Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 25, 2021 8:59 AM
Jan 2021
I watched countless amounts of horror animes seeking some actual scary stuff but nothing really was any effective. Is this the same.

Also is this any good generally?
Feb 25, 2021 9:07 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
It is very hard to make an anime scary as a typical American horror movie might. I wouldn't consider this scary. Though I do see some similarities to other movies that have been placed in the horror genre.

Try the first episode and see how you like it. I wouldn't say the anime is objectively good, but depending on what you are looking for, you might really enjoy it.
Feb 25, 2021 9:11 AM
Nov 2019
From what I've seen so far (6 Episodes) its not really scary , Otherwise The show is pretty good so far
Feb 25, 2021 9:55 AM
Feb 2021
I'm currently watching the 8th episode and so far it's not scary at all although there is a lot of blood.
Feb 25, 2021 4:23 PM
Jan 2021
Ty for the replies people
Feb 26, 2021 12:06 AM

Apr 2013
let's just say the genre's are messed up and it's missing a comedy tag.
Feb 26, 2021 1:21 AM
Feb 2020
RavBTW said:
let's just say the genre's are messed up and it's missing a comedy tag.

Sounds like "Another" in a nutshell
Feb 26, 2021 1:43 AM
Pancake

Feb 2014
5 episodes in so far, far from scary in my eyes
Feb 26, 2021 1:48 AM
May 2019
Nah not even close, little gory that's all so if not okay with blood and people blown away then it might be disturbing but not scary
Feb 26, 2021 2:36 AM
Jul 2020
Not scary for me but it exciting
Feb 26, 2021 3:12 AM
Jan 2021
Nope, first scene had me laughing from the blood fountain, it really pulls u out of the mood, only 5eps in but I'll defo finish it
Feb 26, 2021 10:20 PM
Feb 2021
it’s a bit bloody sometimes but def not scary unless you are particularly sensitive. and the bloody bits aren’t super graphic. i’m up to ep 10 and i think it’s fairly good and i like the main character, although there are def some unnecessary fan service moments but they’re pretty easy to ignore
Feb 27, 2021 3:11 PM
Sep 2019
Elma_fer said:
I watched countless amounts of horror animes seeking some actual scary stuff but nothing really was any effective. Is this the same.

No its not scary
Its kinda has a future diary, or
Darwins game type of vibe the situation that the characters are in is very grim and scary but to the viewer you shouldn't get scared.
Its a decent death game show just on roofs
Its not anything amazing basically its just a generic death game plot except theres masks and roofs.
Let me know what you think of it after you watch it
Feb 27, 2021 3:23 PM

Oct 2015
not scary at all.. just a little blood and well as a manga reader I don't like the anime that much, but some might.
SweetheadFeb 27, 2021 3:26 PM
Feb 28, 2021 7:26 AM

Jul 2014
Elma_fer said:

I don't think it's scary. I mean, at the start I felt the fear of heights from Yuri and sniper but because of how it developes I stopped feeling like that.
Feb 28, 2021 8:47 PM
Oct 2020
It's really not scary, I didnt think it was that good overall to be honest
Mar 3, 2021 4:20 AM

Dec 2019
Elma_fer said:

It is not even a bit scary, also spoiled by too many ridiculous comedy and ecchi scenes, also way too colorful, and it isn't any good as it feels rushed
doesn't deserve an horror tag, but should have ecchi tag for sure
Mar 3, 2021 4:40 PM
Jul 2018
I didn't notice it was even under Horror? I didn't notice until I checked. For me, it's not scary, I didn't know the series was under horror. It ain't bloody enough for me either. I love anime and manga that show lots of blood. Ah yes, the Gore.

If there is any series similar to High Rise Invasion that does better with horror and gore, it's got to be 'Alice In Borderland'.
That might not not be scary enough either but I believe it's really good.
removed-userMar 3, 2021 4:44 PM
Mar 4, 2021 8:10 PM
Jan 2021
YutakaYamadafan said:
Elma_fer said:

No its not scary
Darwins game type of vibe the situation that the characters are in is very grim and scary but to the viewer you shouldn't get scared.
Its not anything amazing basically its just a generic death game plot except theres masks and roofs.

Defenitly not scary, not even remotely scary.
The show is pretty darn fun I'd say. I might just read the manga if the wait for a second season is too long
Mar 4, 2021 8:12 PM
Sep 2019
Compaq360 said:
I didn't notice it was even under Horror? I didn't notice until I checked. For me, it's not scary, I didn't know the series was under horror. It ain't bloody enough for me either. I love anime and manga that show lots of blood. Ah yes, the Gore.

If there is any series similar to High Rise Invasion that does better with horror and gore, it's got to be 'Alice In Borderland'.

Alice in Borderland is great
U watch the live action netflix version?
It was awesome .
The ova was good too but yea
Mar 4, 2021 8:15 PM
Sep 2019
Elma_fer said:
YutakaYamadafan said:

No its not scary

The show is pretty darn fun I'd say. I might just read the manga if the wait for a second season is too long

Yea not scary.
Thanks for getting back to me.
It isnt gonna win any awards or anything but its watchable.
Mar 4, 2021 8:21 PM
Jan 2021
YutakaYamadafan said:
Elma_fer said:

Yea not scary.
Thanks for getting back to me.
It isnt gonna win any awards or anything but its watchable.
id say it's alot more than "watchable". Imo it's better than alot of the other battle royal animes I've watched. I found it to be actually really good. Fun times!
Mar 5, 2021 3:02 AM
Jul 2018
YutakaYamadafan said:
Compaq360 said:

Alice in Borderland is great
U watch the live action netflix version?
It was awesome .
The ova was good too but yea

Indeed it was awesome. I watched the netflix adaptation (/live action) and I have seen the manga but not actually read it.
if it has an anime, then I haven't heard about that one.
Mar 7, 2021 4:19 AM
Mar 2021
As everyone said, it's not really scary per say. The setting has certain gore elements to it, but it mostly action based.

I'd say more like Alien 2 (aka aliens) than actual Alien if that makes sense.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tenkuu Shinpan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

anime-prime - Feb 25, 2021

74 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 9, 11:49 PM

Poll: » Tenkuu Shinpan Episode 7 Discussion

22 by JVskunkape »»
Apr 9, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Tenkuu Shinpan Episode 3 Discussion

24 by Marriyuh13 »»
Apr 6, 6:05 PM

Poll: » Tenkuu Shinpan Episode 4 Discussion

19 by 5hadow17 »»
Mar 25, 5:49 AM

Poll: » Tenkuu Shinpan Episode 8 Discussion

16 by LadyLeeMing »»
Jan 21, 3:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.