Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 7, 2021 5:37 PM
Jul 2019
Why does everyone have to pick a side? I love every character, they're so well written and every character is so unique! I love Gabi, I love Floch, I love Armin, I love Eren, I love Reiner, I love them all! From Theo Magath to Dhalis Zachary! This season has been amazing for character development I want to know if there are people who feel the same way as me.

AND I GET IT!!! I get that you can be so invested in certain characters that you root for one side believe me I root for my boy Armin whatever happens BUT I love every character and side and I can appreciate it! Especially Flochad man he has grown on me so much I love him <3

Do you guys side with me? What are your favourite characters at the moment (Episode 72)? Do you think it's strange to like every character? I see so much hate and I understand it but I feel like it's starting to get old and YES I'm anime only and love Gabi's character.
Mar 7, 2021 5:44 PM
Jun 2020
I completely agree. This season is just a cluster fuck of pain. I feel bad for every single character and can understand their motives
Mar 7, 2021 5:45 PM

Aug 2020
yeah I think that's the point. Marley arc basically humanizes the people on the other side or at least the eldians in marley. This suddenly puts us in a situation where both sides are good and bad depending on what perspective you look at it from.

My favorite in episode 72 was Flochs character lol. He became such a chad after the timeskip. I used to despise him but now that I see how strong his motives are and he does everything for Paradis. I now bow down to king floch.
Mar 7, 2021 5:48 PM
Apr 2020
I won't say much since i'm a manga reader but yeah i understand the feeling. Aside from generic military assholes and characters who are specifically written for us to hate them (won't say anything to spoil), pretty much the main cast of characters all have valid reasons for being the way they are and what they want to fight for so it's easy to be attached to them. Your question reminds me of season 2 where anime watchers were hating on reiner and bertholt for being traitors and killing people even though they made it clear they didn't want to (for the most part anyway).
Mar 7, 2021 5:52 PM

Mar 2016
Yes. Absolutists hate this season for that very reason. Absolutism and ignorance are relative.
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Mar 7, 2021 6:51 PM
Nov 2018
Finally someone who understands my point of view, there are literally people who think that if I watch neutrally then I’m not as big of a fan as they are🙃
Mar 7, 2021 6:51 PM
Nov 2020
Bro u rlly like gabi tho u wildin g
Mar 7, 2021 6:53 PM
Nov 2018
SweetieSquad said:
Yes. Absolutists hate this season for that very reason. Absolutism and ignorance are relative.
tbh, it’s fine if others want to watch it with this mindset, but for them to expect all the other watchers to watch with their same mindset is what gets me.
Mar 7, 2021 6:54 PM

Jul 2012
Vishguy24 said:

She is comprehensible enough, and just tried to protect her nation against what she could only classify as killer terrorists. What is to hate about that kid, her not being okay with it?
Mar 7, 2021 7:05 PM

Oct 2013
Nope, it is not strange. In fact, I think this Season's main advantage is that there are not utterly good or bad characters. Each one of them have their own story and reasons to act as they act, mostly because of wanting to protect somebody else (one person or many people).

However, I don't like Floch. He is a well-written character, there is no doubt, however I don't like people like him personally, that's why it would be awkward to actually like him. But I can understand why he became a loyal Yaegerist.
Mar 7, 2021 7:14 PM

Jun 2016
Gabi's probably one of the most annoying characters i've ever come across in all my years of watching anime, not "subaru annoying level" because i literally dropped the anime because of him, but still, pretty annoying.
Mar 7, 2021 7:20 PM
Jul 2019
rabialq said:
SweetieSquad said:
tbh, it’s fine if others want to watch it with this mindset, but for them to expect all the other watchers to watch with their same mindset is what gets me.

I don't expect them to like it as much as me from my point of view but I just feel like a story like this can give you so much more when you're viewing it from every side! It sparks the conversation up that what everyone does in this story is because what they think is right! There's no good or evil the story is morally grey. Every point is valid and what the characters do and their actions are justifiable.

What one character thinks it's right for the world doesn't mean it's true or the opposite! Like Marley for example Theo Magath and Willy Tyber did what they had to do to protect THEIR families to protect THEIR people because the Marley higherups were incompetent and drove the hole nation into self destruction by going into wars and using Eldians and oppressing them and everyone else. Willy did declare war on Paradis BECAUSE that was the only way the Eldians in the main land could be integrated and BECAUSE the hole world would have a common goal a common enemy - Paradis/ Eren Yeager. By uniting the hole world Marley would not be doomed and everyone would be united.

Everyone is right and everyone is justified in their actions I just want people to understand that! I get that everyone has a side that he's rooting for but I think It's valuable to understand the other sides too! Like I said I do have favourite characters and I want them to succeed but then again when I see the other sides I want them to succeed too! It doesn't take away from the tension of the anime or the story if not I'm more invested because I want everyone to succeed making it impossible for that to happen I get so much emotional about it!
Mar 7, 2021 7:29 PM
Jul 2019
aylarchan said:
Gabi's probably one of the most annoying characters i've ever come across in all my years of watching anime, not "subaru annoying level" because i literally dropped the anime because of him, but still, pretty annoying.

I agree that she's annoying! But I feel like her character is supposed to be annoying because it's easy to forget that she's a brainwashed child soldier that doesn't understand why are things happening the way that they are!

Sometimes in anime people forget about that these are supposed to be real people with real emotions and feelings that are not perfect and don't see things like we see it on the big screen (at least I do) but if we try to put ourselves in their shoes I wonder If I would act much different it's food for thought :D

But yes Gabi is supposed to be annoying.
Mar 7, 2021 7:43 PM

Dec 2017
JustTheKrys said:
rabialq said:

I don't expect them to like it as much as me from my point of view but I just feel like a story like this can give you so much more when you're viewing it from every side! It sparks the conversation up that what everyone does in this story is because what they think is right! There's no good or evil the story is morally grey. Every point is valid and what the characters do and their actions are justifiable.

What one character thinks it's right for the world doesn't mean it's true or the opposite! Like Marley for example Theo Magath and Willy Tyber did what they had to do to protect THEIR families to protect THEIR people because the Marley higherups were incompetent and drove the hole nation into self destruction by going into wars and using Eldians and oppressing them and everyone else. Willy did declare war on Paradis BECAUSE that was the only way the Eldians in the main land could be integrated and BECAUSE the hole world would have a common goal a common enemy - Paradis/ Eren Yeager. By uniting the hole world Marley would not be doomed and everyone would be united.

Everyone is right and everyone is justified in their actions I just want people to understand that! I get that everyone has a side that he's rooting for but I think It's valuable to understand the other sides too! Like I said I do have favourite characters and I want them to succeed but then again when I see the other sides I want them to succeed too! It doesn't take away from the tension of the anime or the story if not I'm more invested because I want everyone to succeed making it impossible for that to happen I get so much emotional about it!
Well, we also need to accept that not everyone can see things from a broad perspective like a bird's eye view. It's not necessarily a bad thing per se, as it can also be interpreted as the author Hajime Isayama's success in stirring up and dividing his readers' opinions regarding the conflict in the series so much so that it even resembles the opposing factions in the series itself.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 7, 2021 7:49 PM
Jul 2019
electromagneto said:
JustTheKrys said:

Well, we also need to accept that not everyone can see things from a broad perspective like a bird's eye view. It's not necessarily a bad thing per se, as it can also be interpreted as the author Hajime Isayama's success in stirring up and dividing his readers' opinions regarding the conflict in the series so much so that it even resembles the opposing factions in the series itself.

I guess you're right Isayama is a mastermind and I wouldn't doubt that that is what his intention is. Either way if you're on one side or the other everyone agrees that AoT is pretty amazing for It's story so I just gotta give props to the man himself
Mar 7, 2021 8:48 PM
Nov 2018
JustTheKrys said:
electromagneto said:

I guess you're right Isayama is a mastermind and I wouldn't doubt that that is what his intention is. Either way if you're on one side or the other everyone agrees that AoT is pretty amazing for It's story so I just gotta give props to the man himself
exactly we shouldn’t keep fighting amongst ourselves over the most stupid reasons like pickin a side or likin a character, which is exactly what is happening with the fandom now.
Mar 7, 2021 8:49 PM

Jan 2020
100% this. Ive been rooting for both sides this whole season lol.
Mar 7, 2021 8:53 PM
Oct 2020
Everyone except commander gross
Mar 8, 2021 12:19 AM

Jul 2020
No it just makes you more mature.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Mar 8, 2021 12:28 AM
Nov 2020
Nah, if you like every character then it is fine it is just personal opinion an every one is entitled to it. In my opinion , I hate all Gabi and work others but it is just my opinion and plus it is just fiction . Tldr, it is not wrong if you think that go ahead ,fuck the others if they bully you cuz of that
Mar 8, 2021 12:47 AM
Mar 2021
Unpopular opinion: I don’t think Eren is actually being manipulated, I think he is just playing long so he can take down Zeke. No way Eren would take sides with the man who got his mom killed and all of his friends.
Mar 8, 2021 12:48 AM

Dec 2018
Danpmss said:
Vishguy24 said:

She is comprehensible enough, and just tried to protect her nation against what she could only classify as killer terrorists. What is to hate about that kid, her not being okay with it?

Re-posting my old post on why I hate Gabi

I dislike Gabi and it's not for the more popular reasons that's been thrown about which can be explained away by the trauma and hatred she felt from the attack on Liberio.

I disliked Gabi almost from the moment she came on screen because she has an inherent character flaw as a 12-year old. She enjoys war and the glory it gives her too much. She felt absolutely no remorse or guilt or even the slightest discomfort at causing the deaths of the soldiers in Fort Slava, whom she was only able to kill because they had a moment of doubt, a flicker of humanity in the madness of war, about killing her, an unarmed child.

I don't know, that really unnerved me. Even Eren, when killing the human traffickers who killed Mikasa's parents had to steel himself for the deed and soothe his guilt by convincing himself they were beasts rather than human.

So yea, I don't even think Gabi is really all that similar to Eren. She is inherently a more evil and unsympathetic character, since the very beginning.
ShanAsunaMar 8, 2021 1:33 AM
Mar 8, 2021 1:17 AM

Nov 2020
Everyone right now is the protagonist.the viewers must pick sides, but i reccommend just being neutral
Mar 8, 2021 1:24 AM
Aug 2020
I personally find it weird. I understand the concept of liking all characters regardless of side, but that doesn’t at all apply to Aot for me.
Mar 8, 2021 2:10 AM
Jul 2018
JustTheKrys said:
Why does everyone have to pick a side? I love every character, they're so well written and every character is so unique! I love Gabi, I love Floch, I love Armin, I love Eren, I love Reiner, I love them all! From Theo Magath to Dhalis Zachary! This season has been amazing for character development I want to know if there are people who feel the same way as me.

AND I GET IT!!! I get that you can be so invested in certain characters that you root for one side believe me I root for my boy Armin whatever happens BUT I love every character and side and I can appreciate it! Especially Flochad man he has grown on me so much I love him <3

Do you guys side with me? What are your favourite characters at the moment (Episode 72)? Do you think it's strange to like every character? I see so much hate and I understand it but I feel like it's starting to get old and YES I'm anime only and love Gabi's character.
that's the actual point show is tryna show that even in real life in maximum cases(unless someone is a psychopath) no one is wrong. Everyone has their sides. Even in war both sides are neither right nor wrong. So you're actually thinking things right way.
Mar 8, 2021 2:31 AM

Mar 2019
I don't understand how anyone can love Floch or Yelena. What have either of these two done to make you have positive feelings towards them? I'm pretty sure they're written in such a way for you to hate them... Just like Rod Reiss.
Mar 8, 2021 4:35 AM
Nov 2020
Danpmss said:
Vishguy24 said:

U right but she got mad skills by 360 no scoping Sasha
Mar 8, 2021 5:06 AM
Oct 2019
Nope you can side with whoever you wanted, this is the beauty of Attack on Titan...
There is no really Black and White...
Mar 8, 2021 5:11 AM
Jul 2019
poemofdevil said:
I don't understand how anyone can love Floch or Yelena. What have either of these two done to make you have positive feelings towards them? I'm pretty sure they're written in such a way for you to hate them... Just like Rod Reiss.

To see Floch from a scared recruit that didn't know anything from season 3 to being second in command is very impressive to me we can't argue that he's definitely grown as a character and even if Yelena and Floch are supposed to be written as characters to hate them that's why I like them because I can see their point of view. Yelena is definitely crazy and she's the most extreme but to execute such plans for the past 3 years on Paradis is... You gotta give her props also to Floch for the same reason and to the mastermind Zeke Yeager. I get that a lot of people dislike Floch and Yelena but you have to give them at least some respect for the things that they are doing.
Mar 8, 2021 5:14 AM
Mar 2017
JustTheKrys said:

It's definitely not strange. The entire point of showing Marley's POV in the first few episodes was to make this point clear... Season 3 ended showing the other side as devils. Season 4 began with showing how they are human as well - how they get happy when experiencing something new, how they get sad. AOT is this amazing show where you slowly come to realize that no one is wrong or right. It's a matter of which side you see it from.
Mar 8, 2021 5:18 AM

Jun 2020
No, I think this show does a great job of making it hard for you to decide who you want to win
Mar 8, 2021 5:21 AM

Mar 2017
I think that's kinda what this season is about tbh - taking the concept of 'good guys' and 'bad guys' and showing that there's no such thing. Let's put it this way; I wouldn't want to be involved with this situation if I was part of AOT's world cause it's fucking tough making a decision about who is right and who is wrong!
Mar 8, 2021 7:31 AM
Jul 2019
katie_potaty said:
I think that's kinda what this season is about tbh - taking the concept of 'good guys' and 'bad guys' and showing that there's no such thing. Let's put it this way; I wouldn't want to be involved with this situation if I was part of AOT's world cause it's fucking tough making a decision about who is right and who is wrong!

Yeah I think you said it perfectly! I wouldn't want to be in their situation either.
Mar 8, 2021 10:16 AM
Apr 2020
I always ask myself two questions when watching a show with complex characters regarding their actions or beliefs. First, based off who I am today and what I value, would act the same way if I was in a similar situation. Second, if I shared similar experiences to this character, could I guarantee that I would act differently. This mindset allows me to sympathize with controversial characters. Its easy to be critical and skeptical of a characters decisions when they’re in a situation that requires desperate measures, but asking myself the first question increases my objectivity. The second questions takes it a step further and places me in the shoes of character that might be my polar opposite and really consider if I can find any understanding in their actions. The beauty of fiction is the exposure to characters who I might not understand or even ever relate to, but I get to simulate how I might respond if I ever met someone like that in real life. Obviously not to the extreme extent as shown I’m these stories, but in real life there are people who share similar ideologies or beliefs to these characters. While in real life there is a responsibility to protect or treat victims before trying to understand perpetrators, fiction doesn’t hold this responsibility, so it allows me to sympathize with more characters then I might initially in real life.
Mar 10, 2021 12:51 PM
Jan 2021
I felt strange at moment when I realized I was sympathizing with all the characters involved. Like I understand stand the pain and all that they have suffered through this season. I mean, is a war there's no side, no good guys or bad guys. Just people struggling through that wicked world.
Mar 10, 2021 2:00 PM

Jul 2019
Yes it is strange

If you like Gabi youre probably a bad person. No redeeming character traits whatsoever lmao

Shes essentially a Marleyan white supremacist. Fuck her

More topics from this board

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

18 by belugaanime »»
Apr 19, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 10, 2021

986 by Jasmin061011 »»
Apr 2, 8:12 AM

» Falco and Gabi…

Arddaa52 - Jul 25, 2021

20 by Adrena »»
Mar 27, 6:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.