Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Feb 28, 2021 2:11 PM

Oct 2014
xIshimura said:
So, does this happen before Nekodamashi-hen?
Yes.
I guess we could say that the chandelier ended the first loop.
And the Onidamashi-hen is the 2nd loop.
Whereas Satoko pulling the gun is the last loop, or probably the "present time".
Intelligent gets through situations which wise avoids.
Feb 28, 2021 7:03 PM

Oct 2010
Hulio said:
xIshimura said:
So, does this happen before Nekodamashi-hen?
Yes.
Whereas Satoko pulling the gun is the last loop, or probably the "present time".

Nah,

Mar 1, 2021 12:34 AM

Sep 2011
I honestly can't give a s*it about anything going on in this show anymore. I don't care about Satoko's new loop powers since the reason for her being upset is so unbelievably dumb. I don't care about this new witch character or adult hanyuu(?). Nothing here clicks. The reason why Rika was going through her loops in the original is because of Takano, whose reasoning for spreading the virus throughout town was to fulfill her grandpa's research and prove to the people who laughed at both him and her how wrong they were. She also had a tragic backstory where she lost her parents (which she blamed on herself) and was forced to go to an orphanage that abused her relentlessly (to where she was forced to watch other orphans getting pecked to death and was forced to lick literal feces to clean the toilets with her tongue - in the manga, though the anime was pretty gruesome, too). Takano's reasoning actually made the events in the seasons engaging because you wanted to see how far this character would go to achieve her ends.

Satoko's intentions are just petty and completely contradict the type of character she developed into. The whole point of the abusive uncle arc was for her to overcome her dependency on her brother; that was how she had the courage to tell CPS that she was being abused. But now we're going back to this dependency character of hers? Why is her character regressing? And if you wanted to make her the dependent type, why even include the Teppei arc at all where her character becomes less dependent? What even was the point of the episodes before this time loop? Was it just to attract people with the images and aesthetics of the old show? I'm not seeing the point.

By the way, Satoko is 100% to blame for everything here. She's the one who pushed Rika away when she offered her help multiple times. Nor did Rika force her to go to the academy but she went anyway and made no effort to actually talk to Rika again. Her entire goal is to just keep Rika from pursuing her dreams. Her character is just completely unlikable now and I just cannot care for her or her motivations here at all. I don't know why R07 was so proud of this season because there's literally nothing about it that even comes close to the original show in terms of mystery and character growth. The only reason why you might like any of these characters is because you remember them from the original and they have the same mannerisms and voices. Satoko and Rika time looping is a cool concept, but it's just shot in the foot because Satoko is a complete idiot who's looping because she's upset Rika is doing well without her...even though Rika offered her a helping hand multiple times...and who is still somehow clinging onto Rika.
This whole season just feels unnecessary.

Oh and how exactly did that chandelier drop? She just snapped her fingers and it just fell. Maybe I missed something?
Also, since Satoko can time loop, why doesn't she use that to her advantage and improve her grades? It just all sucks.
If you like this show that's perfectly fine; more power to you, but my god I just cannot understand what R07 was thinking with this. I hate saying "bad writing" because it makes me sound pretentious, but this is just not good.
AlfonseMar 1, 2021 12:48 AM
Mar 1, 2021 1:42 AM

May 2020
NeonDZ said:
Hulio said:
Yes.

Nah,

She had to figure out how things worked out in regards to Rena, Mion, Ooshi and her Uncle if she were to manipulate them like she probably did. That would make sense. I wonder how many time she killed and screwed with her friends.

Was Rika aware of the loops? Or was she not like the repeat Matsubiriyashi. I haven't seen the previews yet but if it's more loops in the past the fact that Rika didn't immediately try to recreate the events of Matsubiriyashi or Minagoroshi and was not aware about Takano's change of mind makes me doubt her 100 year old intelligence and maturity.

@Alfonse
The events of Minagoroshi did not transpire in Matsubiriyashi and so her character development in that arc is lost. That does not justify her actions at all, Satoko's downward spiral is not really convincing and neither is Rikas reaction to it. She should know better than anyone how mentally fragile Satoko is but somehow didn't see this coming?

Poor Satoshi. Since he recovered in Miotsukushis epilogue the assumption was that he would get better after Matsubiriyashi as well. There are some people who seem to think that he did? But he would most likely be at the club gathering if he was, and him being ok would probably stop Satoko from doing what she did.
ChargecoulombMar 1, 2021 2:00 AM
Mar 1, 2021 4:22 AM
Jul 2018
the fault of all this and rika she invited satoko to this school ended with the death of satoko and rika.
Mar 1, 2021 4:36 AM

Oct 2010
Chargecoulomb said:
NeonDZ said:

Nah,

She had to figure out how things worked out in regards to Rena, Mion, Ooshi and her Uncle if she were to manipulate them like she probably did. That would make sense. I wonder how many time she killed and screwed with her friends.

Was Rika aware of the loops? Or was she not like the repeat Matsubiriyashi. I haven't seen the previews yet but if it's more loops in the past the fact that Rika didn't immediately try to recreate the events of Matsubiriyashi or Minagoroshi and was not aware about Takano's change of mind makes me doubt her 100 year old intelligence and maturity.

We don't know yet for next episode, but based on this episode it does seem like she isn't aware of Satoko's loops before Onidamashi. She's just on repeat like it were the first time she was arriving to Matsuribayashi.
NeonDZMar 1, 2021 5:11 AM
Mar 1, 2021 7:07 AM
Dec 2015
Huh, i don't know why everyone hate satoko. I can relate for her when she hated studying ( forced studying ) and yes she is at wrong for going into that school, maybe if Rika not said anything like "will be together" satoko probably not going into that school. For refusing rika help i can understand why she didn't accept it because it's useless to study if you didn't like it.
Mar 1, 2021 7:58 AM
Nov 2020
Cool, it's Satoko's turn to experience the loops that Rika went through. If I was Keiichi and it was my turn to experience the loops, I'd try to find a way to get with either Mion or the teacher.
Mar 1, 2021 8:29 AM
Feb 2020
alright i have a guess on where this is all going.
North25Mar 1, 2021 8:40 AM
Mar 1, 2021 5:14 PM

Jul 2008
kuwangpa said:
Cool, it's Satoko's turn to experience the loops that Rika went through.

I mean... Rika went through loops attempting to avoid being brutally murdered. Satoko is looping to make Rika not attend a private school. I wouldn't say Satoko is going through what Rika is.
Mar 1, 2021 10:50 PM

Oct 2017
I was so confused when ep18 lands, as if I'm missing an episode or they air the wrong episode. Like seriously ep17~18 are the most confusing mess I've ever seen.

After episode 20~21 it finally making sense now.
I'm glad I withhold like 5 episodes in one go so I won't scratch my head for weeks trying to make the sense out of this show.

I think it's not a good way to do a story telling like this because it almost makes me want to drop the serie back in ep17~18.
Mar 1, 2021 11:05 PM

May 2020
North25 said:

That's would make the people who want a good and bad end happy but, eh? It's kind of a lazy move to pull. Satoko suddenly waking up in Matsu probably makes it possible.

There's also Sotsu and an announcement coming apparently.

One thing common in Higurashi is fighting fate. Rika loosing would destroy that message. It would instead be something like "You can try to fight fate but it will come back and ruin you to nothing"

I'm expecting one last twist near the end from Ryuukishi but regardless of that.

I'm guessing that Rika kills Satoko or They reconcile and become happy lucky dochi again and/maybe stick it to Featherine.

If a Umineko Remake is hinted in Gou, Passione would probably be the ones doing it right? Regardless of what Ryuukishi said it feels like they rushed the last few episodes. Not sure whether they will do Umineko justice. If anything they might fall into the same problems that Deen did.
ChargecoulombMar 1, 2021 11:10 PM
Mar 1, 2021 11:08 PM

Aug 2009
Chargecoulomb said:
North25 said:

That's would make the people who want a good and bad end happy but, eh? It's kind of a lazy move to pull.

One thing common in Higurashi is fighting fate. Rika loosing would destroy that message. It would instead be something like "You can try to fight fate but it will come back and ruin you to nothing"

I'm expecting one last twist near the end from Ryuukishi but regardless of that.

I'm guessing that Rika kills Satoko or They reconcile and become happy lucky dochi again and/maybe stick it to Featherine.

If a Umineko Remake is hinted in Gou, Passione would probably be the ones doing it right? Regardless of what Ryuukishi said it feels like they rushed the last few episodes. Not sure whether they will do Umineko justice. If anything they might fall into the same problems that Deen did.

Only this time with worse character designs.
Mar 2, 2021 10:41 AM

Oct 2008
Excellent. This lines up perfectly with the beginning of Episode 2.

Fantyyy said:
You're seeing bad writing here simply because you lack the empathy to understand it.

Hm... I kinda agree. Does Satoko make bad choices? Perhaps. But is it bad writing? I don't think so. I personally feel that the series has done a sufficient job of establishing her personality and why she would behave the way she did when placed in that exact situation. Sure, there are billions of ways in which she could go about solving the situation, like just studying, but different people behave differently when confronted with the same circumstances.

It's obvious that Satoko has some kind of a codependency thing with Rika, and Rika doesn't understand the depths of that. Could Rika have done more for Satoko? Of course. Is it really her responsibility to do so? Not really. But with no one else to ground Satoko and help her process her emotions, there's really little way to prevent this tragedy from happening.

Essentially, as third-party omniscient observers, it's very easy for us to disassociate and expect the characters on screen to have the self-awareness and presence of mind to make the best decisions no matter the situation. Now, that, would be unrealistic.
Mar 2, 2021 3:03 PM

Oct 2014
NeonDZ said:
Hulio said:
Yes.

Nah,

I'm not supposed to know that am I? ._.

But anyway, if that's the case, it's even more bullshit than I expected.
Why Rika doesn't know of these ones?
Where is Hanyuu and what is she doing?
Why Rika only wakes up and Hanyuu pops in when they do?

Whatever the reason will be, I can't see it being anything more than a lazy/convenient asspull.
Mar 3, 2021 5:30 AM
Feb 2021
NeonDZ said:
WGN27 said:
So I came here just to hear some answers, isn't Featherine Hanyuu? who is Hanyuu then?

Yes, in one of the few times Ryukishi07 was actually direct about Higu/Umi connections, he outright said a few years ago Hanyuu was Featherine when she had her memory device damaged (which is said to change her personality and appearance in Umineko itself).

That said, he has been much more vague about the Featherine in Gou. The character doesn't even have a name in the credits yet, and in an interview although he didn't deny she was Featherine he outright said that name won't be used.

I think it's still the same idea though. Note that the Hanyuu in early episodes with Rika was just a fragment of herself, and said the real Hanyuu didn't want her meeting Rika. They also highlighted her horn damage, which was constantly shinning in the episode where she disappeared.

wasn't Takano LD? is Satoko going to become a new witch maybe?

Takano was never Lambda herself, but Lambda was often associated with her since Lambda was said to have trapped Bern in a game before Umineko and people obviously associated that with Higurashi, figuring out Lambda used Takano as a piece. Then a later side-story had Lambda blessing a child Takano and she actually uses Takano as a piece in a separate game board in another side-story.

However, Lambda also had elements that seemed to point to Satoko, like her ojou laugh, her closeness with Bern, Bern mentions she fell for a logic problem about cutting a cake that also stumped Satoko and in Umineko Tsubasa Lambda is associated with prank-like traps.
(The cake bit)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66-5Y9C5MVU
Of course, none of that really beat how there was an entire backstory around Lambdadelta trapping Bern for a long time in a game that had nothing to do with Satoko at all. Before Gou.

Although some people still doubt it, I think Satoko is going to become Lambdadelta herself. The game referenced now can just be Gou itself. There are still details that need to be filled in, but I think they're progressing towards that.

That's why Satoko was associated with a Takano-like character like Vier by Featherine this episode, why her casual clothing (high school age) resembles' Takano's, why the scene with Satoko hugging Rika transitioned straight to Takano hugging Tomitake... Basically, They're associating Satoko with Takano now due to the previous association between Lambda and Takano which needs to be acknowledged if Satoko is Lambda.

Note that one of the names Featherine used for Satoko this episode (and the only one actually tied to Satoko's name) was LD3105
LD = LambdaDelta
3105 can be read as Japanese word play involving numbers.
3 = Sa
10 = To
5= Ko

wow thank you so much!! now everything makes sense!! I do think Satoko will become LD then, after all she has become a looper, and Bern came to existence thanks to it so it wouldn't be crazy
Mar 3, 2021 5:42 AM
Feb 2021
Alfonse said:
I honestly can't give a s*it about anything going on in this show anymore. I don't care about Satoko's new loop powers since the reason for her being upset is so unbelievably dumb. I don't care about this new witch character or adult hanyuu(?). Nothing here clicks. The reason why Rika was going through her loops in the original is because of Takano, whose reasoning for spreading the virus throughout town was to fulfill her grandpa's research and prove to the people who laughed at both him and her how wrong they were. She also had a tragic backstory where she lost her parents (which she blamed on herself) and was forced to go to an orphanage that abused her relentlessly (to where she was forced to watch other orphans getting pecked to death and was forced to lick literal feces to clean the toilets with her tongue - in the manga, though the anime was pretty gruesome, too). Takano's reasoning actually made the events in the seasons engaging because you wanted to see how far this character would go to achieve her ends.

Satoko's intentions are just petty and completely contradict the type of character she developed into. The whole point of the abusive uncle arc was for her to overcome her dependency on her brother; that was how she had the courage to tell CPS that she was being abused. But now we're going back to this dependency character of hers? Why is her character regressing? And if you wanted to make her the dependent type, why even include the Teppei arc at all where her character becomes less dependent? What even was the point of the episodes before this time loop? Was it just to attract people with the images and aesthetics of the old show? I'm not seeing the point.

By the way, Satoko is 100% to blame for everything here. She's the one who pushed Rika away when she offered her help multiple times. Nor did Rika force her to go to the academy but she went anyway and made no effort to actually talk to Rika again. Her entire goal is to just keep Rika from pursuing her dreams. Her character is just completely unlikable now and I just cannot care for her or her motivations here at all. I don't know why R07 was so proud of this season because there's literally nothing about it that even comes close to the original show in terms of mystery and character growth. The only reason why you might like any of these characters is because you remember them from the original and they have the same mannerisms and voices. Satoko and Rika time looping is a cool concept, but it's just shot in the foot because Satoko is a complete idiot who's looping because she's upset Rika is doing well without her...even though Rika offered her a helping hand multiple times...and who is still somehow clinging onto Rika.
This whole season just feels unnecessary.

Oh and how exactly did that chandelier drop? She just snapped her fingers and it just fell. Maybe I missed something?
Also, since Satoko can time loop, why doesn't she use that to her advantage and improve her grades? It just all sucks.
If you like this show that's perfectly fine; more power to you, but my god I just cannot understand what R07 was thinking with this. I hate saying "bad writing" because it makes me sound pretentious, but this is just not good.

While I do agree that Takano was a good villain (the one that makes you hate her and feel bad for her at the same time) I'm still enjoying the past few eps, gotta agree that after rewatching the series and coming to Gou I did skip some bits that were repeated at the beginning but I think the point was for us to try to understand what was different this time around together with Rika, getting to understand there was another looper, and then coming to the realization that Satoko was quite sus the whole time.

I think what she is doing is on character, she was a victim of abuse basically all her childhood and she is a recovering patient of HS on top of that, the one being dependent at the beginning was Rika, she is the one that wanted to stay together with Satoko just to forget her later, Satoko gave her a "second chance" and told Rika everything, how she truly didn't think things would work out if she went there too, and Rika told her to trust her, that she wouldn't abandon her and that they would overcome everything together, just to leave her alone the moment she found new friends, so no I don't blame Satoko for feeling betrayed, and given her background and new found powers it didn't seem so unnatural for me for her to say fuck you Rika I'm redoing this shit and this time I won't trust you anymore, now you would imagine she would go and just decide to go to a different school, but it seems like something went bad along the way, we will have to wait and see
Mar 3, 2021 7:37 AM
Oct 2019
Satoko is a looper now, she went back 5 years ago...

Poor Satoko, trying to trust Rika but got betrayed again..

Holy shit that ending with Chandelier was Brutal... 😲

A battle between loopers and best friends...
Mar 3, 2021 8:51 AM

May 2020
I watched the ani one version. Not sure about the accuracy of the subs but, Featherine says that her power can do things that the human body cannot. and that the ideal world that Satoko wants will appear in her sight.

The wording that the sub used was interesting.
I don't like it but it reminds me of Ciconia. Doing things that the human body cannot and a person's ideal worlds appearing. Along with the spinal cord sample thing reminding me of Ciconia's factory.

When you create a virtual reality. It simply does not appear. Different processes with varying levels of priority should exist to make it work. That can be very similar to Uminekos meta world cosmology. It's interesting that there is an ICT similarity.

I doubt that it will end up being the case, but it's interesting to think about.

Ep 22 preview https://higurashianime.com/story/005_022.html
Where is Satoko in the preview before the final one. Irie Clinic? That could mean Satoshi right?
Maybe she'll blame Rika for Satoshi's mess too. How she was looping but didn't bother to save her brother.

If Featherine lookalike says that Rika didn't bother to help him. Which is kind of true. Since she considered Satoshi to be a preset value rather than something she could change. That would make Satoko really despise Rika. Combined with HS, you have a better motive than her getting distant.

Re; on second thought it looks like she's in a building with construction equipment outside? I'm not sure what I'm seeing here.
ChargecoulombMar 3, 2021 9:10 AM
Mar 3, 2021 9:18 PM

Jul 2008
I don't think BD sales really matter much these days in terms of second season or other sorts of predictions, but apparently Gou Vol 1 sold 1400 copies.
Mar 4, 2021 3:38 AM

Aug 2009
Gar_Logan said:
I don't think BD sales really matter much these days in terms of second season or other sorts of predictions, but apparently Gou Vol 1 sold 1400 copies.

Isnt 1100-1200 sales the "whateveryoucallit line" that BD/Dvdn have to pass to be considered good?

I am disappointment really.

If this leads to a Passione Umineko project I think I will stick with Deen's.
Mar 4, 2021 4:12 AM

Oct 2010
Chargecoulomb said:

Re; on second thought it looks like she's in a building with construction equipment outside? I'm not sure what I'm seeing here.

Pretty sure that's the clinic, probably next to a sealed room.
Mar 4, 2021 4:50 AM

May 2020
ssjokg said:
Gar_Logan said:

Isnt 1100-1200 sales the "whateveryoucallit line" that BD/Dvdn have to pass to be considered good?

I am disappointment really.

If this leads to a Passione Umineko project I think I will stick with Deen's.

If it does happen, it will most likely make the same mistakes that Deen Made. In a perfect world however...

I looked at a few other shows Passione made to see how good they are at making stuff. Not including Interspecies reviewers which is good for what it is, Two or so shows are actually good.

If they get the time and a suitable director is heading the project then we could get a good adaptation.

Unfortunately most anime today is rushed out. Only a select few studios actually give the time and effort they deserve. Even that is sometimes limited to a few works.

It would be for the best if they used the manga as their source and cut or compress a few things that are of less importance. A one to one adaptation would probably give them trouble.

If they cut and mangle the story and mystery to the point that viewers can't follow it an loose interest however. Welp.

To be honest though it did feel like Passione was struggling and rushing things through. Longer series are not really their thing. Unless they are really passionate and confident they probably won't touch Umineko.

___

Can't say anything until we get the final sales numbers, but..

1-2000 isn't good for blue ray sale numbers. But for the Series as a whole streaming, merchandise and Mei probably make more money anyway. Even the viewership for the Ani-one uploads on YouTube are not that good.

Higurashi is a wide series so this might not count but anime usually break even at 2-3K and normally series above 4k are considered for sequels.
ChargecoulombMar 4, 2021 5:24 AM
Mar 4, 2021 8:55 AM

Jul 2008
Chargecoulomb said:

Can't say anything until we get the final sales numbers, but..

1-2000 isn't good for blue ray sale numbers. But for the Series as a whole streaming, merchandise and Mei probably make more money anyway. Even the viewership for the Ani-one uploads on YouTube are not that good.

Higurashi is a wide series so this might not count but anime usually break even at 2-3K and normally series above 4k are considered for sequels.

Yeah, like I know back in the day, people used to say that 4-5k was considered kind of the baseline a series should reach to break even. And a "Hit" was something closer to 10k. Anything below 2 was definitely considered poor.

But as you said, Higurashi is a huge franchise now... Manga, tie-in games and apps, etc. I also have no idea how much the studio/IP makes from allowing places around the world to pay for the rights to stream it.
Mar 5, 2021 1:25 AM

Mar 2009
By the end of this series, I may end up hating both Satoko and Rika. It's bizarre to me that Rika would be so standoffish to Satoko, considering their deep friendship. Not to mention, she's well aware of Satoko's dependency on her. And Satoko - as broken as she is as a person, thanks to all the awful stuff she's been through - putting Rika through all this torture again just feels like too much.
Mar 6, 2021 1:21 PM

Jul 2008
Ugh both sides are in the wrong here...

Rika is an ass for lying to Satoko about the school. She did not live up to her word. Satoko gave her a second chance and went through it all again, but Rika did not keep her word.

That said Rika doesn't deserve endless loops of torture porn hell for it.

And Satoko, you need to stop living in the past. People grow as life goes on, change is a constant. You need to accept that. If she wanted to go to the school then let her. You can't live in childhood forever.
Mar 13, 2021 11:29 AM

Mar 2010
Rikaa got what she fucking deserved, what a little bitch she used to be lolz.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 19, 2021 2:18 AM
Mar 2020
there is an obvious feeling of self-doubt with Satoko all because she sees herself as below Rika. I don't think I will ever fully believe Rika would just turn a cold shoulder on Satoko and the result of Satokos self-doubt really reflects on how she abuses the power of the loop. On the other hand, I did not expect Rika to be so...dull? She seemed to have lost that childish happy-go-lucky self I knew in the beginning which is where I understand where Satoko is coming from. However, Satoko did come off as a little obsessive in some scenes. NOT saying she is but the way she came off seemed like a child obsessed with their favorite idol.

In the end, I do have a feeling I will not be liking either Satoko or Rika just because of how they turned out to be as people.

This episode all-in-all was crazy, the scene where Satoko snaps her fingers and the chandelier falls on both the girls as they hug. My favorite scene so far throughout the series. I am curious on how this series will end and how much of an impact the ending will have. I am looking forward to it.

metawinMar 19, 2021 2:23 AM
Mar 20, 2021 10:52 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Rika is a fucking selfish bitch. "I lent you my hand but you pushed it away" Shut up bitch, she was your friend who gave her all to be with you, she tried her best for 2.5 years and you didn't even notice how lonely she was? You didn't even try to have an honest talk? What a fucking bitch. Rika needs to suffer more, 100 years is not enough. Fucking bitch. Fuck Furude Rika.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Mar 21, 2021 1:11 PM

Nov 2007
This show went from a 6/10 for the first half to a 9/10 the last few eps. Now I'm just sad there's only 3 left :(
Mar 21, 2021 1:15 PM

Nov 2007
Mormegil said:
By the end of this series, I may end up hating both Satoko and Rika. It's bizarre to me that Rika would be so standoffish to Satoko, considering their deep friendship.

That's what high school does with people. Being popular is more important for a lot of people than true friendships. Rika is in her teens now. This happens and a little promise from 5 years ago doesn't mean shit. I can relate to this so much
Mar 24, 2021 9:58 AM
Jun 2009
Pretty interesting, I was happy with the usual syndrome business concluding arcs, but this is fine too.

It's understandable that Rika wants to leave Hinamizawa after lifetimes of trauma she experienced there, but the way she's obliviously dragging Satoko to an unsuitable environment is selfish, just like Satoko trying to get her to stay in Hinamizawa.

When Satoko's trap bloodied a girl's head in the previous episode, it felt like St Lucia represents the "real world", as opposed to the forgiving environment of the game club, where physical violence is played for laughs (until it gets to the point where pools of blood start forming or dismemberment occurs, anyway).
Mar 29, 2021 7:42 PM

Jan 2013
Satoko's turn to play the loops, but i do feel her honestly. In Rika's mind, the fact that her grades are bad is the only problem. Like especially with the loops, she could remember all the questions and pass the exams with the best grade but it's not the only problem.

Would be good if Satoko now went by herself, without going to St.Lucia, but i doubt.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 2, 2021 2:13 AM

Jul 2014
Oh I see, I've read the interview of ryukishi 07 and it's not featherine
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
Apr 2, 2021 2:44 PM

Oct 2014
MurukoHiiragi said:
Are you sure you read it?
Did he say "She isn't Featherine" or did he say "Her name isn't Featherine"?
There's a vast difference.

Also, knowing Ryukishi, saying the latter implies more that she indeed is Featherine than that she isn't.
Apr 3, 2021 8:26 PM

Jul 2014
Hulio said:
MurukoHiiragi said:

Also, knowing Ryukishi, saying the latter implies more that she indeed is Featherine than that she isn't.

I guess what he said is her name isn't featherine but him saying "thatv is very similar to that charac"
I interpreted it as "they may have strong similarities but she is not featherine even her name"
So my conclusion is ryukishi07 saying she is not featherine and her name isn't featherine.

This is what ryukishi said (imma copy paste it)
"Well... indeed, there is a character in Umineko called Featherine that is very similar to that character. But for that character, voiced by Hidaka Noriko, her name is not Featherine."

I dunno that's what i came up with, maybe diff from anyone 😅

~Aqours~
Apr 3, 2021 9:40 PM

Aug 2009
MurukoHiiragi said:
Hulio said:

I guess what he said is her name isn't featherine but him saying "thatv is very similar to that charac"
I interpreted it as "they may have strong similarities but she is not featherine even her name"
So my conclusion is ryukishi07 saying she is not featherine and her name isn't featherine.

"Well... indeed, there is a character in Umineko called Featherine that is very similar to that character. But for that character, voiced by Hidaka Noriko, her name is not Featherine."

I mean, if he says
he would be wrong or right depending on how you interpret it. Same here.

I doubt that he will pull a "she is completely unrelated character" bs twist.
Apr 4, 2021 1:17 AM

Jul 2014
ssjokg said:
MurukoHiiragi said:

I mean, if he says
he would be wrong or right depending on how you interpret it. Same here.

I doubt that he will pull a "she is completely unrelated character" bs twist.

Yeah it would depend on how we interpret it but ofc im not gonna trust my interpretation 100% and not gonna ignore other interpretations
Since ryukishi really loves to tease us

~Aqours~
Apr 4, 2021 7:13 AM
Jan 2018
I have mixed feelings about these past few episodes. I sympathize with Satoko and I can't stand ''new Rika'' and her obnoxious new friends. However, Rika did offer to help Satoko study. Both times. In my opinion she upheld her end of the deal. Seems like they tried to write the conflict in a way where the characters just grew apart and neither of them is really at fault, but right now it seems like Satoko is completely in the wrong.
Apr 19, 2021 12:39 AM

Jun 2016
Damn. I was hoping in this new loop Satoko would learn something and ask Rika for help, but from what I could tell (since they only showed Satoko's "omg you betrayed me" reaction) Satoko turned Rika down once again. I feel it would actually have been quite interesting if Rika started distancing herself from Satoko even with Satoko trying her hardest to avoid what happened last time, whatever. Plus it would've helped with sympathizing with Satoko. I sort of sympathized with her about her circumstances a few episodes ago, but seeing her make the same mistakes is making it difficult for me to do so.
The last scene was kinda kino though, I gotta give props for that.
May 18, 2021 12:03 AM

Feb 2019

Jesus what is wrong with this Satoko girl... honestly hate characters like this where they blame you for everything when you literally stand in front of them and ask if they need help.

Oh isn't this the same attitude that a lot of anime characters have, especially from the higurashi age from 2000's? It is like the typical tsundere that only knows how to insult the protagonist when this character is the kindest being in the world. Is a recalcitrant personality of hundreds of female characters just to provoke drama, seriously in various animes they could have solved everything from the beginning if only this trashy character accepted the help.
Jun 15, 2021 4:19 PM

Jan 2011
I don't understand why people are so upset with Satoko.

Satoko explained her struggles to Rika, and told Rika that studying for an entry into St. Lucia Academy will drain her entirely, that she won't be able to keep up with classes and her best friend. That'd she not fit in like Rika. Rika reassures Satoko and tells her not to worry, and that she'd always be there for Satoko, no matter what. She promises. Satoko gives Rika a chance.

Believing Rika, Satoko devotes more than two years of her life to fullfill Rika's dream of enrolling together into St. Lucia Academy. They both enroll successfully, but as Satoko predicted, she is unable to keep up or fit in, whereas Rika is living the dream. Satoko's been had by Rika.

Rika asked Satoko ONCE whether she should provide her a lending hand with her studies. Satoko declined the need, because Rika's clique didn't seem quite as accepting.

You promised your best friend you'd be there for them after they emptied their heart to you, and then you do them dirty like that? C'mon.

Rika also witnessed the conversation the Head Teacher had with Satoko, so Rika knew something was up, but did not engage the matter. Why? Sure hope that cup of tea that you're drinking is worth more than your best friend's dedication to fullfill your dream.

Satoko did nothing wrong here. Rika deserved every ounch of it.
Jun 16, 2021 2:46 AM

Aug 2009
Snakeform said:
I don't understand why people are so upset with Satoko.

Satoko explained her struggles to Rika, and told Rika that studying for an entry into St. Lucia Academy will drain her entirely, that she won't be able to keep up with classes and her best friend. That'd she not fit in like Rika. Rika reassures Satoko and tells her not to worry, and that she'd always be there for Satoko, no matter what. She promises. Satoko gives Rika a chance.

Believing Rika, Satoko devotes more than two years of her life to fullfill Rika's dream of enrolling together into St. Lucia Academy. They both enroll successfully, but as Satoko predicted, she is unable to keep up or fit in, whereas Rika is living the dream. Satoko's been had by Rika.

Rika asked Satoko ONCE whether she should provide her a lending hand with her studies. Satoko declined the need, because Rika's clique didn't seem quite as accepting.

You promised your best friend you'd be there for them after they emptied their heart to you, and then you do them dirty like that? C'mon.

Rika also witnessed the conversation the Head Teacher had with Satoko, so Rika knew something was up, but did not engage the matter. Why? Sure hope that cup of tea that you're drinking is worth more than your best friend's dedication to fullfill your dream.

Satoko did nothing wrong here. Rika deserved every ounch of it.
Yes trapping your friend in endless loops of death and torture is fair game if they supposedly ignore you in highschool.

How long till we start saying that school shooters are in the right?
Jun 16, 2021 3:14 AM

May 2020
How many people have you grown distant with over the years? How would you feel if one of them showed up and killed you over it?

ChargecoulombJun 16, 2021 3:19 AM
Jun 16, 2021 3:54 AM
Apr 2012
SO this was actually my first higurashi despite growing up with it, it was often recommended that I don't watch it. Honestly, it's like a 6/10. the moral of the story from episode 18 on was kinda good.

But this show has so much fluff and filler that it's almost a little irritating. This show for majority of it was probably 5/10. I understood "why" they did it. To gain some empathy and relate to the characters. But could it have been done in a more entertaining way than some nonsense in middle school? Yes. As I didn't even relate to that part of it all. Only time it ever paid off was when Satako dodged expecting the "trap". I was like OH, cool.

That's all. The time travel would've been a lot cooler if Satakos horned time traveller wasn't controlling both sides.
Jun 16, 2021 1:48 PM

Jan 2011
ssjokg said:
Yes trapping your friend in endless loops of death and torture is fair game if they supposedly ignore you in highschool.

Chargecoulomb said:
How many people have you grown distant with over the years? How would you feel if one of them showed up and killed you over it?

Why make a promise if you cannot keep to it, to your 'bestest' friend no less. Satoko opened up to Rika, told her she'd rather not go. But Rika insisted, it'd be a dream come true if Satoko comes with.

Rika was selfish this episode, only caring about her 'happy ending', whereas Satoko was merely dragged along so Rika would feel good about herself. Sure, Rika may have spend over a 100 years to get to this point, but that doesn't mean you should trample over your 'bestest' friend's feelings.

Satoko got absolutely nothing out of this exchange, and yet she kept on giving.

I've grown distant to a couple of friends, yes. Who hasn't? However I never asked my friends to dedicate two and a half years of their life on getting into a specific academy, just so that I can be happy. That'd be ridiculous.

Jun 16, 2021 1:59 PM

Aug 2009
Snakeform said:
ssjokg said:

Chargecoulomb said:

Why make a promise if you cannot keep to it, to your 'bestest' friend no less. Satoko opened up to Rika, told her she'd rather not go. But Rika insisted, it'd be a dream come true if Satoko comes with.

Rika was selfish this episode, only caring about her 'happy ending', whereas Satoko was merely dragged along so Rika would feel good about herself. Sure, Rika may have spend over a 100 years to get to this point, but that doesn't mean you should trample over your 'bestest' friend's feelings.

Satoko got absolutely nothing out of this exchange, and yet she kept on giving.

I've grown distant to a couple of friends, yes. Who hasn't? However I never asked my friends to dedicate two and a half years of their life on getting into a specific academy, just so that I can be happy. That'd be ridiculous.

It is even more ridiculous to repeatedly commit suicide, murder and mass murder as a result of what is basic teenager problems.

Rika breaking a promise she didn't know she could keep(and we only saw Satoko's perspective) and Satoko throwing her back in the loops, torturing and killing her repeatedly are two very different things and I hope that I should not have to point out which one is worse.
Jun 23, 2021 12:57 PM

Mar 2014
Mmm nope. I do feel bad, it's obviously a shitty situation to be in, but this doesn't even hold a candle to Rika's despair. Rika had to try and evade the fate of death of herself and many others, with many many factors at play that seem almost impossible to evade. Whereas Satoko is literally just causing problems for herself... I mean is it not easier to just accept Rika's help (even if it makes her feel beneath her or whatever) than to loop the same 5 years over and over again indefinitely, suffering through countless deaths? Or she could just generally grow the fuck up and realise that the world doesn't revolve around her? How self centred does one have to be to disallow someone who's been in a time loop for a hundred years to be able to finally just live her goddamn life. And why does she care more about this than saving Satoshi? That would be more in character for her and much more serious...
Oh but I LOVED the visuals for the new ED. So pretty.
iiKrinaJun 23, 2021 1:15 PM
Jun 26, 2021 5:33 PM

Oct 2016
This episode is good. There are some small changes in the opening movie, like the yellow box, and the silhouette of the smiling woman is actually not Hanyuu, but the woman that appears to be a demon, or a witch, giving Satoko the power to reincarnate. She seemed to be responsible for many, what do you call it..? "memory loops", or "time repeats", from numerous other world, as she had trouble recognizing Satoko and mistaking her for other human beings and eventually identified Satoko with letters and numbers.

Looking at the database here in MAL, her name is Featherine Augustus Aurora, and she seemed to be a character from Umineko. I had planned to read Umineko, but damn, maybe I should've done it sooner.

After awakened to 1983 Hinamizawa, the events of Matsuribayashi took place again, but Satoko seemed to be unaware of Rika's own ability to reincarnate. She tried to convince Rika to stay, but failed and yielded to Rika's wish but Rika promised to never leave her. Unfortunately, just like the previous world, Rika left her on her own again. She decided to kill herself along with Rika to repeat the world again. It was brutal, but they died in a way only Satoko can make happen.

The new ending movie is cool. It really accentuates Satoko's relationship with Rika.
Jul 3, 2021 11:54 AM

Jan 2013
Rasco said:
Rikaa got what she fucking deserved, what a little bitch she used to be lolz.

well said comrade. based and societypilled. about time rika got a taste of her own medicine.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

395 by Stinkyanimebrap »»
Mar 19, 9:57 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2021

323 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 14, 2021

317 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 1:11 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jan 7, 2021

166 by Drinzen »»
Feb 17, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Danpmss - Mar 11, 2021

313 by eblf2013 »»
Dec 13, 2023 5:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.