Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Post New Reply
#1
Mar 7, 9:56 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2021
Posts: 120
Are there actually sick fucks out there who enjoy ero guro. I can handle disturbing shit. But still ero guro is the only thing that fucks with my head weeks after reading or watching one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
#2
Mar 7, 10:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 14056
probably yes because there is a lot of ero guro material out there, someone definitely consumes it
"Even if there's a wide world and stories
beyond the main focus, I don't think it's
necessary to end with the protagonist having
been involved in everything." - Yagi Norihiro


Houseki no Kuni Club

My random anime ramblings blog on MAL
 
#3
Mar 7, 10:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 163
I think it's always been pretty interesting to see that sort of stuff- it's definitely a change of pace and well as I said, interesting. It's also a pretty fun way to get reactions out of my friends when I show them it.

Actually just finished reading one! (this) due to someone saying that I'd enjoy the authors work ^^;
 
 
#4
Mar 7, 10:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 1444
Oh no I should not have googled that.
Life is a despicable endurance race
 
#5
Mar 7, 10:20 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 2111
Yes. Not my favorite but I don't mind it. It may be kinda nice, in both erotic and aesthetic aspects.
I actually enjoyed Mai-chan no Nichijou.
I usually don't search for this genre, but when it accidentally finds me I accept it.

Sick fuck, you say?

Modified by Nemo_Niemand, Mar 7, 10:28 AM

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

 
#6
Mar 7, 10:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 25808
The ones I've read were pretty fascinating.
One Piece episode 914 & 915 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation

Go vote here if you're a One Piece enjoyer.

 
 
#7
Mar 7, 10:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 806
Of course. Seeking pleasure and avoiding pain and terror are the most basic drives guiding the actions of human beings in one form or another. Eroguro is about engaging with these drives and exploring the territory of what is actually taboo, the things we actually fear and desire that we cannot accept.

Redo of Healer is a show that is ranted about frequently here these days, and I feel like the detractors and defenders don't understand each other whatsoever. The problem with a show like this is that it's not actually doing something taboo. What's "offensive" about the show if you want to use that word is that its depiction of rape is not shocking. Eroticizing rape, exploiting rape for sensational storytelling, exploiting or blaming rape survivors, it's all a refusal to confront the true horror of rape. This willful ignorance and eroticization of rape is precisely what permits it to continue to be prevalent, for rapists to continue to get off the hook, for survivors to continue to blame themselves and hide rather than persecute their assailants. It's not being criticized from the puritanical standpoint that is often suggested, because no one actually thinks of sexual content the way the puritans did anymore.

Culturally, we do not act toward rape the way we say we think about it. We say it's heinous, but we do not treat it that way in practice (evinced by the aforementioned problems surrounding our treatment of rape survivors and assailants). Most people who are bothered by Redo of Healer aren't bothered because they can't handle seeing rape, they're bothered because rape is depicted as something trivial. You might say "well, it's fiction, so it's ok," but again, rape is trivialized in reality as well. This is our cultural attitude toward rape, borne out in a fictional setting. Our culture is produced and reproduced in large part by the images fed to us by popular entertainment, advertisements, and so on. It doesn't arise out of thin air. Anime is more commodity than art; it's never a single person's genuine expression or vision and it's never made without profit in mind. Popular entertainment reveals what we think is normal and acceptable, because it wants to appeal to people and make money. It's not going to try to alienate viewers the way art is free to.

Eroguro is about attempting to look at the human subconscious as it really is, interrogating the boundary of what we ACTUALLY believe is acceptable, to show the things we desire that we cannot allow ourselves to seek after; to show what we fear that we don't want to acknowledge. In other words, we are not ACTUALLY shocked by rape, because we have created a fantasy version of it that isn't unbearable to look at for popular consumption; but we are ACTUALLY shocked by the idea of someone lustfully shoving their tongue in a vacant eye socket, or (as from the Story of the Eye) a girl biting into a raw bull testicle and then shoving it up her vagina. At least, that's what Eroguro supposed to do. It's supposed to be interrogative and transgressive, but it can and is still coopted by popular entertainment. That is only natural since its been a century since it first appeared and its popular viability has been proven.
Modified by ohohohohohoho, Mar 7, 10:32 AM
 
#8
Mar 7, 10:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 2364
Only really vanilla guro for me.. I mean, like self-cutting, for example.. Or like bruises from strangles.. Or some stab, when it's not too graphic, but more for the feels effect.. But it's more exceptions usually.. Usually guro is just bleh.. But yeah, there are some exceptions.. These exceptions, when guro isn't really the center.. More when drama is center, or ryona, again for the drama..
 
#9
Mar 7, 10:37 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2021
Posts: 120
Nemo_Niemand said:
Yes. Not my favorite but I don't mind it. It may be kinda nice, in both erotic and aesthetic aspects.
I actually enjoyed Mai-chan no Nichijou.
I usually don't search for this genre, but when it accidentally finds me I accept it.

Sick fuck, you say?



Enjoyed Mai Chan? Didnt think that was physically possible.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Mar 7, 10:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 1852
There is a level of Guro I can enjoy in hentai but the line between passable and disgusting is pretty thin.
 
Mar 7, 10:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 3582
i think it's alright to a certain extent but think it's better to keep it little
i guess cyborgs like myself have a tendency to be paranoid about our origins
 
Mar 7, 10:58 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 2111
Titan420 said:
Nemo_Niemand said:
Yes. Not my favorite but I don't mind it. It may be kinda nice, in both erotic and aesthetic aspects.
I actually enjoyed Mai-chan no Nichijou.
I usually don't search for this genre, but when it accidentally finds me I accept it.

Sick fuck, you say?



Enjoyed Mai Chan? Didnt think that was physically possible.

Yeah, why not?
I still hope to find a really sick thing which will make me feel the real disgust. Sadly, I'm okay with literally anything lol.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

 
Mar 7, 11:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 743
I do know one dude who does but he loves cursed shit in general.
This shitty post was brought to you by me Corey a fucking idiot who does anime shit online and wastes her fucking life.
 
Mar 7, 11:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 133
Its really not that deep. Its just edgy, so people think its cool. When I'm in that edgy mood it can be interesting. I just think of it as something that's there, and when I see it I'm just like "that's metal as fuck", and move on. I don't mind it existing. There are actually some interesting ero-guros out there but you have to look hard for them, and I don't recommend doing that, because there are way more bad ero-guros.
Modified by LordOfPigs, Mar 7, 11:23 AM
 
 
Mar 7, 11:22 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2021
Posts: 120
LordOfPigs said:
Its really not that deep. Its just edgy, so people think its cool. When I'm in that edgy mood it can be interesting. I just think of it as something that's there, and when I see it I'm just like "that's metal as fuck", and move on. I don't mind it existing.


I never said im offended by people who read/watch it. I just said do people actually enjoy reading that type of stuf. ''Its really not that deep'' never said it was never will. I also dont mind it existing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Mar 7, 11:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2020
Posts: 1139
nah i dont think i dont think anybody uses that as material for fap they only see it because they are curious i do (search 228922 doujin) its disgusting and disgusting shit but we just want to see how awful and over the top it is.













https://myanimelist.net/anime/2981/Chika_Gentou_Gekiga__Shoujo_Tsubaki
a wise user of MAL said:
Just to clarify, adaptations should absolutely stand on their own
 
Mar 7, 11:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2021
Posts: 1068
Leoradiuju2004 said:
nah i dont think i dont think anybody uses that as material for fap they only see it because they are curious i do (search 228922 doujin) its disgusting and disgusting shit but we just want to see how awful and over the top it is.













https://myanimelist.net/anime/2981/Chika_Gentou_Gekiga__Shoujo_Tsubaki

oh i remember that. it was pretty bad, but not the worst thing i've seen.
i think i'd get the fbi on my case if i posted the worst thing i've seen.
"不幸だ!" - Kamijou Touma
Check out my anime list by clicking here (it's public now).

 
Mar 7, 11:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2021
Posts: 1068
ohohohohohoho said:
Of course. Seeking pleasure and avoiding pain and terror are the most basic drives guiding the actions of human beings in one form or another. Eroguro is about engaging with these drives and exploring the territory of what is actually taboo, the things we actually fear and desire that we cannot accept.

Redo of Healer is a show that is ranted about frequently here these days, and I feel like the detractors and defenders don't understand each other whatsoever. The problem with a show like this is that it's not actually doing something taboo. What's "offensive" about the show if you want to use that word is that its depiction of rape is not shocking. Eroticizing rape, exploiting rape for sensational storytelling, exploiting or blaming rape survivors, it's all a refusal to confront the true horror of rape. This willful ignorance and eroticization of rape is precisely what permits it to continue to be prevalent, for rapists to continue to get off the hook, for survivors to continue to blame themselves and hide rather than persecute their assailants. It's not being criticized from the puritanical standpoint that is often suggested, because no one actually thinks of sexual content the way the puritans did anymore.

Culturally, we do not act toward rape the way we say we think about it. We say it's heinous, but we do not treat it that way in practice (evinced by the aforementioned problems surrounding our treatment of rape survivors and assailants). Most people who are bothered by Redo of Healer aren't bothered because they can't handle seeing rape, they're bothered because rape is depicted as something trivial. You might say "well, it's fiction, so it's ok," but again, rape is trivialized in reality as well. This is our cultural attitude toward rape, borne out in a fictional setting. Our culture is produced and reproduced in large part by the images fed to us by popular entertainment, advertisements, and so on. It doesn't arise out of thin air. Anime is more commodity than art; it's never a single person's genuine expression or vision and it's never made without profit in mind. Popular entertainment reveals what we think is normal and acceptable, because it wants to appeal to people and make money. It's not going to try to alienate viewers the way art is free to.

Eroguro is about attempting to look at the human subconscious as it really is, interrogating the boundary of what we ACTUALLY believe is acceptable, to show the things we desire that we cannot allow ourselves to seek after; to show what we fear that we don't want to acknowledge. In other words, we are not ACTUALLY shocked by rape, because we have created a fantasy version of it that isn't unbearable to look at for popular consumption; but we are ACTUALLY shocked by the idea of someone lustfully shoving their tongue in a vacant eye socket, or (as from the Story of the Eye) a girl biting into a raw bull testicle and then shoving it up her vagina. At least, that's what Eroguro supposed to do. It's supposed to be interrogative and transgressive, but it can and is still coopted by popular entertainment. That is only natural since its been a century since it first appeared and its popular viability has been proven.

redo of healer isn't even that good of a revenge fantasy, i found 'Fukushuu wo Koinegau Saikyou Yuusha wa, Yami no Chikara de Senmetsu Musou suru' better in terms of how the MC got revenge.
"不幸だ!" - Kamijou Touma
Check out my anime list by clicking here (it's public now).

 
 
Mar 7, 12:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 2450
When you wanted to have a good time but ended up with a headache and so turned off that you didn't want to do anything sexual for the entire day... yeah, that's how I learned the existence of ero guro

Maybe it's just my bad luck but the ones I found tagged with "guro" are always people having their limbs chopped off and intestines pulled out.. ugh


.
Current: Wannabe Challenge VN
 
Mar 7, 12:07 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2021
Posts: 120
Yumerei said:
When you wanted to have a good time but ended up with a headache and so turned off that you didn't want to do anything sexual for the entire day... yeah, that's how I learned the existence of ero guro

Maybe it's just my bad luck but the ones I found tagged with "guro" are always people having their limbs chopped off and intestines pulled out.. ugh


Ya well said. That shit has never turned me on and never will.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Mar 7, 12:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 806
Titan420 said:
Yumerei said:
When you wanted to have a good time but ended up with a headache and so turned off that you didn't want to do anything sexual for the entire day... yeah, that's how I learned the existence of ero guro

Maybe it's just my bad luck but the ones I found tagged with "guro" are always people having their limbs chopped off and intestines pulled out.. ugh


Ya well said. That shit has never turned me on and never will.


I don't think you're meant to be turned on by shojo tsubaki or emi-chan or manga of that sort. eroguro is not necessarily pornography. i like eroguro manga but i dont search for guro on gelbooru or nhentai or whatever when im looking to jerk off, personally...
 
Mar 7, 12:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 3579
I don't think I've seen a proper ero guro yet lol
 
 
Mar 7, 12:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2019
Posts: 4459
honesty I’ve seen more fucked up shit on hentai sites, seeing a pregnant furry really takes a toll on your mental health man
 
Mar 7, 12:50 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2021
Posts: 120
ohohohohohoho said:
Of course. Seeking pleasure and avoiding pain and terror are the most basic drives guiding the actions of human beings in one form or another. Eroguro is about engaging with these drives and exploring the territory of what is actually taboo, the things we actually fear and desire that we cannot accept.

Redo of Healer is a show that is ranted about frequently here these days, and I feel like the detractors and defenders don't understand each other whatsoever. The problem with a show like this is that it's not actually doing something taboo. What's "offensive" about the show if you want to use that word is that its depiction of rape is not shocking. Eroticizing rape, exploiting rape for sensational storytelling, exploiting or blaming rape survivors, it's all a refusal to confront the true horror of rape. This willful ignorance and eroticization of rape is precisely what permits it to continue to be prevalent, for rapists to continue to get off the hook, for survivors to continue to blame themselves and hide rather than persecute their assailants. It's not being criticized from the puritanical standpoint that is often suggested, because no one actually thinks of sexual content the way the puritans did anymore.

Culturally, we do not act toward rape the way we say we think about it. We say it's heinous, but we do not treat it that way in practice (evinced by the aforementioned problems surrounding our treatment of rape survivors and assailants). Most people who are bothered by Redo of Healer aren't bothered because they can't handle seeing rape, they're bothered because rape is depicted as something trivial. You might say "well, it's fiction, so it's ok," but again, rape is trivialized in reality as well. This is our cultural attitude toward rape, borne out in a fictional setting. Our culture is produced and reproduced in large part by the images fed to us by popular entertainment, advertisements, and so on. It doesn't arise out of thin air. Anime is more commodity than art; it's never a single person's genuine expression or vision and it's never made without profit in mind. Popular entertainment reveals what we think is normal and acceptable, because it wants to appeal to people and make money. It's not going to try to alienate viewers the way art is free to.

Eroguro is about attempting to look at the human subconscious as it really is, interrogating the boundary of what we ACTUALLY believe is acceptable, to show the things we desire that we cannot allow ourselves to seek after; to show what we fear that we don't want to acknowledge. In other words, we are not ACTUALLY shocked by rape, because we have created a fantasy version of it that isn't unbearable to look at for popular consumption; but we are ACTUALLY shocked by the idea of someone lustfully shoving their tongue in a vacant eye socket, or (as from the Story of the Eye) a girl biting into a raw bull testicle and then shoving it up her vagina. At least, that's what Eroguro supposed to do. It's supposed to be interrogative and transgressive, but it can and is still coopted by popular entertainment. That is only natural since its been a century since it first appeared and its popular viability has been proven.


Actually I enjoyed Shojo Tsubaki. But there are people who jack off to ero guro. Its categorized by both erotic and grotesque. Some people have types of fetishes with gore and sexual acts.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Mar 7, 12:54 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 0
There are a lot of people who enjoy gore in general and this one is just stepping over a thin line for them.

I don't see the appeal either but I'm sure there is one if such content is in demand and exists. I don't care enough to find out about it however.
 
Mar 7, 12:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 5167
I avoid doujins when I see that tag. Same for vore.
 
Mar 7, 1:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 308
It depends on the case, since not everyone sees ero-guro because they happily "enjoy" it as if it were moe. Ero-guro has its peculiarity and, as sick as it may be seen, only a postmodern genre like ero-guro achieves things that other genres do not. It depends on you if in the end you feel good with an ero-guro, but if it causes you a pleasant morbid it means that its objectives work on you.

Likewise, as I say, there are those who enjoy ero-guro as psychopaths and those who consume it even knowing that they could end up vomiting. I don't dare to read ero-guro just out of curiosity, I've read some that make me feel overshadowed. I even think that gore can be a good suspense element if the person who consumes it is aware of using it beforehand.
 
Mar 7, 1:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 308
Of course. Seeking pleasure and avoiding pain and terror are the most basic drives guiding the actions of human beings in one form or another. Eroguro is about engaging with these drives and exploring the territory of what is actually taboo, the things we actually fear and desire that we cannot accept.

Redo of Healer is a show that is ranted about frequently here these days, and I feel like the detractors and defenders don't understand each other whatsoever. The problem with a show like this is that it's not actually doing something taboo. What's "offensive" about the show if you want to use that word is that its depiction of rape is not shocking. Eroticizing rape, exploiting rape for sensational storytelling, exploiting or blaming rape survivors, it's all a refusal to confront the true horror of rape. This willful ignorance and eroticization of rape is precisely what permits it to continue to be prevalent, for rapists to continue to get off the hook, for survivors to continue to blame themselves and hide rather than persecute their assailants. It's not being criticized from the puritanical standpoint that is often suggested, because no one actually thinks of sexual content the way the puritans did anymore.

Culturally, we do not act toward rape the way we say we think about it. We say it's heinous, but we do not treat it that way in practice (evinced by the aforementioned problems surrounding our treatment of rape survivors and assailants). Most people who are bothered by Redo of Healer aren't bothered because they can't handle seeing rape, they're bothered because rape is depicted as something trivial. You might say "well, it's fiction, so it's ok," but again, rape is trivialized in reality as well. This is our cultural attitude toward rape, borne out in a fictional setting. Our culture is produced and reproduced in large part by the images fed to us by popular entertainment, advertisements, and so on. It doesn't arise out of thin air. Anime is more commodity than art; it's never a single person's genuine expression or vision and it's never made without profit in mind. Popular entertainment reveals what we think is normal and acceptable, because it wants to appeal to people and make money. It's not going to try to alienate viewers the way art is free to.

Eroguro is about attempting to look at the human subconscious as it really is, interrogating the boundary of what we ACTUALLY believe is acceptable, to show the things we desire that we cannot allow ourselves to seek after; to show what we fear that we don't want to acknowledge. In other words, we are not ACTUALLY shocked by rape, because we have created a fantasy version of it that isn't unbearable to look at for popular consumption; but we are ACTUALLY shocked by the idea of someone lustfully shoving their tongue in a vacant eye socket, or (as from the Story of the Eye) a girl biting into a raw bull testicle and then shoving it up her vagina. At least, that's what Eroguro supposed to do. It's supposed to be interrogative and transgressive, but it can and is still coopted by popular entertainment. That is only natural since its been a century since it first appeared and its popular viability has been proven.


Exactly. I congratulate you for reaching that conclusion, I was already afraid to think that I am the only person who can enjoy Ero-guro but not Redo of Healer.

Some time ago I had explained the same thing in another forum, ero-guro investigates the human being and the taboo in a more free way. Seriously, it's a bit frustrating that people think it's about seeing gore as a simple painting with lots of blood and mutilation.
 
Mar 7, 1:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 308
Titan420 said:


Enjoyed Mai Chan? Didnt think that was physically possible.

Yeah, why not?
I still hope to find a really sick thing which will make me feel the real disgust. Sadly, I'm okay with literally anything lol.


If you read Mai-chan and you read ero-guro because you feel unpleasant, what you have left is to read Death Face, there is no person who has read it and has not felt a sensation of nausea.
 
 
Mar 7, 1:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 2111
No, it's not for me.

If I see it while reading stuff on the Internet i close it down, can't stand it.
It's on the same level of disgusting as scat.
 
Mar 7, 2:00 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2021
Posts: 3
After being turned off by some other form off hentai(usually rape stuff), I can only get off to the like of guro and vore which often depicts activities of non sexual nature, ero guro can have sense of cleanness after feeling dirty from other type of porn.
 
Mar 7, 5:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 26442
Yes. There are many people out there in this world that like anything
I love One Piece and Gintama
 
 
Mar 7, 5:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 3429
a lot

my favorite is shoujo tsubaki i bet some of the ppl here like it too
 
Mar 7, 5:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 17132
Well, not everyone has normal taste of anime you know :)
 
Mar 7, 5:48 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2021
Posts: 120
MAYOIII said:
a lot

my favorite is shoujo tsubaki i bet some of the ppl here like it too


Ya I actually enjoyed Shoujo Tsubaki. Its prob the most tolerable one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Mar 7, 5:57 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 1748
Femuwu said:
I think it's always been pretty interesting to see that sort of stuff- it's definitely a change of pace and well as I said, interesting. It's also a pretty fun way to get reactions out of my friends when I show them it.

Actually just finished reading one! (this) due to someone saying that I'd enjoy the authors work ^^;


Thoughts- ? Would you recommend it?



If anyone does not love the Lord
Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
 
Mar 8, 1:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 163
Johan said:
Femuwu said:
I think it's always been pretty interesting to see that sort of stuff- it's definitely a change of pace and well as I said, interesting. It's also a pretty fun way to get reactions out of my friends when I show them it.

Actually just finished reading one! (this) due to someone saying that I'd enjoy the authors work ^^;


Thoughts- ? Would you recommend it?


I mean, it was interesting to see to say the least. All the chapters were basically different short stories of about 10 to 11 pages long. There wasn't an actual story-line behind it though so all you need is about 5 minutes to finish the entire thing. In terms of how disturbing this one was.. it wasn't bad at all lmao.

Recommend? Sure, but don't expect an actual story that you'll have to follow.
 
 
Mar 8, 1:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 2016
Haven't met any of these cultured people yet but they definitely have to be out there.

Edit: Oh wait I remember this guy who wouldn't stop talking about Mai Chan's daily life though I'm not sure if he was trolling or not.
 
Mar 8, 1:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 1021
Titan420 said:
Are there actually sick fucks out there who enjoy ero guro.


Well that's me alright.
Well actually not really "enjoy" it or getting turned on but I have no problem reading/watching it. Doesn't really affect me at all.
 
Mar 8, 1:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 1364
I appreciate it. I've seen so much shit out there that shits like Erogros doesn't faze me at all.

In fact, real stories like Junko Furuta invoke more emotion for me than eroguro doujins.


I wasted all my time in rewatching to the point of my rewatch total is higher than my overall anime total lmao
 
Mar 8, 1:46 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 0
I used to like it a lot when I was younger, especially just the art in general. Depression and all that.
There used to be a site for stuff like that..? Just messed up stuff in general. Like snuff films, etc.
I remember seeing this cutter that was real.. umm serious about it? I guess? She'd have multiple wounds that would go down to the bone, like you could see it...it looked real, but I guess it could have been faked? Idk it was a long time ago, early 2000. I assumed it was real, like most of the real stuff I saw from the site. The one guy one jar was from that site. That one is old AF. Older than 2 girls 1 cup. At least, I remember seeing it before hearing about 2 girls 1 cup, which I still haven't seen to this day. lol. I got over that stuff long time ago.
 
Mar 8, 2:03 AM

Online
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 3006
Titan420 said:
Are there actually sick fucks out there who enjoy ero guro. I can handle disturbing shit. But still ero guro is the only thing that fucks with my head weeks after reading or watching one.
I'm pretty confused about your usage of the term "ero guro", as it doesn't match the common definition. Ero Guro is an art movement as old as the 1920s. The word derives from "ero(ticism)" and "gro(tesque)" and not from "gore". It pretty much means that the content is some form of kinky, grotesque and sexualized. A well known example of ero guro is tentacle rape, found in countless anime if only as parody often. Ero Guro doesn't mean that mutilation, gore or snuff have to be story elements. Which seem to be the sole elements discussed in this thread.

tl;dr Most Japanese snuff is also Ero Guro, but by far not all Ero Guro is snuff. It's a more general term.

The second point is that while this is a thread in "Anime Discussion", people mainly cite manga as examples. The only anime cited is Shoujo Tsubaki, which is a single person's passion project and can hardly be generalized.

Here are the defintions from anidb and Wikipedia, respectively.
Ero guro or just guro, from the English "ero(ticism)" and "gro(tesque)", is a literary and artistic movement with a focus on eroticism, sexual corruption, and decadence that originated circa 1930 in Japan. While the name speaks of erotic and grotesque, that comes through the display of the malformed, the unnatural, and the horrific, and not necessarily through the pornographic, the bloody, or the gratuitous violence. While Western audiences often incorrectly use the term guro to mean gore, the two concepts are unrelated and should not be confused.
Ero guro (エログロ) is an artistic genre that puts its focus on eroticism, sexual corruption, and decadence. As a term, it is used to denote something that is both erotic and grotesque.
There are a several ero guro anime shows and movies I actually did enjoy. Many of them are trash connoisseur material, but e.g. Requiem from Darkness, Midori, and Wicked City are genuinely good stories. Here are a few non-hentai recommendations of actual Ero Guro anime, in order of my enjoyment. None of them is of the snuff and mutilation type you incorrectly equate with ero guro.
Modified by inim, Mar 8, 2:24 AM

 
 
Mar 8, 2:28 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2021
Posts: 7
inim said:
Titan420 said:
Are there actually sick fucks out there who enjoy ero guro. I can handle disturbing shit. But still ero guro is the only thing that fucks with my head weeks after reading or watching one.
I'm pretty confused about your usage of the term "ero guro", as it doesn't match the common definition. Ero Guro is an art movement as old as the 1920s. The word derives from "ero(ticism)" and "gro(tesque)" and not from "gore". It pretty much means that the content is some form of kinky, grotesque and sexualized. A well known example of ero guro is tentacle rape, found in countless anime if only as parody often. Ero Guro doesn't mean that mutilation, gore or snuff have to be story elements. Which seem to be the sole elements discussed in this thread.

tl;dr Most Japanese snuff is also Ero Guro, but by far not all Ero Guro is snuff. It's a more general term.

The second point is that while this is a thread in "Anime Discussion", people mainly cite manga as examples. The only anime cited is Shoujo Tsubaki, which is a single person's passion project and can hardly be generalized.

Here are the defintions from anidb and Wikipedia, respectively.
Ero guro or just guro, from the English "ero(ticism)" and "gro(tesque)", is a literary and artistic movement with a focus on eroticism, sexual corruption, and decadence that originated circa 1930 in Japan. While the name speaks of erotic and grotesque, that comes through the display of the malformed, the unnatural, and the horrific, and not necessarily through the pornographic, the bloody, or the gratuitous violence. While Western audiences often incorrectly use the term guro to mean gore, the two concepts are unrelated and should not be confused.
Ero guro (エログロ) is an artistic genre that puts its focus on eroticism, sexual corruption, and decadence. As a term, it is used to denote something that is both erotic and grotesque.
There are a several ero guro anime shows and movies I actually did enjoy. Many of them are trash connoisseur material, but e.g. Requiem from Darkness, Midori, and Wicked City are genuinely good stories. Here are a few non-hentai recommendations of actual Ero Guro anime, in order of my enjoyment. None of them is of the snuff and mutilation type you incorrectly equate with ero guro.


Great suggestions and information here.
In terms of manga, I really enjoy Shintaro Kago's work too, his manga is amazing, I've been a fan of his stuff for a few years now. He's been getting more recognition in mainstream places now too like Vice and having his art in galleries.
 
Mar 8, 2:31 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2020
Posts: 3695
Yea definitely, those people might be pretty depressed tho
 
Mar 12, 12:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 12729
depends on the art, but ero guro can be pretty hot.
 
Mar 12, 12:56 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 544
I'm a fan of ero-guro, and yup, I wanna throw up after every ero-guro novel I've read (all hail Edogawa Ranpo πŸ™), and I hate every part of it, but at the same time it brings so many emotions and I'm so immersed in that ugliness and disgust. So like, I hate it, but I hate it so much that I love how emotional I get at these
 
Mar 12, 6:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2021
Posts: 102
man i only read ero guro sometimes cause it’s so bizarre that i just HAVE to look at it. my curiosity just gets the better of me sometimes
it’s like a car crash: it’s gruesome but you can’t help but stare
(omg that was a horrible comparison.. anyways)

but fr if u actually get turned on by someone sticking their dick in another person’s organs pls seek help :/
 
Mar 12, 10:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2020
Posts: 22
This thread is literally the first time I've heard about ero-guro being something that people like get off to. I must be dumb as rocks because I always assumed the appeal from the genre came from how it's horror-adjacent, aka a feeling of catharsis from seeing something horrific/grotesque. It just never occurred to me that people were turned on by it, although I guess I shouldn't be surprised, the internet's a big place. I love Shintaro Kago's work but now I better watch myself before I start spouting that I like ero-guro lmaoo

I didn't know there was ero-guro hentai either so that's probably why I never connected the dots. Much to think about.
 
Mar 12, 10:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 706
People are different and they can enjoy something u don't
 
 
Mar 13, 12:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2019
Posts: 475
If there's art, there's an audience my friend. Human diversity is truly wonderful.

Sometimes I read Ero Guro just for the weirdness of it, and maybe I could fap to it if I really tried but I doubt it.
 
Pages (2) [1] 2 »