Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Cells at Work!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 25, 2021 12:27 PM

Jan 2013
definitely weaker than season 1. while that ending with the good bacteria was pretty...too much focus on plain regular Cell and those adorable good bacteria. alot of main White Blood Cell too.

at least it kept its colorful charm and cuteness...and we got Backwards Cap, more NK Cell, and T Cell’s punch thing
7/10...woulda been an 8 if was a full season
Feb 25, 2021 12:50 PM

Jul 2013
And so it ends. Tbh, even though I liked the previous season more, this was still enjoyable. My only grip was that the main Red Blood Cell got sidelined and that the segments they adapted felt way shorter than the ones of the first season. At least it got a determinate plot with the lactobacillales and the return of Cancer Cell in the last episodes. That fox-shaped oportunistic bacteria voiced by Yukari Tamura was a welcome surprise as well.

Well, will wait for a sequel if it ever comes. Hopefully they will adapt the coronavirus chapter that will server as the ending of the series.
Feb 25, 2021 1:02 PM

Dec 2014
Preferred this season to the 1st one. This season seemed to have more of a plot and also it also felt more serious then the 2nd season which I preferred also.
Feb 25, 2021 1:17 PM

Oct 2020
Regulatory T cell doesn't care what you look like and do to others or the environment, but only cares about correct spelling on documentation. Loved the way she dodged that though.

Feb 25, 2021 1:28 PM

Jan 2018
Well, it's come to an end. I honestly didn't care for the plot of the second season other than the last couple of episodes. It felt like they completely ran out of ideas so they went with a story arc approach lasting a few episodes compared to the episodic nature of season 1.

6/10
Feb 25, 2021 2:03 PM

Dec 2016
E enjoyed this season ^^ but I liked the 1st season better. I'll give 7/10 for this one.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Feb 25, 2021 2:08 PM

Dec 2018
lol i forgot this was the last episode
Feb 25, 2021 2:20 PM

Dec 2016
Arkaisen said:
Regulatory T cell doesn't care what you look like and do to others or the environment, but only cares about correct spelling on documentation.

Hey, I was wondering, did you simply copy-paste that comment from gogoanime? Either you are the same person or simply like the comment >.> I smelled something fishy when I realised I saw the same comment from there XD

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Feb 25, 2021 2:25 PM

Jan 2021
I'm gonna miss Cells at Work :( I wish there were more episodes. Season 2 was definitely different than season 1. Season 1 was more happy-go-lucky while season 2 was deeper. The animation was amazing this episode. I loved the fight scenes and I can't believe I teared up for a cancer cell (。╯︵╰。) His last word were gold and I also teared up at Ordinary cell with the Lactic Acid Bacteria. I'm really gonna miss this show. Would it be too much to hope for a season 3? Time to read the manga!
Feb 25, 2021 2:30 PM
Oct 2020
Im sad its over now. The second season was so short but sooo goood.
Feb 25, 2021 3:04 PM

Jan 2012
And so the Lactic Acid Bacterium save the day, and probably the season honestly as the story arc surrounding those cute little guys was easily the best part of said season. I'll give this a 7/10, same as the first season. I am a little disappointed there was only 8 episodes. I assume this was because the spinoff show got extra episodes. Maybe I'll watch it eventually, but I honestly feel no desire to atm. Oh well.
Feb 25, 2021 3:10 PM

Oct 2020
PurpleGirl203 said:
Arkaisen said:
Regulatory T cell doesn't care what you look like and do to others or the environment, but only cares about correct spelling on documentation.

Hey, I was wondering, did you simply copy-paste that comment from gogoanime? Either you are the same person or simply like the comment >.> I smelled something fishy when I realised I saw the same comment from there XD

Just liked the comment

Feb 25, 2021 3:20 PM

Apr 2015
Peforin Cannon Punch was quite epic not gonna lie!

Pretty sad it's already come to an end, but it's a happy end. Cancer Cell has been dealt with and the body is back to it's normal state.

Was nice to have a bit of a story arc in Cells at Work for once. Pretty good executed, just feel that with only just 8 episodes, it really is short :(

Still enjoyed it a lot!
Feb 25, 2021 3:35 PM

Aug 2016
That Cannon Punch, forget JoJo, was that a Fist of the North Star reference!
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Feb 25, 2021 3:36 PM

Apr 2018
Cells at work season 2 is finally over wioth that being said it was pretty good, I would say that fighting against the cancer cell in this season was epic, especially the M-Tcell Peforin Cannon Punch.

Although it was a bit short I would give it an 8/10 because of that.
Feb 25, 2021 3:40 PM
Aug 2020
Not as good as the first season, but still entertaining.
Feb 25, 2021 4:08 PM

Jun 2017
Storm1988 said:

Exactly my thoughts. Too bad we didn't get much new content. We got 4 eps then 4 eps which are just basically the movie in TV format.
Feb 25, 2021 4:21 PM

May 2020
Seigyosei T Saibou knew she had to dodge that Punch or else lol!
The way Hakkekkyuu slashed the cancer cell, perfect and sly ^^
They should rename the ending to 'The Little Cell' singing under the liquid of gut xD (yeah sorry, I'll see myself out)
Feb 25, 2021 4:24 PM
Aug 2020
MomoSinX said:
Storm1988 said:

Exactly my thoughts. Too bad we didn't get much new content. We got 4 eps then 4 eps which are just basically the movie in TV format.

I didn't even know there was a movie, but that explains why half the season was just about the good bacteria. I also felt that Red Blood Cell got kinda shafted this season.
Feb 25, 2021 4:37 PM

Dec 2020
It's over already?! They could always just fill the last 4 episodes with platelets going "Ano ne! Ano ne!" and macrophages going "Ara ara!"... I really won't mind!

This season dragged a bit despite being shorter but it was still great. Needed more RBC, though. This show: Not enough RBC. She even had a new kouhai that we barely saw. Code Black: WAY too much RBC. He's in literally every scene even when he's just standing there doing nothing and has no purpose.
Feb 25, 2021 4:54 PM

Sep 2017
Definitely worse than the first season. The production value was pretty bad overall. The death shot of the cancer cell was pretty cool at least. The whole cancer ark with the normal cell derping around with helpful bacteria was a nice break from episodic stuff, but the first few eps were pretty meh. If only the production was a little better.
Feb 25, 2021 5:14 PM

Jan 2020
A battle that takes place day after day, against bacteria, viruses, cancerous and harmful cells, I cannot estimate how many problems our body saves us from, it is amazing!

Only I saw a difference in the 3dcg design at the end of the chapter? I understand that these years you need to use this tool but combine it with 2d designs, it is very noticeable, not only in this show but in many more

Now to wait for the movie, this arc of bad bacteria was very informative, but there were less interactions between the other characters so it does not exceed the first season, even so David P. as always did a great job, congrats!

またね !

Humans may have two eyes, but we can only see one thing
Don't use the scores to see an anime
ええい! なんでも やって やる
Feb 25, 2021 5:43 PM
Sep 2018
Kind of sucked that cancer rerun was the final, but it was a decent part of this arc. The lactic acid bacteria arc was in general terrible, made worse by the fact it sucked up 5/8 of the season. And RBC being reduced to a side character. The narration this episode was particularly bad. Season should have ended at episode 3 and would have been just as good.
Feb 25, 2021 6:15 PM

Aug 2019
Finally, it's over. Every episode was boring.
Just like the first season, 3/10
HarvestorFeb 26, 2021 12:11 AM
Feb 25, 2021 6:37 PM

Jul 2012
Pretty underwhelming sequel to be honest. Since they made that random "bacteria-nanny" cell the MC it got quite boring.
Feb 25, 2021 6:47 PM

Jul 2016
Memory T Cell's "secret" technique was super dumb but hey, it got the job done at the end xD

Pretty fitting way to conclude this second season. Fight against Cancer Cell sure was intense but thankfully, tables could be turned in the end once Lactic Acid Bacterium managed to find his other good bacteria friends. WBC dealing the final blow looked pretty badass, by the way.

Overall, as good as the first season in terms of content. Such a shame it was only eight episodes long this time tho.

8/10 - With two seasons out, I now hope they can also adapt the Covid chapter at some point in the future.
Feb 25, 2021 6:52 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Perforin Cannon Punch~
Good thing T-cell memories got an evolved one, so that chemical reaction could be activated. Its even disillusionized T-cell Regulatory from her self-immune system mistake. However, its not enough to gave the cancer cell a good pressure. Until what happened lately in the depth of intestine ocean.

So thats how they ended up the whole cancer live, not even used any outsider help this time. Enough with a good bacteria hordes deep at intestine environment. They took control it again from the demonic bacterias invasion. The cancer cell survival ability progression to be lethal could be pressured down easily, thanks to that later situations. Good educational information from the balance-good of intestine environment that mostly responsibles to the whole immune body system to defend the body formed a beautiful sceneries called intestine flora. what a wonderful healthy body you've got there, whoever you were xd.

Even though i am still dissapointing its just end at 8 episode marks exactly, not even adapt the latest chapter from the manga, about the latest body challenge issues. However, since the educational element still on point from A to Z, the cuteness just overloaded all over again, and the soundtracks just sounds too good, especially the ed theme. I guess i can't do anything rather just give this first tv series in the winter to finish a satisfying score. Personal statement make it an obvious.
8/10
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 25, 2021 6:57 PM
Jun 2017
A very informative and entertaining final episode. Love this one
Feb 25, 2021 8:28 PM
May 2019
I didn't realize this only got approved for 8 episodes. alot of shows this season have weird episode amounts alot have 11 instead of the standard 12. though considering a lot of the shows are being done via remote work due to Covid-19 I guess that was to be expected.
Feb 25, 2021 9:56 PM

Mar 2018
White blood cell killing the cancer cell was pretty sick. So was that P punch from the memory cell.

I'm not sure if it was just me but I didn't enjoy this season all too much, maybe it's because of the random cell being the main character for a while (and lack of RBC).
Feb 25, 2021 10:36 PM
Jan 2020
sad to see this show end hope they make more eventually
kind of spected this episode to include chemotherapy to come like a nuke to save the day.
Feb 26, 2021 12:07 AM

Aug 2019
I wish red blood cell had more screen time but overall I still enjoyed this season
Feb 26, 2021 2:48 AM
Apr 2020
Yep. Pretty cool finale indeed. That final `One Punch Man' attack by Memory T Cell, then finishing that neck blow by White Blood Cell. That was freakin dope

8/10 for the final rate. Really enjoyed this whole season, even it was short. I'll be missing this anime. Hoping for Season 3! :)
Feb 26, 2021 7:39 AM

Oct 2016
That was cool finale, I really enjoyed the episodes from when regular cell first showed up until here, though I kind of wished Red Blood Cell had more role.

The Perforin Cannon Punch was pretty fucking great, and Regulatory T Cell was hilarious when she's not trying to kill you lmao. Poor Cancer Cell, but that is the way things are meant to be, at least White Blood Cell delivered the final blow.

I really hope we get a season 3 or a movie or an OVA or something, since I heard there was a Covid chapter, that'd be nice to see. Overall this season was a 7.5/10
Feb 26, 2021 11:47 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
That nasty move the white cellie guy did to the cancer cell was sick.

As for the narrator. Her voice is hot. I like it. Thanks for this season.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Feb 26, 2021 11:59 AM

Feb 2014
What a satisfying way for the cancer cell to be defeated. Memory T Cell's Jojo-style punch did wonders in turning the tide and also finally got the dozy Regulatory T Cell to wake up and joined forces. Along wit NK Cell, the trio did a great job in the fight.

WBC was freed from his capsule prison after a change in the body due to the other battle involving the lactic acid bacteria, which helped him deliver the final blow like the true assassin he is.

Overall, while I'm unsure what score I'll give season 2, I still thoroughly enjoyed it. 8 episodes felt too short, but we still had some funny episodes alongside this 4 episode arc edited from its original movie format. I still hope for another OVA or two in the future, though. =)
Feb 26, 2021 1:49 PM

Mar 2017
Of course I always knew that Cancer is awful but this ep made me really understand just how tough it is to beat, which just makes me feel so amazed that the human race found a way to tackle it. Our bodies really are incredible and I hope we get another season so I can learn more about biology!
Feb 26, 2021 3:51 PM

Aug 2015
The lactic acid bacteria were really giving the platelets a run for their money in terms of cuteness, but I think the platelets still remain the cutest!

Intense battle and Memory T cell does the punch, cancer cell dies... again!
#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
Feb 26, 2021 4:49 PM

Jul 2017
Noooo, it already ended, felt like it was too short :( Well, the climax of this season was awesome so i have no complaints there ^^ I still want more of this though!

Not gonna lie, even though the 1st season was better in my opinion, this one was pretty good still! We got to see more about how our organism works when it faces diverse threats that may arise at any moment. It was similar to what we've seen before in that aspect, though, the themes were a bit more interesting on the previous season, and since Code Black is also coming out, i think that one outshines this 2nd season in all honesty, so yeah xd

8/10, well deserved! And i'm quite satisfied with everything still, despite lowering my score from a 9 for the 1st season, to an 8 in this one.
Feb 26, 2021 5:22 PM

Apr 2020
There goes a great anime :( I'll miss you on my fridays.

Killer T Saibou using Saitama moves, Gan Saibou wings reminded me of Devilman Crybaby. And of course, Hakkekkyuu U-1146 killing Gan Saibou was sexy as fuck.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Feb 26, 2021 7:22 PM
Aug 2019
>Hanazawa Kana: Main
then where tf was she? is anyone else as disappointed as I am not seeing much of her this season?
Feb 26, 2021 10:17 PM
Apr 2020
Cancer Cell was once again defeated because cells of this body worked together. Also, thanks to lactic acid bacteria and other good bacteria for helping them in maintaining the balance in this body. Hoping there's a 3rd Season!

Feb 26, 2021 10:56 PM

Dec 2010
Overall nice ending to the series.
I more or less enjoyed it as much as the first season.

KANLen09 said:
The 2-part finale: Cancer Cell (Part 2).
P.S. You don't have to watch the movie! Sorry for the misinformation (since the movie covers Episodes 4 to 8).

I'd swear I hear one of the Harmful Bacteria's VA being Kirito's VA, it sounds damn similar.
A good finish for Season 2. Onwards with the Code Black spin-off!

Because it is Matsuoka. The credits name him as that bacteria.

Feb 27, 2021 7:56 AM
Oct 2019
Good Finale i would say... Good Bacteria really helpful...

Memory T using the Special Technique Perforin Cannon Punch was really funny... lol (was hoping for Ora Ora Ora though, since the seiyuu was also voicing Jotarou)

At last Hakkekkyuu san delivered the Final Blow to Cancer Cell ..
That was Great Quality Scene...

Good Season i would say, but isn't better than the first Season...

Looking forward to whenever the Anime is back with Covid-19... (I hope they would make this story)

7/10
Feb 27, 2021 8:43 AM

Jun 2015
spaesu said:
maybe we'll get a season 3 soon?
There are only a couple chapters left, so maybe we'll get an OVA. They can however make a new season with the various spin-offs
Switch_ZFeb 27, 2021 8:48 AM
Feb 27, 2021 8:47 AM

Jun 2015
Jpl79 said:
I didn't realize this only got approved for 8 episodes. alot of shows this season have weird episode amounts alot have 11 instead of the standard 12. though considering a lot of the shows are being done via remote work due to Covid-19 I guess that was to be expected.

The manga was finished in January and there was only a couple of chapters left, not enough for a 11 episode cour.
Feb 27, 2021 12:13 PM

Feb 2012
Memory T doing Tenha no Kamae from Fist of the North Star, yes!

ULTIMATE SECRET TECHNIQUE PERFORIN CANNON PUNCH!

Regulatory T moving outta the way because the cancer cell's t-shirt ripped lmao

Though it's not a Rapid-Fire Fisticuffs, it's still great along with all the action/fight scenes.

So it ends with work as usual. Hope to see more.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Feb 27, 2021 7:00 PM

Jan 2011
Not as strong as the first season, even if we ignore it has less episodes, but still a fun time.

JokerVentura said:
That Cannon Punch, forget JoJo, was that a Fist of the North Star reference!
Aye, thought it looked like a Hokuto reference.
Feb 27, 2021 7:52 PM

Oct 2008
oh god! it really ended!
it left my heart a big gap to fill in and hopefully code black will fill that gap!
Hakkekkyuu U-1146 delivered the iconic final blow to Cancer Cell
LOL @ Killer T Saibou serious punch!
Regulatory T Cell is so pretty! (VA Hayami Saori)
Good Bacteria played a serious role on this episode!
5/5.
8/10.

Feb 28, 2021 6:44 PM

Feb 2014
Ah so S2 comes to an end. Gonna miss ANONE ANONE.
Had a great time with them.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2021

58 by bubba460z »»
Feb 22, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou!! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Feb 11, 2021

58 by bubba460z »»
Feb 22, 9:20 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou!! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Feb 4, 2021

57 by bubba460z »»
Feb 22, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou!! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

yvsei - Jan 28, 2021

67 by bubba460z »»
Feb 22, 2:58 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou!! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

yvsei - Jan 21, 2021

68 by bubba460z »»
Feb 22, 8:09 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.