Forum Settings
Forums

'Aria the Benedizione' Anime Concludes 'Ao no Curtain Call' Trilogy

New
Mar 5, 2021 12:49 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013

The stage greeting event commemorating the premiere of Aria the Crepuscolo anime film announced a new anime titled Aria the Benedizione on Friday. The new anime marks the third and final installment in the Ao no Curtain Call (Blue Curtain Call) trilogy, following Aria the Avvenire and Aria the Crepuscolo.

Takahiro Natori (Aria the Avvenire assistant director) helmed the film at J.C.Staff, with chief director and scriptwriter Junichi Satou (Aria the Animation). Youko Itou (Amanchu!) served as both the character designer and chief animation director. The film commemorated the television anime's 15th anniversary.

The anime series adapts Kozue Amano's sci-fi slice of life manga, which originally began in Enix's Monthly Stencil as Aqua in January 2001. The manga switched to Comic Blade with the new title Aria the following February. Mag Garden published the manga in 14 compiled volumes, selling a cumulative 4.2 million copies.

Hal Film Maker adapted the manga into three anime seasons and an original video animation in Fall 2005, Spring 2006, Fall 2007, and Winter 2008. TYO Animations produced the Aria the Avvenire special in September 2015.

ADV Manga published the first three volumes of Aria in English in 2004 before dropping the license. Tokyopop acquired the license for both Aqua and Aria in 2006 and 2007 and released eight volumes in total before discontinuing its publication in 2010. The company began publishing a collector's edition of two-in-one omnibuses in March 2019 and shipped the seventh and final omnibus volume last December. The manga has also been published in multiple foreign languages.

Right Stuf Inc. licensed the anime series under its Nozomi Entertainment label in North America in 2008 and released the first season on DVD in September that year. The second season shipped in two DVD volumes the following January and March. The third season, including the original video animation, was released in March 2010. The company ran a successful Kickstarter campaign to English dub all the anime installments in 2017 and released the first three anime series on Blu-ray between March and June last year.

Official site: https://www.ariacompany.net/
Official Twitter: @ARIA_SENDEN

Source: Oricon News

Aria the Benedizione on MAL
VindstotMar 5, 2021 4:53 PM

Mar 5, 2021 1:11 PM

Mar 2008
Yay! :) Can’t wait for this. đź’™

Mar 5, 2021 1:22 PM

Sep 2014
I'm already looking forward to watch Crepuscolo and now this. It's so nice to be an Aria fan lately.
Mar 5, 2021 1:23 PM

May 2012
More Aria stuff is always welcome. This franchise is in my top 5, cant wait for more!
Mar 5, 2021 3:29 PM

Apr 2012
Hopefully this will be a worthy end to the franchise and not a attempt at hyping on old franchise in the era of sequels and remales.
Mar 5, 2021 3:36 PM

Oct 2015
AAAAA

Yes absolutely yes, thank you.
Mar 5, 2021 3:36 PM
Jul 2018
This franchise is forever. I must watch the new movie and this trilogy for heal myself :D
Mar 5, 2021 7:18 PM

Oct 2017
More Aria is always welcomed.
Mar 7, 2021 8:21 AM
May 2016
I'm grateful they are releasing a new aria series but at the same time a little bit sad, I don't know the meaning of "aoi no curtain call" but I'm guessing it means, well, the curtain call of the series. I'm very grateful for all the good memories it has given me and I wish it ends gracefully and in peace.
Apr 17, 2021 12:09 AM
Oct 2020
If the “curtain call” trilogy is going to be the end of the series, then I’ll gladly be at peace with that. As long as it wraps things up satisfactorily, this show will then feel like a truly complete package. I’m still catching up on parts of the show so I can be in time to see these movies conclude it as soon as their subbed, but it’s been really enjoyable and relaxing thus far and given me a newfound appreciation for the smaller joys to be found in life. Since both directors for Benedizione have thorough experience on the rest of the series, I’m not too worried about it drastically changing from the series’ standard quality. All there is to do is to see how they handle it. Cheers to a classic.
May 8, 2021 11:50 AM
Oct 2020
Wow so First I see my friend add the second movie to his plan to watch. Than I see there was a new movie plus the final movie comes out or anime. This is actually crazy and I need to catch up quickly.
May 8, 2021 11:50 AM
Oct 2020
Wow so First I see my friend add the second movie to his plan to watch. Than I see there was a new movie plus the final movie comes out or anime. This is actually crazy and I need to catch up quickly.
May 8, 2021 2:12 PM

Dec 2018
The PV have strong Yuri vibes. Girl giving flower to other girl,,Awwwww they are little lesbian lovebirds,,,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Jul 18, 2021 1:25 AM

Aug 2014
KinoSpiegel said:
I'm grateful they are releasing a new aria series but at the same time a little bit sad, I don't know the meaning of "aoi no curtain call" but I'm guessing it means, well, the curtain call of the series. I'm very grateful for all the good memories it has given me and I wish it ends gracefully and in peace.

Yeah, I feel kind of the same. The series was great and it had an actual end, it could have ended with Origination. Having it end feels so sad though when it meant so much.

It's nice to see a continuation but Avenire didn't really live up to the original series in my book. Now there are two more movies/specials I'm looking forward to, but at the same time dreading when I've watched them that's it? No more Aria ever? :(

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

30 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.