Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 5, 2021 7:24 PM

Apr 2018
I've just finished 20 episode thus far. There is very very little redeeming quality about Poop aside from that one time he brought time for Dai. Ever since his introduction, I find him very annoying. I know he is a coward who is learning to become brave and courageous like Pinocchio. But from what I see so far, his actions and character didn't really develop much aside being slightly braver. He is no Ussop that's for sure.
Mar 5, 2021 7:47 PM

Oct 2020
I think he’ll get way more character development later in the series .... hopefully

plus dai do it all always overshadowing his development so it really hurts popp
JayDaAnimeLordMar 5, 2021 8:07 PM

"Hard work is worthless for those that don’t believe in themselves" - Naruto Uzumaki
Mar 6, 2021 3:52 AM
Feb 2021
Def the most static of the heroes but if he left, we wouldn't get to hear the others say "Popp", which is always great.
Mar 6, 2021 3:56 AM

Jun 2012
Usopp had like 200 episodes to become a great character, cut him some slack.
Mar 6, 2021 6:38 AM

Dec 2020
I swear I've been saying this forever lol
he's such unlikeable and annoying character

every time he shows up i get bothered
and When he starts crying , it's so cliche and cringy at the same time.

I don't care if people keep saying that he's gonna get more character development later
i just can't stand him as a character anymore
and his exaggerated facial expressions is cringy AF

sorry guys , i tried to like this character, but i just can't
Vitamin_ZMar 6, 2021 6:41 AM
Mar 6, 2021 7:19 AM

Nov 2020
To me he is an awesome character. Keep watching.
Mar 6, 2021 7:24 AM

Dec 2018
He is becoming better on recent episodes already.
Mar 6, 2021 8:37 AM

Jul 2015
He has a lot of potential for character development, which is a good thing. This is the reason why characters as him are the best.
Unless you prefer bland and boring Mary Sue like Kirito.
Anyway, his development is widely considered as one of the best in all anime. By the end he is a complete different person, an absolute Chad and carries the whole team almost singlehandedly.
PiromyslOct 1, 2022 5:57 AM

Mar 6, 2021 9:00 AM

Apr 2018
AtmosphericEntry said:

Usopp is fun from the start because he's not one dimensional, he actually fights and wins when the odds was never on his side to begin with. Cowardly but brave right from the start, a good contrast to his character. Popp is just a coward through and through, and useless.
Mar 6, 2021 9:02 AM

Nov 2020
Dragevard said:
AtmosphericEntry said:

Usopp is fun from the start because he's not one dimensional, he actually fights and wins from the start. Cowardly but brave right from the start, a good contrast to his character. Popp is just a coward through and through, and useless.

I not agree at all, to me Popp was interesting from the beginning and he continues to evolve in the next episodes. Also, it would not be strange if Usopp was based on Popp. The episode when he fights Crocodine always will be one of the most mythical episodes of manganime of story, for not spoil many future moments.

It's ok if you don´t like Popp, it could be a matter of opinion or taste, but he is one of the most important character of the Shonen Jump history and one of the reasons of the general sucess of Dai no Daibouken. Many people identified with him.
-Hyunckel-Mar 6, 2021 9:15 AM
Mar 6, 2021 10:37 AM

Sep 2007
He is a great character just that the remake doesn't do it justice. His evolution as a wizard and individual are really interesting to follow. It's true however that this remake does not put forward the courage which he shows and makes him pass more for a simple foil which he is not.
Mar 6, 2021 10:43 AM

Nov 2020
To me the remake is doing his character great, the Crocodine episode was awesome, the training for the lightning, and when he fight with Hadlar too. Also, i want to see the future moments.
Mar 6, 2021 10:56 AM

Mar 2020
I'd say he's both. At times he can be pretty annoying; however, at other times he becomes a good person.
Mar 6, 2021 10:58 AM

Mar 2016
Not trying to sound mean, but all of the characters are really annoying, imho. Then again, I actually never liked the lighthearted depiction of things, even with the moments that are supposed to be more serious. That and the fact that the series itself is literally playing off of nostalgia edge despite the silly drama and tiresome tropes I remember from other RPG-like shows or straight-up adaptations of such.
Mar 6, 2021 5:30 PM

Sep 2020
There's a reason why his name is so close to "POOP" only one letter that needs to be changed

People keep blaming the anime for not giving him justice or some other reason but so far the adaptation has been very faithful to the manga. It's just how he has always been, maybe his fans are just blinded by nostalgia lol

If you're having crippling depression, hopefully our videos will send you to another world and have you reborn as an isekai protagonist
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc8rSgYdcdZUSXXqVJhNwLw
Mar 7, 2021 12:42 AM

Sep 2020
Turtles_Hunter said:
Nobody does that, I've been reading the threads since the beginning of the story, and I never read someone say the anime didn't give him justice. Of course there are people don't like him, but the argument you mention is not there.

Literally ITT alone: "He is a great character just that the remake doesn't do it justice. His evolution as a wizard and individual are really interesting to follow. It's true however that this remake does not put forward the courage which he shows and makes him pass more for a simple foil which he is not."

If you're having crippling depression, hopefully our videos will send you to another world and have you reborn as an isekai protagonist
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc8rSgYdcdZUSXXqVJhNwLw
Mar 7, 2021 2:38 AM
Mar 2021
(Hello! Dai manga reader here. I created this account because I'm so excited that the series is getting this new anime treatment, I think it's my first forum account in years. Looking forward to enjoying the show with everyone here!)

I remember liking Popp from the beginning even though he wasn't my favorite at the start. He's the "everyman" character who reacts the most normally IMO - he gets scared, intimidated, suspicious (to balance out Dai and Maam's naivete), but also can be smart and determined.

I haven't read the manga in years but I think the anime captured the gist of his early character flaws well. Popp's character grows from strength to strength with each arc. The payoff to his character is very satisfying.
Mar 7, 2021 10:52 AM

Jun 2015
Popp has been redeeming himself since his first introduction into the show when he refused to undergo training. If anything he set himself up as the patsy. As a character he started at minus ten points and all he can do is grow. And lets face it, he has been. No matter how much a patsy he is, being with Dai and everyone else he meets on his adventures is giving him confidence and he is actively now trying to get stronger so he can protect his friends. He is the epitome of a good character who we can get behind and cheer on through his misguided ups and downs.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jun 21, 2022 11:07 AM
May 2018
Vitamin_Z said:
I swear I've been saying this forever lol
he's such unlikeable and annoying character

every time he shows up i get bothered
and When he starts crying , it's so cliche and cringy at the same time.

I don't care if people keep saying that he's gonna get more character development later
i just can't stand him as a character anymore
and his exaggerated facial expressions is cringy AF

sorry guys , i tried to like this character, but i just can't

this is the comment what i looking for

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 21, 2022 11:58 AM
May 2022
Popp is the greatest character of all time. And for those of you who don't like him, it could just be a matter of personal taste. At least he's not annoying like some of those characters on the popular anime like Zenitsu from Demon Slayer and even Gon and Killua from HxH. I honestly don't know what people like about those HxH characters, they don't make me feel anything for them. But it all comes down to preference. However if someone dares to call Popp as annoying but likes Zenitsu, I can't take your opinion seriously.

More topics from this board

» NEW ANIME PROJECT CONFIRMED

SOSYBOI - Mar 11, 2023

12 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:53 AM

Poll: » Choose the best arc(s) in Dai no Daibouken!

DragonKnight92 - Oct 21, 2022

10 by Illyricus »»
Apr 8, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 32 Discussion

Stark700 - May 14, 2021

35 by Teirayo »»
Mar 30, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2020

132 by MonkeyDKyle »»
Mar 27, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken (2020) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

50 by Teirayo »»
Mar 27, 7:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.