Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 27, 2021 9:16 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That guy barely bailout, so he went to help main guy out.

Red team losing w. the two. The girl's memory talk (that means brother and father from Onegai! Ranking audition appearing.) Neighbor father not letting daughter w. them just because she affected her neighbor not doing well. Her family survived, but Neighbor's family didn't. She entered the team because neighbor joined.

It seems like the gun girl was able to learn megane guy's skill, too. She lost, though, and her enemy quit.

Red hair girl attacked megane guy first, then it's one vs. one. No, he left a wire and she was not able to attack another guy.

Edit:
Takumi Rindou, Originally by Keiji Fujiwara, will be voiced by Kenjirou Tsuda (who also voices Koskero). The character will appear in next ep.
https://twitter.com/Anime_W_Trigger/status/1366221655400345603
tsubasaloverMar 1, 2021 11:52 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 27, 2021 10:53 AM
Apr 2020
I really liked this episode, animation on the key fights was smooth and BLOOD IN MY WORLD TRIGGER!! lmao, jokes aside solid episode.
Feb 27, 2021 11:02 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Wow, I didn't expect the battle to end up as it did. I figured Chika would easily win her one on one and for it to be an easy win for their team, but the other two teams actually managed to make it a close match. Chika lost but forced her opponent to choose to bailout since she couldn't move from the lead bullets.

Kuga surviving his encounter from last episode wasn't a complete shock, though using that trion technique, scorpion, to close off his wound was a neat surprise, both for us and the spectators. Mikumo pulled off an amazing feat with his spiderweb and managed to take down two members of the pink team, which is pretty amazing. Though Yoko's near comeback was completely unexpected and epic. If it wasn't for some last second trap setting by Mikumo before bailing out, she might have even won the match.

World Trigger does a really good job of developing every character, even minor ones we might not see again. While the flashback of Yoko and Hana was longer than it needed to be, presumably to fill out the run time so the episode could end at the end of the match, it did a good job of portraying Yoko and Hana's relationship, and actually made me feel bad for Yoko when she ending up losing.

Another great episode. Keep them coming.
Feb 27, 2021 11:03 AM

Apr 2014
This episode was good. Kuga Yuma got one point and used Scorpion to seal up his wound so he would not bail out too early. Pretty good move. As for Mikumo he managed to get one of Yoko's team mates to bail out early. Then Yuma comes in for the offense. Then Mikumo takes out Yoko's other squad member. Chika got defeated by Teruya but forced her to bail out after hitting her with lead bullet hound. Yoko managed to take out Mikumo but unfornately did not foresee Mikumo using one last wire to block her attacking Kuma. Kuma uses a scorpion technique to take out Yoko. Episode ends. Wow. Looking forward to the next episode.
Feb 27, 2021 11:17 AM
Jun 2015
Damn. Chika got owned lmaooo. Maybe if she wasn't a simp and actually killed her opponents. Either way great episode with Osamu as the MVP. Hes getting much better at tactics this time
Feb 27, 2021 11:18 AM
Oct 2015
I really did not expect them to show Hana's injury, god bless the late-night slot.
Pacing and animation are still fantastic, and loads of new soundtracks in the episode too.
Feb 27, 2021 12:15 PM

Jun 2019
Mikumu and Chika really grew this battle. Mikumu’s strategies and patience let him take out 2 people and Chika using hound + lead bullet was a smart move. The flashback for the girl on the other team was kind of abrupt, but I’m sure it will be good to know for down the road.
Feb 27, 2021 12:25 PM
May 2017
anime-prime said:
Wow, I didn't expect the battle to end up as it did. I figured Chika would easily win her one on one and for it to be an easy win for their team, but the other two teams actually managed to make it a close match. Chika lost but forced her opponent to choose to bailout since she couldn't move from the lead bullets.

Kuga surviving his encounter from last episode wasn't a complete shock, though using that trion technique, scorpion, to close off his wound was a neat surprise, both for us and the spectators. Mikumo pulled off an amazing feat with his spiderweb and managed to take down two members of the pink team, which is pretty amazing. Though Yoko's near comeback was completely unexpected and epic. If it wasn't for some last second trap setting by Mikumo before bailing out, she might have even won the match.

World Trigger does a really good job of developing every character, even minor ones we might not see again. While the flashback of Yoko and Hana was longer than it needed to be, presumably to fill out the run time so the episode could end at the end of the match, it did a good job of portraying Yoko and Hana's relationship, and actually made me feel bad for Yoko when she ending up losing.

Another great episode. Keep them coming.
chikas hound with lead bullets would be a frightening combo if she comes to terms wit shooting people

shane_nichols said:
Damn. Chika got owned lmaooo. Maybe if she wasn't a simp and actually killed her opponents. Either way great episode with Osamu as the MVP. Hes getting much better at tactics this time
Because she doesnt like the act of killing people even if is just a simulated environment makes her a simp? Guess i learn something new everyday

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
anime-primeFeb 27, 2021 12:39 PM
Feb 27, 2021 12:39 PM
Jun 2015
DeitysDynasty said:
shane_nichols said:
Because she doesnt like the act of killing people even if is just a simulated environment makes her a simp? Guess i learn something new everyday
No it does. She needs to earn points for her team so they can get to A rank so they can go on away missions
Feb 27, 2021 12:46 PM
May 2017
shane_nichols said:
DeitysDynasty said:
No it does. She needs to earn points for her team so they can get to A rank so they can go on away missions
youre very nonchalant about coming to terms with shooting people.
Feb 27, 2021 12:49 PM
May 2020
shane_nichols said:
DeitysDynasty said:

Actually she doesn't before Ninomiya squad was demoted to B-rank their sniper Hatohara also couldn't shoot people. She still contributed to the team via her support skills, though instead of Chika's lead bullets she just destroyed people's weapons to make them easier for her teammates to take down. And that was on an A-rank squad. Don't underestimate how effective supports can be.
Feb 27, 2021 1:19 PM

Nov 2017
Wow, is this real ? Osamu has gotten really strong.

Kuga is an ace as usual though.

IMO, the only weakness of Chika is actually being weak at close combat situation. Since she usually didn't have fast reaction like other chara. Therefore, i'm pretty sure she will be getting better and better

About the 'not shooting people' behaviour is really fine though. Otherwise, she will literally one shoot everyone in the combat, it is too op.

Also, with that amount of trion, i think Chika will actually able to make giant shield covering her 360º XD
Bay_Mar 12, 2022 7:16 PM
Feb 27, 2021 2:12 PM
Nov 2010
Interesting how it turned out! Both Chika and Osamu's battles were really fun to watch. The memories of Yoko were somewhat needed to make her less irritating, so I'm glad that they were there.
Feb 27, 2021 2:50 PM
Jul 2018
damnnn this episode was super nice, amazing fights once again and cool backstory for those other girls. chika's new technique was pretty surprising too, was really close at the end there but mikumo really saved them there. another win for tamakoma, hope we get to see another rank battle with hyuse after this!
Feb 27, 2021 3:43 PM

Sep 2011
Most surprising thing was they didn't censor hana's fingernails being torn off. The rare bloody moments in this series have impact contrasting all the bloodless violence of the trion fights so I'm glad that was kept.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 27, 2021 5:19 PM

Apr 2020
Perfect episode. Osamu really killed it. He got 2 kills and set wires on her before he bailed out. Chika with the lead bullet hound was genius too.

Imagine what Hyuse can do for this team.

Couldn't Osamu and Kuga voluntarily bail out to deny Katori the points to win? Would've been a huge middle finger lmao
Feb 27, 2021 6:49 PM

Jan 2014
Very irritating episode. Mainly because too much time wasted on red heads back story, and for what?!
Feb 27, 2021 7:02 PM

Aug 2019
looks like the trio is the real deal now that both Chika and Osamu both can pull their own weight, I honestly might give this season an 8 because all the episodes have been pretty damn good so far
Feb 27, 2021 7:31 PM
May 2020
RiceKnight59 said:

Couldn't Osamu and Kuga voluntarily bail out to deny Katori the points to win? Would've been a huge middle finger lmao

No, during the rank wars you can't voluntarily Bail Out if there is anyone from another team within 60 meters.
Feb 27, 2021 7:38 PM
Feb 2021
THIS EPISODE WAS FIRE!!! Tamakoma 2 pulled out all the stops. Yuma's creativity never fails to surprise me. Then we had Osamu with that save! Amazeballs. We can't forget Chika, Hound Lead Bullets was inspired. Such an amazing job and plan on their part. But MVP of this episode was Osamu, I really love the development of his character. He was no longer focused on just trying to get points and he analyzed the match, had a great reading of each of the other teams and their tactics, and supported his team like a pro. And because of that he was able to secure 2 points in the process. I wish that they didn't have that much focus on the flash back, but other than that this episode was sublime. The 3 episode battle span was great! Can't wait for the next episode. ( Also can't wait to see Hyuse join the team)
Feb 27, 2021 7:48 PM
Mar 2018
That backstory shows that everyone has a reason to be in Border and to climb to the top, but it doesn't make the the reason why you should win so easily.

What a way to conclude the fight, was thinking that it would a clean sweep, but after Chika and Osamu fell, it proves that they aren't close to perfect yet. Probably the part where Hyuse comes in.

Feb 27, 2021 10:52 PM

Apr 2018
That flashback was like filler, other than that the episode was good as usual. I thought that alien would join this match.

Feb 27, 2021 11:27 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I really liked the backstory part to be honest, it was top-notch especially for the tragic part, and it makes the match even more intense! I can't wait to see the next episode
Feb 27, 2021 11:37 PM

Oct 2017
Lead Hound, Chika can do anything XD. Thou too bad she was taken out.

Yoko's backstory was so so. Didn't make me like her character any better. She's still annoying.

The battle's finally over and Kuga was the only one who survived. Well done Mikumo kun, he did a great job supporting his team this entire battle.
Feb 28, 2021 2:05 AM

Jul 2014
Osamu's kills were dope as hell, man. Especially the second one.
Feb 28, 2021 3:48 AM

Jun 2016
i swear the backstory also fight scene is super goooddddd
Feb 28, 2021 6:42 AM
May 2017
Lisk- said:
Wow, is this real ? Osamu has gotten really strong.

Kuga is an ace as usual though.

IMO, the only weakness of Chika is actually, being weak at close combat situation. Since she usually didn't have fast reaction like other chara lol. Therefore, i'm pretty sure she will be getting better and better

About the 'not shooting people' behaviour is really fine though. Otherwise, she will literally one shoot everyone in the combat, it is too op.

Also, with that amount of trion, i think Chika will actually able to make giant shield covering her 360º XD
it's kinda sad she couldnt anticipate a hound but not like she has front line experience. lets pray she grows
Feb 28, 2021 1:09 PM

Oct 2017
Great episode! Yoko’s backstory was animated nicely. I thought the part with Hana’s fingers was gonna be censored.

Nice to see osamu take people out. Yoko did pretty decent at the end before being taken out.
Mar 1, 2021 2:09 AM

Apr 2009
Good fight on this episode. Osamu's getting better at fighting and good to see Chika has backup skills beyond sniping.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Mar 1, 2021 2:47 AM

Jul 2016
Xandaros said:
Very irritating episode. Mainly because too much time wasted on red heads back story, and for what?!

I agree. Unless she becomes some badass character moving forwward I just dont care enough.
Mar 1, 2021 2:53 AM

Oct 2020
I thought for sure that Kuga's team because the titled of the episode was "Shutdown" but, I was wrong. In this episode, we can see that our boy, Mikumo had grown so much after season 1.
Mar 1, 2021 6:13 PM
Mar 2021
I am not a Chika believer. I won't be until she shows an interest in testing her own limits.

Girl, get pissed off that you added some close range survival tech to your build and you still got killed.
Mar 3, 2021 8:13 PM

Dec 2013
Good stuff! I'm now convinced that this is the best Shonen's of all time. Love how in depth they go with all the strategy. And it looks like Osamu finally did some work lo.l
Mar 5, 2021 1:32 AM

Sep 2019
They won atleast, I was expecting atleast two of them to survive but Kuga survived only.
Jun 1, 2021 10:32 PM
Apr 2018
- Talent plays significant role, but it can also be a limiter (in most cases), as in the case of KATORI.
- Last Moment Study can't beat the consistent Study.
- Btw, KUGA is much more talented than her.

KUGA's team won. Cheers!
Oct 23, 2021 9:41 PM
Aug 2015
That was a close one.
Dec 10, 2021 7:58 AM

Dec 2015
Osamu taking people out was brilliant. Those wires really help him and his team out. Chika's getting more versatile with her lead bullets. And Kuga's just as creative as ever.

Katori is quite the tsundere. No wonder she has such a prickly personality. Hana's logic is kinda terrifying but I guess this freed her in some ways. Leave it to her to keep it cool while making hard decisions.

On another note, kinda miss the narrator and him saying Trigger On.
Jul 14, 2022 10:43 AM

Mar 2019
OSAMUUU!!!!!
That last part was so good followed by Yuma using Kageura's strategy to kill her in the end. I was hoping they would be able to kill that girl that was on the ground but sadly she managed to defeat Chika and bail out, still though, nice point for her, she deserved it.

Also I enjoyed this backstory, but omg, Katori is so dumb. If anything, that story made me like Hana more, not this brat whose whole family survived, was always annoying when she was little and never caring about anything because "I'm talented" yet she can't do anything against the actual good opponents here and then she says how much she hates Tamakoma2, for beating them, since their reasons are actually serious? All the fault is on her for never working with her team. I'm glad they got a point so her other 2 teammates won't feel so defeated since they were nice.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Feb 12, 2023 12:45 PM
Oct 2019
well it's nice to see chika isn't totally useless like she used to be

as for osamu, bro... so dumb. just standing there with his shield down? why? ridiculous. how was his shield able to withstand all the hits it took? how was he able to launch all those meteorite attacks? he runs out of trion after like 2 of them

it was good that tamakoma2 didn't just sweep the battle. they still have a lot to work on. yuma doesn't seem as strong this season

More topics from this board

Poll: » World Trigger 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2021

32 by Nanashi »»
May 19, 2023 8:59 AM

Poll: » World Trigger 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

48 by Foreall908 »»
Apr 30, 2023 3:54 PM

» Finally after 759 long days.. (Yay Dub)

Mystogan14579 - Feb 8, 2023

3 by UltimateKai »»
Feb 9, 2023 7:58 AM

» World trigger 2nd season Dub?

Ruin_xo - Apr 12, 2021

8 by Mystogan14579 »»
Feb 8, 2023 3:12 PM

Poll: » World Trigger 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 6, 2021

29 by Arlindox0 »»
Nov 9, 2022 1:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.