Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (23) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 5, 2021 10:32 AM

Aug 2020
deg said:
Sad7727 said:
since we're most likely not getting eren pov, i hope we get some of ymir's pov . she's been watching and smiling for a while now. if it ends without getting explained it would be a shitshow

atleast the worm reason is "survival" i guess.

someone mentioned on the leaks thread that there is a pattern

chapter 137 is Armin then 138 is Mikasa then last 139 is Eren

Yeah there's a pattern,but i somehow doubt it honestly. but there's a possibility . eren's hair is cut short just like the final "you're free" panel.
Yang_Wenli said:
Sad7727 said:

Yeah that's what they're thinking,but it'll change with part 2.

there are lots of things wrong in this arc imo,and many plots unresolved. so i don't know how isayama is going to resolve this all in 45 pages unless he goes into time skip or straight up "dream"

also how is levi still going despite losing an eye+burned+ broken all over, and in the past he was out for a long while due to an ankle?

lets hope isayama doesn't make the first part of this chapter irrelevant next month

Next chapter Worm is defeated. Ymir releases the titan curse and all Eldians become normal people. Pages of the world recovering from the Rumbling. Armin giving a Minna speech and being crowned the President of the world for life. There won't be any Eren POV. He will die a disgraced loser.

that's what im thinking would happen lol. if the only death is eren's then holy shit...

also this ending still wouldn't resolve the inconsistencies / a lot of plot points

i think the worm will die for sure next chapter 100% though, and with it reverting people back.

i don't know what's ymir doing. i have close to zero understanding of her
Mar 5, 2021 10:33 AM
Aug 2020
So if you kill the founding Titan, does it mean all the titans die? (Including the shifters) I believe there's a reference of the titans turning into dust in the op of season 4.

Also I have think someone mentioned this here or some other post but the baby Historia is having will probably be Eren reincarnated. And the person that's holding him will probably be Misaka, the same way she's holding Eren's head in this chapter.
Mar 5, 2021 10:34 AM

Aug 2012
Eren is not dead!
Eren survived the explosion. Eren turned into Giga Eren.
Eren is going to survive this. Trust the plan
Mar 5, 2021 10:36 AM

Jan 2009
Blackkatsu001 said:
What the fuck does Ymir want ???????????????????

she wants popcorn and front seat view of all the shit show
Mar 5, 2021 10:36 AM
Jun 2020
Yang_Wenli said:
Sad7727 said:

Yeah that's what they're thinking,but it'll change with part 2.

there are lots of things wrong in this arc imo,and many plots unresolved. so i don't know how isayama is going to resolve this all in 45 pages unless he goes into time skip or straight up "dream"

also how is levi still going despite losing an eye+burned+ broken all over, and in the past he was out for a long while due to an ankle?

lets hope isayama doesn't make the first part of this chapter irrelevant next month

Next chapter Worm is defeated. Ymir releases the titan curse and all Eldians become normal people. Pages of the world recovering from the Rumbling. Armin giving a Minna speech and being crowned the President of the world for life. There won't be any Eren POV. He will die a disgraced loser.

I think next chapter will be about Eren and Ymir. Tho, I am also concerned about the short time available to wrap everything up.
Mar 5, 2021 10:38 AM

Jan 2009
Malugreen said:

I think next chapter will be about Eren and Ymir. Tho, I am also concerned about the short time available to wrap everything up.

ye we will finally know the goal of Ymir that Armin is asking too

and im hoping for 100 pages final chapter
Mar 5, 2021 10:40 AM

Jun 2020
What in the colossal fuck was that? Is this the same guy who wrote masterpieces like 121? Holy shit, if this is the ending, then I will be the most disappointed I've ever been in my entire fucking life. Yes I'm doomposting, WHAT ELSE AM I SUPPOSED TO DO? WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS WRITING??? LEVI SURVIVING AFTER THAT FAN SERVICE KILLING OF ZEKE AND JEAN DYING? WHAT IN THE SHIT IS THIS?

I followed this series for 7 years, only for it to end like this. His writing started getting shit ever since the Alliance, and now he's reminding us why he should quit writing for good.

I said keep your hands on the table
Mar 5, 2021 10:44 AM

Sep 2016
There is absolutely nothing that can happen in the 45 pages next chapter that will save this series for me.
Mar 5, 2021 10:49 AM
Dec 2019
Let’s just pretend that everything post chapter 123 never happened
Mar 5, 2021 10:50 AM
Jun 2020
deg said:
Malugreen said:

ye we will finally know the goal of Ymir that Armin is asking too

and im hoping for 100 pages final chapter

I hope so too. I see a certain pattern. Chapter 137 was about Armin who wants the old days back when they were playing together.

138 was focused on Mikasa who always wanted to have a quiet life together with Eren. At least this was my initial interpretation of the leaks. I am not sure now if the scenes we saw this chapter are Mikasas imagination or alternative memories from Eren.

The last chapter would be about Eren who is the only one of the three that is looking ahead.
Mar 5, 2021 10:51 AM

Apr 2013
Not going to read the raws I’ll wait for translated chapter.

The worst part of this arc is not even the cringe moments from the alliance or the subpar fight, but the fact that we dont get Eren’s or Ymir’s pov until the last chapter of the manga. And that last chapter will also be a regular 40-page chapter not even double length.. cmon man.
Mar 5, 2021 10:54 AM
Aug 2016
Sourire said:

The worst part of this arc is not even the cringe moments from the alliance or the subpar fight, but the fact that we dont get Eren’s or Ymir’s pov until the last chapter of the manga. And that last chapter will also be a regular 40-page chapter not even double length.. cmon man.

Have to agree on this. Man, just give us Eren's POV already Yams. P.L.E.A.S.E.
Mar 5, 2021 10:55 AM
Oct 2012
Sourire said:

Why would you want 90 pages of the Alliance and Arumin wanking?
Mar 5, 2021 10:56 AM
Apr 2019
Koustubh said:
Sourire said:

plot twist: yams doesn't have a clue what he should show for eren's POV or ymir's he maybe just left the clue on to us aka open ending
Mar 5, 2021 10:57 AM

Feb 2021
Sourire said:

there is not going to be an eren pov with 45 pages left.
its over.
Mar 5, 2021 10:59 AM
Aug 2016
Bababazooka69 said:
Koustubh said:

plot twist: yams doesn't have a clue what he should show for eren's POV or ymir's he maybe just left the clue on to us aka open ending

LMAO, that would be a certified Araki moment.

Mar 5, 2021 10:59 AM
Mar 2021
Why do people say that if the worms die then the titans will return to humans, it's very stupid since the beginning that the king of Frizt could not destroy the curse of the titan or turn the titan back into a human, that's why frieda sister historia wants eldians to die by being eaten by titan, isn't by killing worms, that's why this series is getting even more stupid
Mar 5, 2021 11:02 AM
Jun 2020
We have one more chapter. Stop complaining it’s very annoying
Mar 5, 2021 11:02 AM

Aug 2020
Gintoki_XD said:
Why do people say that if the worms die then the titans will return to humans, it's very stupid since the beginning that the king of Frizt could not destroy the curse of the titan or turn the titan back into a human, that's why frieda sister historia wants eldians to die from titan, isn't by killing worms, that's why this series is getting even more stupid

worm is the one releasing the vapor to turn them into titans and worm is the reason there's titans in the first place. so i bet it'll all go away once its killed or eaten by falco

also rumbling is stopped,it probably won't be explained but why the fuck is it stopped? wasn't it clarified that ymir is free and no longer needs royals to command her?
Mar 5, 2021 11:03 AM

Apr 2013
armchair3 said:
Chapter confirmed that both Eren and Mikasa loved each other romantically and that Eren would escape with Mikasa if she confessed to him.
Chapter 123 already confirmed that. It’s almost like you and the other delusional readers that spam negativity every month in these threads have been reading something else entirely. Is the ending satisfying? No. Is it as bad as you all make it to be? No. Could it have been a lot better? Yes.
Mar 5, 2021 11:05 AM

Feb 2021
Sad7727 said:
Gintoki_XD said:
Why do people say that if the worms die then the titans will return to humans, it's very stupid since the beginning that the king of Frizt could not destroy the curse of the titan or turn the titan back into a human, that's why frieda sister historia wants eldians to die from titan, isn't by killing worms, that's why this series is getting even more stupid

worm is the one releasing the vapor to turn them into titans and worm is the reason there's titans in the first place. so i bet it'll all go away once its killed or eaten by falco

also rumbling is stopped,it probably won't be explained but why the fuck is it stopped? wasn't it clarified that ymir is free and no longer needs royals to command her?

watch ymir being moved by the ''power of love'' and lifts the titan curse.
Mar 5, 2021 11:08 AM
Oct 2016
>Mikasa is making a fanfic and imagining her headcanon

>Dumbasses: ThIs BrEaKS EllEn ChAraCtEr!!!
Mar 5, 2021 11:13 AM

Feb 2021
Farith10 said:
>Mikasa is making a fanfic and imagining her headcanon

>Dumbasses: ThIs BrEaKS EllEn ChAraCtEr!!!

can't break what has already been shredded to nothing.
Mar 5, 2021 11:13 AM
Dec 2019
keragamming said:
So final chapter is Eren, Historia and Ymir focus chapter. Depending on how the final chapter is executed, its hard to really know how to rate this one.

I haven't read it yet, but I like what I saw for the most.

Only the final page is a bit too edgy for my liking, I have no doubt in my mind that if it was reverse with Eren doing it to Mikasa after killing everyone the hate would not be as big.

But Eren losing = bad no matter how its executed.

You cannot defeat the most impassive, unyielding man portrayed in a story... that has the biggest power in the setting... without outsmarting him or undermining his support or power (ymir).

If you as an author portray his demise without developing one of those routes, thats absolutety bad characterization. IF THE ONE WHO SUFFERS IT IS THE MC THEN ITS BAD WRITING TOO.
Mar 5, 2021 11:14 AM

Sep 2018
cAbaddon said:
The problem is that many see Eren as this determined mega giga chad god when he’s a destroyed person who’s doing the most horrific thing for both the people he loves and for his own selfish reasons as chapter 131 shows. He’s not happy doing the rumbling, never was.

Then why did he decide to do the rumbling? Just to give up at the last minute and become even more miserable version of himself during the whole thing? Maybe he wasn't really free and had to follow the future he saw but these points are all diminishing to his character and that's why people don't like these chapters. I don't know what'll come for his character next but the "lelouch" route or the "he wanted to be stopped" route is just bs.

Also, the reason why he was so determined and could do things nobody could and should do because he was broken to pieces. These traits are not mutually exclusive. No matter how you look at it this is a character assassination for him. Isayama built him up as the one who'll break the cycle no matter what the cost but decided to add Alliance last minute and give them the role.

Just to let you guys know, I wasn't ever a big fan of post time-skip edgy Eren. He was the best in RtS or maybe in PATHS. Don't accuse me of being a yeagerist or etc.
Mar 5, 2021 11:16 AM
Nov 2019
WTTC2 said:
Does anyone know why Falco screamed? It seems to me that he was the one who made them change into titans.
He screamed because his family, Gabi and everyone were about to turn into titans and he had to leave them behind.
Mar 5, 2021 11:20 AM
Mar 2021
Sad7727 said:
Gintoki_XD said:

The question is why Ymir just spits out worms now, why not before rumbling steps on almost half of the world's population, and why doesn't Eren just kill the worm before injuring other people and friends, in my opinion there are a lot of strange plot holes
Mar 5, 2021 11:22 AM

Jun 2014
Ok so can anyone explain why everyone turned into titans? I would be grateful.

Also does that mean Eren isn't the father?
I don't know how all these things will be covered in one single chapter. I hope last chapter would be double the size
Mar 5, 2021 11:24 AM

Aug 2020
Gintoki_XD said:
Sad7727 said:

The question is why Ymir just spits out worms now, why not before rumbling steps on almost half of the world's population, and why doesn't Eren just kill the worm before injuring other people and friends, in my opinion there are a lot of strange plot holes

yeah its weird, ymir and eren had 0 explanation for the entire arc

also if falco is the one who turned them into titans(scream effect),does that mean he's a royal? that's massive BS if it happened
Mar 5, 2021 11:31 AM

Sep 2020
So 137 was Armin focused and what he thought would be the ideal ending

138 is Mikasa focused and what she perceives to be the only way to end this

I guess 139 will be Eren focused

For this chapter alone I'll have to read the translations before judging any further. The first half is absolutely golden though.
Mar 5, 2021 11:35 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Yang_Wenli said:
Tokoya said:
How did he destroy his character lol...Literally everything this man did was for his friends....You honestly believe that Eren would kill his friends lmao?

It's a real huge stretch to call this wretched human scum his friends at this point. His real friends and comrades died fighting for their homeland and people.
LMFAOOOOOO

Even though I understand why one would be upset by the actions of Armin and those, at the same time, there's a difference between being a friend and being a blind follower

They disagreed with Eren on a fundamental level and as such, they'd only be a bunch of yes men if they just stood by and did nothing/let him have his way
Mar 5, 2021 11:35 AM

Jul 2020
Just look at this face and tell me that he wanted this to happen...

Mar 5, 2021 11:37 AM

May 2009
PiedPiper_ said:
Ok so can anyone explain why everyone turned into titans? I would be grateful.

Also does that mean Eren isn't the father?
I don't know how all these things will be covered in one single chapter. I hope last chapter would be double the size

Worm secreted gas that turned eldians into mindless titans.
Mar 5, 2021 11:40 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Arin-san said:
What in the colossal fuck was that? Is this the same guy who wrote masterpieces like 121? Holy shit, if this is the ending, then I will be the most disappointed I've ever been in my entire fucking life. Yes I'm doomposting, WHAT ELSE AM I SUPPOSED TO DO? WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS WRITING??? LEVI SURVIVING AFTER THAT FAN SERVICE KILLING OF ZEKE AND JEAN DYING? WHAT IN THE SHIT IS THIS?

I followed this series for 7 years, only for it to end like this. His writing started getting shit ever since the Alliance, and now he's reminding us why he should quit writing for good.
I swear to God most of yall lack basic comprehension skills lol
Mar 5, 2021 11:42 AM

Sep 2016
I wonder how these recent chapters would have been received if we didn't know this would end at 139.
Mar 5, 2021 11:45 AM
Mar 2021
Sad7727 said:
Gintoki_XD said:

yeah its weird, ymir and eren had 0 explanation for the entire arc

also if falco is the one who turned them into titans(scream effect),does that mean he's a royal? that's massive BS if it happened
yes why did ymir turn jean, connie and the others into mindless titan, isn't that cruel because the worm is in her control or her own will
Mar 5, 2021 11:45 AM

Feb 2021
can't wait for farmer kun to be revealed as the father, or maybe hacksayama is just going to leave it ambiguous.
Mar 5, 2021 11:50 AM

Dec 2019
It's literally impossible for all the major loose ends to be tied up in a chapter. I personally found this chapter fucking hilarious and terribly written but if you believed otherwise and still think it's good, either way everything can't get wrapped up in a chapter. Isayama shot himself in the foot.
Mar 5, 2021 11:51 AM
Nov 2016
deg said:
Yang_Wenli said:

It's neither romantic nor a pairing. It's a one-sided, creepy obsession by a mentally ill, schizophrenic, psychopathic stalker.

Mikasa was having a headache she is not schizophrenic but might be Eren inserted some false images or memories into her head
She is an Ackerman, the founding titan powers don't work in them
Mar 5, 2021 11:52 AM
Sep 2016
Seriously, is there anyone who believes that all the people transformed into Titans in the next chapter will not return to normal? EH is more likely to come true in the next chapter than the death of all the transformed ones.
Mar 5, 2021 11:55 AM

Sep 2018
bastek66 said:
Worm secreted gas that turned eldians into mindless titans.

This is another thing I don't understand. Isn't the spine thingy on the ground is the bigger version of the source of all the titan powers? One is connected to the founding titan's shifter's head -the smaller one- and the other one is connected to the titan's -bigger one-.

Then why it can't turn every human there into titans? They are technically coming into contact with "the source" like how Ymir did. It is understandable they won't turn into omni-beings like Ymir because they formed a symbiotic relationship, but I can't see why the gas should only affect Eldians at this point. So much for being a seemingly conscious creature who can surpass time and space I guess.
Mar 5, 2021 11:55 AM
Nov 2016
So the whole thing with Historia being pregnant was just beacause Isayama didn't know how to handle his character post-time skip and just took her out of the scene?
Mar 5, 2021 11:56 AM

Sep 2019
What the fuck Isayama? Did he really think that was the best way to end this series? Lmao. I don't even want to start talking about the last page, I wanted the leaks to be wrong but they weren't. I don't know how he's going to wrap this shit up in a single chapter.
Mar 5, 2021 11:57 AM

Mar 2012
Chapter was perfect... Until the necrophilia Mikasa shit
Mar 5, 2021 11:58 AM
Mar 2021
arthur_morgan2 said:
armchair3 said:
This chapter is implying that if Mikasa confessed Eren would let everyone die. Someone defend this bullshit. Quick

this!! i already pointed this out in other threads here and most people just seem to ignore it.
do people not realize how dumb this is?!

He was scared of doing the genocide.
KIERO360Mar 5, 2021 12:06 PM
Mar 5, 2021 11:59 AM

Aug 2020
Xesty17 said:
It's literally impossible for all the major loose ends to be tied up in a chapter. I personally found this chapter fucking hilarious and terribly written but if you believed otherwise and still think it's good, either way everything can't get wrapped up in a chapter. Isayama shot himself in the foot.

i don't see why isayama cannot extend the final one or just put a couple more,im pretty sure kodnasha won't refuse.

but no he'll put a 45 page final chapter while explaining 0 shit the past chapters

we spent 5 chapters of nothing but the alliance circlejerking around the founding titan with no stakes

also if falco is indeed the one who turned them (look at the scream effect) then its going to some asspull. probably some asspull how he got zeke blood from the wine

edit:also i hope they explain how they knew eren would be in the mouth
Sad7727Mar 5, 2021 12:04 PM
Mar 5, 2021 11:59 AM
Dec 2019
Niggas complaining about Eren's character being destroyed like Isayama didn't destroy all that he built to this point and left many answered questions, in a way that says "Fuck you all"

My ass been here since waiting for why Grisha still fed himself to Eren despite him saying he's against Eren's actions or why he told Zeke everything will go according to Eren's will. Hell we still don't know anything about Historia nor why the fuck were the past shifters with Armin, hell even had control over their Titans. This ain't just about the end, the series is garbage if the chapter is what it is.
Mar 5, 2021 12:01 PM

Jan 2009
HeyHeyHey_10 said:
deg said:

Mikasa was having a headache she is not schizophrenic but might be Eren inserted some false images or memories into her head
She is an Ackerman, the founding titan powers don't work in them

i already explained this to the other user just follow my conversation with him on other posts but hint "the see you later Eren" was said during chapter 1 was also said by Mikasa here in this chapter
Mar 5, 2021 12:01 PM
Nov 2016
armchair3 said:
This chapter is implying that if Mikasa confessed Eren would let everyone die. Someone defend this bullshit. Quick
The moral of the story is that you have to confess or your crush is going to commit genocide lmao
Mar 5, 2021 12:05 PM
Mar 2021
HeyHeyHey_10 said:
armchair3 said:
The moral of the story is that you have to confess or your crush is going to commit genocide lmao

He was scared of doing the genocide. You people really need to wait for the full translation before posting stupid stuff and making a fool out of yourselves.
KIERO360Mar 5, 2021 12:12 PM
Pages (23) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1874 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 22, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 13 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - May 15, 2011

21 by Steekira »»
Mar 27, 8:35 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

keragamming - Oct 6, 2015

132 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 17, 4:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.