Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 8, 2021 2:36 AM
Feb 2018
YuChunHsieh said:
ac_eren said:
Is this original anime episode? I can't remember this scene.. did they skip Kon x Kabane date for this?? >,< I like Aya but not for Kabane!!! they skip the most important episode for Kon x Kabane shippers T-----T
This episode is from the manga, in chapter 15.

Kon and Kabana's date is confirmed to be blu-ray exclusive.

Huh? I don't remember that an OVA has been announced... did i miss something?
Mar 8, 2021 4:57 AM
Dec 2020
enJ0Yable said:
YuChunHsieh said:

To be fair, I'm not 100% sure either... It was on the official Japanese Twitter, and the translation, which as you know isn't all that good, said something like original episode on disc. I've been hearing people say that this is confirmation that part will be on the blu-ray.
Mar 8, 2021 7:12 AM

Jun 2016
relationship between kabane and kon very interesting and so sweet !!

Mar 8, 2021 8:18 AM

Jun 2020
Another great episode, loved it! OST & overall mood is always so relaxing to watch. Hidden gem of the season.

Shiki’s reactions were so funny. Loved that scene with Shiki’s mum & Inugami, that was nicely done. And Kon & Kabane’s relationship is so innocent, they are so cute♡

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Mar 8, 2021 12:36 PM
Jul 2018
What good shiki is fine, Kon jealous of Aya along with kabane good to know that Kon likes kabane.
Mar 8, 2021 1:10 PM

Nov 2012
Yes! I was worried about the "if they cut off this or that" but they did a great job, the offering was a nice original detail, of course Aya had a weird change, I would like a more reserved style

My Candies:

Mar 8, 2021 6:26 PM

Jul 2019
This episode was such a mixed bag. The first half was decent. The second half consisted of surface-level writing comedy/romance? It was cringe to watch.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Mar 8, 2021 7:11 PM
Jan 2020
Now this episode was funny. Kabane has become the centre of attraction. Aya and Kon, both like him but the fun fact is the Kabane has no understanding has all this for obvious reasons. Its funny to see the two girls fight for Kabane. Interesting to see that Aya being only 8 years old is quite mature and knows how to handle a business on her own.
Mar 8, 2021 7:19 PM
Oct 2019
I'm glad other people are being made uncomfortable by Aya. She is literally EIGHT years old and dressing in a crop top and daisy dukes? I get that Japan is a bit more lax with lolicon stuff but this is just... Very weird. Also why is she more knowledgeable about any of this stuff than Kabane and Kon? I assumed Kabane was a bit naive because he wasn't really allowed friends growing up, but he still talked to his family and "friends", as well as customers assumedly. Aya grew up in a literal basement and hasn't interacted with ANYONE eVER other than her dad and some books. Kon as well grew up in Tokyo (I assume), and yet doesn't know anything about anything. Aya has just made the rest of the show a bit weird.

Also why is she even allowed to work? Again, eight year-old.
Mar 8, 2021 8:54 PM
Mar 2016
Very uncomfortable with Aya as an 8 year old coming in to the office as she did, really didn't make sense to me seeing her as we did before this moment as innocent and earnest.
She went from second guessing if she should be allowed to care about her own mother... to... whatever that just was? I didn't believe my eyes.

The wholesome relationship between Kon and Kabane is now a very uncomfortable and not so wholesome triangle.
Episode was great until this moment onwards, and the Kon/Kabane moments were still heartwarming (without Aya).
Hope they change Aya back in the next episode/s
Mar 8, 2021 8:58 PM
Dec 2020
Great wrap up for shiki his arc all got a happy ending. Only 3 episodes left.
Mar 9, 2021 7:06 AM
Dec 2020
enJ0Yable said:
YuChunHsieh said:

Okay, here's the link:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Kemonojihen_tv/status/1367309435387879430

I think it's actually a drama CD.
Mar 9, 2021 12:47 PM

Mar 2017
Ah man, Kabane and Kon are too adorable to handle but they are so hopeless. They're both so clueless about emotions and expressing themselves but I guess that means they're learning together which will probably bring them closer.

Aya had some major personality 180 this ep... and I'm not sure I like it tbh. She had the potential to be a deep character after all she'd been through but within this one episode she's become a flat character archetype. Hopefully future episodes will show that there's more to her.
Mar 9, 2021 5:34 PM

Nov 2013
sapphicfrog said:
Rei_Libris said:
Don't know if I'm more annoyed by the over-sexualisation of an eight year old girl or the fact that everyone here seems to find it fun and love her the look.

THANK YOU i was thinking the exact same thing. i felt super uncomfortable seeing an 8-year-old acting and dressing like that and the personality switch was way too sudden, she's a literal child?? i don't get it

she is also a kid who got hurt and forced to work since she was 3 years old (even earlier, she said with 3 she finally controlled her power),she also knew how to annoy the uncle till he gave her tons of books and dresses, so... did you expect her to be as fragile/ignorant as someone who grew up with a normal family? lol her personality switch just came from her finally having freedom to do whatever she wants, instead of being closed in a room with nothing but books and the "half-dead" mother while being forced to do stuff she doesn't want
winddevil1Mar 9, 2021 5:37 PM
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Mar 9, 2021 9:50 PM
Mar 2021
best episode so far it has feels, comedy and lessons. i ship aya and kabane so bad they look very good together. hope my ship will sail lol
Mar 10, 2021 8:50 AM
May 2019
SO CUTEEEEEEEEEEE
I can't take ir, from now on Kabane and Kon are officially a couple to me.

This episode was great. We could see Aya's past and an emotional meeting to Shiki and his mother. It had comedy, drama and romance <3.

At the end, the anime gave to us a true mother love, Shiki's mom grieving for her other, killed, childs.
Mar 10, 2021 5:17 PM
Mar 2018
Bro Kabane has to have Aspergers or something because he doesn't have any social queues whatsoever
Mar 10, 2021 7:53 PM

Dec 2018
bruh why is the 8 year old wearing a croptop. this doesn't even have the excuse of ''aCtUalLy, sHe's aN 10000 yEAr oLd dEmoN.''
for the love of god just use adults more in anime.
meatmuffins66Mar 17, 2021 10:16 PM
Mar 10, 2021 10:21 PM
Mar 2015
Got to love Kobane 's solution to his girl problem
Mar 11, 2021 3:59 AM
Mar 2012
Aya surprising change.
That love triangle, hilarious stuff how Aya super precocious, while both Kon & Kabane doubly dense but has this adorable vibe together.
Mar 11, 2021 7:02 AM

Dec 2016
Aya just turned into a kid I absolutely hate...sad.

That Kabane and Kon moment, when both of them are dense XD

Shiki acting so much like a brother is a fun sight XD

If I was in Shiki's place I would have this uncontrollable urge to slap my lil' sister....

That ending tho...our innocent Kabane and poor Inugami XD
Mar 11, 2021 12:13 PM
Jul 2015
Rei_Libris said:
Don't know if I'm more annoyed by the over-sexualisation of an eight year old girl or the fact that everyone here seems to find it fun and love her the look.
This episode honestly ruined the whole thing for me. Why the hell is everyone okay with this 8 year old girl being sexualised. Like it's downright creepy and the fact that they're now trying to shove the romance down our throats between these little kids. Fucking gross. I need them to go back to the action and drama and stop with this shit.
Mar 13, 2021 2:32 PM

Nov 2013
Imouto is repulsive... should've stayed shy-type. 8yo dressing and acting all grown-up... yuck...
Mar 14, 2021 6:32 AM
May 2020
kabane is gradually getting that harem. and at such a young age. He's a natural gyalist
Mar 15, 2021 7:13 AM
Oct 2020
Anyone else not fond of Aya's massive personality change? Yeah cause I am. Dunno, the change just doesn't make sense to me. I liked her before, but I kinda hate the development that they did on her.
bakedmonogatariMar 15, 2021 7:20 AM
Mar 19, 2021 10:50 PM

Mar 2009
bakedmonogatari said:
Anyone else not fond of Aya's massive personality change? Yeah cause I am. Dunno, the change just doesn't make sense to me. I liked her before, but I kinda hate the development that they did on her.

Quite a few people in this thread, yes.

Welp. I liked Aya before, as well. Seemed liked her relationship with Shiki was going to be quite wholesome. Wanted to see more of those two together. But now? I hope Aya disappears from the show lmao. What a bizarre character shift.
Mar 19, 2021 11:44 PM
Oct 2020
Mormegil said:
bakedmonogatari said:

Quite a few people in this thread, yes.

Welp. I liked Aya before, as well. Seemed liked her relationship with Shiki was going to be quite wholesome. Wanted to see more of those two together. But now? I hope Aya disappears from the show lmao. What a bizarre character shift.

Yeah, after watching episode 9 I hoped that she won't be a reoccurring character in the show.
Mar 20, 2021 10:03 PM

Jul 2014
That was quite the change for Aya lol, I love her personality and her catfights with Kon are hilarious. Kon is still best girl though, she is so adorable and her interactions with Kabane are the cutest.
Apr 4, 2021 4:52 AM

Sep 2012
Orlando_17 said:
best episode so far it has feels, comedy and lessons. i ship aya and kabane so bad they look very good together. hope my ship will sail lol

u may ship them but actual ship is Kon x kabane

Sorofia said:
SO CUTEEEEEEEEEEE

both are clueless about emotions :D
Apr 4, 2021 7:06 AM
May 2019
Sugram22 said:
Orlando_17 said:

Sorofia said:
SO CUTEEEEEEEEEEE

Unfortunately, yes :(

(This isn't a spoiler) Can't wait to see more interactions from them on season 2!
Apr 4, 2021 7:20 AM

Sep 2012
Sorofia said:
Sugram22 said:

Unfortunately, yes :(

(This isn't a spoiler) Can't wait to see more interactions from them on season 2!

lets hope they make 2nd season so meany animes don't get 2nd season :(

this 2are quite alike to in some ways
Apr 8, 2021 4:21 PM

Mar 2016
The old lady was able to heal up Kumi. It seems Shiki has no problem with Aya being around. Also, how tf did Aya get such a character change and now she is head over heels for Kabane? Kon got a rival and it seems she has come to realize this feeling as love especially after the interaction with that kemono. However, Aya is a natural at solving problems and Kabane is the most dense person alive since he thought light meant love and said he loves Inugami lol. Kumi buried her mutated off springs with Inugami. Wasn't necessary, but only a mother understands those feelings.
Apr 9, 2021 12:07 PM

Aug 2020
I'm just gonna say, Aya's switch took me by surprise, but not in a good way.

I know she's a kemono, and also deserves to finally live life, but after years of abuse and negligence her personality switch (in a week no less) seems too sudden, especially for an 8-year-old.

Even the fact that she's already thinking of working and how her outfit looks and how she speaks, it all gives off weird vibes, like the author did not want to give Aya a normal childlike experience, but instead just mature her despite her age.

Anyway, Kabane x Kon LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Jun 8, 2021 3:12 AM

Jul 2015
Heartwarming to see Shiki, Aya and Kumi smile and hug after all they went through
Kon and Kabane form quite the lovely couple since they're both naive and innocent. Too bad Kabane only loves Inugami

Jul 28, 2021 9:45 PM

Dec 2017
welp, this was an unwelcome change. I am not a shipper of anything, so these cliche love triangles just annoy me.

There are a ton of different ways they could have executed Aya's personality and clothing change than the way they did. Why not have her dress as a tomboy or something rather than very age-inappropriate wear? Plus, Kon just comes off as bratty and unlikable. Kabane barely knows about love as is, why force him to "choose"?

Out of all the animes I've seen, so far this is one of the worst to force in a love triangle, and significantly hurt my enjoyment of the series. I just hope the other 3 episodes aren't like it.
Oct 17, 2021 10:53 AM

Jun 2016
Kabane really is a ladies man. He's got two girls chasing after him, and he still hasn't figured out what love even is yet, lol. Jealous Kon is very kawaii. She needs to work on landing on her feet tho.

It's good that Shiki's mother woke up from her psychological trauma/coma and that both he and Aya have gotten the family they both wanted.

Damn, that is a very, eh, questionable outfit that Aya is wearing.

Oct 22, 2021 2:51 AM

May 2020
This kids love relationship play role remind me about the past. Well Kabane still innocent don't know anything, he love Inugami more than anything lol. Even Kon and Aya is cute, none of them can beat Akira. Aya outfit remind me about Fanny skin in game Mobile Legends lol.
Mar 23, 2022 9:24 AM

Apr 2016
Loved that Shiki's mom woke up and now they are finally reunited, I thought they were going for the "actually she's going to be in a coma as long as the author wants so come back for updates like seven arcs later" thing.

Now the actual core of the episode was the girls from the main cast, not a fan that it used "romance" as the main vehicle but it was interesting when it came to some of it developement (the kemono being a woman attacking another woman for the sake of her "love" against the Kon vs Aya thing).

Aya whole existence up to this point was having her fairytales and her mom in a coma as way to cope with the abuse she was being subjected to, she was supposed to be this "pretty, classy, little girl" but was expected to be mature enough to handle her powers, made to feel like just "a thing" through beatings and isolation so now that she's free I'm not surprised that she has sprinted to the rebellious stage of growing up despite being a 8 years old but her being 8 years old undermine the message since you have this little girl dressed-up in such inappropiate way, It makes sense what she's now so snappy and precocious and wanting to wear that stuff but it is still uncomfortable. I hope she get some developement as the story progress because she's still would need some help and maybe have a little advice about clothes. At least Shiki and Akira were shocked even though that was treated more as a joke.

On the other hand, Kon has finally found someone who can care about her and see her for more than just a tool but doesn't have the emotional intelligence to understand that, understandable that hers thoughts are all over the place and she's prone to her instict of just to attack so it was nice to see her try to explain herself and I also liked the scene when she thought she could convice the policeman and didn't work but it wasn't show as a joke on her but a display of the rejection she's suffering from Inari.

Liked Ohana and the scene of Kumi with Inugami. Kabane, Kon, Akira and Shiki were all adorable and hilarious during the whole episode.

Now Akira's backstory will get the spotlight, I'm intrigued.
Apr 25, 2022 2:30 AM
Mar 2016
Kabane and Kon’s dynamic is adorable. They’re both oblivious enough that any future romance will be slow-burn, but I’m happy to be along for the ride regardless.
Oct 21, 2022 6:17 PM

Nov 2012
I feel like it doesn't bode well the fact they made a call back to earlier in the series and I couldn't really remember what they were talking about despite not being that long that i watched it.
The series has been okay so far, but nothing spectacular or super memorable.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Nov 26, 2022 2:22 AM

Feb 2022
Man, no quicker way to make me rethink the quality of a series and it's creators sanity than to throw an outfit like that on an 8 year old character.
Mar 4, 2023 1:35 PM
Jan 2021
PLEASE GET IT OVER WITH crying emoji
May 13, 2023 7:55 AM

Dec 2022
Kabane has literally no clue about anything romance related and acts oblivious since he barely has any emotions left, while Kon is hurting emotionally because she likes him without knowing what's actually happening. Resulting in both of them having no clue what's going on. That's wholesome on another level.
Aug 13, 2023 12:32 PM

Oct 2022
Bruh Aya's personality shift really caught us all off guard.
I mean I ain't complaining, Its like having an independent sister.

Also Kon and Kabane ship is what i would call clueless love XD
Nov 6, 2023 12:58 PM
Aug 2022
Shiki arc is bad enough, we don't also need that unlikable sis recruitment and godawful love triangle.

No wonder this series got below 8.
I like Shiki but he facked the story up.
Dec 2, 2023 3:17 AM

Dec 2020
Go away vile pink creature Kon is what we need.
Dec 5, 2023 9:52 PM

Nov 2023
Damn, she was a human there for a seggs
Mar 13, 11:04 AM
Apr 2018
It was okay until they decided to dress a 8 year old like that D:
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kemono Jihen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2021

85 by Oh_MumenRider »»
Mar 9, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Kemono Jihen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ashhk - Jan 17, 2021

105 by silent_lurker »»
Dec 25, 2023 6:05 PM

Poll: » Kemono Jihen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jan 10, 2021

144 by silent_lurker »»
Dec 25, 2023 5:46 PM

Poll: » Kemono Jihen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Mar 28, 2021

109 by WELLERM »»
Dec 5, 2023 9:54 PM

Poll: » Kemono Jihen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2021

85 by WELLERM »»
Dec 5, 2023 9:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.