Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
How low do you think the score will go by the end of the season?
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Mar 26, 2021 7:44 AM

Sep 2012
After that absolutely garbage final episode it really does deserve under a 5. And I had given it a 7 up until now.
Mar 27, 2021 11:15 AM
Oct 2019
6.15 now

It's dropping even faster now than during the final part of the season. Going to be in the 5.9's be the end of the weekend

This is probably going to hit the 5.5-5.6 range, a full 3.00 below season 1's rating 👀
Mar 27, 2021 8:23 PM

May 2020
lmao it's 6.12 now. the last post from 9 hours ago said it was 6.15. it dropped a whole .03 in less than half a day. that's insane. I've been keeping track of the scores throughout the season so I'll put them here:

jan 19: 8.39 (rank: 165)

feb 7: 7.77 (rank: 893)

march 1: 7.15 (rank: 2973)

march 8: 7.05 (rank: 3468)

march 16: 6.92 (rank: 3880)

march 27 (now): 6.12 (rank: 7742)
Mar 27, 2021 9:05 PM
Aug 2020
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it gets into the 5.9 area soon
Mar 28, 2021 5:43 AM

Oct 2015
sandrashw said:
dannymctavish said:
This show doesn’t deserve the low rating its getting. Its not getter than season 1 but its still good. Honestly i think the manga fans are hating on the show because it didn’t copy it but thats just me.
That’s completely true, the manga readers are just butthurt. The show is still good and I think they shouldn‘t be alowed to rate season two with the expectation they had. It‘s clearly stated that it would be anime original. To rate it bad just because they wanted it to go the manga road isn‘t fair. Season 2 is for me an anime only still good! They should learn to separate anime and manga, like that’s the reason why this two are seperated on here anyways.
You guys really seem like you refuse to read the hundreds of legitimate criticisms made over the last 3 months to this second season.

Well hopefully you already finished the story, because after that last episode there's not much else to defend.
Mar 28, 2021 6:28 AM
Sep 2018
Nostalgik said:
sandrashw said:
That’s completely true, the manga readers are just butthurt. The show is still good and I think they shouldn‘t be alowed to rate season two with the expectation they had. It‘s clearly stated that it would be anime original. To rate it bad just because they wanted it to go the manga road isn‘t fair. Season 2 is for me an anime only still good! They should learn to separate anime and manga, like that’s the reason why this two are seperated on here anyways.
You guys really seem like you refuse to read the hundreds of legitimate criticisms made over the last 3 months to this second season.

Well hopefully you already finished the story, because after that last episode there's not much else to defend.

I will speak for myself. I get some of the criticisms and care only for the ones that aren’t in relation/comprison to the manga, since the anime should be considered as his own. The whole point is that the show is still fine as it’s own imo and rating it a 1 is to exaggerated. There’s worse.
Mar 29, 2021 1:56 AM

Feb 2019
Sakuta002766 said:
Probably 6.50(i think)

My prediction was correct, just the position of 0 and 5 changed
Mar 29, 2021 4:57 AM
Jul 2020
SweetieSquad said:
I can see this going sub 6, possibly 5.50. There's no substance here and corners were cut when they didn't need to be. It doesn't deserve any praise and only highlights its faults. The biggest being that insult of an ending with not only a rushed montage of 30 chapters skipped like they were afterthoughts but a timeskip to boot.
I think a lot of people feel insulted, myself included. Hate is a pretty strong word. I think it's justified here.

Basically sums up my feelings as well. We can bicker about the final score all we want, but it doesn't change the facts of what occurred.

I could give it a score of 4 because the first half of the season was at least watchable, even if still very flawed. I could give it a score of 1 for such a blantantly insulting finale+ on top of said flaws. In the end, the exact score doesn't matter. All that matters is the scope of the betrayal as fans who deserved better.

And I say this as someone who doesn't put too much stock in endings to begin with. This failure goes well beyond a "bad ending".
Mar 29, 2021 6:25 AM

Oct 2019
This is definitely going below 6.00 lmfao
Mar 29, 2021 12:22 PM

Oct 2020
It will probably be mid 5 when it all settles down.

Mar 29, 2021 2:03 PM

Jan 2020
Damn. It's gonna go under 6.00

Mar 29, 2021 9:52 PM

Mar 2018
kuroos_hoe said:
lmao it's 6.12 now. the last post from 9 hours ago said it was 6.15. it dropped a whole .03 in less than half a day. that's insane. I've been keeping track of the scores throughout the season so I'll put them here:

jan 19: 8.39 (rank: 165)

feb 7: 7.77 (rank: 893)

march 1: 7.15 (rank: 2973)

march 8: 7.05 (rank: 3468)

march 16: 6.92 (rank: 3880)

march 27 (now): 6.12 (rank: 7742)

Thanks for keeping track that's very interesting. At the turn of march 30th it is 6.01. So tantalizingly close to sub 6 lol cmon
Mar 29, 2021 9:53 PM

Aug 2017
I voted 5-6 range.

This season diverted from the manga. So lower scores are expected.

I would imagine this to be similar to how Tokyo Ghoul Root A performed.

Mar 29, 2021 10:43 PM

Sep 2019
Sakuta002766 said:
Sakuta002766 said:
Probably 6.50(i think)

My prediction was correct, just the position of 0 and 5 changed
change the position of 5 and 6. It will fall that low.
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Mar 29, 2021 11:13 PM

Jan 2019
it just felt like a really mid show bruh. maybe the score'll go below 6 who knows
Mar 29, 2021 11:15 PM

Oct 2020
I can see it dropping to 5.50 to 5.30 tbh.

Mar 30, 2021 12:58 AM

Mar 2019
dannymctavish said:
This show doesn’t deserve the low rating its getting. Its not getter than season 1 but its still good. Honestly i think the manga fans are hating on the show because it didn’t copy it but thats just me.

Oh it deserves it.
It's not about "copying what's in the manga", but this anime-original decision was horrible. Promised Neverland Season 2 felt like a manga adaptation, but leaving most of important details.

I watched the first four episode, and still had hope it's turn out to be good. But after that point i lost it, and after 8th episode i dropped it for good.

I'm expecting it to go lower than 5.6

I play BanG Dream! Girls Band Party

Garupa EN ID: 10759829
Garupa JP ID: 36753163
Mar 30, 2021 2:10 AM

Mar 2020
reminder that 5.00 means "average" and this show is definitely not "average", it's bad in every area except for opening and ending song, which doesn't account to much
Mar 30, 2021 2:14 AM

Aug 2017
60-70 - 808 55.49%
50-60 (your vote) - 347 23.83%

Score is 6.00, I was correct.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 30, 2021 2:17 AM

Jun 2020
It has hit 6.00 it will go below that in a few days
Mar 30, 2021 7:48 AM
Aug 2013
KuroNekoAlchemy said:
reminder that 5.00 means "average" and this show is definitely not "average", it's bad in every area except for opening and ending song, which doesn't account to much

That's not how it works in reality. Many people who hate shows will simply drop them before completion, and thus their lists will average in the 7.xx range.

For MAL scores, I've given plenty of good scores to 6.xx shows. Some of them aren't mainstream popular, but fit a certain niche. However, 5.xx shows I've seen are just bad in almost every conceivable way. There are actually relatively few full 1-cour 25-minute shows that are scored below 6.00, and those that are tend to be infamous, like Glasslip, Hand Shakers, King's Game, Gibiate, and Ex-Arm.
GippyMar 30, 2021 8:09 AM
Mar 30, 2021 8:10 AM

Aug 2016
How low? Not low enough.

Mar 30, 2021 8:58 AM
Jul 2018
At this point between 50-60
Mar 30, 2021 9:04 AM

Mar 2020
Gippy said:
KuroNekoAlchemy said:

That's not how it works in reality. Many people who hate shows will simply drop them before completion, and thus their lists will average in the 7.xx range.

For MAL scores, I've given plenty of good scores to 6.xx shows. Some of them aren't mainstream popular, but fit a certain niche. However, 5.xx shows I've seen are just bad in almost every conceivable way. There are actually relatively few full 1-cour 25-minute shows that are scored below 6.00, and those that are tend to be infamous, like Glasslip, Hand Shakers, King's Game, Gibiate, and Ex-Arm.

if it's bad why rate it as high as 5?

btw I also don't rate dropped shows
Mar 30, 2021 10:04 AM
Aug 2013
KuroNekoAlchemy said:

The people who think this show is BAD in all caps are actually a vocal minority. When you look at stats, 51% have given this show a 7 or higher.
GippyMar 30, 2021 11:46 AM
Mar 30, 2021 2:17 PM
Jan 2021
Gippy said:
KuroNekoAlchemy said:

The people who think this show is BAD in all caps are actually a vocal minority. When you look at stats, 51% have given this show a 7 or higher.

on my list a 7 is something i wouldnt recommend but didnt hate watching
Mar 30, 2021 9:20 PM

Nov 2020
sandrashw said:
dannymctavish said:

You are entitled to your opinion of course, if you enjoyed this season then that's awesome. But the criticisms are much more than just manga readers being butthurt. First off, this season isn't anime original at all. There are anime original scenes sure, but they are merely there to tie together arcs that are present in the manga that need new context since so much is removed. All the major story beats (reunion with Norman, his plan to genocide demons, Isabelle saving the kids, them reaching the human world, etc.) are all from the manga.

Second, this adaptation makes it pretty damn hard to separate it from the manga with that last minute slideshow. Until then I would've agreed with you, but that slideshow was such an obvious advertisement to the source material that it's insulting. They just showed us still images of skipped arcs from the manga with no context, giving even the most blissfully ignorant of viewers the feeling that there is much more story that is just straight up being skipped right in front of their eyes. As a youtube video I saw pointed out, it doesn't deviate enough to be its own thing (like FMA 2003) but it also deviates just enough to leave the viewer feeling like they're missing out and may want to read the manga. Which I'm sure were the committee's plans all along since for them anime are worth nothing without a corresponding manga.
Are ya winning, diners?
Mar 30, 2021 9:23 PM

Oct 2017
Gippy said:
KuroNekoAlchemy said:

Vocal minority...
Do you know only hentai / kid show got 5.xx in Mal?
Also those kid shows are usually way better than this, is just Mal's "grown-up audience" try to judge a kid show using mature anime marking metric.
Mar 30, 2021 10:50 PM

Mar 2020
Ventus_S said:
Gippy said:

Do you know only hentai / kid show got 5.xx in Mal?

that's objectively not true

Mar 30, 2021 11:50 PM
Sep 2018
ScottMerica said:
sandrashw said:

You are entitled to your opinion of course, if you enjoyed this season then that's awesome. But the criticisms are much more than just manga readers being butthurt. First off, this season isn't anime original at all. There are anime original scenes sure, but they are merely there to tie together arcs that are present in the manga that need new context since so much is removed. All the major story beats (reunion with Norman, his plan to genocide demons, Isabelle saving the kids, them reaching the human world, etc.) are all from the manga.

Second, this adaptation makes it pretty damn hard to separate it from the manga with that last minute slideshow. Until then I would've agreed with you, but that slideshow was such an obvious advertisement to the source material that it's insulting. They just showed us still images of skipped arcs from the manga with no context, giving even the most blissfully ignorant of viewers the feeling that there is much more story that is just straight up being skipped right in front of their eyes. As a youtube video I saw pointed out, it doesn't deviate enough to be its own thing (like FMA 2003) but it also deviates just enough to leave the viewer feeling like they're missing out and may want to read the manga. Which I'm sure were the committee's plans all along since for them anime are worth nothing without a corresponding manga.

Anime original means it’s going his own route. You can’t expect them to change everything, I think that’s impossible considering they followed the manga in season 1. Just look at Tokyo Ghoul. The comment about butthurt manga readers is due to the fact that always when they are mad it’s mostly because the anime didn’t adapt something from the manga. They can talk bad about the anime on it’s own how they want, cause there are some negative points which I agree with. Since season 2 is labeled as his own, they should see it as it’s own and not in sense of comparison to the manga. Just like the anime onlys. (First reply got lost I hope I didn’t miss anything writing this the second time, ugh)
Mar 31, 2021 12:00 AM
May 2017
This should honestly have a lower score than EX-ARM.
Mar 31, 2021 1:05 AM
Jan 2021
sandrashw said:
ScottMerica said:

Anime original means it’s going his own route. You can’t expect them to change everything, I think that’s impossible considering they followed the manga in season 1. Just look at Tokyo Ghoul. The comment about butthurt manga readers is due to the fact that always when they are mad it’s mostly because the anime didn’t adapt something from the manga. They can talk bad about the anime on it’s own how they want, cause there are some negative points which I agree with. Since season 2 is labeled as his own, they should see it as it’s own and not in sense of comparison to the manga. Just like the anime onlys. (First reply got lost I hope I didn’t miss anything writing this the second time, ugh)

why is it invalid for us to want something we loved adapted as is normal practice in this industry
Mar 31, 2021 3:11 AM
Sep 2018
nezumiku said:
sandrashw said:

why is it invalid for us to want something we loved adapted as is normal practice in this industry

I didn’t say you can’t „want“ it to be adapted like the manga. But it’s not fair to rate it badly just because it didn’t follow the manga since it wasn’t meant to follow the manga. And also they don’t have to adapt it like the manga anyways, as you said it‘s just considered normal to do so. Rate it badly on it‘s own, not only because they didn’t adapt it like the manga but also since it wasn’t suppose to be.
Mar 31, 2021 4:18 AM
Jul 2018
Vey very very very very low.
Mar 31, 2021 7:52 AM
Aug 2013
Setsugen_no_ao said:
This should honestly have a lower score than EX-ARM.

The second season of Haruhi still has a 7.23 despite Endless Eight. MAL scores have never made much consistent sense and never will.
Mar 31, 2021 8:17 AM
Feb 2020
sandrashw said:
nezumiku said:

I didn’t say you can’t „want“ it to be adapted like the manga. But it’s not fair to rate it badly just because it didn’t follow the manga since it wasn’t meant to follow the manga. And also they don’t have to adapt it like the manga anyways, as you said it‘s just considered normal to do so. Rate it badly on it‘s own, not only because they didn’t adapt it like the manga but also since it wasn’t suppose to be.
You call manga readers butthurt but you're the most butthurt person here dude.
Mar 31, 2021 8:26 AM

Jul 2020
Oh my this is getting close to Boruto's score.
Gippy said:
KuroNekoAlchemy said:

Lol have you even checked the average rating?It's 5 and most of the users consider 7 as average and 5 as trash.
Those who think it's bad "ArE a VoCaL mInOrITy" seems like you haven't been on the internet for a few days.
ScordoloMar 31, 2021 8:30 AM

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Mar 31, 2021 8:45 AM
Aug 2013
Scordolo said:

Lol have you even checked the average rating?It's 5 and most of the users consider 7 as average and 5 as trash. Those who think it's bad "ArE a VoCaL mInOrITy" seems like you haven't been on the internet for a few days.

Hello, person who doesn't know the difference between the term mean (average) and median.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/39617/Yakusoku_no_Neverland_2nd_Season/stats

The weighted score is 5.95. Weighted score != average. But 51% have given the show a 7 or higher. The unweighted, true average score is 6.28.
GippyMar 31, 2021 8:55 AM
Mar 31, 2021 3:57 PM
Jan 2021
sandrashw said:
nezumiku said:

why when i can do both
Mar 31, 2021 4:41 PM
Oct 2020
Tbh it doesn’t deserve less than a 4 or more than a 7. Any lower and people are just being petty or overlooking flaws.
Mar 31, 2021 4:43 PM

Nov 2014
I would honestly give this show a 5-6, like I do enjoy it, but even as a non manga-reader, I can sense the flaws, the plot being all over the place, some of the characters' decisions are questionable and etc. I don't think it deserves blatant hate to the point where it becomes extreme hate and personal attacks towards the author, but I can understand where people come from.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2021 4:43 PM

Nov 2017
It's a 5.94 now... Is not even that bad. People being dramatic.
"he has it big as a cactus
but he won't let go of my head
and I puke on his cock bitch" - Boy by Fishball 
Mar 31, 2021 5:43 PM
May 2017
JoshsoJB said:
I think it's going to bottom out at 6.5 - 6.75. There are enough people rating this highly out of denial that it's bad to keep it from dipping below that. And there's the end-of-season boost that scores get too so there's that to consider.

Welp...I was wrong lol
Mar 31, 2021 9:35 PM

Jul 2020
The first season was an 8.54 and this season is an 5.93, which surprises me a LOT. I fully expected this season's score to be slightly lower than Tokyo Ghoul Root A or the same score as Tokyo Ghoul: Re but definitely, not this low. Well I thought this season was pretty disappointing, even as an anime-only so I have no complaints
Zackack99Mar 31, 2021 9:40 PM
Apr 1, 2021 12:26 AM
Jun 2017
Gippy said:
KuroNekoAlchemy said:

This perfectly sums up my view on the whole rating system of MAL. Anything above 6 might be redeemable but anything below it is almost guaranteed to be awful. I have watched a relativly high amount of shows scored below a 6 and none of them had any objective quality to them. This is coming from a guy who has seen hundreds of shows to completion and only dropped 3 (30-sai no Hoken Taiiku, Redo of healer and Ueno-san). All this sad I was holding off on TPN S2 and even nowing it will be bad I will still watch it. If only to see a train wreck derail (I can always read the manga if I want).
Apr 1, 2021 1:47 AM
Jan 2021
HardcoreAnimeFan said:
Gippy said:

This perfectly sums up my view on the whole rating system of MAL. Anything above 6 might be redeemable but anything below it is almost guaranteed to be awful. I have watched a relativly high amount of shows scored below a 6 and none of them had any objective quality to them. This is coming from a guy who has seen hundreds of shows to completion and only dropped 3 (30-sai no Hoken Taiiku, Redo of healer and Ueno-san). All this sad I was holding off on TPN S2 and even nowing it will be bad I will still watch it. If only to see a train wreck derail (I can always read the manga if I want).

as a big tpn fan i strongly recommend you read the manga first if you're gonna do both.
Apr 1, 2021 2:13 AM
Jun 2017
nezumiku said:
HardcoreAnimeFan said:

as a big tpn fan i strongly recommend you read the manga first if you're gonna do both.

I do suppose I am opening myself up to huge spoilers adapted in a shitty way. Altho I guess Goldy pond should still be an enjoyable read either way (sorry to rub salt on your wounds). I will think about reading the manga first but I am not the biggest manga fan to begin with so we'll see.
Apr 1, 2021 4:00 AM
Oct 2019
As low as possible please...
Do it guys...
Apr 1, 2021 4:22 PM

May 2020
MacchiaStella said:
It's a 5.94 now... Is not even that bad. People being dramatic.

you gave it a higher rating than clannad, your lie in april, death note, and many more LMAOO please never give your opinion again
Apr 1, 2021 5:05 PM

Nov 2017
NickCipolla said:

you gave it a higher rating than clannad, your lie in april, death note, and many more LMAOO please never give your opinion again

Last time I checked everyone taste and opinion is different. Clannad season 1 was boring, your lie in april sucked, and I never finished Death Note. So you can shut it.

Bruh apparently you didn't even watch TPN....
MacchiaStellaApr 1, 2021 5:10 PM
"he has it big as a cactus
but he won't let go of my head
and I puke on his cock bitch" - Boy by Fishball 
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Does this anime have the most wasted potential?

aod-kun - Mar 10, 2023

25 by 7k72 »»
Apr 11, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 28, 2021

419 by chocomayu »»
Mar 7, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

244 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2021

220 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2021

505 by Jiborjas »»
Feb 15, 2:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.