Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
How low do you think the score will go by the end of the season?
Mar 2, 2021 9:02 PM
Jan 2021
For fun and to make light of the pain cloverworks has put us through this season, how low do you think the MAL score will go by the end of the season? Bonus: comment how low you think it deserves!
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 2, 2021 9:06 PM

Jan 2020
Below 7.00. It's pretty inevitable at this point

Mar 2, 2021 9:26 PM
Nov 2017
It's currently at 7.12, I think it will stop at 6.5?

There are still 4 weeks left of episodes...
Mar 2, 2021 9:52 PM
Jan 2021
Probably gonna go below 7 and will be at mid to high 6
Mar 2, 2021 9:59 PM

Feb 2021
I'm thinking it'll drop below a seven, but who knows.
Mar 2, 2021 10:11 PM
Aug 2019
I think it deserves an 8. They told us it would be anime only in advance and for what it is it's still really enjoyable. Could have been better but still enjoyable.
Mar 2, 2021 10:18 PM
Dec 2020
This show doesn’t deserve the low rating its getting. Its not getter than season 1 but its still good. Honestly i think the manga fans are hating on the show because it didn’t copy it but thats just me.
Mar 2, 2021 10:22 PM
Oct 2020
After the first season and the adrenaline it pumped,

This for some reason feels lacklustre and hence I am forced to pick up the manga.
Mar 2, 2021 10:27 PM
Dec 2020
I dun think it's that bad to deserve a super low score but it's pretty disappointing
Mar 2, 2021 10:33 PM

Jul 2019
dannymctavish said:
This show doesn’t deserve the low rating its getting. Its not getter than season 1 but its still good. Honestly i think the manga fans are hating on the show because it didn’t copy it but thats just me.

Manga readers are definitely part of it, but the anime has really messed up everything that was good in the manga and is rushing things.
My Maloween 2023 candies:

Mar 2, 2021 10:43 PM

Nov 2017
This season is truly unbearable for me to the point to where I have to spend several times a day contemplating whether I really wanna finish this or not. Definitely deserves below a 7 in my opinion.
Mar 2, 2021 10:50 PM

Dec 2020
I dont watch the anime yet but my guess is below 6.5
Mar 2, 2021 11:13 PM
Jan 2021
Kyokorin said:
This season is truly unbearable for me to the point to where I have to spend several times a day contemplating whether I really wanna finish this or not. Definitely deserves below a 7 in my opinion.

same same.. i dropped it for a bit but enddd up coming back cause it was occupying so much head space i decided i just need to watch it. be mad. then eventually forget about it.
Mar 2, 2021 11:17 PM
Jan 2021
dannymctavish said:

not to be rude but this post isnt for people who are enjoying the show
Mar 2, 2021 11:23 PM
Feb 2021
dannymctavish said:

disagree honestly, partially it may be because of the manga readers but i havent read it at all and it genuinely was so bad to be that i couldnt even force myself through the third episode
Mar 3, 2021 1:23 AM
Aug 2020
It’s nearly lower than Tokyo Ghoul root A already, it feels inevitable that it’ll dip below 7
Mar 3, 2021 4:08 AM

Apr 2020
I guess it will probably be below 7.00 ...
Mar 3, 2021 5:17 AM

Jul 2013
6.69 is my mature response. Would be hilarious too.
Mar 3, 2021 5:46 AM
May 2019
nezumiku said:
For fun and to make light of the pain cloverworks has put us through this season, how low do you think the MAL score will go by the end of the season? Bonus: comment how low you think it deserves!

I think ur being very inconsiderate here, theire actually the ones going through all the pain having to deliver a very highly anticipated anime in a short period of time, saying ur in pain just because it didn’t follow the manga isn’t quite right. People don’t sleep the studio just for u to say this shit, atleast be a bit more considerate instead of sitting on ur coach and leaving unnecessary comments
Mar 3, 2021 7:58 AM
Sep 2018
Let’s be honest. The first season is too highly rated. For me the first season was a solid 7, but this season is around 5.5-6. The directing is lacking, the pacing is all over the place. The character writing is still ok. The direction of the story is “promising”. As an anime only fan, I still think season 2 is inferior because there is no clear direction in the story until episode 7. Also I am one of the few people that hated Norman in the first season.
Mar 3, 2021 9:24 AM
Jan 2021
brurtle said:
nezumiku said:

I think ur being very inconsiderate here, theire actually the ones going through all the pain having to deliver a very highly anticipated anime in a short period of time, saying ur in pain just because it didn’t follow the manga isn’t quite right. People don’t sleep the studio just for u to say this shit, atleast be a bit more considerate instead of sitting on ur coach and leaving unnecessary comments

i have literally lost sleep over this so fuck off
Mar 3, 2021 9:26 AM
May 2019
nezumiku said:
brurtle said:

Bro honestly get a life, people are working on this day and night and ur crying just because u don’t like the anime. Stop overdramatizing this
Mar 3, 2021 9:29 AM
Jan 2021
brurtle said:
nezumiku said:

Bro honestly get a life, people are working on this day and night and ur crying just because u don’t like the anime. Stop overdramatizing this

ur the one whining that someone else isnt allowed to have a negative opinion on a show just because its made by real people
Mar 3, 2021 9:31 AM
May 2019
nezumiku said:
brurtle said:

ur the one whining that someone else isnt allowed to have a negative opinion on a show just because its made by real people

The fact that you’re saying that u lost sleep to this is just funny, and quite stupid. The real people who are losing sleep and days of their lives are the people working on this. Just admit ur overdramatizing this man, if u didn’t like if it’s fine, but don’t go shit on people and overdramatize it
Mar 3, 2021 10:05 AM
Feb 2017
nezumiku said:
brurtle said:

bro, your opinion is very weightless. get a life! stop whining just because of japanese cartoons
Mar 3, 2021 10:12 AM
Jan 2021
brurtle said:
nezumiku said:

The fact that you’re saying that u lost sleep to this is just funny, and quite stupid. The real people who are losing sleep and days of their lives are the people working on this. Just admit ur overdramatizing this man, if u didn’t like if it’s fine, but don’t go shit on people and overdramatize it

sorry next time ill just not have feelings on things important to me
Mar 3, 2021 10:17 AM
May 2019
nezumiku said:
brurtle said:

sorry next time ill just not have feelings on things important to me

Nah bro it’s cool, I understand how u may feel, but u could express ur feelings in a way that’s more considerate to the people who work day and night doing this, u can’t go blaming the studio because they have nothing to do with this
Mar 3, 2021 10:29 AM

Jan 2014
Even as someone who has not read the manga past the 1st season, this second season is very bleh. Pace is way too fast, would have liked to see 3 or more episodes with the other two "Friendly" demons the children encountered

A shame too because the 1st season was so good
Mar 3, 2021 12:33 PM
Oct 2019
dannymctavish said:

Plenty of comments from anime-onlies that agree this season is NOT good.

Also, there are over 500,000 "members" to the season 2 anime on MAL. There are less than 200,000 "members" to the manga. So there would appear to be a lot more anime watchers than manga readers.
Mar 3, 2021 12:38 PM

Jul 2020
The score will finally stop around 6 when the final episode drops.
brurtle said:
nezumiku said:

Yup and I despise people like you.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Mar 3, 2021 12:50 PM
Feb 2020
Its just poetic how this show became its title "THE PROMISED NEVERLAND"
Mar 3, 2021 3:36 PM
Jun 2020
Sensei_1 said:
I think it deserves an 8. They told us it would be anime only in advance and for what it is it's still really enjoyable. Could have been better but still enjoyable.

This is my first time posting at MAL,but I have a strong feeling that TPN S2 doesn't deserve an 8 rating(i'm not a manga reader also).As I watching the anime,the pacing, character decision (especially Emma),character dev,the enjoyment all feel lame and doesn't well executed.Plus, the event in S2(after episode 3 and so on) doesn't excited me and feel boring somehow.Maybe i will read the manga later.But,i respect your opinions okay;)
Mar 3, 2021 3:38 PM

Jan 2021
i mean i thought the 1st season was a 6 (obviously most will disagree), but the 2nd deserves a 3 in my book. so i think it's going to drop even more.
"不幸だ!" - Kamijou Touma
Check out my anime list by clicking here (it's public now).

Mar 3, 2021 3:40 PM

Jan 2020
dannymctavish said:

The reason why manga readers are upset is cuz they skipped 2 extremely good arcs, and then went straight to the part where things start going downhill. Even then they've somehow managed to make the (already not good mind you) second half of the manga even worse than it was in the manga. This is a travesty of an adaption quite frankly.
*generic image of favorite characters with a sappy quote or "aesthetics"*

Mecha Anime/Manga/VN Tier List

Anime/Manga/VN Tier List
Mar 3, 2021 3:44 PM
Aug 2019
Nxman said:
Sensei_1 said:

This is my first time posting at MAL,but I have a strong feeling that TPN S2 doesn't deserve an 8 rating(i'm not a manga reader also).As I watching the anime,the pacing, character decision (especially Emma),character dev,the enjoyment all feel lame and doesn't well executed.Plus, the event in S2(after episode 3 and so on) doesn't excited me and feel boring somehow.Maybe i will read the manga later.But,i respect your opinions okay;)

This was my first time too. Emma's decision is upsetting but it didn't affect my enjoyment, nd the pacing is notably bad, but I can still say that I get excited week to week. Probably because I have a friend who still likes to theorize, speciculate and analyze each episode.
Mar 3, 2021 4:18 PM
May 2019
Scordolo said:
The score will finally stop around 6 when the final episode drops.
brurtle said:

Yup and I despise people like you.

Lol, for giving people the respect they deserve?
Mar 3, 2021 10:20 PM
Jan 2021
dannymctavish said:

Well if you compare this anime with jaku chara tomozaki, kumo desu ga, and idoly pride which is lower than this anime...i think it is deserving it.....heck i enjoy redo of healer more than this thing
Mar 3, 2021 11:59 PM

Apr 2020
6.5 I’m enjoying the season, but I’d be surprised if it doesn’t go below a 7.
Mar 4, 2021 12:49 AM

Aug 2020
Tbh as an anime only, I feel like this show is roughly around a 6 (which is quite low for my standards lol). I am optimistic about the next episode though, I hope they can make these last few a bit better. Also Low Tier Tomozaki Kun deserves to be wayyyy higher then this show

Has a 8.60 mean score
Akasaka > Other Mangakas

Mar 4, 2021 1:34 AM
Apr 2017
on the last episode i think it will be below 6 and above 5.5
i gave this season "4", but the first season "10"
Mar 4, 2021 2:05 AM

Aug 2020
to be fair, i would laugh my ass off if the score got bombed so hard because anime ending worse than the manga ending, to the point the score became the lowest scored anime in the entire season
Mar 4, 2021 3:41 AM
Jan 2018
I want it to go below 7.00. We need justice for the goldy pond kids
Mar 4, 2021 3:42 AM
Jan 2018
Honestly, redo of healer is better than this at this point.
Mar 4, 2021 3:42 AM
Jan 2018
Javelin_Myle said:
dannymctavish said:

Well if you compare this anime with jaku chara tomozaki, kumo desu ga, and idoly pride which is lower than this anime...i think it is deserving it.....heck i enjoy redo of healer more than this thing

At least redo of healer doesn’t suddenly leave giant plot holes
Mar 4, 2021 4:49 AM

Oct 2018
dannymctavish said:

Nope, u are wrong. I’m anime only and this season was a big let down. At least rezero season 2 is just as good and sometimes better than season 1.
Mar 4, 2021 7:06 AM
May 2011
Kogaweebs123 said:
to be fair, i would laugh my ass off if the score got bombed so hard because anime ending worse than the manga ending, to the point the score became the lowest scored anime in the entire season

This is impossible
Mar 4, 2021 7:35 AM

Mar 2020
I m very disappointed about this adaptation i gave 9 to the first season and was super hipped to watch the second season but i don t think this should be considered even good.
Mar 4, 2021 7:35 AM

Oct 2015
dannymctavish said:
Most of the scores are still 7s and 8s, meaning "Good" and "Very Good", so putting things in that perspective should make it seem pretty fair regardless. It definitely deserves to be this low at least, considering it disappointed a LOT of fans, manga readers AND anime onlies alike.
Mar 4, 2021 7:37 AM

Apr 2020
if tokyo ghoul root A has a score over 7, then this will too lmao
Mar 4, 2021 7:39 AM

Apr 2020
i was cringing so hard during the last 2 episodes
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Does this anime have the most wasted potential?

aod-kun - Mar 10, 2023

25 by 7k72 »»
Apr 11, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 28, 2021

419 by chocomayu »»
Mar 7, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

244 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2021

220 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2021

505 by Jiborjas »»
Feb 15, 2:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.