Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 4, 2021 1:16 PM
Sep 2015
OG_Gattsu said:
What I didn’t like:

Emma’s magical fast travel to stop Norman. The group was days away and you expect me to believe Emma and Co. saw what was happening and got their in a few hours? (being generous)

Yeah, I thought that was unrealistic too, but hey horse is fast, I guess?
Mar 4, 2021 1:18 PM

Mar 2017
It was interesting to see Norman's past because it makes everything he's doing make sense; whilst Emma & Ray have the hope that humans will help them (like Minerva) Norman has seen that humans are just as much their enemy as the demons so he's turned to some desperate measures.
Mar 4, 2021 1:27 PM

Apr 2020
goddammit why did this season have to suck so bad... the attack on the demon town this episode was phenomenal... why couldn't it all be this good.
Mar 4, 2021 1:37 PM
Oct 2018
Literally, Norman give up everthing who he belive, just to a demon called Emma...

Seriously?
Mar 4, 2021 1:40 PM
Aug 2020
This episode really said: ~trauma~
Mar 4, 2021 1:45 PM

Jun 2019
Arguably the best episode this season. Aside from some pacing issues with 4 days quickly passing and Norman’s flashback not explaining very much, this episode was pretty engaging. Seeing the empathetic side of the demons while their own kind was degenerating along with Norman’s conviction wavering because of it was a good idea.
Mar 4, 2021 2:02 PM

Jul 2015
Ardis160 said:
Actually not that bad of an episode, which is surprising.
Probably the best one since EP2

Totally agree, it had some good moments.
I am sleepy
Mar 4, 2021 2:09 PM

Jul 2015
JokerVentura said:
The minute the demon-grandchild's name was revealed I knew this moment was coming........

Ikr I can't get over it
I am sleepy
Mar 4, 2021 2:37 PM

May 2018
Another meh episode. Norman is broken all right
Mar 4, 2021 2:44 PM

Jul 2013
Really great episode. Norman as the focus is more exciting somehow.

I liked seeing his time in Lambda and how he escaped. The notes exchange to Vincent via the Rubix Cube was smart.

"I will gladly become a god or devil, Emma" - Norman is badass though it's also tragic that he felt that he needed to shoulder everything.

I didn't expect the little demon girl to have the name Emma. The scene with the demon Emma and the grandfather then child!Norman (from Emma's POV) was sooo sad ;_;
Mar 4, 2021 3:08 PM
Dec 2020
if all episodes were like this...
Genuinely a very good episode probably the best of season 2.
Mar 4, 2021 3:11 PM

Nov 2013
LoL I was incredibly disappointed by this episode, yet it seems people love it?! What's with people and their love for EDGY characters?
Mar 4, 2021 3:22 PM

May 2012
So they did include Norman's backstory... and also include Peter Ratri. Since there's no Queen or the reality warping god, I guess Ratri and Isabella will be the focus for the final episodes.

Now with the invasion in the capital, The Promised Neverland seems to really be ending this season in three more episodes. There's not going to be a season 3.
Mar 4, 2021 3:23 PM

Feb 2021
OG_Gattsu said:
Rejoice anime watchers, I do not hate this episode!

The anime original scenes e.g. the massacre at the demon town was good. When Norman turned and Emma’s perception is child Norman was cool. The soundtracks during the massacre elevated the unsettling feeling of demons overloading & eating each other.

The anime made the demons more sympathetic and Norman conflicted with his decision to kill the demons, whereas manga Norman poisoned most of the town no hesitation.

Note: Manga Norman is older and he weren’t there when he poisoned the demon town because it was only a was a diversion to his main objective. I doubt the anime will mention
since there’s only three episodes left.

What I didn’t like:

Norman and gang’s time at Lamba was rushed.

Emma’s magical fast travel to stop Norman. The group was days away and you expect me to believe Emma and Co. saw what was happening and got their in a few hours? (being generous)

The demon girl being named Emma. I get what the writers was going for but it’s too on the nose like Martha in BvS.

They already did mention the royals, or at least the nobles in episode 5, very briefly and you might miss it, but still
Mar 4, 2021 3:29 PM

Dec 2020
finally some sort of flashback..

definitely better than the last few episodes
ngl the ost slapped

damn the season's almost over tho
"give up on your dream and die" -levi ackermann
Mar 4, 2021 3:31 PM

Jun 2017
Looks like the anime reached a new low, they cut the nobles and the queen. (it was my last hope for having a half decent fight in the anime...)

spaesu said:
damn this episode was absolutely amazing, best episode this season by far. they finally found sonju and mujika but it was too late... looks like norman finally realized the weight of his decisions. that scene with the girl and the grandpa demon was really sad, wonder whatll happen now.

also, norman looked really badass in this scene ngl

Fun fact, that moment had an extremely amazing panel in the manga.

Mar 4, 2021 3:39 PM

May 2012
Promised Neverland going to be the only anime ever to go through over 140 chapters worth of content in 11 episodes. Dats crazy.
Mar 4, 2021 4:14 PM

Aug 2019
Decent episode. However, ham-fisted it was, at least we got a little more of Norman's backstory and his time at Lambda, instead of another exposition-fest.

The Emma demon scene was ridiculous though. He's spent years wanting this sort of moment to come to pass as he eradicated the demons and exacts revenge, and makes peace with the fact that Emma won't be happy but moves forward anyway, can suddenly get thrown off by the mere mention of her name.

It's a real shame this wasn't at least 2-cour instead of one. Then at least things would get fleshed out a little more. It still feels like Cloverworks are speed-running this.
Mar 4, 2021 4:31 PM

Dec 2014
Pretty good episode, though I wish we got some more detail in Norman's backstory. They introduced a character but we really don't even know who he is or what he wants to do, sounds like they just glazed over everything cause they are constraint on time and want to end the anime this season.

The massacre/experiment was really well done. Norman hesitating was really well done too, deep down he's a kind guy. :(
Mar 4, 2021 4:33 PM
Dec 2019
Emma is too naive. She must die
Mar 4, 2021 4:36 PM
Dec 2020
KaiserVonGogureo said:
Also, seeing the cgi demon again attacking the kids just made me laugh so hard, it's such a terrible, terrible looking thing you just have to laugh
I would love to see you trying to animate it lol
Mar 4, 2021 5:05 PM

Aug 2016
god, this is infuriating. not because the episode was bad, since despite being a flawed in some areas, it was probably the best thing so far this season, but because how much of a great reward it would have been if it didnt rushed the previous arcs and created a much better build up. TPN had a chance to improve everything in the manga.
:v
Mar 4, 2021 5:07 PM

Jul 2012
OG_Gattsu said:

This... I can only keep my suspension of disbelief for so long and there's way too many conveniences going on for me to actually have any time to be worried about anything for more than 2 seconds..
You mean to tell me they managed to go all over the place looking for Sonju and Mujika and that was the only demon that nearly got in their way? And obviously they would be saved by Sonju again..

Anyway, last part of the episode was alright at least. Really sad and the way they portrayed the demons was good but the problem is and has always been PACING. It's very clear in every episode but for moments like this to actually HIT you need a well planned Build Up. It would be 10x more impactful than doing this 8 episodes into the 2nd season...
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Mar 4, 2021 5:08 PM
Jul 2018
MomoSinX said:
Looks like the anime reached a new low, they cut the nobles and the queen. (it was my last hope for having a half decent fight in the anime...)

spaesu said:
damn this episode was absolutely amazing, best episode this season by far. they finally found sonju and mujika but it was too late... looks like norman finally realized the weight of his decisions. that scene with the girl and the grandpa demon was really sad, wonder whatll happen now.

also, norman looked really badass in this scene ngl

Fun fact, that moment had an extremely amazing panel in the manga.

damn that looks nice, would've been great if they made it like this in the anime too
Mar 4, 2021 5:08 PM

Aug 2016
Suhail63 said:
KaiserVonGogureo said:
Also, seeing the cgi demon again attacking the kids just made me laugh so hard, it's such a terrible, terrible looking thing you just have to laugh
I would love to see you trying to animate it lol

i probably prefer the snk cgi titans from s2 and s3. thats to show how dissapoiting it looks. it helps it happens in the dark, though.
:v
Mar 4, 2021 5:16 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Grandpa was nice to the humans, and in return the humans save his life hopefully.

Is that Kobayashi Mika's song during that cut of all the demons? Badass as always.
Mar 4, 2021 5:19 PM
May 2019
As a manga reader I thought this episode was pretty good. However it still doesn't change the fact that eps 4 - 7 were really badly paced and of course skipped a lot of content. Still a good episode and definitely the best so far in this butchered season.
Mar 4, 2021 5:23 PM

Apr 2020
Save... Martha... = Grandpa demon saying Emma. Heh.

I don't know, I don't care for the kids, demons or Norman group anymore. Whatever.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Mar 4, 2021 5:32 PM

Apr 2018
So, this is probably the best episode of the Season so far (which isn't saying much to be honest). I think the demon town raid was actually pretty well-executed (especially because of the BGM) and i'm legit surprised that the scene managed to make me feel kinda bad for the demons, which i didn't think was really possible. Unfortunately, this one "good" episode isn't enough to fix the Season's overall bad writing and pacing, but we'll see how it goes from here on out
Mar 4, 2021 5:41 PM
Jan 2021
People were ranting about the different story but the anime itself is pretty good. Really enjoyed this episode and the bgm is hell good.
Mar 4, 2021 5:44 PM
Jan 2021
Stygian_Prisoner said:
So, this is probably the best episode of the Season so far (which isn't saying much to be honest). I think the demon town raid was actually pretty well-executed (especially because of the BGM) and i'm legit surprised that the scene managed to make me feel kinda bad for the demons, which i didn't think was really possible. Unfortunately, this one "good" episode isn't enough to fix the Season's overall bad writing and pacing, but we'll see how it goes from here on out

I don't agree about saying that this season has bad writing if only because it is different from the manga. Aside from that, the anime itself is pretty good.
Mar 4, 2021 5:51 PM

Nov 2016
Out of the attack to the city, everything else was pure trash
Mar 4, 2021 5:52 PM
Nov 2016
Wow, this episode was actually awesome, this is the first episode that I actually liked on this crappy season, this was a 5/5 episode for me.

These are the types of episodes this season needed, I could feel the tension here, in this episode I felt like there was FINALLY something at stake, the OST in this episode was pretty good too, it felt a bit like Attack on Titan with the girl singing in the background.

Too bad this awesome episode won't save this season, I still consider this a shitty season with 1 awesome episode, nothing more, nothing less...
Mar 4, 2021 5:58 PM

Apr 2018
_Aokii said:

I don't agree about saying that this season has bad writing if only because it is different from the manga. Aside from that, the anime itself is pretty good.

I don't like to repeat myself, so if it's all right with you, i'll just redirect you to this post i made in another thread in which i expound on most of the reasons why i believe this Season's writing is awful; and i do it without making any comparisons to the manga whatsoever
(https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1897519&show=0#post33).

You can read it or not, either way it's fine. Your opinion isn't any less valid than mine or anyone else's, of course.
Mar 4, 2021 6:02 PM

Apr 2016
Emma has to be the worst main character in all of anime I swear.
Mar 4, 2021 6:04 PM

Sep 2014
Imagine watching batman vs superman and the thing you as a writer learn from it is "Martha" is a good scene.

This show should just follow Norman from now on. Fighting the demons and giving them what they deserve.

Im soo tired of this "mutual understanding" BS.

My opinion of the first season already dropped while it was airing but this right here is really just not good.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 4, 2021 6:25 PM

Mar 2019
This Serie has the BEST ED Song of the Season....

But just that... because everything else is, Lame.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Mar 4, 2021 6:41 PM

Jun 2020
The best episode yet

-Great OST
-Finally stuff is happening
-But it's rushed. This ep should have all been Norman flashback and it should've been next ep that the plan went into action
-If Norman stops because of talk no jutsu I'm done
Mar 4, 2021 6:45 PM
Mar 2021
omg this episode gave me goose bumps!!
Mar 4, 2021 6:48 PM
Sep 2020
Wow i didnt expect this episode to be this emotional.
Mar 4, 2021 6:49 PM
Jul 2019
-Emma
- Ughh WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME??

LOL couldn't imagine it in any other way.

It's quite entertaining episode and the soundtrack is great but this is ridiculous. Is the show trying to print Norman as the villain for doing what everyone one wanted since first season? Am I supposed to feel bad for these Demons because one of them had the same name as the protagonist?
Mar 4, 2021 6:56 PM

Jan 2020
I thought it was pretty boring as a whole but I'll gladly admit that I was a fan of the soundtracks for this episode. It's cool seeing more focus on Norman's character though ig

Mar 4, 2021 7:07 PM
Jul 2019
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
LoL I was incredibly disappointed by this episode, yet it seems people love it?! What's with people and their love for EDGY characters?

People probably mistake being enjoyable to actually being good. Last episode and this one are not a slog like the first 4 or so episodes and there's something happening. The problem is what's happening is terrible from narrative wise. Plot doesn't make any kind of sense whatsoever.

Emma now seems to care more about saving Demon lives than actually the kids. Norman is portrayed in a way as if he's the devil and doing something unethical. The show has done f**k to let me feel bad for these monsters so that they portray what he did as villainous. What, they showed a demon girl with the same name as the protagonist and suddenly Norman starts thinking what he has done is wrong? Lol. This is very cheap. I'm supposed to feel for the Demons and understand the protagonist's ideologies by this?
Mar 4, 2021 7:20 PM
Jun 2016
OG_Gattsu said:
Rejoice anime watchers, I do not hate this episode!

It probably took them days to reach there because they travelled to different places prior to reaching there...
Because only 1 day was remaining out of the 5 day time limit and they were hopeful that they will be able to reach Norman in time... Gilda was heard saying "we had 1 more day left" Or something like that...
Mar 4, 2021 7:31 PM
Jun 2016
el3mel said:
Sigmar-Unberogen said:

People probably mistake being enjoyable to actually being good. Last episode and this one are not a slog like the first 4 or so episodes and there's something happening. The problem is what's happening is terrible from narrative wise. Plot doesn't make any kind of sense whatsoever.

Emma now seems to care more about saving Demon lives than actually the kids. Norman is portrayed in a way as if he's the devil and doing something unethical. The show has done f**k to let me feel bad for these monsters so that they portray what he did as villainous. What, they showed a demon girl with the same name as the protagonist and suddenly Norman starts thinking what he has done is wrong? Lol. This is very cheap. I'm supposed to feel for the Demons and understand the protagonist's ideologies by this?

I think that even in the rushed way that they are ending the season, they have mentioned it multiple times that the demons and humans are same.. They eat humans because they need to..

And the scene with Norman suddenly thinking what he has done is wrong is probably to show us that deep down Norman isn't heartless and he understands the above mentioned fact...

I think the scene where the sick demon girl carrying her infant sibling during the attack holds more significance in showing us Emma's ideology... Actually most of the scenes after the attack show that the demons also have emotions like the humans and that they are not any different from Emma and the other kids...
Mar 4, 2021 7:38 PM
Jul 2019
Sudeshnasc09 said:
el3mel said:

I think that even in the rushed way that they are ending the season, they have mentioned it multiple times that the demons and humans are same.. They eat humans because they need to..

And the scene with Norman suddenly thinking what he has done is wrong is probably to show us that deep down Norman isn't heartless and he understands the above mentioned fact...

I think the scene where the sick demon girl carrying her infant sibling during the attack holds more significance to showing us Emma's ideology... Actually most of the scenes after the attack show that the demons also have emotions like the humans and that they are not any different from Emma and the other kids...

Just because they told us they eat to live doesn't mean they built up for us to feel emotional for them at all. They eat humans to live, so what, should chickens feel bad for humans while they are eating them because humans have families and have to eat them?

We barely saw any thing about this demon village to build up any sort of connection to them, their lives and why it's cruel to kill them. Nothing, just very short scene in episode 5 or 4 and that's about it? It just sort of happened. Emma decided to keep them alive due to her visits to this village, the visits the viewers saw nothing.

This is a very cheap way to convince the viewer to feel for them. The whole point is nonsense. I'm supposed to feel bad for bunch of monsters just because I was told so without seeing anything to justify it the last 7 episodes, but not bad for the actual humans they killed and ate?
Mar 4, 2021 7:45 PM
Jun 2016
el3mel said:
Sudeshnasc09 said:

I think the scene where the sick demon girl carrying her infant sibling during the attack holds more significance to showing us Emma's ideology... Actually most of the scenes after the attack show that the demons also have emotions like the humans and that they are not any different from Emma and the other kids...

Just because they told us they eat to live doesn't mean they built up for us to feel emotional for them at all. They eat humans to live, so what, should chickens feel bad for humans while they are eating them because humans have families and have to eat them?

We barely saw any thing about this demon village to build up any sort of connection to them, their lives and why it's cruel to kill them. Nothing, just very short scene in episode 5 or 4 and that's about it? It just sort of happened. Emma decided to keep them alive due to her visits to this village, the visits the viewers saw nothing.

This is a very cheap way to convince the viewer to feel for them. The whole point is nonsense. I'm supposed to feel bad for bunch of monsters just because I was told so without seeing anything to justify it the last 7 episodes, but not bad for the actual humans they killed and ate?

I totally agree that viewers got to see a lil
.. We actually got to see a lil of everything because they rushed the entire manga of over 120 chapters in 11 episodes... Remember in the end episode 4... We saw the kids were in the jungle after the shelter was destroyed being chased by demons... We have no clue as to how the kids escaped and found the temple...

And I think it's different from the "chicken feeling bad for humans" logic because we can basically live without eating chickens.. It's a choice not a need...
Mar 4, 2021 7:53 PM
Jul 2019
Sudeshnasc09 said:
el3mel said:

.. We actually got to see a lil of everything because they rushed the entire manga of over 120 chapters in 11 episodes... Remember in the end episode 4... We saw the kids were in the jungle after the shelter was destroyed being chased by demons... We have no clue as to how the kids escaped and found the temple...

And I think it's different from the "chicken feeling bad for humans" logic because we can basically live without eating chickens.. It's a choice not a need...
Sudeshnasc09 said:
el3mel said:

Fair enough. It would have worked better if they at least spent this season exploring the Demons village or showing us some sides of Demons to let us be convinced with Emma's ideology and leave this final attack sequence to a 3rd season.

There're a lot of other problems. I expected the flashback to show us how he managed to develop this magical drug but it showed nothing? This "drug" still feels like a plot device that appeared literally out of nowhere just to progress the plot. I expected the flashback to show information I was waiting to know, but it was only for 7 minutes and showed nothing significant.
Mar 4, 2021 7:56 PM
Nov 2020
That scene near the beginning where it shows Dr. Ratri and the other scientists with their demon counterparts, working together on the research ...it makes me wonder what factors can keep a human from getting slaughtered on the demon "side". So far, it seems that you either need to have above-average intelligence (as a child or scientist) and/or mental fortitude (to become a "mother").

So it looks like Dr. Ratri is a traitor to the human race. Other than being able to live, I wonder what other benefits he gets for his treachery.

The scene with the fetuses in the glass tubes. Are they trying to breed the geniuses to build a generation of highly intelligent livestock?

Who was that dying scientist that gave the pen to Norman during the escape?

Why were some of the demons unaffected by the drug bomb's explosion? (It also seems that the regressed/affected demons will prey on the unaffected demons, interesting.)

So basically it took an actual encounter with a demon that has evil blood (the grandpa) and a shared interest (i.e. wanting to help others survive and ensure that they live good lives) to make Norman realize what Emma was trying to tell him.

Wow, the scene where Emma calls out to Norman and she sees a younger, confused version of Norman who is about to cry ...that was a clever way to show Emma's high degree of emotional intelligence.
Mar 4, 2021 8:09 PM

Mar 2020
The music this episode was outstanding!
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Does this anime have the most wasted potential?

aod-kun - Mar 10, 2023

25 by 7k72 »»
Apr 11, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 28, 2021

419 by chocomayu »»
Mar 7, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

244 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2021

505 by Jiborjas »»
Feb 15, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2021

202 by Jiborjas »»
Feb 14, 10:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.