Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 5, 2021 5:54 AM

Nov 2019
yup sister war arc is coming soon
Mar 5, 2021 6:18 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
So that was the big Ichika play that I’ve heard so much about, and honestly even after hearing why the author did it, I still think it is somewhat justified. It was a very sneaky and dirty move, throwing Miku under the bus essentially, one of my best girls lol, but I respect the play and she was far behind when it came to her quest for love, I felt bad for her and wanted her to make a big move, and this is what she chose. I don’t fully support it but Ichika still shares the number 1 spot with Miku for me. Can’t wait to see how this plays out.
Mar 5, 2021 7:30 AM

Apr 2018
Based Ichika. Everything can be achieved with enough effort.
Mar 5, 2021 7:36 AM
Apr 2019
This episode makes me want Nino and Fuutaro to end up together lol
Mar 5, 2021 7:47 AM
Dec 2020
What are you doing ichika😶💢
Mar 5, 2021 7:57 AM

Aug 2018
So let me talk two things in this ep

First is Ichika.

Its so sad that she did that out of desperation. I dont blame her she really likes futaro but the way she do it is so wrong.

Second is best girl NINO!!!!!!

OH BOI 3RD CONFESSION BABY
AND STRONGER APPROACHED COMPARED TO LAST TWO!
SHE'S SO BRAVE AND HONEST IN HER FEELINGS I WOULD MARRY THAT KIND OF GIRL FUTARO MY BOY OPEN YOUR EYES.

ALSO THAT PASTRY OUTFIT BY NINO, DAMN SHE'S SO PRETTY MY HEART EXPLODES AFTER SEEING THAT!!! I TOOK 100000 SCREENSHOTS EVERY SECONDS OF THAT. ALSO MY HEART GOT LITERALLY PIERCED WITH THAT NINO KISS AH MY HEART FAQ FUTARO WHAT A LUCKY GUY AF. WHO THE FAQ WILL NOT FALL IN LOVE IN THAT???!!!
AFTER THAT I'M LIKE " I'M DIE THANK YOU FOREVER ".

Overall a great ep because a lot of Nino scenes and that wonderful Nino flying kiss xD

NINO TRAIN GOING STRONG !
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Mar 5, 2021 8:08 AM

May 2016
Ichika did something wrong, and I'm sure she regrets it right away.
Mar 5, 2021 8:29 AM
Aug 2016
Oh boy here we go, the scene that makes Miku's cult go salt Lmao

IMO, Ichika was you're run of the mile vanilla Onee-san character archetype before, she instantly shoot up to 1st place along with Nino during this arc. Snake Ichika is best Ichika, people shit on Negi for assassinating her character, but I commend him for it, I know he was just salty about Ichigo 100% ending and basically took the winning girl from that manga and and made her clone in Ichika just to shit on her, but the way he executed it made it give the opposite effect, well for me at least.

So let me "white-knight" Ichika here for a bit. She threw her "blood and flesh" under the bus for a man she hasn't known for more than 6 moths, by hurting her flesh and blood's chance of winning over a man that she also hasn't known for more than 6 months. So if you wanna trivialize Ichika's reason for doing what she did then you should also trivialize what she did to Miku as it also involve the same thing. It's not like she trash talked her behind her back or tried to defame her character using her disguise, she just used it to confess to Fuutarou because she doesn't have the courage to say it to him face to face like Nino did, just like Miku couldn't do it. So why make a big deal of Ichika hurting her sister's chance of winning a guy she hasn't known for more than 6 month, while also downplaying the reason she did it for, which is to increase her own chance of winning the said guy? That's a bit hypocrite if you ask me.

And finally, hot damn Fuutarou can't catch a break from Nino's train of love, I actually didn't put Nino above Miku right away, they both were my #1 for a while, but Nino just kept pushing and pushing (like the scenes in this episode, and many future ones) until she won me over Miku entirely, what a fascinating character she is. #TeamNino FTW.

And Lol at the Director trashing Yotsuba scenes in favor of Nino, what a man of culture Lmao

Mar 5, 2021 8:43 AM
Feb 2021
Nino marry me please!!
Mar 5, 2021 9:35 AM

Dec 2013
So Nino got too cokcy being the first to confess but now she finally stopped taking it for granted, and I guess this is the bit Manga readers were talking so much about Ichika and why she was getting some hate.
Mar 5, 2021 10:28 AM

Feb 2015
Ichika practicing the dark arts.i liked her as a character, poor Miku.
Mar 5, 2021 10:54 AM

Jun 2020
Are they going to end this season now or what? I don't want this to drag on for another season. Just let someone win. Anyone. (Except Nino).
Mar 5, 2021 12:20 PM

Mar 2018
I feel like the Ichika scenes hit harder in the manga, both for this transformation and her beating Miku in test scores. I know that the manga art is amazing and hard to recreate, but still...

Side Note: NINOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOO she looks so beautiful in her working outfit, and she blew him a kiss and won't give up her love? perfection.

Mar 5, 2021 12:48 PM

May 2018

Everytime I look at this and ask myself , WTF. As a Miku fan, it hurts to see Ichika in disguise as Miku to say she supports them both.

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Mar 5, 2021 1:38 PM

May 2015
Oh no Ichika what the hell ?? Not cool, poor Miku...
Mar 5, 2021 3:19 PM

Jan 2016
Noooooo Ichika! That's so low! >.<

But this also gives Nino an even bigger advantage if she plays her cards well enough lol
THANKS SENPIEX
Mar 5, 2021 4:18 PM
Mar 2021
Oh noooooo. Ichika you didn’t have to do it, she’s a snake
Mar 5, 2021 4:25 PM

Oct 2018
Ichika damnnnnnnnn, that was dirty! Apart from that section, it was another nice episode showing Nino and her determination of wanting Fuutarou
Mar 5, 2021 5:45 PM

Jun 2019
already spotted the "All is fair in love and war" quote. Sure. That's the special whiteknight argument. You can just throw your flesh and blood under the bus for a guy you barely know for 6 months, while no freaking one forced you to just sit on your ass the whole time regarding your romance while everyone else honestly want to pursue their love. Because Miku certainly didn't buy her half-assed act of support all this time, that was evident.

Couldn’t have put it better myself. Hope this shuts up the Ichika white knights, but of course it won’t because people are blind to logic once their hearts on set on their personal best girl, lol...

ALL HAIL ICHIKA. Continue to stand behind her 😤
Mar 5, 2021 5:46 PM

Jun 2019
Potatoracer62 said:
Ichika damnnnnnnnn, that was dirty! Apart from that section, it was another nice episode showing Nino and her determination of wanting Fuutarou

Ichika still remains best of the best girls. No cap 😤
Mar 5, 2021 8:04 PM

Jan 2013
This will be impossible to have a good ending, they gotta make 5 ova where he stays with each one or a harem ending. Especially after getting attached to these characters, it's kinda hard to select only one, now i +/- like them all, but i do have to agree that Nino indeed been climbing the stairs, and she's doing it better than all of them.

I was honestly glad for Ichika but what she did, damn, that was tough, especially with all the opportunities that she had to confess to him, and now she does this? c'mon...
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 5, 2021 8:48 PM
Mar 2015
Good thing Fiutaro can tolerate these annoying girls
Mar 5, 2021 8:53 PM
Aug 2020
Lest be honest even if Futaro now knows that Ichika like him, he cant ignore nino's confession.
Mar 5, 2021 10:01 PM
Dec 2020
Love this show Nino looking sexy in her cooking clothes Ichika on the offensive it keeps in getting better. Also Yotsuba with less screen time also did someone kiss Fuu-Kun when he was leaving the resort.
Mar 5, 2021 10:32 PM

Jul 2016
I can't believe it. Ichika seriously threw one of her sisters (and that sister being goddamn Miku no less!) under the bus for a guy she knows for barely 6 months.
That was such a bitch move and the fact of screwing one of your sisters' chances with MC is simply too low for me to take it lightly. Seriously, couldn't the author think of something better to discard love suitors? Itsuki is basically a plot device with legs; Yotsuba is having less and less screentime and now Ichika's chances are practically gone because of this lame plot direction.

Goddamn I'm mad. Ichika was literally the only character alongside Miku I liked in season 1. YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE THE RELIABLE, COOL AND FLIRTY ONEE-SAN!

And oh God, I don't even wanna think of the potential misunderstandings this shit will cause...
SouthRzVaMar 5, 2021 10:36 PM
Mar 5, 2021 11:21 PM

Aug 2017
Nino is dominating now, very strong moves.

Miku second. Ichika falling behind and making desperate moves. Genki Yotsuba and glutton Itsuki are off the radar.

Crashmatt said:
Ichika practicing the dark arts.i liked her as a character, poor Miku.
Haha! Yep using forbidden jutsus

YosepRA said:
Not many people have mentioned this, but the episode showed (yet again) why Uesugi Fuutarou is a lot better than your usual harem protagonist.
Fu kun owns
CarbonMDMar 5, 2021 11:25 PM
Mar 6, 2021 1:36 AM

Mar 2014
Nino best again. I knew she would get this job because she is great in cooking and making cakes.
Mar 6, 2021 1:38 AM

Oct 2016
Nino Gang still an unstoppable train, let's fucking go. Prepare your buttcheeks Fu-kun. That flying kiss was so fucking good.

Great episode! But they skipped some important parts I think, I hope they're just saving it for later.

The snek has finally shown herself, Ichika playing mad dirty. Why she gotta do Miku like that. Really looking forward to the next episode.
Mar 6, 2021 4:44 AM
Jan 2021
Why Ichika impersonating Miku is hated so much whereas Miku gets a pass for impersonating Itsuki?

I understand what Ichika did was completely wrong and a low-blow to Miku and she deserves the hate. But I am genuinely curious that why didn’t anyone in the fan-base say a word against Miku when she impersonated Itsuki. Though I’m a Miku fan but what she did as Itsuki telling Futaro to quit, that could have had serious implications. Firstly Futaro must have disliked Itsuki initially because that came out of nowhere. And it could have affected their friendship as well and possibly leading to Futaro to quit as well. So what Miku did was quite wrong in itself. But you don’t hear anyone talking against her. Though she did make up for it apologizing to Itsuki

What Ichika did was way worse. But both the scenarios have some similarities. Miku told Futaro to quit as Itsuki because she couldn’t tell him as herself. Ichika did the same since she didn’t have the courage to confess as herself. Secondly, what Ichika did can be explained in the heat of matter, It was not something pre-planned or she wanted to do but the situation caused her to do so, same with Miku. And I understand Ichika was being selfish here only caring for herself and downplaying Miku, but Miku too was only thinking of herself when telling Futaro to quit and might have downplayed Itsuki as well.

So both the situations can be considered somewhat the same but why is the reaction for Ichika much greater than for Miku?
Mar 6, 2021 9:08 AM

May 2018

Oh, Ichika why would you lie to futaro?
Mar 6, 2021 1:10 PM

Mar 2017
That was a dirty move, Ichika. She's definitely gonna regret doing that cause it's most certainly gonna backfire at some point. I get that she wants to be special to Futaro but she's screwed over Miku to do it and that's just so wrong.

I'm loving Nino's direct approach with those bold flirty moves! I think it's cool that she doesn't actually want Futaro to answer her confession yet, but for him to get to know her more. As she said; she's been pretty mean to him so it's only fair that he gets to know the real her first.
Mar 6, 2021 1:53 PM
Nov 2020
Judgment526 said:
I’m surprised there are even people who can still call Ichika best girl after this episode smh...she literally lied and undermined her own sister instead of playing up her own appeal like everyone else who’s seriously competing for Fuutarou.

That’s dirty af...

I know right, I mean, I considered Ichika 2nd best girl(losing just for a lil bit to Miku, but that's because of my weird fetish for her character), but with this I don't think I'll do that anymore. That was so wrong and it's bothering me af.
Mar 6, 2021 6:43 PM

Apr 2020
I didn't expect Ichika to disguise herself as Miku and say "Ichika loves you" to Uesugi ...
Mar 6, 2021 7:15 PM
Jan 2020
All the girls like Futaro now and its surprising to see that Nino has gone all out… Ichika’s movie was a hit and we saw that she wanted to spend more time with Futaro. The step she took this episode was very bad, she dressed up as Miku and said that Ichika likes Futaro, which he could not distinguish for obvious reasons. There is a big misunderstanding coming up in the later episodes.
Mar 6, 2021 10:39 PM

May 2020
I liked all five of them, but damn Ichika, what did you just do? Why?
Mar 6, 2021 11:11 PM

Jul 2020
Pov: you made miku severely depressed

Mar 7, 2021 3:02 AM
Jun 2019
ShiroNoFune said:
That was god damn low, Ichika, yikes

Ichika is still my favourite girl. But this is the drama that is needed to give the anime some spice. Its gonna be really boring if there weren't any at all. Plus the plot right now is gonna make people hate ichika which in all honesty wasn't her fault, it was the plot's fault. Thus finishing the manga a while back as well i was quite shocked. But i still love her a lot besides miku ofc...
Mar 7, 2021 3:39 AM
Oct 2019
Damn it they didn't show who that was... Another teasing....

Oh Ichika why you have to disguise like that....
You did my Miku dirty....
Mar 7, 2021 6:46 AM
May 2018
Why did ichika did that? Wow
Mar 7, 2021 12:18 PM

May 2020
That was low from Ichika but hey I get her reason, everyone is getting closer to him and she feels like she's left alone
Mar 7, 2021 1:13 PM

Feb 2008
Now that was underhanded, Ichika.

Even posing as Miku, possibly the most sincere quintuplet. I feel really bad for Miku, she definitely did not deserve that.
Mar 7, 2021 1:18 PM

Feb 2019
Dragevard said:
Anime looking to be very rushed. This arc will be the final arc of the season it seems. Just crossing my fingers that they switch up the winner

Mar 7, 2021 4:37 PM

Jan 2019
Seeing as Futaro is getting better (I think) at differentiating them, I wonder if he'll catch on the fact Ichika posed as Miku. If Miku knows about this, oof.
Mar 7, 2021 7:46 PM
Jun 2017
God i cannot choose between Ichika and Nino
Mar 7, 2021 7:52 PM

Jul 2012
I gotta say I didn't really like Nino in the first season, but she's growing so fast on me that she's becoming my favorite.
And she looked really cute wearing that uniform!

I'm seeing what people were saying about Ichika, that last scene was really not cool.

Also, why does that Takeda guy exudes so much Pariston energy?
Mar 7, 2021 9:19 PM

Jun 2020
Not gonna lie, didn't really like Nino season one but she is beginning to become my favorite as the series progresses.

Also, Ichika. Why? Although, I respect that you're doing everything you can to win his heart...that last scene was a straight-up bitch move. Not cool.
They should rename her name to Bitchika, it's more fitting. Just kidding.

Now, the question is will Fuutarou be able to see through Ichika's disguise? Probably not but we will see the next episode.

Edit: I just notice that the person above me has almost the exact same first sentence as me. I swear I didn't try to copy him, it was like the first thing that came to mind.
G_ExcelMar 7, 2021 10:00 PM
Mar 7, 2021 10:28 PM
Feb 2012
I'm gutted to see Ichika, who was by far my favorite in season 1, reach such despicable lows... That was a big yikes imo, wow.

As a character she's amazing, but as a person, Ichika is really disapointing after this episode...
Mar 7, 2021 11:13 PM
Oct 2020
Guys I thing miku is gonna be pissed on the next episode since Ichika did what she did
Tho I can understand why she did it, is because he didn't even notice her so taking action before it's too late was the best option
Mar 8, 2021 12:13 AM

Oct 2008
These quintuplet girls has acquired a skill along the way: immediate change disguise look-a-like make shift! lolz
5/5.

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

AZY-sama - Jan 28, 2021

132 by Sporecraft »»
Apr 13, 3:02 PM

» 2 year later and I still don't understand the miku hype

PointlessSmith - Apr 5, 2021

31 by 7samy »»
Mar 5, 2:43 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jan 21, 2021

143 by Yawuz_707 »»
Feb 16, 1:32 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Mar 25, 2021

260 by Henk-Devries »»
Feb 13, 5:11 PM

» People are sleeping on best girl Itsuki

Helshiki - Nov 3, 2021

31 by DiamSilver »»
Feb 10, 9:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.