Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
So I'm a Spider, So What? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 5, 2021 9:53 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Things are more clear now thanks to this episode, so Kumoko's spider storyline is actually 15 years before the human's one hmm and I guess that now she's the demon lord in that group, but on the other hand, it's quite weird, I don't really know I think we can expect something else or a twist from this show.
That whole thing with the administrator was also interesting, and the phone call was pretty fun xD
And also RIP Julius
Mar 5, 2021 9:55 AM

May 2015
I love reading all these Anime only theories,
Mar 5, 2021 10:04 AM

May 2009
Zefyris said:
:')
well yeah, not the least visible way to put it. Should have not made her talking tbh, several others didn't talk so they didn't have any mention in the cast list (4th and 6th leaders)

Imo, they shouldn't prevent this character from speaking.
Still, with how misleading things are with this series, it's not obvious if it's the true or not. (And it "wouldn't make sense" to be true considering what you learn at the very end of the previous episode. ^^)
DjidjiMar 5, 2021 11:19 AM
Mar 5, 2021 10:10 AM

Dec 2013
Oh wow, Yuuki, Hayami, Sumire and Yuuichirou all in the same show, it keeps getting better every episode.

One complaint I have is that I guess the show wants to make me care for the rest of the classmates on what is going to be a full on war but I couldn't give any less fucks about them, Kumoko can bathe on their blow for all I know.
Mar 5, 2021 10:14 AM

Feb 2018
Nayrahsetkum said:
Primo_Itoko said:

and yeah, Evil God D is voiced by Saori and Demon Lord is voiced by Sumire, it honestly makes sense, for one we never actually heard Kumoko's voice, only what she's thinking....

Didn't she talk with Administrator Guy and D? It was the same voice as her thought.

it wasn't, also the ending credits explicitly said D is voiced by Saori Hayami. Even without knowing japanese it's easy to see it's someone else, there's a bunch of Yuuki Aoi for all parallel minds and D's kanji is obviously different. It's on minute 23:06

edit: oooooh I get what you mean now, unfortunately spiders don't have the vocal cords to do that, the Administrator Guy was using telepathy or rather, after a few tries he used telepathy.
Primo_ItokoMar 5, 2021 11:03 AM
Mar 5, 2021 10:18 AM

Oct 2017
I hope she leaves this cave soon
Mar 5, 2021 10:19 AM

Jan 2021
Ashhk said:
Things are more clear now thanks to this episode, so Kumoko's spider storyline is actually 15 years before the human's one hmm and I guess that now she's the demon lord in that group, but on the other hand, it's quite weird, I don't really know I think we can expect something else or a twist from this show.
That whole thing with the administrator was also interesting, and the phone call was pretty fun xD
And also RIP Julius

There will be twists, a lot of them. The author knows what she's doing. There's a lot of hint drops here and there to purposely mislead people into obvious conclusions that are only revealed much later on.
Mar 5, 2021 10:21 AM

Mar 2017
I was really hoping to see the Hero's battle
Mar 5, 2021 10:29 AM

Feb 2018
Samways said:
I was really hoping to see the Hero's battle

You will, my friend, all in due time.
Mar 5, 2021 10:29 AM

Jun 2009
It's so great to see people's (anime only) reaction to this. Many still don't understand what's going on, and others think they finally understand but still got misled. Lol this is too good.
Mar 5, 2021 10:30 AM

May 2015
Chanbara said:
I hope she leaves this cave soon

At the rate they're going, it will most likely be the last episode this cour
Mar 5, 2021 10:30 AM

Jul 2014
Saori Hayami!!!!!!!!!!!! As soon as I heard her I couldn't help but smile xD... I'm such a fanboy lmao.

Now, so we finally have confirmation that both sides of the story occur years apart. God dammit, Julius, you had to leave with that big death flag xD.

Kumoko meets that dragon guy but there's a language barrier, which makes sense. But then administrator D shows up talking through a smartphone and claims to be an evil god who's not from that world huh... so much mystery, this is getting interesting.

And if that wasn't interesting enough, then we had that meeting with the demon lord. From what we have seen, the obvious guess would be to think that she is Kumoko but come on, she is not even voiced by Aoi Yuuki, in fact, if there is anyone voiced by her in that room it is the mysterious girl from the 10th corps.

Finally... Damn, the girl from the 2nd corps is so freaking hot!
Mar 5, 2021 10:36 AM

Mar 2015
Usoda, usoda ,usoda, usoda, usoda, usoda, usoda.
Mar 5, 2021 10:40 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Altter said:
Ashhk said:
And also RIP Julius

There will be twists, a lot of them. The author knows what she's doing. There's a lot of hint drops here and there to purposely mislead people into obvious conclusions that are only revealed much later on.
Yeah this is what I thought too, so I'm not trying to take for granted everything we can see right now, especially for Kumoko's storyline, maybe I'm wrong but I think that she's not the demon lord but probably someone else
Mar 5, 2021 11:05 AM
Sep 2008
Best episode so far
Mar 5, 2021 11:06 AM
Sep 2008
Man those light novel covers at the bottom of the page are such spoilers
Mar 5, 2021 11:12 AM

Apr 2020
So from what I gathered from this episode, the life of Kumoko when we see her in the cave/dungeon is 15 years before the events of what we see of the re-incarnated classmates? Can someone confirm without giving any big spoilers?
Mar 5, 2021 11:14 AM

Apr 2020
swordmaster2551 said:
Man those light novel covers at the bottom of the page are such spoilers

lmao I just saw.
The silver haired girl on those covers look like the silver haired girl wearing a hood that was sat around the demon lord table... interesting
Mar 5, 2021 11:42 AM

Dec 2015
I liked the episode. We watched the conclusion of the dragon fight and we learned more about the people behind the world. We got to meet the demon commanders and the Demon Lord herself. I did like how there were some people in the circle that questioned her power since she apparently showed up one day. It makes me wonder, what happened to the last demon lord? Also, that's one way to find out your loved one is dead, I felt bad for Slaine.
Mar 5, 2021 12:05 PM
Dec 2020
I’m very confused. So kumoko has been in the new world for 10 years? Or has time been skipping around and she arrived in the world before most of the reincarnated people? It is pointed out that her nest was burned down by humans 10 years prior and that earth dragon egg was found and it became the reincarnated earth dragon classmate?
Mar 5, 2021 12:20 PM

Feb 2017
lol Kumoko almost ate her classmate before she was even born, and though I got spoiled to the whole two times thing a long time ago the whole part of all of them being born into this world and having to grow up and kumoko story starting just as she is born is a pretty big hint on the first episodes.

Also on the whole loli demon lord being kumoko, what about this uncredited mysterious figure the camera keeps focusing on?
Mar 5, 2021 12:22 PM

Aug 2012
His brother is also from Japan? Or only he himself?
Mar 5, 2021 12:24 PM

Sep 2008
I was like many others rather confused or shall we say, mislead by the story.

Spoiler?

Regardless, good episode, I love it!
Mar 5, 2021 12:29 PM

May 2015
Jax_Off said:
I’m very confused. So kumoko has been in the new world for 10 years? Or has time been skipping around and she arrived in the world before most of the reincarnated people? It is pointed out that her nest was burned down by humans 10 years prior and that earth dragon egg was found and it became the reincarnated earth dragon classmate?

They all came into the world at the same time, remember it takes alot longer for a human to mature than a spider
Mar 5, 2021 12:40 PM
Dec 2020
billybub said:
Jax_Off said:

They all came into the world at the same time, remember it takes alot longer for a human to mature than a spider
So they have all been on the world for 10 years? Also, another thing I was confused about, were they born into the new world as babies then or were they reincarnated in existing proposals bodies? The relationships are not explained very well.
Mar 5, 2021 12:44 PM

May 2015
Yes they were all born at or around the same time as babies or in Kumoko and Fei's case eggs
Mar 5, 2021 1:07 PM

Jan 2013
billybub said:
Yes they were all born at or around the same time as babies or in Kumoko and Fei's case eggs

Except, they behave like they were high school students merely moments ago and were just recently whisked away to another world. Just like teenagers. Except, technically, they aren't teenagers mentally, as they have another 10 to 15 years of additional memories with another world. An old world wouldn't mean anything to them anymore. I don't remember people I've met 15 years ago. I don't remember people I've met a week ago. I don't remember the names of my colleagues at work, I only remember the faces.
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Mar 5, 2021 1:08 PM

Sep 2016
The 15 years difference was finally confirmed in the anime, thanks to the scarf. Neat.

Also more Kumoko and less annoying kids. Neato.

Can't wait for this to surpass the manga finally...
bruh
Mar 5, 2021 1:11 PM

Nov 2016
I can't speak isekai xD

Things are really picking up.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 5, 2021 1:16 PM

May 2015
FullyCharged said:
The 15 years difference was finally confirmed in the anime, thanks to the scarf. Neat.

Also more Kumoko and less annoying kids. Neato.

Can't wait for this to surpass the manga finally...

I gave up on the manga long ago just read the Lns, they're fantastic. And volume 11 s english version comes out on the 25th or 26th
Mar 5, 2021 1:18 PM

May 2015
beast_regards said:
billybub said:

Except, they behave like they were high school students merely moments ago and were just recently whisked away to another world. Just like teenagers. Except, technically, they aren't teenagers mentally, as they have another 10 to 15 years of additional memories with another world. An old world wouldn't mean anything to them anymore. I don't remember people I've met 15 years ago. I don't remember people I've met a week ago. I don't remember the names of my colleagues at work, I only remember the faces.

Im kinda lost on your point other than that you have poor memory
Mar 5, 2021 1:19 PM

Apr 2018
I love how she was like I CANT SPEAK ISEKAI LANGUAGE if there was one.

Damn his brother really died... because he got the Hero Title.
Mar 5, 2021 1:22 PM

May 2015
billybub said:
beast_regards said:

Im kinda lost on your point other than that you have poor memory

If you're asking how or why it is all the human characters are together and recognize one another there's a reason that just hasn't been revealed yet. Hint. you answered part of it in your own question
Mar 5, 2021 1:29 PM

Apr 2015
Kumoko kills a dragon, some dude teleports in cause one of his legions been killed, tries to strike a conversation with Kumoko. That language barrier and then summons a smartphone, that sure is going from 1 to 100 so damn quick XD

So this Administrator is interesting, voiced by the lovely Saori as well. This world seems to be all fun and games for her and she indeed gave Kumoko some interesting skills. I wanna know more about this "D".

Now we're getting somewhere. CGI aside, this was the most enjoyable episdoe so far. The story is starting to take a turn for the worst with the Demon Lord prepping for war. Speaking of that Demon Lord, she is fucking cute! Holy shit and she seems to be a spider as well. Interesting, especially considering that

So the Hero has died and passed on the title+skills to his little brother... So much for this so called hero, we saw him like 5 minutes max XD

Mar 5, 2021 1:29 PM

Jan 2020
Leo said:
So the Demon Lord really is Kumoko. There being two timelines makes sense now.

Not surprised that the Hero was killed off since it was hinted in the OP

If this is a confirmation, shouldn't it have the spoiler tag? If not, it's a good observation

Humans may have two eyes, but we can only see one thing
Don't use the scores to see an anime
ええい! なんでも やって やる
Mar 5, 2021 1:30 PM

Jan 2013
billybub said:
If you're asking how or why it is all the human characters are together and recognize one another there's a reason that just hasn't been revealed yet. Hint. you answered part of it in your own question

I might have problems with memory, true, but ...
Do you remember people from 15 years ago like it was yesterday?
Are you still friends with people you didn't see for 15 years?
Are you still bossed around by a teacher from high school?
Do you clearly recall events that happened 1 year ago?
Did you spend 15 years in another body living as a minor nobility in a fantasy world?

Mar 5, 2021 1:32 PM

May 2015
CeddyyBearr said:
Kumoko kills a dragon, some dude teleports in cause one of his legions been killed, tries to strike a conversation with Kumoko. That language barrier and then summons a smartphone, that sure is going from 1 to 100 so damn quick XD

So this Administrator is interesting, voiced by the lovely Saori as well. This world seems to be all fun and games for her and she indeed gave Kumoko some interesting skills. I wanna know more about this "D".

Now we're getting somewhere. CGI aside, this was the most enjoyable episdoe so far. The story is starting to take a turn for the worst with the Demon Lord prepping for war. Speaking of that Demon Lord, she is fucking cute! Holy shit and she seems to be a spider as well. Interesting, especially considering that

So the Hero has died and passed on the title+skills to his little brother... So much for this so called hero, we saw him like 5 minutes max XD

You never know he may show up in a flashback.
Mar 5, 2021 1:36 PM

May 2015
beast_regards said:
billybub said:

Did you spend 15 years in another body living as a minor nobility in a fantasy world?

1) yes when I run into them.
2) depends
3 Lol most have been dead for quite some time, There's a reason for this in the anime that hasnt been revealed yet
4) yes
5?????
billybubMar 5, 2021 1:40 PM
Mar 5, 2021 1:39 PM
Mar 2015
Instead of our spider dying the dragon died and brought the attention of Administrator D The Hero is dead at the hands of the Demon Lord
Mar 5, 2021 1:43 PM

Jan 2013
Leo said:
So the Demon Lord really is Kumoko. There being two timelines makes sense now.

Not surprised that the Hero was killed off since it was hinted in the OP

Aren't Kumoko and demon lord on cover on volume 6 of the manga?

billybub said:

1) yes when I run into them.
2) depends
3 Lol shes been dead for quite some time, There's a reason for this in the anime that hasnt been revealed yet
4) yes
5?????

15 years is a lot of time and a lot of things changed .., but, well, I'll take your word for it.
I would also ask if your friend from 1 year ago transformed into a dragon and you still recognize him.
Mar 5, 2021 1:44 PM

Feb 2020
beast_regards said:

Except, they behave like they were high school students merely moments ago and were just recently whisked away to another world. Just like teenagers. Except, technically, they aren't teenagers mentally, as they have another 10 to 15 years of additional memories with another world.

That's something that the novels touch and I hope we'll see on the anime soon enough.
Mar 5, 2021 1:47 PM

Mar 2016
beast_regards said:
billybub said:

if i suddenly died and reincarnated as a baby in another world with all my previous memories, i would find myself missing quite a bit of my old life even if the new one is nice and comfortable. if i suddenly met some folks who i was on friendly terms with in my past life, i think i would try to stick with them since they're all that's left of that life
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Mar 5, 2021 1:50 PM

Jan 2013
Rarkis said:
beast_regards said:

Except, they behave like they were high school students merely moments ago and were just recently whisked away to another world. Just like teenagers. Except, technically, they aren't teenagers mentally, as they have another 10 to 15 years of additional memories with another world.

That's something that the novels touch and I hope we'll see on the anime soon enough.

It justifies the personality, but only to a certain extent, as they are lot of different experiences from different societies involved, not to mention it doesn't explain the overall quality of their memories and mutual recognition past reincarnation. And if a Blue Charmander Girl (I refuse to call her a dragon) does have a clear memory of being a human and in school despite her experience in a new life has nothing to do with being a schoolgirl.
Mar 5, 2021 1:51 PM

Mar 2020
Looks like the two timelines have come to make sense now. Starting to get interesting!
Mar 5, 2021 1:54 PM

Feb 2011
Seems one of the reincarnates almost got eaten by their classmate before they were even born. If not, we may have had a spider x dragon survival story. Now that I think about it, if there was intent on saving a reincarnate, it's possible they didn't consider there being two inside the cave. Just glad they made it clear that the adaptation is a time split, so saying the MC is dead last episode isn't completely false; whether it be figuratively or reality. Looks like this will actually adapt far enough for her to reach the others. Can't say for sure since I've only read as far a the manga, and the manga isn't even half way caught up with the LN yet.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Mar 5, 2021 1:55 PM
Aug 2014
Demon lord finally appears. So nice character 10/10 :D I wanna se her more.
Mar 5, 2021 1:59 PM

Jan 2013
Aure0lin said:
if i suddenly died and reincarnated as a baby in another world with all my previous memories, i would find myself missing quite a bit of my old life even if the new one is nice and comfortable. if i suddenly met some folks who i was on friendly terms with in my past life, i think i would try to stick with them since they're all that's left of that life

It's hard to believe.
If I was born a baby in another world I would certainly miss the modern amenities, but I would have a lot of experience of being dismissed remembering it as a child's ravings, and after a 15 years I would have to be used to how the new world is out of sheer necessity. And even if I met the other people, and miraculously recognized them, I wouldn't be too keen to connect with them as they aren't bringing me any closer to get a flushing toilet or internet access or what have you.
Mar 5, 2021 2:01 PM

May 2015
beast_regards said:
Rarkis said:

It justifies the personality, but only to a certain extent, as they are lot of different experiences from different societies involved, not to mention it doesn't explain the overall quality of their memories and mutual recognition past reincarnation. And if a Blue Charmander Girl (I refuse to call her a dragon) does have a clear memory of being a human and in school despite her experience in a new life has nothing to do with being a schoolgirl.

Im really starting to get confused as to what is confusing you. Like I said there is a reason the human reincarnations and Fei know and recognize one another, and are all in the same place. It just hasnt been revealed yet, if you absolutely must know the answer here:
. They all have memories of their previous lives thats been established since ep1
Mar 5, 2021 2:10 PM

Jan 2013
billybub said:
Im really starting to get confused as to what is confusing you. Like I said there is a reason the human reincarnations and Fei know and recognize one another, and are all in the same place. It just hasnt been revealed yet, if you absolutely must know the answer here:
. They all have memories of their previous lives thats been established since ep1

I don't understand why you are confused about what is confusing me.
*shrug*
I suppose it is possible that I simply hate the characters anime expects me to relate with.
Mar 5, 2021 2:18 PM

May 2015
beast_regards said:
billybub said:

I don't understand why you are confused about what is confusing me.
*shrug*
I suppose it is possible that I simply hate the characters anime expects me to relate with.

Pretty sure nobody's expecting you to relate to them. They're secondary characters that just so happen to play a major part of the whole story. This isnt just about a spider leveling and without them there is no story
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» So there's no romance in there?

rishamr - Mar 25

12 by SwordBreaker36 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

365 by perfumegenius »»
Apr 15, 10:50 AM

» As a LN reader, it hurts that this probably won't get another season

NXT_2006 - Feb 15, 2023

14 by DonKhixote »»
Apr 5, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2021

162 by Ratris_Decision »»
Mar 7, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 8, 2021

331 by Ratris_Decision »»
Mar 5, 2:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.