Mar 8, 2021 8:03 AM

Oct 2017
S4 was much better than the second half of S3 (weakest arc by far). People say it went down hill but I think it's just the traditional people buy into x battle shonen hype and now after the collective hype has passed people lose interest. Honestly I bet people are over valuing past seasons then because it's not like they were written that much better.

That said I do think Deku has stagnated as a character and the series could benefit a timeskip granted people are hyping up the second half of S5 and the arc that is supposed to probably get adapted in a S6 so who knows if it gets better.
Mar 8, 2021 8:07 AM

Feb 2021
VsauceDealer said:
you are absolutely right. It pains me that mha that popular.
Bungee Gum possesses the properties of both rubber and gum.
Mar 8, 2021 8:15 AM
Feb 2021
It's trash.The S4 is garbage it's like watching fillers and from S3 it's going downhill
Mar 8, 2021 8:22 AM

Jan 2021
at the moment yes, but apparently a very good part of the manga is going to come in the 6th season so i'll keep watching to see if it's as good as they say.
"不幸だ!" - Kamijou Touma
Check out my anime list by clicking here (it's public now).

Mar 8, 2021 8:48 AM
Sep 2020
OminousPsyca said:
VsauceDealer said:
you are absolutely right. It pains me that mha that popular.

yep, there are so many better stuff out there that could be animated :( but instead they waste animators on this :/

Mar 8, 2021 9:40 AM

Oct 2018
I honestly agree it has gone downhill. My biggest problem with MHA is that there are too many goddamn training arc and all the training arc in MHA are trash. It seem like all the good arcs last for so much less time and the training (or just bad/mediocre arcs) arcs go on forever. The last two arcs of Season 4 are proof of this. The Pro-Hero arc which is literally the best arc of that season lasts for 2 episodes when the Gentle Criminal/School Festival arc which most consider to be the worst arc in the show lasts 8 - 11 episodes.

Also unpopular opinion saying MHA is "overrated" is as common of an opinion as those who say it is the best thing ever. Also the criticism of generic is stupid.
Adimus_primeMar 8, 2021 9:43 AM
Mar 8, 2021 9:42 AM

May 2020
Yes it indeed is . Season 4 was the worst . Season 3 was good . Season 2 was the best .

Something that’s supposed to die and doesn’t… will eventually rot away , whether it’s a man or a nation
Mar 8, 2021 9:48 AM

Feb 2021
I think up until season 4 it was ok. Season 4 was horrendous, and tbh Season 5 doesn't look too promising from the trailer. I will probably wait a few weeks to hear viewers' opinions on season 5 before I actually decide whether to watch it, since I almost wish I had saved time and just dropped before Season 4.
Mar 8, 2021 10:11 AM

Apr 2012
I would phrase it more as the series has gotten less consistent. The best stretch of content in the series for me was between the tail end of season 1 through the first half of season 3. There were still dips here and there in that stretch; however, the difference between those highs and lows was less glaring. Whereas seasons 3 and 4 have some major disparities between their high quality and low quality content.

However, I have always gotten the impression from MHA of it being hit and miss. It feels like the arcs that I enjoy versus the arcs that I could not get invested in are pretty much one-to-one. It's just that now the good arcs are less concentrated together.
Mar 8, 2021 10:21 AM
Jul 2018
Once the second arc of Season 5 gets animated that's when it gets decent and worth watching, but it's going to be very painful till you reach that point
Mar 8, 2021 11:41 AM

Jul 2017
It starts to become boring after season 2 because there is essentially no story progression and the character development is subtle. Not to mention that there are like no deaths in the series and that downplays the essence of heroism.
Mar 8, 2021 11:45 AM
Feb 2018
Since like third season my hero academia has lost is appeal to me first two seasons are well enough and the story hardly progresses now. I did not see the fourth season and ı literallly cannot watch the third season because its uninteresting.
Mar 8, 2021 12:00 PM

Mar 2018
Well I haven’t read the manga but I though season 4 was pretty bad so I guess.
Mar 8, 2021 1:26 PM

Sep 2008
it's been on a constant downhill since the 1st minute.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Mar 8, 2021 1:27 PM

May 2010
In order for something to go downhill wouldn't it have had to have first been atop a hill?

nyugvo6 said:
it's been on a constant downhill since the 1st minute.

This.

If anyone does not love the Lord
Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Mar 8, 2021 4:24 PM

Jan 2020
The series peaked during season 2 for me and yea, it has been slowly going down since then imo

Mar 8, 2021 5:05 PM

Sep 2014
A problem of the show is the studios dont give it enough time. It usually gets worse when they made a movie before a season
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 8, 2021 10:31 PM
May 2020
Until they can top the season 2 (which imo was very good and it's their best season), I can agree with you, but I still love this show lol.
HAMAN KARN SUPREMACY

More topics from this board

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men?

Alpha_1_Zero - Today

48 by JKKH »»
2 minutes ago

» Things you are jealous of in anime

IpreferEcchi - Apr 20

39 by mason_black »»
3 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

88 by APolygons2 »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Interest and hobbies change with time

nishant0 - 7 hours ago

26 by Abomination_suah »»
8 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows?

EverRealm - Today

45 by T3NLTD »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.