Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 27, 2021 11:08 PM
Sep 2020
Hello fellow MAL users. I hope you're having a fine day. Today I would like to talk about the Steins;Gate movie which was really emotionally painful but the same time it was so heartwarming and nice.

(MAJOR SPOILERS FOR THE STEINS;GATE SERIES AND THE MOVIE)

In the movie the roles are switched. This time it's Makise Kirisu that goes under the dilemma of saving her loved one but no matter how many times she will try eventually it will fail. Okabe had told her to forget about him as living in a world where you're the only person that remembers someone is extremely painful because no matter how hard you try to explain it to someone they just won't understand. Kirisu refuses to listen to him but does it anyway as there is no other choice but subconsciously in the future she contradicts herself by making a time-machine in order to save Okabe but isn't honest with herself on what she has to do. Then when all hope is lost, Suzuha mentions that to bring Okabe back to existence Kirisu should implant a strong/influential memory that stands out from the other World lines so that Okabe can believe that this is the so called 'Steins Gate' World Line.

Kirisu goes back in time and meets young Okabe but isn't sure what strong memory to implant without changing the past(changing the past would lead to shifting world lines which is chaotic and an undesirable result) Eventually she sits on a bench in the middle of the rain and after some time Okabe sits right next to her and asks her if she's lost and then later tells that he's meeting a childhood friend who is very depressed (Mayuri). He asks her advice on what should he tell her.

NOW THIS IS THE PART WHICH I LIKE THE MOST:

Kirisu ignoring his question tells young Okabe about a man called Hououin Kyouma, a self proclaimed mad scientist who went through hell and back sacrificing himself over and over again for his loved ones and in the end he emerged victorious, but when he told the story to his loved ones they thought he was crazy and made fun of him and forever labelled him a mad scientist. Okabe replies "That's a sad story" to which Kirisu replies "Really? I think it's a lovely story"

(This is where I teared up)

Anyone who hears the story would think the same thing because A man that sacrificed everything including himself gets no respect and is forever considered a laughing stock is indeed a sad story, But for Kirisu it wasn't, Because the man she loves, the Man she loved in each and ever world line and will love in the forthcoming world lines, the Man who went through the most excruciating pain while crossing multiple world lines just to see his loved ones smile was no other than Okabe Rintarou and I believe she was honored and happy that she was one of those important loved ones he was willing to do anything for.

Then something else hit me which I believe is the most beautiful thing in the movie.

Kirisu tells Okabe's story to young Okabe and as I mentioned above that anyone who hears this story would think it's a sad story and so did young Okabe and this is where the beauty lies.

Okabe Rintarou is a selfish man, he went through all that pain ALONE and was going to vanish from existence ALONE, But he didn't care. He didn't care cuz the people he went through all that pain for; his two most important people in his life (Makise Kirisu and Shiina Mayuri) were alive in the same world line. Okabe was a man who didn't care about moral responsibility (moral responsibility is defined as the status of morally deserving praise, blame, reward or punishment for an act or omission performed) and that was contradicting to what young Okabe thought at that time and this truly shows what a man Okabe turns out to be. A self-proclaimed mad scientist who's world is his loved ones. Okabe once said "My lab members are my allies and the World is my enemy" and stuck to his words till the ever end.

I believe that indeed is a lovely story!

Okabe finally returns to the original 'Steins Gate' World line because the memory that Kirisu implanted was indeed a powerful one that didn't change the events of the past and make Okabe believe that the Steins Gate World line is the genuine one as everyone deep in their heart knew that something was missing. An Obnoxious and Scary, but a Lively and Caring influence in their lives. They were missing an 'Okabe Rintarou' in their lives.

I remember a famous comment a Youtube User made about the famous third highest grossing anime film Kimi No Na Wa (Your Name) which applies elegantly to this movie as well.

"Even if your mind forgets. Your heart will always remember"

Thank you for taking your time to read this and I hope you have an amazing day.

El Psy Congroo!
Feb 28, 2021 3:10 AM
Nov 2017
Steins gate never disappoints neither in movie or in series
Feb 28, 2021 9:32 AM
Nov 2020
How did Okabe pick up the Hououin Kyouma personality before the Steins Gate world line where he never met Kurisu on the bench?
Feb 28, 2021 9:40 AM
Sep 2020
google_mapz said:
How did Okabe pick up the Hououin Kyouma personality before the Steins Gate world line where he never met Kurisu on the bench?

Okabe watched a movie or a tv show (I don't remember exactly what) but it was from an entertainment media about a mad scientist who was crazy about experiments

He mentions this in the first few episodes of the Steins;Gate series when he reminisces about his flashback with Mayuri of how he didn't wanna let her go and wanted to take her hostage.

I haven't watched Steins;Gate 0 so maybe there is more info about that
Mar 12, 2021 8:38 AM

May 2016
Vieger said:
Steins gate never disappoints neither in movie or in series

The movie is a disappointment because it breaks the established time travel rules (it it not even canon btw)
-

More topics from this board

» Contrary to the popular belief, the Steins;Gate movie is canon (video)

SciADV_Maniac - Apr 21

10 by Uzumaki_Itachi_ »»
Yesterday, 6:40 PM

» Canon?

mechian - Nov 7, 2013

13 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Apr 20, 12:56 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate: Fuka Ryouiki no Déjà vu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2013

430 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 20, 2:45 AM

» Reason for kurisu's change of dress while meeting the younger okabe in the steins gate movie

Raajdeep - Jul 30, 2023

4 by Raajdeep »»
Jan 18, 6:00 PM

» Should i watch this?

BeanieWaferz - May 29, 2023

38 by Lemonov »»
Aug 26, 2023 10:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.