Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 5, 2021 10:06 AM
Oct 2017
Rama_pt said:
(Warning: this will be long, and i mean loooooong. And will contain not only spoilers for this, but also for the manga and other media. You have been warned.)

So, i first read the spoilers on reddit, and at first i was like "No. People are trolling, right?... Right?" and then i had the "brilliant" idea of while i was on yt before going to sleep, checking some guy let´s play, to check if there was video of that (only saw 2 scenes, one of them the ending), so i confirmed, at least, some of the comments.
Let´s be honest, we all knew it would happen, it was a matter of days.
If people are thinking why i would do that. Bear in mind that i (normally) don´t care if someone tells me how something ends, because as they say, for me the important isn´t how it ends, it´s the journey there.
Tho, not the brightest idea having done that late at night, because i spent 2 hours lying in bed going left and right, while my brain was in overdrive trying to make sense of what i had just watched.

With that said, i only had 1 expectation for this whole Rebuild series. Get an ending that i could say "Okay. I´m satisfied.".
I never daydreamed about a particular way about how i liked it to end, i didn´t care if we had an epilogue showing what happened to the characters years in the future, months or just days after the final battle. Just something that could put this to rest, finally.
Not that difficult, right? Evangelion is my nº1 anime of all time, but if you ask me if i prefer Asuka x Shinji or Ayanami x Shinji (no, i was never part of the Kaworu x Shinji), i would say that i´d be fine either way.

But, after watching the first 3 movies i was, obviously, thinking it would be Asuka x Shinji.
Ayanami x Shinji was a ship that died for me after what happened at the end of 2.0 and the events of 3.0 (even more after the troll thing of the trailer at the end of 2.0 having almost nothing to do with what actually happened on 3.0), so i thought it was all set to be Asuka x Shinji.

Well, as i said, long and ranty.

I guess Rifujin was right when he said that even if the new movie was awesome (i think he posted this before the movie came out), maybe we would be happier not seeing it, to maintain the good memories of the original series.

*siiiiiiiigggggggggghhhhhhhh*

Asuka and Kensuke - there were zero ounces of romanticism between them.
Proof - Miyamura in a live stream on March 20th has agreed to the father figure interpretation of Kensuke. She has expressed her distaste at the idea of Kensuke as a Asuka's partner, clarified Anno and Tsurumaki themselves told her he's a father figure -

"Asuka is not human, so she can't live with the people of the Third Village, so she stays at Kenken's house.
For 14 years, Asuka's body did not grow, but her hair did, and she was lonely.
Kenken took care of Asuka, who was lonely.
Asuka must have been very happy with Kenken's warmth.
Kenken is now in the position of Kaji-san. I think Kenken is like a father.
The 14-year-old Shinji is different from the 28-year-old Kenken.
Asuka and Kenken's relationship is not a romantic one, but a parent-child one.
I'm not a fan of the "Kenken" ending.
I don't believe that Kenken would ever touch Asuka

I have made a recent post named by https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1912253 in this forum hope it helps you
Their are many false fabricated spoilers going on..so beware of them
PapaUchihaApr 5, 2021 10:10 AM
Apr 5, 2021 10:08 AM
Oct 2017
ZeroTwo__002 said:
SparkleDuck said:
highly doubt he did. There are threads on Twitter with more detailed plot summaries and they don't mention him with her. Also Shinji x Mari is not confirmed. She gives him a playful tease kiss once and that's it, but she teases multiple characters, she's just flirty lol..

This movie does not really play with ships behind saying that Kaworu has a similar role to helping Shinji as Yui did to Gendo.

Also the movie has a badass giant cgi Rei from EoE apparently. Omega based. That and... It straight up jumps to the EoE ending with that bloody beach and choke scene BEFORE the true ending.
Yes that's why I was weirded out when I saw that some random ass ship sailed. NGE never really cared about ships that much ever.

Asuka and Kensuke - there were zero ounces of romanticism between them.
Proof - Miyamura in a live stream on March 20th has agreed to the father figure interpretation of Kensuke. She has expressed her distaste at the idea of Kensuke as a Asuka's partner, clarified Anno and Tsurumaki themselves told her he's a father figure -

"Asuka is not human, so she can't live with the people of the Third Village, so she stays at Kenken's house.
For 14 years, Asuka's body did not grow, but her hair did, and she was lonely.
Kenken took care of Asuka, who was lonely.
Asuka must have been very happy with Kenken's warmth.
Kenken is now in the position of Kaji-san. I think Kenken is like a father.
The 14-year-old Shinji is different from the 28-year-old Kenken.
Asuka and Kenken's relationship is not a romantic one, but a parent-child one.
I'm not a fan of the "Kenken" ending.
I don't believe that Kenken would ever touch Asuka

That post has actual anime subtitles and what it meant plus the VA's interviews.
I have made a recent post named by https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1912253 hope it helps you. Which discusses this extensively in the forums.
Apr 13, 2021 1:32 AM
Mar 2018
I guess working on something for too long really can harm the final product. Anno was again way up in his own ass sniffing out all the potential and then throwing it aside to be more "diverse". Suddenly making Mari a thing is just proof that he wrote himself in a corner with his original characters and then he needed a Hail Mary to fix it. And it all made great sense in the end. Could've at least made the "angels" more realistic to the original description in ancient texts, but this would at least require him to read and do research instead of travelling around for "reference"...
Apr 30, 2021 10:07 PM
Apr 2021
The entire rebuild version is unnecessary. Anyway don't be confused. The Original and the Rebuild are different stories.
Aug 12, 2021 11:03 AM

Mar 2012
Holy fucking shit the timeloop is real

Bravo Anno
Aug 12, 2021 11:40 PM
Jun 2020
I wasn't happy with Shinji ending up with Mari and Asuka ending up with Kensuke but hey i think thats why Asuka and Shinji end up together in the original series. I mean in the manga its pretty hinted at so i like to believe that
Aug 13, 2021 12:26 AM

Oct 2020
soccer6131 said:
I wasn't happy with Shinji ending up with Mari and Asuka ending up with Kensuke but hey i think thats why Asuka and Shinji end up together in the original series. I mean in the manga its pretty hinted at so i like to believe that

At this point I think Anno does it deliberately to troll the fans.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Evangelion: 3.0+1.0 Thrice Upon a Time Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

S0UVIK - Aug 12, 2021

327 by soasss »»
Apr 19, 10:55 PM

Poll: » time loop or multiverse?

deg - Mar 19

11 by Bkm1995 »»
Mar 20, 9:16 PM

» Shinji's Jersey from EVA STORE

hohofish - Apr 15, 2021

1 by 1016jersey »»
Mar 15, 12:03 PM

» Shin Evangelion Movie: II???? Why change the title now?

Cestlavie_ - Nov 25, 2023

10 by Lucifrost »»
Feb 6, 8:40 AM

» Employee recruitment for the production of 3.0+1.0.

zacky1312 - May 23, 2018

2 by simeji8043 »»
Jan 22, 1:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.