Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
So I'm a Spider, So What? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 26, 2021 1:10 PM

Jun 2016
Kumoko is on fire... literally... XD

Feb 26, 2021 1:33 PM

Mar 2016
Blue_Maroon said:
The school flashback took half an episode just to establish the spooky girl and that Shun was nice to the MC. There are too many names and characters for me to remember relationships between them in past and current lives. The CGI on the fire dragon was a little rough. I don’t know why the MC chose to fight it and not escape when she was overmatched.
also that schlain and katia have a third friend, and that the guy who tried to kill shun used to be a normal kid
here's a spoiler free sheet i found on reddit so you remember who's who
Aure0linFeb 26, 2021 1:37 PM
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Feb 26, 2021 1:48 PM

Jan 2015
jmstructor said:
Xenocrisi said:

Yeah
As an homosexual, I don’t really know how to feel about this. Idk if it was to make stuff easier for the character or if the author sees gay people as women, which is...questionable and worrying? Anyways, definitely not a smart thing to make the only gay character reincarnated as a woman

I think the book does a pretty good job with it, in the book they do put more focus on the students shifting from their old selves to their new selves over time.

I don't think they are going to include these scenes in the anime (the anime might be past them already), but I will spoiler tag it anyway.

Still a bad choice if you asked me. Having an “explanation” or reasoning, however you want to call it, doesn’t make it any better. Fact is that the only gay character was swapped into a woman, which is definitely something that could have been avoided
XenocrisiFeb 26, 2021 1:55 PM
Feb 26, 2021 3:07 PM

Oct 2007
as usual, it feels so sweet to skip the angsty teenager parts of the show. Skipped them.

Kumoko finds a badly injured cg fire dragon. But even in if it's injured, still a tough and intelligent opponent. It's the birth of more parallel wills. :3

looking forward to next week! :)
Feb 26, 2021 3:42 PM

Oct 2019
I wonder how Kumoko (who used to be Wakaba Hiiro, right?) will escape that dragon. Maybe via a deus ex machina? If Wakaba Hiiro indeed died and she is Kumoko then she will be either reincarnated a second time (perhaps as a result of one of her skills) or Oka-chan lied for some reason. It cannot be neither because we are still at the 8th episode and there are 16 more on the season.

The reason for this assumed lie might be because she was reincarnated as a spider (not just any spider but ... "a portent of misfortune") and also has gathered plenty of taboo, abyss and generally dark skills and magic; Oka-chan previously mentioned that certain skills (or all skills when high enough? this was unclear) are dangerous, so it would make sense for her to lie about Kumoko. Furthermore, secrets and lies usually go hand in hand, and Oka-chan is full of secrets..
Feb 26, 2021 4:24 PM

Apr 2015
Was nice to see a bit of the class before the reincarnation. Ironic how the guy who get teased for liking boys, actually reincarnated as a woman.

Also that Spooky girl actually is really spooky and was nice to see Kumoko in her previous life as well. What a difference it makes, no energy as a human and far too much as a spider XD

Rip Kumoko... or well, you know... So the teacher elf says...
Feb 26, 2021 4:43 PM

Mar 2010
Holy shit second half when spider gal was fighting was just fucking perfection.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 26, 2021 5:00 PM

Nov 2011
Nice to see the characters from Original world and who they reincarnated as (even though we knew who most were) outside of a few unknowns.

So Wakaba Possibly is Kumoko?

Kumoko is in one hell of a predicament though with that Fire Dragon.

Oh Man I am super excited for next week now!

ALso had flashbacks of this during the episode.

SoraSenpaiFeb 26, 2021 5:08 PM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 26, 2021 5:06 PM

Dec 2016
I am finding the spider to be incredibly annoying.

Spends half of each episode rambling and carrying on without much progression.
Feb 26, 2021 5:12 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah, its about time they talked about their past life as a teenage high-schooler. No matter generic it was, its still needed to add a more deep into the character development. Man, their sensei past life form was really good. She was pretty and looked a fun person. I can't believed she was reincarnated as a petite elf, with all of those secret she held at her hands. Big ashame xd.

At this point, i could see their last past interaction, as how Shun aka prince Schlain-sama and Seri had a deep relationship before with all of their classmate. The highlight from me where i think, i may have a basic of knowledge of why Kanata reincarnated as a girl in those world, relying on their interaction there. Lol. Interesting that the other closed friend of Shun at those past, Kyouya, was missing from their surroundings. Whats exactly goin on behind his fate, and some of the missing classmate, and Kumoko, from their point of view, were still unknown. At the time being, i may have a suggestion him as the the fire dragon that Kumoko fought in these episode. Or was that a different reincarnation, i still don't know the truth behind a certain reincarnation life cycle. I guess i am wrong, tho. The other kids, especially the jerk one, were all just fine. I wonder why elf sensei talked nonsense about Kumoko current situations. I mean, death?

Meanwhile, Kumoko, kept gathering all of its needed to catch up the survival of the fittest cycle and its challenge. The perseverance usage already been animated. Thats good. The wisdom skills already been revealed with all of those heavy text and explanations. In short, its just a good call, i guess, because Kumoko could use a magic for real now. The Abyss Magic, eh? Congratulations! Then, congratulations for your next two parallel mind friends in your brain, Magic Brain, and the other one. Wow, Kumoko, you grew bigger than i expected!

However, its not the end, yet for her journey. Its time to tested up all of Kumoko's effort. Whats its the little spider next challenger? Yeah, a fire dragon lvl 1 with a good intelligence on it. Then the last scene suggest that Kumoko death. Seriously? Okay. I shall be patience for the next episode....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 26, 2021 5:35 PM
Apr 2020
Kumoko using magic is so cool, and she's fighting that OP dragon! And now, she has four minds working! What's the specialty of the new one tho, looks like a scientific mind. lol

If Hiiro Wakaba is dead, then Kumoko isn't Hiiro Wakaba? Then, who's Kumoko?!

Feb 26, 2021 6:49 PM

Jan 2011
residentsleeper

big oof if the only gay character really was the one that got turned into a girl stay classy japan

though at first i found it funny because i couldn't tell which one was spider gal the gloomy girl or the super scary gloomy girl but they didn't hide it for very long.
Feb 26, 2021 6:56 PM
Jun 2007
Woah what a cliffhanging ep, wonder is she still alive or...
Feb 26, 2021 6:58 PM

Jul 2009
In the web novel, isn't this fire dragon battle different?
(Spoiler - Fight?)

(Spoiler - DANGEROUS - Negishi Shouko, appearance - identity)

In the web novel, I thought Shun was stupid but what I saw this episode really makes me look at him as scum.
(Spoiler - My judgment of Shun from this episode. Makes a jab at his future status.)
Feb 26, 2021 7:00 PM

May 2015
katsu044 said:
residentsleeper

big oof if the only gay character really was the one that got turned into a girl stay classy japan

though at first i found it funny because i couldn't tell which one was spider gal the gloomy girl or the super scary gloomy girl but they didn't hide it for very long.

It will all make sense further down the line
Feb 26, 2021 7:11 PM
Dec 2017
Sharpedon said:
I wonder how Kumoko (who used to be Wakaba Hiiro, right?) will escape that dragon. Maybe via a deus ex machina? If Wakaba Hiiro indeed died and she is Kumoko then she will be either reincarnated a second time (perhaps as a result of one of her skills) or Oka-chan lied for some reason. It cannot be neither because we are still at the 8th episode and there are 16 more on the season.

The reason for this assumed lie might be because she was reincarnated as a spider (not just any spider but ... "a portent of misfortune") and also has gathered plenty of taboo, abyss and generally dark skills and magic; Oka-chan previously mentioned that certain skills (or all skills when high enough? this was unclear) are dangerous, so it would make sense for her to lie about Kumoko. Furthermore, secrets and lies usually go hand in hand, and Oka-chan is full of secrets..

You're absolutely correct.
Most people thought that super cheat skills like Pride come without any downside. In fact, the anime skipped it but in one of the past fights she should have said that she didn't wanted to run anymore because that would hurt her Pride.

And this isn't the worst thing the anime has skipped one of her titles is Merciless and it's description literally says

Edit:

There are too many names and characters for me to remember relationships between them in past and current lives.

You don't really need to learn all her names. In fact, most characters call the other with nicknames.
Yamada Shunsuke => Schalin Zagan Analeit => Shun
Ooshima Kanata => Karnatia Seri Anabald => Katia
Shinohara Mire => Feirune => Fei

I don’t know why the MC chose to fight it and not escape when she was overmatched.

You're answer is above.
linkhuesitosFeb 26, 2021 7:18 PM
Feb 26, 2021 8:13 PM

Jun 2015
Was an okay episode, some character back stories from school life. teacher clearing holding onto some sus secrets and it feels like she is meta gaming in terms of this world but if there is a games master it may be her task and she trying to keep everyone safe as possible. Spider girl fighting a very intelligent dragon. I liked the unlocking of two stages of parallel minds in this one eps, but.. Where are we going from here?
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Feb 26, 2021 8:27 PM

Jan 2013
Kumoko got 2 more personalities lmao, she's gonna be even more OP xD While the magic is useful as hell for her but we still don't know what's the "power" of the last personality.

For sure she didn't die, now somehow she will climb even higher. Honestly, i am still far more interested in Kumoko's story than the humans.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 26, 2021 8:48 PM

Sep 2018
Kumoko should move already, magma place is so dangerous for her >,<
I really love her "personality" there's already 4 of them lol
Feb 26, 2021 8:48 PM
Dec 2010
kyled00m said:
Shun sat by, practically eating popcorn, and watched while Wakaba Hiiro (Best Waifu) was bullied. There wasn't even a reason to target Wakaba apart from simple jealousy-SINNERS! He had no intention of interrupting the bullying or preventing it from happening again-meaning he was happy people were being bullied for no reason.

-And he's the one who becomes the hero!?

it seems obvious enough that at this moment Shun deliberately blew up his can in order to save Wakaba and distract the bullies.
Feb 26, 2021 8:57 PM
Dec 2017
Roch2001 said:
Was an okay episode, some character back stories from school life. teacher clearing holding onto some sus secrets and it feels like she is meta gaming in terms of this world but if there is a games master it may be her task and she trying to keep everyone safe as possible.

Not gonna spoile, I'm just goint to say that she has a very good reason to keep her secrets.

Spider girl fighting a very intelligent dragon. I liked the unlocking of two stages of parallel minds in this one eps, but. Where are we going from here?

To the only possible way, Up.
First she need to get to the outside world.
Feb 26, 2021 9:06 PM

Jun 2015
linkhuesitos said:
Roch2001 said:
Was an okay episode, some character back stories from school life. teacher clearing holding onto some sus secrets and it feels like she is meta gaming in terms of this world but if there is a games master it may be her task and she trying to keep everyone safe as possible.

Not gonna spoile, I'm just goint to say that she has a very good reason to keep her secrets.

Spider girl fighting a very intelligent dragon. I liked the unlocking of two stages of parallel minds in this one eps, but. Where are we going from here?

To the only possible way, Up.
First she need to get to the outside world.

Yo, appreciate the shout out. Tbh, I never want answers to questions I might pose, Im just thinking out loud as eps goes on and trying to immerse myself in the current content with speculation. Its nice when your right and a good surprise when your wrong :)
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Feb 26, 2021 10:23 PM

Mar 2017
Fairis said:

it seems obvious enough that at this moment Shun deliberately blew up his can in order to save Wakaba and distract the bullies.

That's what I thought also. But I guess it's possible that he's just a goofball too.
Feb 26, 2021 10:39 PM
Mar 2015
Good fight between Kumiko and the dragon The dynamic of the kids was interesting in their past lives
Feb 26, 2021 11:04 PM

Feb 2020
Okay episode. I'm still not in love with those hoomans but oh, well. 4/5
Feb 27, 2021 12:21 AM

Jul 2017
To those who found out my mistake of Hiiro "Kumoko" Wakaba, she's NOT Spooky.

Thanks for pointing out my mistake, and don't @ me.
Feb 27, 2021 1:43 AM
Dec 2017
Gotta say that I'm impressen about how the anime was capable to link the students new life with the last one without needing their names.

For the novel readers... or people who don't care I also made a version with characters that have not appear yet (so SPOILER)
Feb 27, 2021 2:24 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Well i don't think the school would want such a serious event like an attempted assassination to get out. Still Hugo should have been punished. Looks like the class back then had plenty of hidden tension. Its nice to see what they were like in the past though. Kumoko's rage via her display on stage sure was amusing. Even fearsomely wounded that fire dragon sure looks menacing. Though the battle was a tough one Kumoko's excellent teamwork with the two brains sure added a new sense of tension to the battle. Though to the dragon's credit it was able to realize and neutralize that attack in record time. Looks like this will be the first real challenge since Kumoko gained her new form.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 27, 2021 6:48 AM

Jul 2009
linkhuesitos said:
For the novel readers... or people who don't care I also made a version with characters that have not appear yet (so SPOILER)
For the last set..
Riajuu explode!
Feb 27, 2021 7:57 AM

Oct 2016
Pretty great episode! The backstory of the students were really nice to see, cool that Shun looked exactly the same lmao. I am glad Fei has learned on her past mistakes and Shun has always been a nice dude I see. And Wakaba looks really pretty, the difference between her and Kumoko is night and day.

I love the transition to Kumoko from the students side, she was just rocking lmao. That was a bitch ass cliffhanger, I need m o r e. I am really looking forward to the next episode.
Feb 27, 2021 11:23 AM

Jan 2013
Stejk said:
Sure, go ahead and skip it, but don't expect to understand anything about the plot in the future. They seem boring, because that's what the author wanted - if you pay attention to them, there's actually some depth to each of the characters

Why would an author want me not to pay attention to the characters if he thinks they are indeed good and interesting?
Create the interesting decoy protagonist, then kill her (the spider) and somehow hope we will still like the novel afterwards?
How are the human characters even relevant if they can lose their powers at moment notice thanks to the teacher with admin rights?
Is this some anti-escapism message where you can't away from high school even when isekai'd to another world?
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Feb 27, 2021 12:26 PM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Quite dissappointed. I'd recommend you quys to buy and read the light novels after this season is over.

One fine example is how Kumoko got on fire in this episode. Wish they'd taken it directly from the LN instead of just smashing some shit together and that's that. In LN, Kumoko was talking about how dissappointed she was at the Brain part for being so dumb not realizing she was on fire. And then the Body part doing the same for the Brain part.

AzuchiFeb 27, 2021 12:47 PM
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Feb 27, 2021 12:57 PM
Oct 2018
I liked the Detective Conan reference.

A secret makes a woman, woman.
Feb 27, 2021 1:22 PM
Dec 2017
beast_regards said:

Why would an author want me not to pay attention to the characters if he thinks they are indeed good and interesting?

The students story at the start is just there to be the opposite of Kumoko's events.
They have a really easy life with nothing to fear, meanwhile Kumoko is in life threatening situation the whole time.

Shun story start after Hugo's assination attempt. If you convert Shun's story up to this point it would be the equivalent of the super early game on any RPG before the big bad comes an burns your home/kills your family or whatever set you in your journey. (If you have played X1 this is the equivalent of the time before Metal Face shows).

Little taste of what comes next

How are the human characters even relevant if they can lose their powers at moment notice thanks to the teacher with admin rights?

Why are you assuming that Oka-sensei can do that at will without any cost.

Is this some anti-escapism message where you can't away from high school even when isekai'd to another world?

To be an isekai you only need to be reincarnated... Nowhere does it say your new life should be easy or happy (lol).
Feb 27, 2021 2:11 PM

Jan 2013
linkhuesitos said:
To be an isekai you only need to be reincarnated... Nowhere does it say your new life should be easy or happy (lol).

Except, a spider protagonist's life isn't easy, which makes the human part of the story entirely redundant when it comes to delivering such a message.

linkhuesitos said:

This isn't how the skill is presented.

It is presented as very absolute which practically removes conflict unless the teacher is the ultimate antagonist to the protagonist with a myriad of different skills. The moment she is introduced, Shun story becomes completely irrelevant, and half of this episode is wasted on a backstory that doesn't really matter.

linkhuesitos said:
Shun story start after Hugo's assination attempt...

What is Shun's story anyway? I can't phantom his importance to anything in the story as it is, without reading the novel, and we are 8 episodes in.

As far as story is presented right now, relevant characters are the spider (Kumuko), the teacher (Oka-sensei) and the rapist (Hugo), with Shun totally losing any importance now he was rescued from Hugo's attack and he isn't antagonistic toward the teacher. I am certain it is unintentional, but he feels like a mook now.

Actually, I can imagine the importance of Shun, but only if he is killed by Kumuko later and she realizes she killed her classmate, however since she was bullied and practically kills constantly, I don't this drama as too important.
beast_regardsFeb 27, 2021 2:28 PM
Feb 27, 2021 3:54 PM
Dec 2017
beast_regards said:
Except, a spider protagonist's life isn't easy, which makes the human part of the story entirely redundant when it comes to delivering such a message.

Who suffers more? The one that didn't have anything from the beginning, or the one that had everything and then lost it.
IMO is the latter.

It is presented as very absolute which practically removes conflict unless the teacher is the ultimate antagonist to the protagonist with a myriad of different skills. The moment she is introduced, Shun story becomes completely irrelevant, and half of this episode is wasted on a backstory that doesn't really matter.

Exactly how it removed all the conflict? We all saw the after credits scene of Episode 7, Hugo will comeback and right now this is just the calm before the storm.
Also, yeah Oka may be also an antagonist. Right now she's just sketchy and doesn't present an imminent danger.

And about the Park Scene, more than backstory it's purpose is show the difference in their personalities and relations between their past and actual lives. This is mostly a baseline that will be used in the future... But don't expect the story to remind you of this. The novel does the same, it gives you the tools and it won't care if you actually payed attention or not.
There's Hugo by example. Yes, he was also a little bossy in his past life too but he wasn't an asshole megalomaniac. Whatever happened to him it has to be involved to his new life. You can even see how when Shun scored in soccer Hugo wasn't mad because Shun stole the attention, Hugo was happy and even celebrated with Shun.

Also, if you pay enough attention you can find hints of

What is Shun's story anyway? I can't phantom his importance to anything in the story as it is, without reading the novel, and we are 8 episodes in.

As far as story is presented right now, relevant characters are the spider (Kumuko), the teacher (Oka-sensei) and the rapist (Hugo), with Shun totally losing any importance now he was rescued from Hugo's attack and he isn't antagonistic toward the teacher. I am certain it is unintentional, but he feels like a mook now.

Shun story is a bit weird of a case because it works in reverse. The more his story advance the more sense the early parts make.
It's a thing of Shun being completely oblivious of everything around him.
For example in Episode 1, When Oka is questioned about if any other student was reincarnated as a monster, her answer was "From the 11 I have in Elf Village none of the reincarnated as a monster". Right then we didn't knew that there were other students outised those 11 and the 6 in the academy, but now we know that there're other 5 (if the 4 supposed dead are really read) that she didn't took into consideration.
This means that Oka has been lying or at least hiding information since the very first episode.

Actually, I can imagine the importance of Shun, but only if he is killed by Kumuko later and she realizes she killed her classmate, however since she was bullied and practically kills constantly, I don't this drama as too important.

linkhuesitosFeb 27, 2021 4:00 PM
Feb 27, 2021 4:58 PM

May 2014
Xenocrisi said:
ZeroTwo__002 said:
Wait so the guy they were teasing back then that he secretly liked boys was reincarnated into a girl? lol.

Yeah
As an homosexual, I don’t really know how to feel about this. Idk if it was to make stuff easier for the character or if the author sees gay people as women, which is...questionable and worrying? Anyways, definitely not a smart thing to make the only gay character reincarnated as a woman
The reincarnations are not determined by a method that is fair or righteous, and the narrative does not portray it as such.

Compare it to a situation like this: If a villain makes fun of LGBT people and is portrayed as a villain in that context, it does not imply that the narrative endorses that behavior. More like the opposite; it condemns it.

beast_regards said:

This is a mystery series that is not explaining everything straight-up. To figure out what Shun's story is about, you need to figure out a few other mysteries regarding the plot.

But they will start making the connection more obvious in a few episodes, at this rate. By the end of this cour, at the latest.

Maurice_5 said:
That right there is a clusterfuck of spoilers up there.

So, I have a few thoughts on how the adaptation's handling reveals - if you haven't read the WN or LN, click at your own risk.

Ironically, the current approach has spawned new theories among anime-onlies:
TheDeedsOfMenFeb 27, 2021 5:40 PM
Feb 27, 2021 5:43 PM

Mar 2016
beast_regards said:

the skill is presented as something that takes time and concentration to use on just one person. remember that hugo is the crown prince to a large and powerful nation that almost certainly has a large and powerful army. that skill by itself isn't going to be practical against groups of soldiers much less armies
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Feb 27, 2021 6:40 PM
Oct 2017
Honestly I don't get all the comments about the school side being boring. It doesn't feature as many battles but has more elements that seem important to the plot, actual mysteries and likable characters.

I feel bad for Kumoko being trapped inside a dungeon because she's missing out on the bigger picture. When she'll meet her former classmates, if it ever happens, she will be just as distant as before, having lived a different life alone with her split personality disor- I mean skill. What's up with that? It's great for comedy but kind of sad.

So yeah, I feel like I'll like this series much more once both worlds connect but so far it seems to hint at a very long status quo : two plot threads side by side with no interactions whatsoever.

Also I bet Kumoko being reported dead is due to how much she has changed : maybe one of her skills makes her unrecognizable to whatever method was used for locating reincarnations? Taboo when it gains too many levels, maybe? There's also the possibility of the place she's in being a barrier to this search.

It could also be that she wasn't reincarnated in the same timeframe, but I'm just thinking of that possibility because of some movie everybody here saw...
Feb 27, 2021 7:28 PM
Jan 2021
beast_regards said:

linkhuesitos said:

It is not absolute - it requires touching and permission. (Remember Hugo saying "I Agree")
I admit the Anime skipped over the cost.

You are wrong about WHY the human side story is important. That's ok, I don't think anyone guesses the reveals in this story. Even the small reveals are non-standard plot twists. That is what is great about Kumo Desu Ga, Nani Ka?
You may think you "got" something hinted at, but it turns out to be different and better than you thought. And then, later on, it turns out even that reveal was only partly true and the new truth is even better.
Feb 27, 2021 7:38 PM
Jan 2021
Lulink said:
It's great for comedy but kind of sad.

And you just laid your finger on exactly how this series differs from Slime and most other Isekai.
Kumo Desu Ga, Nani Ka doesn't avoid the negative, sad parts of humanity.
Feb 27, 2021 8:33 PM
EDM ❤

May 2012
Came here for trashy isekai content and i have to see the humans, not cool.
Feb 28, 2021 12:55 AM
Oct 2019
More flashback, we saw our Komoko human life.

Teacher as always still sus, do not trust her...

Kumoko Vs Dragon was fun to watch, especially with Kumoko having two new parallel...
Yuki Aoi must be have a great time Voicing all of this....
Feb 28, 2021 1:29 AM

Oct 2008
if (Hiiro Wakaba) Kumoko manage to beat that dragon...i wonder what's her next change? I'm pretty sure its gonna be a hyper colossal power-up!
5/5.

Feb 28, 2021 3:11 AM

Jan 2013
Abredon said:

It is not absolute - it requires touching and permission. (Remember Hugo saying "I Agree")
I admit the Anime skipped over the cost.

You are wrong about WHY the human side story is important. That's ok, I don't think anyone guesses the reveals in this story. Even the small reveals are non-standard plot twists. That is what is great about Kumo Desu Ga, Nani Ka?
You may think you "got" something hinted at, but it turns out to be different and better than you thought. And then, later on, it turns out even that reveal was only partly true and the new truth is even better.

But Hugo certainly didn't agree. He was all high on his power fantasy and certainly didn't agree to be neutered powerless, hence "I agree" is either completely redundant or the teacher can just mind control people at will (or both).

Hugo ranted how his skills complement each other for 10 minutes and lost them in few seconds, which sends a clear message that the teacher's admin power is the only thing that matters. She can probably wish away everyone in the setting if she is an admin.

If a teacher isn't the admin, and her power has a limit, then they should focus on that in this episode instead of a generic flashbacks

Aure0lin said:
the skill is presented as something that takes time and concentration to use on just one person. remember that hugo is the crown prince to a large and powerful nation that almost certainly has a large and powerful army. that skill by itself isn't going to be practical against groups of soldiers much less armies

Why I should think that army matters?
Hugo had supporters.
She just walked through them.
Very casually.
Her power was presented as she is the admin with absolute power - because at the same time Kumuko realizes there is one - this practically implies that the admin is the teacher.
And even if events take place at different times, the way the story is cut makes this implication.
And this happens in Episode 7, which means Episode 8 flashbacks are unimportant, we seem to know what the conflict is supposed to be and nothing of it really matters to it.
Except is gotcha moment because anime left out so many parts it is essentially a different story?
And a boring one too, as they are all generic characters.
beast_regardsFeb 28, 2021 3:25 AM
Feb 28, 2021 9:44 AM

Dec 2016
Aure0lin said:
Blue_Maroon said:
The school flashback took half an episode just to establish the spooky girl and that Shun was nice to the MC. There are too many names and characters for me to remember relationships between them in past and current lives. The CGI on the fire dragon was a little rough. I don’t know why the MC chose to fight it and not escape when she was overmatched.
also that schlain and katia have a third friend, and that the guy who tried to kill shun used to be a normal kid
here's a spoiler free sheet i found on reddit so you remember who's who

@linkhuesitos

Thanks for spoiler free versions, this definitely helped me. :D

And hope, for update if they reveal more. :)
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Feb 28, 2021 12:54 PM
Mar 2018
I liked the episod, but I don't want her to die and lose everything she worked for in the last 8 episodes, like it will be super annoying, it would fell like the first 8 episodes were from another show or just fillers or idk..
Feb 28, 2021 3:13 PM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
I wonder why Japanese girls love seeking to bully someone who just wanna be left alone, most anime/manga I've seen its always girls not so much guys bullying other guys but mostly girls
I swear if i was in a anime and i saw this shit happening I'd punch the girl bully in the face i could care less for suspension or whatever reason she has for bullying the other I just can't bottom it
YoubamiiFeb 28, 2021 3:17 PM

Feb 28, 2021 4:33 PM

Apr 2008
Xenocrisi said:

I'm not sure if it is better or worse but in the LNs I don't think he is gay, he basically concludes the female body is making him into dudes. I don't like it either way
Feb 28, 2021 8:57 PM

Feb 2020
Xenocrisi said:
Still a bad choice if you asked me. Having an “explanation” or reasoning, however you want to call it, doesn’t make it any better. Fact is that the only gay character was swapped into a woman, which is definitely something that could have been avoided

I agree that the scene could've been better adapted, but I'd like to shed some light at what's behind that scene and at least clear the bad impression you may have about the author at this point.
We're never given a definitive answer but I found that the crumbles around the novels point to Kanata most likely being a closeted trans, either ace or hetero.

Specifically about this scene, I don't think it was on the LN, only on the web novel.

Unfortunately this misconception about the concepts of "gay" and "trans" being blurred and seen as one and the same is ingrained in Japanese culture. You probably have seen it many times if you watched enough anime. Whoever adapted this particular scene is guilty of that, but there's enough reasons around the books for me to guess (and I can only guess) that Okina Baba, kumo desu's author, is not ignorant about these issues.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

366 by Rimuru_11407 »»
Apr 21, 6:07 AM

» So there's no romance in there?

rishamr - Mar 25

12 by SwordBreaker36 »»
Apr 19, 5:07 AM

» As a LN reader, it hurts that this probably won't get another season

NXT_2006 - Feb 15, 2023

14 by DonKhixote »»
Apr 5, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2021

162 by Ratris_Decision »»
Mar 7, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 8, 2021

331 by Ratris_Decision »»
Mar 5, 2:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.