Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 6, 2021 9:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally, they're putting more impact into the competition than rushing them to eliminate the jobbers.

Adam and Cherry Blossom are very skilled skaters imo, both almost equal in terms of talent. I'm glad this episode pit the two against each other to see who is the better skater. Cherry Bloosom's fall looked nasty though.
Mar 6, 2021 9:45 AM
Jul 2013
Cherry and Adam had quite a similar adoration thing that Reki and Langa have ig lol Its so nasty Adam ended it the way he did with the hit, it broke my heart when it all shattered like that, damn. The Matchablossom moments in the ending credits were so good.

Joe vs Langa was predictable but to me disappointing nonetheless. I find it so cheap that the only reason the show made Reki go there was so Langa can have his supporting girl and he can be amazing yet again lol I liked Langa's skating but because he has no real adversary in this show and he has not lost a single race its just... boring? There is no challenge for him, its cool yeah but also becomes tiring and stale after a while. And obviously his board broke so now Reki can be useful again and fix it ig. really a shame, i wish i could see reki be happy and skate again but uh.

The randos were trashing Langa and Reki defended him but who was there to defend Reki when they were trashtalking HIM? :')

Edit: ok i edited this whole shit because there is no point to that rant now after knowing now what he said lmao. Thank fuck, the show is acknowledging the fact this shit doesnt change anything lmao too bad reki gave up his "S" pin tho but at least he realizes he wants something else. Good.
Mika-taichoMar 6, 2021 10:48 AM
Mar 6, 2021 11:01 AM

Jun 2019
I love it, at least Reki is supporting Ranga now. Good job Reki. That was a great race between Joe and Langa. Langa did some amazing moves there and so did Joe. I love Joe and Cherry's friendship.
What a dick move from Adam there at the end. Idk what is he thinking? I felt really bad for Cherry.
Pre_YumMar 6, 2021 11:05 AM
Mar 6, 2021 11:08 AM
Sep 2015
This episode just confirmed Cherry & Joe... they've been friend even before met ADAM, so it's not strange that they'll take their relationship to the next step! And now Cherry need someone to take care of him, Joe is the perfect man for this job.

Anyway, is the next episode a recap? A one-cour anime shouldn't have a recap, this is unforgivable!

The suspected yellow hair guy is probably hired by ADAM to hurt Tadashi, which will resulted in Tadashi giving his slot to Reki, just my wild prediction.
phantomfandomMar 6, 2021 11:18 AM
Mar 6, 2021 11:08 AM

Feb 2020
Okay so basically~

Mar 6, 2021 11:24 AM

Sep 2017
is next week a recap episode? anyway, matcha blossom REAL
Mar 6, 2021 11:24 AM
Mar 2015
As a complete rookie, I'm glad ADAM showed me a trick I can pull off! Now, how to fucking end with my board?

I liked the episode! The aftercredits scene with Joe and Cherry was really.. tender?
Mar 6, 2021 11:29 AM

Mar 2020
The music gives me chills!

Langa put his foot on the petal when he saw Reki after he lost all hope of winning against Joe. A great comeback from behind Langa!

Adam can't find the thrill of skating with anyone but Langa.

Well, let's see how the match between Shadow and Miya is going to play out.
Mar 6, 2021 11:34 AM
Jul 2018
i don't know but i have never been so suprised and angry that tears automatically came out... wtf was that last scene?? that lowkey made my heart stop for a second
fck you adam. i know he was an ass but i didn't expect him to do that to cherry... he need to go to jail at the end of this. i don't care

overall a great episode and we saw reki cheering even though at the end, he dipped. like yes reki i don't want you to just be a support but don't stop skating pls..also i love you langa but can he like lose even once?? only 3 episodes to go and we still haven't seen reki win even once..i'm really so pissed

btw next episode is gonna be what?? that preview confusing me...
removed-userMar 6, 2021 11:42 AM
Mar 6, 2021 11:38 AM

Jan 2014
#ADAM4PRISON2K21

Such a cheap shot. Getting off his skateboard to hit someone in the face doesn't make him the better skateboarder. He was only able to do it because Cherry thought they were still friends on some level.
Mar 6, 2021 11:40 AM
Dec 2020
Basically episode 9 curse doesnt exsist here but I'm very angry that Reki havent gotten any charater development yet. And I miss them skating togheter.WHY REKI YOU HAD TO DO THAT Oh yes I'm also very angry at Adam because he keeps saying that he will marry him and he is just annoying😡
Mar 6, 2021 11:42 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
Surprised that the other skaters didn't used the smack your opponent technique until now.
Mar 6, 2021 11:43 AM
Mar 6, 2021 11:50 AM

Sep 2018
No matter the Anime, Dio never plays by The Rules...
well that's just my opinion.....
Mar 6, 2021 11:51 AM
Jan 2021
Cherry with piercings omg >_<
I'm starting simping for him
Mar 6, 2021 11:56 AM

May 2020
We had a flashback of when Adam supposably was "normal" but then , he went all crazy, something is really wrong with him, Cherry was on fire, and then Adam does that at the end, Cherry is anything but boring T^T
Mar 6, 2021 12:00 PM

Feb 2021
It was so nice to finally see some footage of the old friendship of cherry, joe and adam. Really liked the episode!
Mar 6, 2021 12:05 PM
Apr 2018
So Im having a lot of mixed feelings, I really wanted Langa and Reki to Made up, but Ill guess I have to wait for that. I liked the backstory and Adam seemed like a good person Back then, but now I really dont like him. Also wth was that ending of his beef with Cherry?? Like I dont think thats fair or allowed. I am really excited to ses how will the tournament end and Who will win. Also just a sudé question, do you think this anime will get a second season? I really Hope so. Peace out <3
Mar 6, 2021 12:06 PM

Jun 2019
It was fine for a little bit, but Reki needs to stop being so overdramatic and feeling sorry for himself. We get it, Langa is better than you. Either get to work on improving or find something else to focus on. Don’t just be an asshole to Ranga because you envy his abilities.

Ranga’s match with Joe was pretty bonkers, but not as much as Adam decking Cherry with a skateboard. The flashbacks during that match were not very necessary and were poorly placed in the middle of the match.

The fujo bait continues too, I don’t even know if any of it has legs anymore.
Mar 6, 2021 12:06 PM
Dec 2020
I'm dying to know ADAM's whole back story. Only 3 episodes left and there's still a lot that needs to be explained/happen. I hope we're still getting more Reki content tho.
Mar 6, 2021 12:09 PM
Apr 2018
Also I really miss miss miss miss miss MISS Reki. Why doesn't he get as much development and screen time as the others. Hes the main character GODDAMN. I MISS HIM
Mar 6, 2021 12:29 PM
Jul 2018
i don''t give a fck if adam changes at the end. what he does is illegal and he should go to jail for that. there no way you can forgive him for hurting cherry's beautiful face!

ok but seriously...
Mar 6, 2021 12:30 PM

Oct 2011
Holy shit, Adam hitting Cherry in the face like that!!! What a bastard! >:( I get that anything goes in the underground but what a cheap shot. I loved the skating as usual. They always make it so exciting.

I can't believe there's only 3 episodes left.. I'm so sad. I wish this was 24 episodes so they could really dive deep into each character's backstories and character development. I'm hoping they are just testing the waters to see if the Anime does well and gets a 2nd season or something.
Mar 6, 2021 12:37 PM

Apr 2015
Ok wtf, did Adam seriously just smack Cherry in the face with his skateboard? In the middle of the race?? That's fucked up and he should get arrested for that. How does that even count as a win for Adam? That just ruined my mood for the day. Argh. Well that aside, Langa and Joe's race was good. Very predictable, but still entertaining. I knew Langa's skateboard was gonna break. I'm glad that they went for the more realistic approach where Langa and Reki don't make up immediately, but all I want is for Reki to have a happy ending. I can't see how they could wrap all this up neatly in three more episodes, but hopefully it'll be satisfactory. The wait for next week's episode will be hard. Doesn't help that there's not much of a preview. I hope they don't focus too much on Shadow or Miya, cause frankly I couldn't care less about them.

Just noticed next week's episode is 9.5...are we getting a recap episode next week instead? Hope not...
XiaoMar 6, 2021 12:49 PM

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Mar 6, 2021 12:43 PM

Aug 2016
He got off his skateboard and hit Cherry across the head.....
Then what's to stop say florist from just headbutting Adam at the start line.
So fcking stupid!
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Mar 6, 2021 12:49 PM

Jul 2019
I expected that Langa will win so no surprise here,but I never expected that after Love Hug ADAM will use Love Smash with his skateboard
Mar 6, 2021 12:51 PM

Jul 2013
I don't get what the heck is happening with Reki. I thought there was a chance for reconciliation between him and Langa + him and his love for skating. He showed up, watched Langa skate, and motivated Langa to win by making his presence known. THEN HE LEAVES. Disappointing. (Yes I know he's sad etc. But if he really does want to continue being a skater, he should spend more time practicing than sulking.)

Adam vs. Cherry was brutal. The flashbacks showed the good times, which made the Adam-hitting-Cherry scene even more upsetting. Cruel.

Edit: preview says next episode is 9.5, I wonder what that means.
And in the next second, Adam compares Cherry and Langa. He's moved on to Eve (Langa). Ouchhh.
queenhinataMar 6, 2021 12:54 PM
Mar 6, 2021 12:54 PM
Jan 2021
I mean the episode was great and all but it wasn’t enough!!! When it ended I was like WAIT NO. I wanted to see Langa and Reki talk at least! And I was a little disappointed to see Langa win the beef with Joe but I guess I wasn’t surprised. But it makes sense so that both Joe and Cherry are out now. Also wth was with that blow Adam gave Cherry. Ow.

As for Reki I’m glad he realized he doesn’t want to stand on the sidelines. He said that he wants to be up there next to Langa, not just cheering him on. (But I don’t understand why he gave up the S pin.) Langa also realized that there is no thrill to skating unless Reki is there with him. Great

IT’S GONNA BE REALLY HARD TO WAIT FOR THE NXT EPISODE!!
Mar 6, 2021 1:15 PM

Jun 2014
Some of the moves that Langa and Joe were pulling off were fucking crazy lol, at this point I just love how much more insane the skating seems to get with each episode. This dude Joe really planked on his board xD

Aight so I know they established that "anything goes" during these beefs, but there has to be a line drawn somewhere. Adam getting off of his board and straight SMACKING THE FUCK out of Cherry's ass has to be grounds for disqualification right? Well I guess not lol.

While Reki continues to mope and feel sorry for himself, he also acknowledged that he wants something more than just being Langa's support. Thus, I wonder if his depressive state will continue or if he'll use this as motivation to improve his skating, even after giving up his S pin. Meanwhile, Langa better find him quick to mend their friendship and get him to fix his board.
thebrentinator24Mar 6, 2021 1:25 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 6, 2021 1:23 PM

Jul 2017
bruh that ADAM vs Cherry beef wasn't even skateboarding lmao he just upped and whapped him so hard he got 'nam flashbacks

queenhinata said:
I don't get what the heck is happening with Reki. I thought there was a chance for reconciliation between him and Langa + him and his love for skating. He showed up, watched Langa skate, and motivated Langa to win by making his presence known. THEN HE LEAVES. Disappointing. (Yes I know he's sad etc. But if he really does want to continue being a skater, he should spend more time practicing than sulking.)

It's insecurities associated with being part of a friend group where you straight up know that you're the worst member in. It's like if you go to Linkedin and see all your friends having super high end/successful jobs and you have just some basic volunteering or smth, that shit can really claw at your self-esteem and motivation real fast

And the issue with Reki is that he knows he's only good enough to play a support role in the group, but he wants to be able to skate alongside the rest of the guys, which is why he's feeling really conflicted/depressed rn.

Plus practising/hard work isn't everything especially in sports. You need some degree of talent at the end of the day. Reki himself realizes he doesn't the talent to be on equal footing with the rest of the gang (even lost to shadow in the beginning) and he's been heavily committed to skateboarding for a few years so to him it all seems like it was pointless atm (especially after langa becomes a god in like 3 months lol)
Mar 6, 2021 1:42 PM

Aug 2020
That was brutal, ADAM literally just smacked Cherry across the face with a skateboard. Seems to me that Reki was just there as emotional support for Langa.
Mar 6, 2021 1:43 PM
Aug 2020
I was so surprised! I think that Cherry was in love with Adam in high school! And I was literally screaming at Langa to run faster for Reki!
Mar 6, 2021 2:14 PM
Oct 2020
ok wtf just happened in the last scene... it sooooo unforgivable. poor cherry-sama. I hope Adam get disqualified
Mar 6, 2021 2:26 PM

Aug 2008
Lol, sure adam smacked cherry very well
Probably some recap next week?
The spider is watching
Mar 6, 2021 2:42 PM
May 2020
fuck thIS ANIMEEEE!!! AAAARFG! Wtf dudes???(the ones who makes the animation). What the FUCK is wrong with Adam bro!? And WHY Reki is so... ahhhh’ why did he left without Langa! He needs to keep him away from that PSYCHO Adam! He will kill Langa!! He already tried to kill his old besftriend (and prob old lover). And people... PLS dont u dare ship Cherry and Adam plssss! Adam is hot...yes. But he is BAD. He is a reeealy realy bad person and no “flash back into his history and reason of his actions” kinda moment can change this!

Im so pissed. BUT here is a potive thought. Yes Reki left. But I belive there will be a cute momant between Langa and him on next episode. Bcs They both realised their crush to eachoter. And I dont belive there will be a sad ending for our boys bcs u know and anime opening tells A LOT (u know if u watched banana fish or tokyo ghoul) and this anime has the cutest one so... Im positive about the next episodes🙏🏻❤️🤘🏽
Mar 6, 2021 2:45 PM
Dec 2020
Langa being badass and Cherry getting messed up very action packed. I can’t imagine it ending with one season I know it’s an original but there has to be more plot after the tournament and Ainosukes Redemption.
Mar 6, 2021 2:57 PM
Apr 2015
Mika-taicho said:
Cherry and Adam had quite a similar adoration thing that Reki and Langa have ig lol Its so nasty Adam ended it the way he did with the hit, it broke my heart when it all shattered like that, damn. The Matchablossom moments in the ending credits were so good.

Joe vs Langa was predictable but to me disappointing nonetheless. I find it so cheap that the only reason the show made Reki go there was so Langa can have his supporting girl and he can be amazing yet again lol I liked Langa's skating but because he has no real adversary in this show and he has not lost a single race its just... boring? There is no challenge for him, its cool yeah but also becomes tiring and stale after a while. And obviously his board broke so now Reki can be useful again and fix it ig. really a shame, i wish i could see reki be happy and skate again but uh.

The randos were trashing Langa and Reki defended him but who was there to defend Reki when they were trashtalking HIM? :')

Edit: ok i edited this whole shit because there is no point to that rant now after knowing now what he said lmao. Thank fuck, the show is acknowledging the fact this shit doesnt change anything lmao too bad reki gave up his "S" pin tho but at least he realizes he wants something else. Good.
thank you
I don't know what they thinking
Its obvious Reki love to skate, it's his hobby and he is passionate about it
It's frustrating, to be honest more Koroke no basket
It was super annoying that the main character works hard to have a move that breaks in one game
And now this more annoying
Mar 6, 2021 2:59 PM
Apr 2015
WizKid2 said:
Langa being badass and Cherry getting messed up very action packed. I can’t imagine it ending with one season I know it’s an original but there has to be more plot after the tournament and Ainosukes Redemption.

I was thinking the same , that maybe there is plan for a second one
Although I think it if they work with plot more the could've done in 13 ep
, I really dont know what will happen if there is 2nd
I can't see a plot the can be more the 3-4 ep but who knows
Mar 6, 2021 3:04 PM
Apr 2015
phantomfandom said:
This episode just confirmed Cherry & Joe... they've been friend even before met ADAM, so it's not strange that they'll take their relationship to the next step! And now Cherry need someone to take care of him, Joe is the perfect man for this job.

Anyway, is the next episode a recap? A one-cour anime shouldn't have a recap, this is unforgivable!

The suspected yellow hair guy is probably hired by ADAM to hurt Tadashi, which will resulted in Tadashi giving his slot to Reki, just my wild prediction.
no he was with gang in the flash back
Mar 6, 2021 4:06 PM

Jul 2020
e up call.

Holy hell, Langa's air time was amazing.
Mar 6, 2021 4:11 PM

Dec 2020
this episode was alright
i liked watching the action of the beefs even if they were unrealistic
no surprises though, of course it's going to be adam vs langa in the finals. the ost was pretty alright too.. reki is still in his depressed state which is honestly getting kinda annoying because it feels like he's not the mc anymore

why is adam so fixated on marrying a minor
"give up on your dream and die" -levi ackermann
Mar 6, 2021 4:16 PM
Apr 2020
Ugh there’s so many feels i can’t stand it. I literally can’t stand seeing their childhood cause it makes me so sad that shit happened and now they’re just broken relationships happening left and right. ADAM WAS SO HAPPY ISH AS A KID WITH TADASHI AND NOW HE’S BECOME WITH OBNOXIOUS TYRANT. Langa go kiss Reki already and make up.
Mar 6, 2021 4:57 PM

Jan 2021
Damn Reki was so used. I mean the only reason he was at the race was so that Langa could see him and be inspired to win. I feel like I like the race between Joe and Langa more than the one between Adam and Cherry just cause it was more exiting the whole time rather than just at the end. I was not expecting Adam to just B slap Cherry with the board. I wonder what Miya is going to do next episode.
Mar 6, 2021 5:04 PM

Oct 2009
Well, they sure as sh×t managed to turn this from "pure joy to watch" into "jfc the angst". Get Reki and Langa back together already, please, because it's heartbreaking to only see them skate together in the OP for so many episodes when it was the heart of the series.

But the JOE/Cherry/ADAM triangle? Definitely right in the feels and way too lifelike relatable. How one person changing completely breaks bonds and changes dynamics... This isn't what I signed up for when I decided to watch dorks skate, gdi!

On a sidenote: they do look good, but wearing your school uniform for activities in which you'll inevitably end up having to flee authorities is just dumb, come on...
yellowheartrenMar 6, 2021 5:09 PM
Mar 6, 2021 5:20 PM
Oct 2020
Yooo! ADAM really violated Cherry like what was that... I'm so happy talk no jutsu doesn't work in this show. People are actually beyond the point of saving and Reki's "phase" is turning into an actual reality check with him giving up his "S" pin. Reki couldn't even beat Harry, so we know him entering the tournament would've been a waste of time since he would've been KO'ed in the prelims. Langa probably isn't gonna get his board fixed unless he goes to Reki's house but even then I doubt he will. If this show ends dark it's getting a 9.
Mar 6, 2021 5:47 PM
Apr 2020
Im so happy for that langa and reki moment and im so sad about cherry then again it was so heartwarming to see the last scene of cherry and joe it was a emotional rollercoster 😭‼️
Mar 6, 2021 5:54 PM
Jun 2017
ADAM just pulled another move, and that is MATADOR OF LOVE... by hitting enemy with skateboard 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Mar 6, 2021 6:02 PM
Apr 2020
I didn’t like this episode. Adam shouldn’t be allowed to just get off his skateboard and use it to hit the opponent. That’s bullshit
Mar 6, 2021 6:14 PM
Feb 2019
langa should not have won this
Mar 6, 2021 6:28 PM

May 2015
dont get me worng but young adam was kinda fine 77777 anywayyy this ep felt so short aaaa i really want too see more Langa and Reki :((
No matter who much you regret or wish,
if you couldn't do something in life,
you can't do it after death, either.
- Hanako
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Langa's relationship with reki ( 1 2 )

Old_School_Akira - May 7, 2022

65 by Tobimaroo »»
Mar 10, 3:11 AM

Poll: » SK∞ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

147 by Tobimaroo »»
Mar 4, 5:21 AM

Poll: » SK∞ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2021

142 by Tobimaroo »»
Jan 31, 4:58 AM

Poll: » SK∞ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

210 by Tobimaroo »»
Jan 30, 4:56 AM

» SK8 the Infinity Event & Bucchigiri!?

OnlyAraku - Dec 31, 2023

8 by OnlyAraku »»
Jan 9, 12:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.