Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 1, 2021 9:11 AM
Jan 2021
I would like to know how a series, beeing more specific, a season that dont airs makes 5 years, is been decreasing drastically, to be more exatct 0.3 and will become way worst, thing that didnt happens with other animes, the most close case I know is OPM with only 0.1 because of season 2, wich I think is not strange since some people rate the entire story rating the 1 season thing but Boku no Hero Academia even the other seasons decrease a lot, the exist people complaining with AOT(wich is a masterpiece). So I ask you, you dont see the season makes time and the communities, tweets, youtubers, comments about the series where the subject is not even about the series, and others people opinions, and contantly videos saying how bad is, wich is what have more about the series, and you comprehend their prespective or try in all cost to dont feel inferior and be known as the person that likes My Hero Academia, wich is difficult, knowing that you will have to listen wrong and superficial peoples review, sometimes purely because of hate or dont have the same life expiriences and dont try to understand wich message, prupose, character background the series have in lots of moments.

Cant you simply enjoy?

Are you watching for the first time and since there is lots of good animated animes you prefer those ones, shows that have a big improve because of direction and look more dark only because of aesthetics.

The fun thing is that Boku no Hero Academia is noteven close my favourite anime, have deffect like every single serie that you like but dont have people constantly pointing to any defect that the series has, or not for the reasons I explain in the other paragraph, personally I dont like the structure, is a bit repetitive, always two cours, one calm other intense, they only improve their strength, in school moments... things that I think could and will be resolved in next seasons even why the author cant forget the theme school (I have to say that this "Academia" part in only a prologue for what will comes since he said in a interviewhe want to become the story more dark and complex since the start, he have a defined fanbase now, have dark shounen making sucssess, so I think this "Academia" have the prupose to show the society, how it works, what means a hero, develop characters, define their personalities, making us better acquainted with them and giving them greater background and credibility) but there lots of other things that define the anime and that are so much important and relevant for the series.

Is because of the fandom that easly can avoid, I that like only saw few things, gay ships I dont see makes lots of time, if is because how they praise the series, sorry but that excuse is poor, first because I dont see that makes lots of time, second because what I see is the exact opposite,third Jujutsu Kaisen is way worse and anyone is speaking about that, and hope continues like this, is people opinion,have a strong psychological and respect.

So I ask you to be humble in your responses and excuse any aggression, but altough is not even close my favourite, is starts beeing anoying this situations and people always trying to destroy the series, and are beeing sucssesseful, congrats.

I will only answer, using what I saw and in some other comments, to some of the most common things people dont like in the series who wants to read is right here:

Midoria is a good character, not my favourite from the series, but thats is having his slow but good develop, the prupose of him as a character dont need to have the same of every 'good" protagonist and at a some point change drastically his personallity and way of think to be honest I that is becoming clichê, speacially because All Migh choose him for a reason, not because he was the strongest but because he was the most heroic, a good substitute to be a symbol of peace, and a person to be the symbol of peace it cannot be someone who has the shaking psychological and his ideals, and he cannot have the shaking psychological, it does not mean that he cannot cry, as this does not represent weakness but concern for others, concern for the population that is more than necessary for him to be the representative, he never run from a fight, was scared but that was what he chooses, to not speak his essence that makes him move, but he is aware that it cannot be that way since he needs to become someone who conveys more confidence, giving security to the population and causing the villains to escape, in order to decrease the crime rate.

Speaking about cry He does not have a father, he probably died, the other children who do and he probably did not know why, the only reference figure he has is a woman, and it is his mother, who is depressed and has been gaining weight, he has long since new he admired all might and since he was very young, he grew up with that admiration and principles that all might inspired him, taking for himself as a dream, becoming a hero, in a world where most have powers, life gives a kick to your dreams , and he, unlike the others he lives with, does not wake up, afterwards he was strongly bullied, which justifies his lack of confidence and fragility. A little older did not stop believing in his dream, All might the person he most admired and who was in front of him told him to give up, that his dream was impossible, until he has a super heroic and altruistic act and goes to the rescue of the bakugou, even after that other kick in life. After that, the person he admires the most, with the least chance of being there, not only recognizes him but also does the impossible and there were never any reports in that world, happen and gives him the possibility of realizing his altruistic dream, impossible that he never left to believe. Then when using the power he breaks the entire body and even if he uses it again you know the pain that it is not !!! When it's the fight of All might and All For One and all might points to him you know what the weight is on his back, the responsibility, the life of the whole world was put on his back, how scary is the thing that he has to have that unthinkable ability to achieve, and the fact that he is the next to fight that monstrous level of dangerousness that was not even the maximum of them both

When he went to the rescue of Bakugou no one without power tried to help, the Pro-Heroes with powers and forts were there and were not going up, and I don't know if you know but what people have impulses to save others, there is, parents' reports that this happened in saving their children, from simple protective gestures, even involuntary acts of the whole body. And at the time it was more than explicit that he was disturbing, what happened there was a scene to show the concern he had for others, the famous heroic spirit. And he is valued for his actions or it does not depend on the situation, on the person who is giving him a criticism, what exactly he did at the specific moment, what he learned so far and had an obligation to know and have done, now one thing is certain, he with these acts, inspires others and only shows how ideal he is to be the replacement for All Might, things are not so linear I had never heard of it from he have a father Alive, only if you consider that All Might replace that place in his heart, but well, it is still fragile for the boy and seeing other parents playing with their children, because in the manga it has been over a year, he is studying to be a hero and his father he did not even appear with concern or surprise as he awoke a power, if he really exists, the reason for him not to appear must be fragilizing for Midoria, either because he does not care, whatever, besides not having a father figure and masculine in his life, a figure he found in All Might. When Bakugou destroyed the building they were in training, it was not a life or death battle, he could have killed him, training that was the first and none of them had experience and a sense of the power of one of the others, even later in future training to situation was already a little different. In police training they don't start training by shooting each other. In fact, do not forget that they were relatively children, even when they defeated the stain, it cannot be said that they were responsible because it would be dangerous to know that the school had very young people who were already very powerful. Midoria was inspired by All Might and grew up taking these principles into account, taking them for him, I am sure that you should also have your idols and that you have taken as your own some principles that you have come to admire after understanding or simply finding it interesting . When you grew up, your parents imposed principles on you that you do not dispute, perhaps on the contrary, following to the letter. What tells you that helping people is a good thing but a bad thing, it was something that society, or your parents, imposed on you from a very young age and you would not imagine otherwise today. In his case it was probably the same and expanded by All Might, you don't know exactly what his childhood was like and as he followed the teachings of All Might what kind of approval arose in him, taking those teachings to himself, to the point of being something natural how to breathe. And I think it is more than seen and proven in the series that he cares, that he wants to help people and shows that he is more courageous than none, that even his goal is not to be the number 1 hero for the sake of recognition, but rather for the sake of putting the weight on your back and imposing respect on the villains and decreasing the crime rate, I'm even sure that if he didn't become, but reached his goal, he would be more than satisfied, because it would mean that there was someone stronger yet who was there to help you keep people safe, and it is a fact and it is more than proven. On the other hand, Bakugou wants to be number 1 for recognition, it aims to prove the strongest with statistics depending on how much and how strong were the villains he defeated, he who also grew up admiring the All Might, but who had a vision different from him, since he was pampered he always had everything, he had strong powers, in his view as a child, strong powers to the point of imposing respect on others and eventually overcoming the All Might, and nothing better than demonstrating that than defeating villains, once again taking this lifestyle for himself, he also like to feel that was above others like we see in his childhood, and nothing better than beeing the number 1 Heroe and be above not only society but Heroes and Villains, in fact all of this led him to develop an inferiority complex since being always on top, super strong, no one messed with him, there is no one who does not praise him, when the person he always humiliated and never thought had a chance to start overcoming him If you were waiting for Batman to appear there, I am sorry, this is not the premise and it is quite explicit at the beginning that that society is unfair to those who have no powers. And no, having powers does not mean being stronger, that's why not everyone is a Hero, some are, but they give up, or are just mediocre heroes, what happens is that who has, has more potential and who does not have , he always has the opportunity to be a policeman, as mentioned there, policemen who intervene but when the situation takes on other shapes, since we are talking about a society with powers, and in fact there are people with weaker powers but as we see from Mirio, he learned how to use it and proved that even a weak individual if well used and trained can overcome anyone, now don't ask me for a martial arts fighter to beat Dabi for example.

Rodster18Mar 1, 2021 9:56 AM
Mar 1, 2021 9:49 AM
Apr 2019
Finally someome who says that, I dont read yet but yeah really strange, or not since season 4 decrease like the hype of people but, in my case I try to separate what I felt in the time I was watching and seasons, but haters will always exist and this means popularity, and the series is near of 2 million so lets go, One thing I m hype is to see the clowning when the score continue decreasing after be 7. something, Will be fun, I wont compare the series with other series with the same score because I think is not a good excuse and tastes are tastes but yeah easly manipulate mind and they thinks is cool, me personally for a time I was like that then I try to reflex if was right and instead of see the negative things, I try to see the positive things and reflex if that negative points were valid and superficial

GodopMar 1, 2021 10:23 AM
Mar 1, 2021 6:39 PM
Jan 2021
This man made q college essay fuck me
Mar 1, 2021 7:09 PM
Sep 2020
Giving the anime a low score on MAL is not going to destroy it, you overestimate the site’s influence. The score is simply going down because that’s what tends to happen to most series, all things become less exciting when they’re not new anymore. If someone doesn’t like it, they’ll give it the score they think it deserves, and to ask them to rate it higher because you want it to have a higher score is ridiculous, especially when it’s already extremely popular.
Mar 1, 2021 7:13 PM
Dec 2019
Because people may rewatch the series and not like it as much, watch other series and then re-evaluate their original score, or think it’s a 7/10 from the beginning just like me lol.

Nice essay though. Too long to read.
Mar 1, 2021 7:27 PM

Oct 2017
Outside of the comments on the story itself MHA S1 from looking at trackers finished with an 8.41 rating. Drops like this are pretty normal as more fans eventually watch it or change their minds on the show after the hype train dies out a bit. Later seasons can change one's opinions as well of the initial content. Demon Slayer for instance ended with an 8.91 rating it's at a 8.62 now. This isn't unusual.

I don't really get the comment can't you simply enjoy? I mean I get enjoyment thinking about what I watch what I did or didn't like. MHA has it's flaws mainly Deku's stagnating character, huge cast of characters that aren't fleshed out and a plot line that I feel has been just building up without progression (honestly MHA could use a time skip). Though people have said there are some good later arcs and I am excited for that. It's a pretty generic battle shonen but I am often in the mood for that.

Fandom isn't going to influence ratings that much (especially as MAL keeps an eye out for bots). Plus it's more the death threats to Horikoshi over that one Unit 731 reference rather than fujos that bother me (honestly most are pretty civil).
BilboBaggins365Mar 1, 2021 7:31 PM
Mar 1, 2021 8:09 PM
Feb 2018
Well number one jujutsu kaisen isn’t worse then my hero academia and you can make the argument that anime wise it’s far better being more consistent and with a cast of characters that aren’t forgettable. As for the score drop it’s a mix of new viewers not riding the hype that it originally had when airing therefore leading to more clearer and just reviews. With Jujutsu Kaisen I’m betting right now that it will peak at 8.6 but will decrease and stay at around 8.4 by next year. (Btw that essay you made to prove why my hero was better goes to show to what extent people need to go to justify why my hero is good when In reality it’s just a solid shonen it’s not really good like let’s say Gintama or Demon slayer where you can in a paragraph explain rationally why they are great shonen)
Mar 1, 2021 8:09 PM
Jan 2021
I'm so glad people have the same experience as me with mha... I always say that negetivity exists almost everywhere and for some reason it seems bigger than it is... Though in mha's case there are alot of heaters out there... I have like two friends in class that watch anime... I told one that I'm watching mha and I love it.. He kinda made fun of me and was like mha is bad and stuff and belive me those people haven't even watched the show... But I asked the other friend what he loved(He loved Aot so besides that) and he said mha as much as aot... So in short we should ignore the haters and just enjoy the snow
Thx
Mar 2, 2021 2:09 AM
Jan 2021
BilboBaggins365 said:
Outside of the comments on the story itself MHA S1 from looking at trackers finished with an 8.41 rating. Drops like this are pretty normal as more fans eventually watch it or change their minds on the show after the hype train dies out a bit. Later seasons can change one's opinions as well of the initial content. Demon Slayer for instance ended with an 8.91 rating it's at a 8.62 now. This isn't unusual.

The thing is, that series drop when the anime finish, Boku no Hero Academia all seasons same but (some of them makes 5 years, 5 years air) in the last few months is droping way more than ever.
Mar 2, 2021 2:25 AM
Jan 2021
Sigmocs said:
Giving the anime a low score on MAL is not going to destroy it, you overestimate the site’s influence. The score is simply going down because that’s what tends to happen to most series, all things become less exciting when they’re not new anymore. If someone doesn’t like it, they’ll give it the score they think it deserves, and to ask them to rate it higher because you want it to have a higher score is ridiculous, especially when it’s already extremely popular.
First of all, say my opinionis ridiculous is because you dont understand what I write, probably because of my bad english, I never said that the low rating means is destroying a series, what I want to say is that is a indicator for the constant, most of the time ridiculous propaganda of how the series are bad, never said people cant say their opinion, but lets see that clearly that propaganda is having sucssess, that happens in the last few months with a series that airs 5 years ago, so answering me why this is happening now and not gradually among the years like other animes, is it because of this propaganda that it grows more and more? People are easily manipulated with this type of things, several people have already admitted to me that they would give the series a score but that they didn't give higher or that in time they gave lower because it seemed bad because it was Boku no Hero Academia, so imagine when someone listen a review of lots of persons, obviously his mind changes about that with time, is more easy to belong to that group, and be honest even if a person conisider that series the favourite do you really think will admit, when I satrt watch anime I said that I really loved Boku no Hero Academia, a person from my University that I used to speak critisize me a lot for liking that, after that I made everything to like other shows and consider way better in all cost better, nowadays no, but dont say what I m wrong because is clearly not, in my opinion, I could be wrong.
Rodster18Mar 2, 2021 3:11 AM
Mar 2, 2021 2:28 AM

Jul 2020
This anime being at 8.09 is pretty generous according to me.The story is nothing new and doesn't even try to be unique.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Mar 2, 2021 2:33 AM
Sep 2020
Rodster18 said:
Sigmocs said:
First of all, say my opinionis ridiculous is because you dont understand what I write, probably because of my bad english, I never said that the low rating means is destroying a series, what I want to say is that is a indicator for the constant, most of the time ridiculous propaganda of how the series are bad, never said people cant say their opinion, but lets see that clearly that propaganda is having sucssess, that happens in the last few months with a series that airs 5 years ago, so answering me why this is happening now and not gradually among the years like other animes, is it because of this propaganda that it grows more and more? People are easily manipulated with this type of things, several people have already admitted to me that they would give the series a score but that they didn't give higher or that in time they gave lower because it seemed bad because it was Boku no Hero Academia, so imagine when someone listen a review of lots of persons, obviously his mind changes about that with time, is more easy to belong to that group.
I didn’t say your opinion was ridiculous, I don’t care if you like the show more than me or other people, that’s all fine and there’s nothing wrong with that, it’s that requesting the show to be rated higher is ridiculous. As for why is it happening right now, it could be for any reason, I don’t think it’s fair to immediately assume it’s because of propaganda
Mar 2, 2021 3:01 AM
Jan 2021
TheQoun said:
Well number one jujutsu kaisen isn’t worse then my hero academia and you can make the argument that anime wise it’s far better being more consistent and with a cast of characters that aren’t forgettable.
Never said that was better, but dont consider far better, absoulutly no, is more consistent, yes, is way more fast paced and will be way shorter than Boku No Hero that is preparing and developing slowly in order to become way better in the future, have more unforgatable charecters, yes, like I said will be shorter and is way more fast paced so like this the characters have their personallity well defined, in Boku no Hero the character arent only developing theirs ideals, are also developing theirs personalities, since are not defined, since are children and children dont have personalities defined(I m not speaking about theirs ideals develop, only personalities), but the story was way better, messages and symbols but since is slow sometimes in that time people loose hype, JJK in all episodes have fights, all with sakuga, stupidly well coreographed, camera rotations and fluid, have cooler powers a great animation and direction that alone makes anyone hype wich is a valid point
TheQoun said:
As for the score drop it’s a mix of new viewers not riding the hype that it originally had when airing therefore leading to more clearer and just reviews. With Jujutsu Kaisen I’m betting right now that it will peak at 8.6 but will decrease and stay at around 8.4 by next year.
Yeah and who knows with time will decrease gradually or increase if the next season put people in hype, but Boku no Hero airs make 5 years and i the last few months particularly is decreasing way more than ever, and ridiculoes and constantly reviews how that pimple is bad also
TheQoun said:
(Btw that essay you made to prove why my hero was better goes to show to what extent people need to go to justify why my hero is good when In reality it’s just a solid shonen it’s not really good like let’s say Gintama or Demon slayer where you can in a paragraph explain rationally why they are great shonen)
I dont agree, what I interpretate from that, is that the show is more complex reason why people dont understand, since have more nuances and is hard to understand and see, than Ginatama and Demons Slayer, wich is not the case in the case of Gintama only, and yeah if a show needs to be explained in more than one paragraph it means its not that superficial and its better as people think but couldnt see if is the case, sorry but in your classes of languages, the authors awarded for genius you studied were not explained in a paragraph and that easy to understand or to perceive all the layers below that initial and more on the surface, in the case of Demon Slayer yeah is great, I dont like as much as JJK and Boku no Hero Academia but I consider that is fun and have magnific production wich personolly love but isnt what I have more in consideration, probably I dont understand the story, prupose and messages very well, but that is because of life expiriences and instead of people trying to devalue other series, explain more why the series you love so much are that great, dont saying you cant have a negative points about the series but dont use that to devalue the series instead of make a constructive opinion.
Rodster18Mar 2, 2021 12:30 PM
Mar 2, 2021 3:06 AM
Jan 2021
Sigmocs said:
Rodster18 said:
First of all, say my opinionis ridiculous is because you dont understand what I write, probably because of my bad english, I never said that the low rating means is destroying a series, what I want to say is that is a indicator for the constant, most of the time ridiculous propaganda of how the series are bad, never said people cant say their opinion, but lets see that clearly that propaganda is having sucssess, that happens in the last few months with a series that airs 5 years ago, so answering me why this is happening now and not gradually among the years like other animes, is it because of this propaganda that it grows more and more? People are easily manipulated with this type of things, several people have already admitted to me that they would give the series a score but that they didn't give higher or that in time they gave lower because it seemed bad because it was Boku no Hero Academia, so imagine when someone listen a review of lots of persons, obviously his mind changes about that with time, is more easy to belong to that group.
I didn’t say your opinion was ridiculous, I don’t care if you like the show more than me or other people, that’s all fine and there’s nothing wrong with that, it’s that requesting the show to be rated higher is ridiculous. As for why is it happening right now, it could be for any reason, I don’t think it’s fair to immediately assume it’s because of propaganda
I cant not assume that with what I see but ok valid opinion, sorry if I interpretate you badly and no I dont want to the show have a higher score, I was warning that it is not cool to be easily manipulated depending on the case and foe people dont be always trying to constantly devalue the series with other series, or without. I was fed up to the point that even though it wasn’t one of my favorites, I felt obliged to come here and say
Rodster18Mar 2, 2021 3:22 AM
Mar 2, 2021 3:16 AM
Jan 2021
PinkOni said:
Because people may rewatch the series and not like it as much, watch other series and then re-evaluate their original score, or think it’s a 7/10 from the beginning just like me lol.
Good answer

PinkOni said:
Nice essay though. Too long to read.
Thx I dont want to changes peoples mind but this how I think anime should be like, people not giving only their bad opinions, also try to show to other people what the series also have great, altough I didnt developed that much about the series
Mar 2, 2021 3:25 AM

Jan 2021
overtime more people will watch it and as the hype has died down, may view the series more objectively. i was fine with mha s1, thought it was going to be great until the sequels came out.
also, people will re-watch the series which can highlight its flaws more and they might lower their rating.
i think mha has quite a generous rating, but as you can see most shows are losing rating (YLIA, KnY, kimi no na wa, fmab, lotgh, just to name a few).
"不幸だ!" - Kamijou Touma
Check out my anime list by clicking here (it's public now).

Mar 2, 2021 3:32 AM

Sep 2020
Boku no Hero Academia deserves a 9+ score. But it doesn't matter since a true fan won't mind the scores. Even if MHA goes below 6 or 5, I will still love it and it will be my favourite anime of all time
MHAisTrueKingMar 2, 2021 3:35 AM

WHAT A LAUGHABLE ATTEMPT.
YOU SHOULD JUST STAY WHERE YOU ARE
, GROVELING AT MY FEET

P.S. PLEASE HELP ME GAIN MORE PROFILE VIEWS
Mar 2, 2021 3:35 AM
Jan 2021
MHAisTrueKing said:
Boku no Hero Academia deserves a 9+ score. But it doesn't matter since a true fan doesn't need a good score to like an anime
True but could make people in future dont want to watch the series because of that, plus more popularity more money, more benefits to who likes the series
Mar 2, 2021 3:39 AM

Sep 2020
Rodster18 said:
MHAisTrueKing said:
Boku no Hero Academia deserves a 9+ score. But it doesn't matter since a true fan doesn't need a good score to like an anime
True but could make people in future dont want to watch the series because of that, plus more popularity more money, more benefits to who likes the series
But many popular anime have a low rating like sao. But people still continue to watch it since it made an impression. MHA also made an impression like that. So I don't think low rating would affect a show as popular as MHA

WHAT A LAUGHABLE ATTEMPT.
YOU SHOULD JUST STAY WHERE YOU ARE
, GROVELING AT MY FEET

P.S. PLEASE HELP ME GAIN MORE PROFILE VIEWS
Mar 2, 2021 3:43 AM

Aug 2019
The first 2 seasons of Boku no Hero were very enjoyable, but as the novelty of the superhero genre has worn out, so has my anticipation when a new season is announced. It's just not as enjoyable as it used to be, personally.

Naturally, as the hype in a series dies down over time, the people who watch it later are less inclined to be swayed by it's reputation and the buzz around it, and you generally get a better idea of what people really think about the series/season.

Just look at Demon Slayer in 2019. At one point, it was sitting at around 8.97 after it aired and now it's around 8.6. The truly great shows/seasons barely move in score over time, which is a better indicator of true public perception.
Mar 2, 2021 3:45 AM

Jan 2021
MHAisTrueKing said:
Rodster18 said:
But many popular anime have a low rating like sao. But people still continue to watch it since it made an impression. MHA also made an impression like that. So I don't think low rating would affect a show as popular as MHA

this. even if mha went to 7, it's undoubtedly the most popular battle shounen we've had in the past 2 or 3 years (apart from obviously attack on titan), the closest things to it being Demon Slayer and JJK (JJK may overtake it though, it has 30 million copies of the manga in circulation which is absolutely ridiculous).
"不幸だ!" - Kamijou Touma
Check out my anime list by clicking here (it's public now).

Mar 2, 2021 3:50 AM
Jan 2021
MHAisTrueKing said:
Rodster18 said:
100 percent agreed
Mar 2, 2021 5:15 AM
Feb 2021
Rodster18 said:
I would like to know how a series, beeing more specific, a season that dont airs makes 5 years, is been decreasing drastically, to be more exatct 0.3 and will become way worst, thing that didnt happens with other animes, the most close case I know is OPM with only 0.1 because of season 2, wich I think is not strange since some people rate the entire story rating the 1 season thing but Boku no Hero Academia even the other seasons decrease a lot, the exist people complaining with AOT(wich is a masterpiece). So I ask you, you dont see the season makes time and the communities, tweets, youtubers, comments about the series where the subject is not even about the series, and others people opinions, and contantly videos saying how bad is, wich is what have more about the series, and you comprehend their prespective or try in all cost to dont feel inferior and be known as the person that likes My Hero Academia, wich is difficult, knowing that you will have to listen wrong and superficial peoples review, sometimes purely because of hate or dont have the same life expiriences and dont try to understand wich message, prupose, character background the series have in lots of moments.

Cant you simply enjoy?

Are you watching for the first time and since there is lots of good animated animes you prefer those ones, shows that have a big improve because of direction and look more dark only because of aesthetics.

The fun thing is that Boku no Hero Academia is noteven close my favourite anime, have deffect like every single serie that you like but dont have people constantly pointing to any defect that the series has, or not for the reasons I explain in the other paragraph, personally I dont like the structure, is a bit repetitive, always two cours, one calm other intense, they only improve their strength, in school moments... things that I think could and will be resolved in next seasons even why the author cant forget the theme school (I have to say that this "Academia" part in only a prologue for what will comes since he said in a interviewhe want to become the story more dark and complex since the start, he have a defined fanbase now, have dark shounen making sucssess, so I think this "Academia" have the prupose to show the society, how it works, what means a hero, develop characters, define their personalities, making us better acquainted with them and giving them greater background and credibility) but there lots of other things that define the anime and that are so much important and relevant for the series.

Is because of the fandom that easly can avoid, I that like only saw few things, gay ships I dont see makes lots of time, if is because how they praise the series, sorry but that excuse is poor, first because I dont see that makes lots of time, second because what I see is the exact opposite,third Jujutsu Kaisen is way worse and anyone is speaking about that, and hope continues like this, is people opinion,have a strong psychological and respect.

So I ask you to be humble in your responses and excuse any aggression, but altough is not even close my favourite, is starts beeing anoying this situations and people always trying to destroy the series, and are beeing sucssesseful, congrats.

I will only answer, using what I saw and in some other comments, to some of the most common things people dont like in the series who wants to read is right here:

Midoria is a good character, not my favourite from the series, but thats is having his slow but good develop, the prupose of him as a character dont need to have the same of every 'good" protagonist and at a some point change drastically his personallity and way of think to be honest I that is becoming clichê, speacially because All Migh choose him for a reason, not because he was the strongest but because he was the most heroic, a good substitute to be a symbol of peace, and a person to be the symbol of peace it cannot be someone who has the shaking psychological and his ideals, and he cannot have the shaking psychological, it does not mean that he cannot cry, as this does not represent weakness but concern for others, concern for the population that is more than necessary for him to be the representative, he never run from a fight, was scared but that was what he chooses, to not speak his essence that makes him move, but he is aware that it cannot be that way since he needs to become someone who conveys more confidence, giving security to the population and causing the villains to escape, in order to decrease the crime rate.

Speaking about cry He does not have a father, he probably died, the other children who do and he probably did not know why, the only reference figure he has is a woman, and it is his mother, who is depressed and has been gaining weight, he has long since new he admired all might and since he was very young, he grew up with that admiration and principles that all might inspired him, taking for himself as a dream, becoming a hero, in a world where most have powers, life gives a kick to your dreams , and he, unlike the others he lives with, does not wake up, afterwards he was strongly bullied, which justifies his lack of confidence and fragility. A little older did not stop believing in his dream, All might the person he most admired and who was in front of him told him to give up, that his dream was impossible, until he has a super heroic and altruistic act and goes to the rescue of the bakugou, even after that other kick in life. After that, the person he admires the most, with the least chance of being there, not only recognizes him but also does the impossible and there were never any reports in that world, happen and gives him the possibility of realizing his altruistic dream, impossible that he never left to believe. Then when using the power he breaks the entire body and even if he uses it again you know the pain that it is not !!! When it's the fight of All might and All For One and all might points to him you know what the weight is on his back, the responsibility, the life of the whole world was put on his back, how scary is the thing that he has to have that unthinkable ability to achieve, and the fact that he is the next to fight that monstrous level of dangerousness that was not even the maximum of them both

When he went to the rescue of Bakugou no one without power tried to help, the Pro-Heroes with powers and forts were there and were not going up, and I don't know if you know but what people have impulses to save others, there is, parents' reports that this happened in saving their children, from simple protective gestures, even involuntary acts of the whole body. And at the time it was more than explicit that he was disturbing, what happened there was a scene to show the concern he had for others, the famous heroic spirit. And he is valued for his actions or it does not depend on the situation, on the person who is giving him a criticism, what exactly he did at the specific moment, what he learned so far and had an obligation to know and have done, now one thing is certain, he with these acts, inspires others and only shows how ideal he is to be the replacement for All Might, things are not so linear I had never heard of it from he have a father Alive, only if you consider that All Might replace that place in his heart, but well, it is still fragile for the boy and seeing other parents playing with their children, because in the manga it has been over a year, he is studying to be a hero and his father he did not even appear with concern or surprise as he awoke a power, if he really exists, the reason for him not to appear must be fragilizing for Midoria, either because he does not care, whatever, besides not having a father figure and masculine in his life, a figure he found in All Might. When Bakugou destroyed the building they were in training, it was not a life or death battle, he could have killed him, training that was the first and none of them had experience and a sense of the power of one of the others, even later in future training to situation was already a little different. In police training they don't start training by shooting each other. In fact, do not forget that they were relatively children, even when they defeated the stain, it cannot be said that they were responsible because it would be dangerous to know that the school had very young people who were already very powerful. Midoria was inspired by All Might and grew up taking these principles into account, taking them for him, I am sure that you should also have your idols and that you have taken as your own some principles that you have come to admire after understanding or simply finding it interesting . When you grew up, your parents imposed principles on you that you do not dispute, perhaps on the contrary, following to the letter. What tells you that helping people is a good thing but a bad thing, it was something that society, or your parents, imposed on you from a very young age and you would not imagine otherwise today. In his case it was probably the same and expanded by All Might, you don't know exactly what his childhood was like and as he followed the teachings of All Might what kind of approval arose in him, taking those teachings to himself, to the point of being something natural how to breathe. And I think it is more than seen and proven in the series that he cares, that he wants to help people and shows that he is more courageous than none, that even his goal is not to be the number 1 hero for the sake of recognition, but rather for the sake of putting the weight on your back and imposing respect on the villains and decreasing the crime rate, I'm even sure that if he didn't become, but reached his goal, he would be more than satisfied, because it would mean that there was someone stronger yet who was there to help you keep people safe, and it is a fact and it is more than proven. On the other hand, Bakugou wants to be number 1 for recognition, it aims to prove the strongest with statistics depending on how much and how strong were the villains he defeated, he who also grew up admiring the All Might, but who had a vision different from him, since he was pampered he always had everything, he had strong powers, in his view as a child, strong powers to the point of imposing respect on others and eventually overcoming the All Might, and nothing better than demonstrating that than defeating villains, once again taking this lifestyle for himself, he also like to feel that was above others like we see in his childhood, and nothing better than beeing the number 1 Heroe and be above not only society but Heroes and Villains, in fact all of this led him to develop an inferiority complex since being always on top, super strong, no one messed with him, there is no one who does not praise him, when the person he always humiliated and never thought had a chance to start overcoming him If you were waiting for Batman to appear there, I am sorry, this is not the premise and it is quite explicit at the beginning that that society is unfair to those who have no powers. And no, having powers does not mean being stronger, that's why not everyone is a Hero, some are, but they give up, or are just mediocre heroes, what happens is that who has, has more potential and who does not have , he always has the opportunity to be a policeman, as mentioned there, policemen who intervene but when the situation takes on other shapes, since we are talking about a society with powers, and in fact there are people with weaker powers but as we see from Mirio, he learned how to use it and proved that even a weak individual if well used and trained can overcome anyone, now don't ask me for a martial arts fighter to beat Dabi for example.

Oh wow that's way to much for me to read since it ain't manga or manhua but I get the just of it by skimming through it. People just be hating because imo my hero gets better with every season
Mar 2, 2021 9:16 AM
Dec 2019
Why do you care a lot about this? I mean, personally I don't think this is the jewel of anime. It's a typical shonen that a lot of people is into maybe because they're people with superpowers like Marvel characters or whatever. Obviously more and more people that haven't watched this will do it so the score of it will never be the same... The fandom is probably one of the worst, and some characters are really annoying (Bakugo specially), there's no real plot, it's just an anime about superheroes. Manga readers says "it gets better later", so do I have to wait idk like 6 seasons to see a real plot? Nah, it's just overrated and a lot of fangirls.
Mar 2, 2021 12:19 PM
Jan 2021
Yeanku said:
Why do you care a lot about this? I mean, personally I don't think this is the jewel of anime. It's a typical shonen that a lot of people is into maybe because they're people with superpowers like Marvel characters or whatever. Obviously more and more people that haven't watched this will do it so the score of it will never be the same... The fandom is probably one of the worst, and some characters are really annoying (Bakugo specially), there's no real plot, it's just an anime about superheroes. Manga readers says "it gets better later", so do I have to wait idk like 6 seasons to see a real plot? Nah, it's just overrated and a lot of fangirls.
Boku no Hero have the worst fandom, one person represents the rest, sure, and the person that comes here to be toxic were these fans... what means overrated, lots of persons like, tastes, respect, it gets better but already is good and have plot like other animes have deffects, good and bad characters, characters we hate or like like all series, and clearly the story is way more than a superhero story, dont have all that animation and direction like other series, dont have fights every episode, dont have as main focus fights, ok, I care more about the story itself, messages and symbols, if you dont like, so is bad like you want to look like, sorry but I dont believe you only thing that you extract from the series is that, if yes ok respect, but anyone is devaluing other series here, sorry if you dont like and clearly you dont read what I write and know the reason why I care about this, wich is not the score itself
Rodster18Mar 2, 2021 12:34 PM
Mar 2, 2021 6:32 PM

Apr 2018
Sigmocs said:

Actually, most sequel scores go UP from my observations, not the other way around due to "survivorship bias": the people who keep watching tend to be the people who actually like the series and are more willing to rate it higher. When it does go down, that's a pretty strong indicator that somethings off.
Mar 2, 2021 6:33 PM
Sep 2020
Parataxical said:
Sigmocs said:

Actually, most sequel scores go UP from my observations, not the other way around due to "survivorship bias": the people who keep watching tend to be the people who actually like the series and are more willing to rate it higher. When it does go down, that's a pretty strong indicator that somethings off.
what do you mean by “sequel scores”?
Mar 2, 2021 6:38 PM

Apr 2018
Sigmocs said:
Parataxical said:

I was referring to the fact that every subsequent season of BNHA has a lower MAL score than the one that preceded it.
Mar 2, 2021 6:42 PM
Sep 2020
Parataxical said:
Sigmocs said:

I was referring to the fact that every subsequent season of BNHA has a lower MAL score than the one that preceded it.
that’s because people agree that some of the later seasons are not as good as the previous one, and so do I. Why would I rate a sequel season off of a previous season? That’s what having each season listed individually is for. If the trend is that most sequel seasons go up, and MHA doesn’t, it’s just because people don’t like the sequel seasons as much
Mar 3, 2021 5:36 AM
Jan 2021
Parataxical said:
Sigmocs said:

Sigmocs said:
Parataxical said:

that’s because people agree that some of the later seasons are not as good as the previous one, and so do I. Why would I rate a sequel season off of a previous season? That’s what having each season listed individually is for. If the trend is that most sequel seasons go up, and MHA doesn’t, it’s just because people don’t like the sequel seasons as much
those who do not like one season, will not see the other so it has a tendency for each season, as people drop, the seasons of the following seasons decrease, now in the case of Boku no Hero, even taking this hate all the majority of people, whether haters or fans continue to see, which we can see by the number of members, in any case the number of people who do not like and see decreases, however small, so it is strange that other seasons decrease in the same way or even more than the first, I m not speaking about the score itself but its decrease. Personally think that season 2 and 3, altough many people dont like season 3 because of the decrease of animation, are way better than the 1st one but ok, like I said tastes
Mar 3, 2021 5:43 AM

Mar 2019
Anime ratings go down gradually. It's natural. Don't make a fuss of it.

I play BanG Dream! Girls Band Party

Garupa EN ID: 10759829
Garupa JP ID: 36753163
Mar 3, 2021 10:06 AM
Sep 2020
Rodster18 said:
Parataxical said:

Sigmocs said:
those who do not like one season, will not see the other so it has a tendency for each season, as people drop, the seasons of the following seasons decrease, now in the case of Boku no Hero, even taking this hate all the majority of people, whether haters or fans continue to see, which we can see by the number of members, in any case the number of people who do not like and see decreases, however small, so it is strange that other seasons decrease in the same way or even more than the first, I m not speaking about the score itself but its decrease. Personally think that season 2 and 3, altough many people dont like season 3 because of the decrease of animation, are way better than the 1st one but ok, like I said tastes
why are you just writing off people who don’t like it as “haters”? That’s not really fair to alienate them because they don’t like it as much as you. I can’t speak for everyone, but usually if I don’t like a second season as much, I’m still gonna watch whatever comes next to see if it’s any better, and if it doesn’t, I’m gonna reflect that in my score. I’m not gonna drop it unless I genuinely dislike it, especially when it’s still airing
Mar 3, 2021 4:25 PM
May 2019
Sigmocs said:

Even more, these ratings don’t matter at all lol, if it makes a hit in Japan that’s all that matters.

Proof is uzaki chan getting a a second season
Mar 4, 2021 3:09 PM
Jan 2021
Sigmocs said:
Rodster18 said:
why are you just writing off people who don’t like it as “haters”? That’s not really fair to alienate them because they don’t like it as much as you. I can’t speak for everyone, but usually if I don’t like a second season as much, I’m still gonna watch whatever comes next to see if it’s any better, and if it doesn’t, I’m gonna reflect that in my score. I’m not gonna drop it unless I genuinely dislike it, especially when it’s still airing
I was not saying that people that doent like is hater, what I said is even some haters continue watching, dont try to manipulate what I said
Mar 4, 2021 3:09 PM
Jan 2021
Sigmocs said:
Rodster18 said:
I was not saying that people that doent like is hater, what I said is even some haters and not only continue watching, dont try to manipulate what I said
Mar 4, 2021 3:32 PM
Sep 2020
Rodster18 said:
Sigmocs said:
I was not saying that people that doent like is hater, what I said is even some haters continue watching, dont try to manipulate what I said
you used the phrase “either haters or fans” as if there was an ultimatum where you either have to like it or you’re a hater. I’m not manipulating what you said, that’s exactly what you said
Mar 4, 2021 3:36 PM

Sep 2018
BNHA got a 7/10 several years ago from me. While I like it; it does not really stand out much from other shounen imo.
Mar 4, 2021 4:26 PM
Jan 2021
Sigmocs said:
Rodster18 said:
you used the phrase “either haters or fans” as if there was an ultimatum where you either have to like it or you’re a hater. I’m not manipulating what you said, that’s exactly what you said
Ok everyone with theirs interpretations, if look like that sorry, was not my intention, probably because is not my native language and I use a litle bit of the translator, or simply I didnt express welll I didnt think that I should be so detailed in that part and not only, I taught the message was there, really sorry, I m not here to creat a toxic discussion with someome if you someome want that or feel that what I want, to be clear for those who read this, I only creat this post to expose a thing I feel and is not scores but a toxic nature around the series and his quality, speaking that I m not saying you cant have your opinion in the same way I can have mine, I m saying what I try to intend in the main comment wich is not for people like the series to be clear altough in my rights I put what I think about some crítics in the same way people makes that crítics and not when is the case
Rodster18Mar 4, 2021 5:13 PM
Mar 8, 2021 12:37 PM
Dec 2020
most scores for anime go down over time, mha isn’t as fresh or new as it was in the beginning causing people to lose interest. Also, i bet there were a ton of people who got into anime through mha and got obsessed with it. Then, later they think back to how they acted towards this anime and cringe thinking about it leading to them decreasing their scores. That probably isn’t always the case but plenty of my friends did that so i assume there are others as well. Personally i don’t really like it, it’s not nearly as interesting to me compared to other shounen.
Mar 9, 2021 12:05 AM

Sep 2020
I love this hatedom community where they are just filthy casual pretending to be elite just because mha is "generic" "predictabile" and that's make no sense whatsoever,a.k.a their argument is very vapid and shallow and just boring spamming 5
Apr 15, 2021 10:29 AM

Dec 2019
It's ok that Boku no Pico Academia score is lowering, its fandom is really horrendous and the shitty battle shounens are the only thing that are an entertainment source for them.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

436 by His0kaDevv »»
Apr 11, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

403 by Esu_Kei »»
Apr 10, 1:42 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2016

332 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 21, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

276 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 18, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

294 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 16, 8:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.