Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 11, 2021 5:40 AM

Oct 2016
DANG the Mika SABOTAGE in this episode was insane to see, story is truly starting to get spicy!

Also RIP anyone who isn’t a Miku or Nino fan XP
Mar 11, 2021 5:59 AM

May 2018
ahasan1102 said:
Why Ichika impersonating Miku is hated so much whereas Miku gets a pass for impersonating Itsuki?

I understand what Ichika did was completely wrong and a low-blow to Miku and she deserves the hate. But I am genuinely curious that why didn’t anyone in the fan-base say a word against Miku when she impersonated Itsuki. Though I’m a Miku fan but what she did as Itsuki telling Futaro to quit, that could have had serious implications. Firstly Futaro must have disliked Itsuki initially because that came out of nowhere. And it could have affected their friendship as well and possibly leading to Futaro to quit as well. So what Miku did was quite wrong in itself. But you don’t hear anyone talking against her. Though she did make up for it apologizing to Itsuki

What Ichika did was way worse. But both the scenarios have some similarities. Miku told Futaro to quit as Itsuki because she couldn’t tell him as herself. Ichika did the same since she didn’t have the courage to confess as herself. Secondly, what Ichika did can be explained in the heat of matter, It was not something pre-planned or she wanted to do but the situation caused her to do so, same with Miku. And I understand Ichika was being selfish here only caring for herself and downplaying Miku, but Miku too was only thinking of herself when telling Futaro to quit and might have downplayed Itsuki as well.

So both the situations can be considered somewhat the same but why is the reaction for Ichika much greater than for Miku?

Let me explain, you misunderstood when Miku disguised as Itsuk to inform Fu-Kun to quit being a tutor. She said that to Fu- Kun because she has a crush and knows Ichika feels the same (not sure about other girls of the time). Miku knows Fu-Kun is a thickhead when it comes to romance as there was hints from previous episodes and that she does not want a tutor/student relationship but romance one.

Here comes the Ichika part which I will explain why she is hated. She is not hated of disgusiing as Miku. If Ichika disguised as Miku and said "Ichika likes you" then I am not really that bothered as much,maybe a tiny bit. The biggest problem is Ichika disguised as Miku said "Ichika likes you and I support both of you". That is just playing dirty and used Miku as a stepping stone to increases the chances of Ichika x Fu-Kun relationship. Fu-Kun may have some feelings for Miku but now that Ichika said that, he will assume Miku didnt have a crush for him and sees Miku as a support for their relationship. Can you imagine if Ichika done that for the other girls, then its just a matter of Ichika being the only option and Fu-Kun which increases her chance. I hope you undestand as it was something that has frustrated me after watching episode 9.

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Mar 11, 2021 1:50 PM
Jan 2017
Here comes the Ichika part which I will explain why she is hated. She is not hated of disgusiing as Miku. If Ichika disguised as Miku and said "Ichika likes you" then I am not really that bothered as much,maybe a tiny bit. The biggest problem is Ichika disguised as Miku said "Ichika likes you and I support both of you". That is just playing dirty and used Miku as a stepping stone to increases the chances of Ichika x Fu-Kun relationship. Fu-Kun may have some feelings for Miku but now that Ichika said that, he will assume Miku didnt have a crush for him and sees Miku as a support for their relationship. Can you imagine if Ichika done that for the other girls, then its just a matter of Ichika being the only option and Fu-Kun which increases her chance. I hope you undestand as it was something that has frustrated me after watching episode 9.

Why would any of this even matter? If Futaru actually liked her he would just confess to her himself. It shouldn't matter what girls confess to him. Futarou is the MAN, therefore it is HIS job to confess to anyone he likes, not the sisters.
the_KrsdMar 11, 2021 1:57 PM
Mar 11, 2021 1:54 PM
Jan 2017
Hot take: Futaru is a fuckhead that doesn't deserve ANY of them. We have no reason to give a fuck about this guy or his love life and all of the girls should just move on from their pathetic crush and move on to someone that is actually a quality male. The idiot didn't even have the ring on him in the wedding because he is just that much of a fuckup.
Mar 11, 2021 2:39 PM

May 2018
@the_Krsd, As of episode 9, all the girls are rushing to win Fu-Kun's heart.All girls was playing fair and square until Ichika played it dirty as I mentioned above to why she is hated for the last scene. I understand what you mean but that is typical generic shounen,rom-com,harem character for you. the generic male MC is usually thickheaded and does not know when a girl has a crush on him/not. This is why the girls are stepping up the game instead.

The only one Fu-Kun will confess is the girl of his childhood. I have not read the manga but thats the most likely case. Since you can tell from season 1 ending scene. If we had a sensible male MC and he can tell which girl likes him then the series would of ended in 1 season or earlier. That being said, I like Fu-Kun , he is still a better Male MC than 80% of the similar type of characters from similar genre series. Examples: Ichika from Infinite Stratos & Kazuya from Rental Girlfriend.

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Mar 22, 2021 8:33 PM

Feb 2020
Bruh.... Ichika just cucked Miku so hard

Kyoto Animation rocks
Mar 23, 2021 8:57 AM
Jul 2019
And here's the part where people started Ichika. But I don't care. All is fair in love and war. Sure that was underhanded but can you blame her? Everyone has something they're good at and Ichika is an expert in this kind of thing. She took advantage of Miku's inability to confess to Fuutaro and used it against her. Ichika is by far one of the most interesting characters among the quints.

I don't hate that she cucked Miku and threw her under the bus, no. What I don't like is how this is slowly destroying the relationship that they tried to protect. They promised to always be together and never broke it. Ichika even insisted on paying for the rent herself so they don't have to. She cheered Miku on... and immediately destroyed it. As a character she's great but as a person, I don't know.
Mar 23, 2021 1:17 PM

Aug 2013
Nino and Miku rivalry is getting stronger.

Ichika at the end :o... this was the thing I hated the most in the manga. The author treated Ichika unfairly imo.

Mar 25, 2021 8:04 PM

Jan 2019
I guess Ichika really took all that advice to heart, she's going what she wants and apparently that's playing damn dirty by pretending to be Miku- especially given that last comment of "I'm rooting for you two."

I imagine we'll see some conflict like never before once this gets out. Consider me hooked!
Mar 27, 2021 2:01 AM

May 2015
And then girls wonder why are some men insecure
Poor Futarou, my man has to do well in school, has a part time job, teaches 5 sisters who he appreciates them like a big brother, and suddenly finds out they all have feelings for him
So much stress, I'd be going insane in his shoes
Mar 28, 2021 2:40 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Yeah? Are we really doing this right now? This ought to steer a loot of drama between the sisters. Also, what the hell Nino leading the competition she's jumping him casually in public.
Apr 2, 2021 2:13 PM
May 2020
don't hate the player, hate the game
Apr 5, 2021 9:25 PM
Oct 2019
i think this is a good show. it's kind of cute and nostalgic. but it's also making me impatient. i know the plot is advancing. the girls are getting jobs. they've moved into their own place. their confessing to fu-kun. but for some reason it seems like it's in slo-motion at the same time. maybe it's just a little repetitive now? idk. but it's like we have to watch the same story play out 4-5 times because we have to see it through the eyes of each individual sister
Apr 11, 2021 2:23 PM

Apr 2017
ichika was always my fav thus far, prolly because of my obsession with short hair but well. Anyway i really didn't like what she pulled in the end. using miku's disguise like that was low and a step back for her charac in my opinion.
Apr 13, 2021 2:57 AM

Sep 2012
Samox said:
ichika was always my fav thus far, prolly because of my obsession with short hair but well. Anyway i really didn't like what she pulled in the end. using miku's disguise like that was low and a step back for her charac in my opinion.

Ichika is 2cowardly, easier to confess as some1 else
Apr 22, 2021 2:26 PM

Feb 2017
ICHIKA YOU DIRTY BITCH
𝘼 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙡 𝙙𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙖 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙗𝙤𝙙𝙮
May 30, 2021 6:49 AM

Dec 2013
Fuutaro has become an expert on the quintupletts! Not really but at least he's better than most of his classmates.

I usually really like Ichika but that last move was just disgusting. WTF.
Jun 10, 2021 3:47 AM
Jul 2019
I can't believe all the girls confess their love 😖🥺💗
to be honest I don't really like how Ichika did it
Jun 21, 2021 3:11 AM
Jun 2020
Lmao, I picked Ichika back in season 1 because she was the most mature and first to acknowledge her feelings be fine knowing what she wants instead denseness from the others. But she does make the underhanded plan and though I did think that she wasn’t going win just because she seemed to me to be the most competent with dealing with rejection from a narrative standpoint… I can see this direction leading to Ichika not even getting a chance at Fuutaro anymore. It’s was a valiant effort but I don’t think this decision will help her in the long run. It sucks but I did expect it but I didn’t expect the ship to go out like this. She’s still my fave but honestly Nino is acting more mature than Ichika now and I think I’ll be going to her side once Ichika’s time is up
Jul 12, 2021 12:44 PM

Aug 2017
Ichika is lying just to win? That's bad. If Miku found out it could ruin their relationship.
Aug 6, 2021 1:55 AM

Jan 2021
That Ichika scene just explained why everyone hates her...
That was so cheap and cowardly of her, I mean if you wish for so much don't be a fucking coward then, god.
She has been since the beginning my least favorite because she is doing too much that is unneeded instead of just having fun and enjoying the moment she overthinks it which is annoying, also nothing out of her seemed sincere to me.

ITSUKI
NINO
MIKU
YOTSUBA

ICHIKA

ThochuAug 6, 2021 1:58 AM
Nov 29, 2021 10:13 PM

Jun 2020
Off to a new year for them and Ichika planned to split the rent I mean it's fair right since they live in the same house

I like this focus on the episode starting with Ichika and then Nino, Miku, But the most that shined this episode is Nino and Ichika like they deserve the attention from Futaro

They're all making one step closer to Futaro and Futaro is defenseless against the five of them mostly Ichika and Nino this episode.

( Love ya'll screenshots of Nino and Miku, not enough Ichika though )
Dec 1, 2021 7:50 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yeah, this is the moment. While i am glad seeing all the advance Nino had during those time alone with Fuutarou (she even successfully making him red like that and pretty much did an embarassment move. Then what about that lip close-up frame? More advance for Nino toward the race of quintuplets winning his heart!).

But, damn, moment of truth for Ichika too. Under the dejavu setting, she couldn't hold back anymore, and using such a slick move to convey her feeling. Still, i am not forget about the fact that she's actually so clumsy, and pretty much shy, just like the same level as Miku. The different take was her, able to force herself to step into the mature way. But unfortunately, its can't happening when its talked about the love matter. Justification, over my pity queen situation. Hopefully there's a better resolve for those move. I feel like its about time to put an end to the story of Ichika, the great liar, the master of disguised. Oh well, lets see next....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 24, 2021 2:04 AM
Jun 2020
Man, why would Ichika sabatoge best girl Miku like that? She must be reeeeeeally desperate.
Feb 5, 2022 7:13 AM

Feb 2019
Man, it's really heating up. I can't believe what Ichika did though. This is more than all's fair in love and war, since this is her sister. That was quite unfair what she did. Her spot on my ranking list is still the same, but I wish she hadn't done that.

What really shocked this episode was how Nino was awesome. She changed her spot in my list lol that blown kiss was really cute and foxy.

Also, Itsuki being a secret food reviewer was hilarious.

My list right now would be:
1. Itsuki
2. Ichika
3. Nino
4. Miku
5. Yotsuba
Jun 6, 2022 8:19 AM

Apr 2015
No... X( Ichika was probably my favourite but her doing that is so scummy, it's breaking my heart x)
Jun 8, 2022 8:49 AM
Jun 2022
Personally it felt distasteful that Nino pretty much push the issue into a place he can't do anything about and eventhough she knows he doesn't know how to handle that she doubled down, I would just feel extremely unconfortable. Will never understand what makes her the best for some people so i'll just leave it up to different factors of interest.

Ichika was never a type of personality I liked to see as she went from easy-going to full blown backstabbing.

Miku is fighting how she can and went out of her confort zone to learn to cook. Still effort is only a part of a relationship.

Miku still the best character with 2 seasons of actual meaningful development.
blacknemesistJun 8, 2022 8:59 AM
Jun 8, 2022 8:57 AM
Jun 2022
Kojo127 said:
Man, why would Ichika sabatoge best girl Miku like that? She must be reeeeeeally desperate.

After supporting Miku this was even a bigger stab in the back.
Miku is just too precious, naive and honest, anything coming from her would essencially be true. In the last episode this becomes even more evident
Jun 25, 2022 3:39 PM

Sep 2011
That flying kiss really caught me off guard.

Jul 28, 2022 6:53 AM

Jun 2021
Ichika is making a move wooow
I am slowly becoming a Nino Fanboy though, its nice how she handles the Situation and speaks about her Feelings
Now i am just waiting for Itsuki to Fall in love with Futaro, that would change so much.
Jul 28, 2022 6:53 AM

Jun 2021
Ninoand Ichika being so bold Lol.
Aug 13, 2022 9:59 PM

Nov 2010
Nino is lightyears ahead at this point. I believe she's the first one to deal a dent on Fuutarou. I've never seen him blush that much. hehe

Hmm, that was an ass move by Ichika. Hopefully, it will not affect Miku's effort. She's been working so hard since S1. She's way too slow though.
Oct 12, 2022 10:44 PM
Jun 2020
Nino kiss.gif sauce
Oct 22, 2022 2:08 AM
Jan 2021
Ichika best girl... Alongside nino
Nov 4, 2022 4:50 AM

Apr 2020
ichika getting unnecessary hate
Nov 7, 2022 5:39 AM

Jul 2016
"Utterly tacky hairpin" lmao

Nino and Miku saying "pick me" while looking directly at the screen felt meta in a way. Sort of helps that Nino really made herself shine in this one.

It's low but weirdly hype how Ichika's resorted to weaponizing their disguises. It really is every quint for herself now.
Jan 13, 2023 7:48 PM
Jan 2019
This episode was WILD!! It finally sank in how they'd make you believe that Futaro could end up with any of the girls. I did NOT expect Ichika to become the heel! This was probably the start of the intense train of feels and plot developments that hasn't let up since, and I'm loving it! Gotta admit, I was pretty meh on the 1st season of this show. I wasn't really expecting much from season 2 but wooooooooooow
Jan 27, 2023 8:05 AM

Apr 2013
Second half of this show is much more fun than the first one, feels more like season 1 now. Even though I still don't like Nino, I gotta commend her for her honesty to Futaro. But Ichika... how can you speak for Miku like that, this will surely lead to no good development O_O
Feb 26, 2023 1:07 AM

Aug 2018
Yes, Ichika will also go on the offensive...damn.
And so the new classes began.
Feb 27, 2023 6:42 PM

Jul 2022
Wow, what an episode! Nino had slowly been growing on me this season and then Ichika goes full villain mode at the end, so now my entire rankings are in flux. I have no idea how this is going to turn out but I'm enjoying it a ton.
Feb 28, 2023 4:54 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
the strategies are already unimaginable!!!

Futaro needs a marriage counselor!!! kekeke
Jun 13, 2023 6:08 PM
Mar 2023
bom deimais adorei v2
Jun 14, 2023 7:55 PM
Dec 2018
DEVIOUS, ABSOLUTELY DEVIOUS.
Jun 21, 2023 6:18 PM
Apr 2023
Confusing but good
Jul 31, 2023 12:21 AM

Jun 2021
Damn, this was a full rollercoaster ride, the kind that i'm too afraid to get on at theme parks. The first day of school year with the quintuplets being already a show and creating more misunderstandings with people unable to tell them apart was already amusing. And then, Nino attacking full front at her new job, May obviously being Itsuki by recognizing the obvious silhouette when she was introduced, Ichika not restraining herself to some bland glasses disguise but having at hand the full Miku cosplay kit... and actually using it to play dirty at the very end. "Not great."
Oct 7, 2023 11:13 AM

Oct 2020
Ichika as the eldest sister, did everything she could to carry all 4 on her shoulders.
She held back as much as she could, she laughed, she cried, she understood the consequences but she couldn't move on,, but It's very much Understandable, you cannot just let things happen, she tried hr best to bury her feelings deep inside,, but she couldn't.

She love him, she love him, all she wants now Is Him and only Him, nobody else.
She is just being torn apart by this feeling of pain and uncertainty.

She had more burden than the others. She needed to release it sometime.
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Oct 7, 2023 11:14 AM

Oct 2020
Reply to _untitled
Damn, this was a full rollercoaster ride, the kind that i'm too afraid to get on at theme parks. The first day of school year with the quintuplets being already a show and creating more misunderstandings with people unable to tell them apart was already amusing. And then, Nino attacking full front at her new job, May obviously being Itsuki by recognizing the obvious silhouette when she was introduced, Ichika not restraining herself to some bland glasses disguise but having at hand the full Miku cosplay kit... and actually using it to play dirty at the very end. "Not great."
@_untitled it's not playing dirty if you actually try to understand how much burden Ichika had been talking all over her shoulder since the very beginning.

She just couldn't. Not her fault. It's not easy for everyone to bury their feelings deep inside and let the surrounding take advantage of it.
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

AZY-sama - Jan 28, 2021

132 by Sporecraft »»
Apr 13, 3:02 PM

» 2 year later and I still don't understand the miku hype

PointlessSmith - Apr 5, 2021

31 by 7samy »»
Mar 5, 2:43 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jan 21, 2021

143 by Yawuz_707 »»
Feb 16, 1:32 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome ∬ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Mar 25, 2021

260 by Henk-Devries »»
Feb 13, 5:11 PM

» People are sleeping on best girl Itsuki

Helshiki - Nov 3, 2021

31 by DiamSilver »»
Feb 10, 9:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.