Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 25, 2021 8:48 AM

Feb 2015
Imagine its 3am, I woke up and I'm thirsty af. I usually have a bottle water but I had a carton of juice from that burger king lunch I had. This bitch had paper straws and to make it worse this juice had no artificial flavours so the flavour was dead. Fast food is going down the drain.
Feb 25, 2021 9:02 AM

May 2018
The main reason cited for eliminating plastic straws is their negative impact on our oceans and marine wildlife. ... Straws that do get recycled often don't make it through the mechanical recycling sorter because they are so small and lightweight. So they contaminate recycling loads or get disposed of as garbage. Though, I agree, using paper straw, half way through sucking the liquid up, the straw is on its last legs

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Feb 25, 2021 9:11 AM
Dec 2017
Its mainly for enviromental reasons and i agree with the use of paper straws instead of plastic straws.
Disapeared_GhostFeb 25, 2021 9:15 AM

Feb 25, 2021 9:12 AM

Aug 2020
I think this answers your question sir :

♥๏ธ ๐“๐“ท๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฝ ♥๏ธ

“๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ต๐“ธ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐”‚ ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ฎ๐“ต ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฌ๐“ฎ, ๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฐ๐“ช, ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ญ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ.” – ๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฐ๐“ช ๐“๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ช๐“ด๐“ช

Feb 25, 2021 9:19 AM

Jun 2020
@Madvillainyy

Dude, this is one of the most EASILY SOLVABLE issues, just get yourself a pack of these from Amazon, I bought these ages ago although I don't really use straws much to begin with (I never really understood people's obsession with straws), extremely easy to clean:

Stainless steel straws with a scrub brush, they are cheap, especially considering u only buy them once & they will last u a lifetime, much better than them flimsy plastic ones:
Literally everyone should have these. You eat out often? take them with u when u leave the house. Problem solved!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AK1985-Stainless-reusable-Drinking-Milkshake/dp/B07QC1M9H1/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=metal%2Bstraw&qid=1614273366&sr=8-7&th=1

Hydre_ItoFeb 25, 2021 10:26 AM
Feb 25, 2021 9:25 AM

Sep 2018
I agree that paper straws suck. Luckily I have a bunch of plastic ones.
Feb 25, 2021 9:39 AM

Oct 2010
At this point I have a collection of plastic straws because Kung Fu Tea keeps giving them to me with hot tea. Why would I drink hot tea with a straw???????
Feb 25, 2021 9:49 AM

May 2018
Usagi said:
At this point I have a collection of plastic straws because Kung Fu Tea keeps giving them to me with hot tea. Why would I drink hot tea with a straw???????

I must admit, I had to Google what Kung Fu Tea is. I thougt it was something you would drink after martial arts training/session.

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Feb 25, 2021 10:40 AM

Oct 2019
hellicey said:

Holy shit I cried. That was so sad I'm glad the turtle is okay
Feb 25, 2021 10:43 AM

Apr 2020
It's been a thing for a while for most fast food restaurants where I live, they always break apart before you've even finished drinking. I just end up using a metal straw if I'm eating at home.
Feb 25, 2021 10:44 AM

Aug 2020
AcbSnakeDemon said:
hellicey said:

Holy shit I cried. That was so sad I'm glad the turtle is okay

same bro, the first time i watched it i cried so much, very painful for me to watch.

♥๏ธ ๐“๐“ท๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฝ ♥๏ธ

“๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ต๐“ธ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐”‚ ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ฎ๐“ต ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฌ๐“ฎ, ๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฐ๐“ช, ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ญ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ป ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ.” – ๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฐ๐“ช ๐“๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ช๐“ด๐“ช

Feb 25, 2021 11:21 AM

Feb 2015
Usagi said:

They used to say drinking soda through a straw is better for your teeth. Sodas are bad anyway. I don't know why you would drink tea through a straw lol
Feb 25, 2021 11:25 AM

Aug 2009
Well, I was gonna mention something in relation to clubbing baby seals, but someone posted that turtle video, so... there you go.

Feb 27, 2021 5:43 AM

Feb 2021
Just get reusable straws. They feel better on the lips too and are easy to clean.
I don't remember the last time I had drink through a plastic straw.
Most restaurants in my city use pasta that are formed like a straw. That's clever.
I do agree tho that paper straws are a pain and are only good for a quick drink.

โธข if you meet your god,
tell him to leave me alone. โธฅ

ใƒ™ใƒซใ‚ปใƒซใ‚ฏ
Feb 27, 2021 5:48 AM
Jan 2021
I actually like paper straws because they have nice warm feeling around my lips.
Feb 27, 2021 5:49 AM

Feb 2015
stillalivesomew said:
I actually like paper straws because they have nice warm feeling around my lips.

Oh you like warm things on your lips do you?
Feb 27, 2021 5:53 AM
Jan 2021
Madvillainyy said:

Oh you like warm things on your lips do you?

Oh, I see what you did there. However I didn't mention [redacted: biological organs of human bodies]. Just paper straws.

More topics from this board

» What's the point of life?

purple_rayn - 8 hours ago

21 by Sad »»
3 minutes ago

» what would you do if you had infinite money? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Apr 5

53 by Sad »»
5 minutes ago

» What IS the brand and model of your smartphone ??! BE honest!!!

French-Japanese - 8 minutes ago

0 by French-Japanese »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » representation or relatability ?

ame - Apr 14

46 by Sad »»
12 minutes ago

» What IS your super power?

French-Japanese - 27 minutes ago

1 by Scud »»
18 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.