Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 25, 2021 3:51 PM
Dec 2019
Rika look, that's how you are suppose to leave, the end was soo fuc_ing epick
Feb 25, 2021 3:57 PM

May 2014
Maybe I should have read Ciconia before going into this hhhh
Feb 25, 2021 4:02 PM

Feb 2016
I don't quite understand what I'm watching since I haven't seen the original prequels but I like this anime anyways
Just because you are doing something for someone else doesn't make it right. Kindness and beauty can sometimes become cruel.
Feb 25, 2021 4:06 PM

Jun 2017
I feel like we really got to some enjoyable stuff (not amazing but okay) but look, the season will end soon already and the first half was wasted on total bullshit with remaking old og arcs with slightly different outcomes. :/

The way the ending transitioned to the new visuals was legit fire tho.
Feb 25, 2021 4:09 PM
Apr 2020
wow wowo wooooooooow that hype with every episode againnnnn , satoko killed rika after broke up the promise n failed to make rika give up , still questioned about miko and how the author put her in the story .. not fully understand but still best episode of all anime week imo .. disappointed for underrating this amazing work compare to top anime now as aot , jobless reincarnation
forgot to say : another 10/10
FreePalestineFeb 25, 2021 4:31 PM
Feb 25, 2021 4:10 PM
Oct 2018
Satoko is a really awful friend. She says that it's all for Rika's happiness but it really just for her own happiness and comfort. You CANNOT say that you're striving for your best friend's happiness when you actively try to sabotage her dreams. Rika tried multiple times to reach out to her, and even one of Rika's new friends said that she was constantly worrying about Satoko, yet Satoko always pushes her away, and somehow this is Rika's fault?????

Honestly, Rika has gone through far too much with Satoko for me to believe that she tossed her to the side like what Satoko is implying. Rika's has finally, FINALLY overcome everything and is able to attain her dreams and aspirations, and although she wanted Satoko along for the ride, she was willing to do it on her own. Yet Satoko repeats the same mistake and blames Rika.

Although this was somewhat of a logical end to Satoko's character (since she has serious attachment insecurity with others because of her brother and the fact that Rika was the only kind person to her in the village for a long time) Rika has worked so so hard to be happy and live and I am annoyed that Satoko's immaturity and insecurities are getting in the way of that.

Also girl, just study. Dang. It has to be easier than doing all of this looping
Feb 25, 2021 4:19 PM

Jul 2014
Feels weird to post my thoughts here after watching the episode but I kinda digged it. ED was really fun visually.

Not surprised that Satoko's grades dipped again, if it was only her first loop retaining information about everything would be difficult, especially if she was stressed out during the first run. Was nice to see her actually spill out her feelings about going to the school but woof... Outcome is still the same.

Also I can sort of see the problem with Rika trying to help her like... Didn't Rika the first time literally asked her for help in front of all her classmates. That's just kinda embarassing honestly and it kinda makes sense why she'd keep rejecting if Rika keeps doing that? I'm going to have to assume Rika did that again to Satoko hence why once again, she refused help because... Honestly that makes Satoko seem stupid in front of everyone.

I'm sure it's 100% not what Rika was trying to do, but I think there's just a whole lack of communication between these two and they really need to air things out.
Feb 25, 2021 4:25 PM

Apr 2017
Satoko is just a dependent asshole lmao. Poor Rika, kawaiso.
Feb 25, 2021 4:34 PM

Aug 2009
Fantyyy said:
ssjokg said:

Looks like Jaw and Play Maker started using their old account.

Satoko still had someone to cling to but she drifted away on her own. She was the one turning down Rika's offers.

Being good doesnt mean as good as the original.
Asking for proper direction and writing isnt expecting too much.

If you cant see that the characters and plot have issues then you are the one that doesnt make sense.

You actually just proved that you don't know anything not only about writing characters, but human relationships either.

Of course Satoko turned down Rika's "offers", Rika started acting completely different in the eyes of Satoko and that made her feel alienated. Satoko felt she lost everything, since the person she sacrificed everything for in the past few years started acting like a stranger compared to before. Her personality is warped for sure, but she was always insecure and broken, and it makes sense for these events to trigger her insanity.

You're seeing bad writing here simply because you lack the empathy to understand it.

Jaw and Play Maker? What is that even? Some weeb friend of yours? Guess I could only understand that if I'd spend half my life on anime forums like you, which I would rather not cause I have better things to do than reading these ignorant and entitled takes.

TKNion said:

Don't expect anything from Satoko apologists.

Actually, I'm just laughing at you guys, don't really care about which characters weebs with this small mentality fanboy. Just kind of hilarious you can write down such bs and actually mean it.

I knew it was pointless replying before but damn...
Feb 25, 2021 4:35 PM
Apr 2020
Kanon_21xo said:
Satoko is a really awful friend. She says that it's all for Rika's happiness but it really just for her own happiness and comfort. You CANNOT say that you're striving for your best friend's happiness when you actively try to sabotage her dreams. Rika tried multiple times to reach out to her, and even one of Rika's new friends said that she was constantly worrying about Satoko, yet Satoko always pushes her away, and somehow this is Rika's fault?????

Honestly, Rika has gone through far too much with Satoko for me to believe that she tossed her to the side like what Satoko is implying. Rika's has finally, FINALLY overcome everything and is able to attain her dreams and aspirations, and although she wanted Satoko along for the ride, she was willing to do it on her own. Yet Satoko repeats the same mistake and blames Rika.

Although this was somewhat of a logical end to Satoko's character (since she has serious attachment insecurity with others because of her brother and the fact that Rika was the only kind person to her in the village for a long time) Rika has worked so so hard to be happy and live and I am annoyed that Satoko's immaturity and insecurities are getting in the way of that.

Also girl, just study. Dang. It has to be easier than doing all of this looping

perspective of morality for satoko
Feb 25, 2021 4:37 PM

Jul 2012
Feb 25, 2021 4:37 PM

Aug 2009
tinel-no-Okami said:
From the start, Satoko knew that she did not want to live the whimsy, rigid and dedicated life of St. Lucia Academy. Yet she would endure it and try to fit if it meant staying with Rika. Whilst being so absorbed in the idea of taking part in a such a fascinant ambient, Rika forgot that Satoko might've been a misfit there.

"Was Satoko forced to accept Rika's request? Absolutely not.
Was the school like they promoted it? Yes.
Satoko knew that, but she just couldn't bring herself to abandon a friend. She must've felt betrayed when Rika stopped being like her childhood friend and turned out to be the absolute image that St Lucia wanted her to portray, because
now joining Rika would mean fitting the standard that Satoko hated.

Feeling restrained, betrayed, rejected and abandoned probably triggered Hinomizawa Syndrome on her. But in all honesty, it should trigger social anxiety and depression instead."

[I had made the comment above on regards of the 19th episode]

I'm pretty sure Hinomizawa Syndrome is now a thing of the past, she really was cured.
This episode only reinforced my view that Rika is being somewhat of a douche. Satoko's actions aren't reasonable as well, but Rika was continuously going with the "It's my dream" talk and at the end she just stopped giving a fuck. How can you be so attached with someone and suddenly stop caring?

From someone as mature as Rika, I was expecting for her to give a pat on Satoko's back and say: "You are right, if you think St. Lucia won't be a good experience to you then you shouldn't go, regardless, I will engage on going there nevertheless" not "Nano desu, it's my dream. I want you by my side forever nipaaaaa". Pretty sadistic to treat another person as an object that you want close and nothing more.

Satoko stopped seeing Rika as a person, and now is just an object she must possess.

You said so yourself. Rika is a douche...worst case scenario that is. Satoko is psycho especially if the syndrome doesn't exist now.
Feb 25, 2021 4:41 PM

Aug 2009
the start was literal. I haven't read Ciconia but I guessed it was from there and that it was also nothing more than pointless references.

I, concider myself part of the larger wtc fandom but no I didn't feel like this.
Feb 25, 2021 4:45 PM

Sep 2019
ssjokg said:
Fantyyy said:

You actually just proved that you don't know anything not only about writing characters, but human relationships either.

Of course Satoko turned down Rika's "offers", Rika started acting completely different in the eyes of Satoko and that made her feel alienated. Satoko felt she lost everything, since the person she sacrificed everything for in the past few years started acting like a stranger compared to before. Her personality is warped for sure, but she was always insecure and broken, and it makes sense for these events to trigger her insanity.

You're seeing bad writing here simply because you lack the empathy to understand it.

Jaw and Play Maker? What is that even? Some weeb friend of yours? Guess I could only understand that if I'd spend half my life on anime forums like you, which I would rather not cause I have better things to do than reading these ignorant and entitled takes.

Actually, I'm just laughing at you guys, don't really care about which characters weebs with this small mentality fanboy. Just kind of hilarious you can write down such bs and actually mean it.

I knew it was pointless replying before but damn...

Yeah, it was quite pointless trying to defend your contradictory double standards for evaluating Satoko's character between the original and Gou.
Feb 25, 2021 4:49 PM

Jul 2012
ssjokg said:
the start was literal. I haven't read Ciconia but I guessed it was from there and that it was also nothing more than pointless references.

I, concider myself part of the larger wtc fandom but no I didn't feel like this.

You REALLY should read Ciconia then. This episode just revealed some huuuuge stuff for the world building in the WTC verse and the more veteran fans are going crazy with theories right now.

Just because you don't understand and/or dislike Gou, doesn't mean it's pointless.

I recommend you visiting dedicated 07th expansion discord servers instead of isolating yourself in the MAL hate bubble.

The discussions and theorizing in there are far more productive anyway.
Feb 25, 2021 4:50 PM

Aug 2009
I wonder why every stupid motherfcker starts their trolling campaign with me. Same with the other two morons that tried so hard to prove to everyone that Gou is more than trash.

Feb 25, 2021 4:52 PM

Jul 2012
ssjokg said:
I wonder why every stupid motherfcker starts their trolling campaign with me. Same with the other two morons that tried so hard to prove to everyone that Gou is more than trash.

Maybe you are the stupid motherfucker being an ass because you have a hate bone for Gou (or have you never considered that?)

People are entitled to their opinions and there's a lot going on in Gou with very extensive implications, and many fans are here just for that.
Feb 25, 2021 4:54 PM

Aug 2009
Danpmss said:
ssjokg said:

You REALLY should read Ciconia then. This episode just revealed some huuuuge stuff for the world building in the WTC verse and the more veteran fans are going crazy with theories right now.

Just because you don't understand and/or dislike Gou, doesn't mean it's pointless.

I recommend you visiting dedicated 07th expansion discord servers instead of isolating yourself in the MAL hate bubble.

If all Gou has to offer is world building for other shows, in a few sec scenes, then I don't see what is wrong with the hate the story of Gou gets.

As for Ciconia, I just don't feel like reading a story thatb as barely started and is unknown if it will continue or end soon.
ssjokgFeb 25, 2021 5:02 PM
Feb 25, 2021 4:56 PM

Aug 2009
Danpmss said:
ssjokg said:

Maybe you are the stupid motherfucker being an ass because you have a hate bone for Gou (or have you never considered that?)

People are entitled to their opinions and there's a lot going on in Gou with very extensive implications, and many fans are here just for that.

I am sorry but I am not the one attacking a large part of the fandom for not liking Gou. They started it not me..
Feb 25, 2021 5:00 PM
Apr 2020
3rdNight said:
They changed both op (revealing featherine) and ed (showing what is exactly happening in this arc)

If you look at lyrics.. everything makes sense if you think as Satoko's POV.

yes ur right , nice one
even the op we cant fully understand yet lol !
Feb 25, 2021 5:12 PM

Aug 2020
holy shit satoko.

ed visuals looks great, finally. Milf Hanyu in the op is damn scary.

gou anime-onlies like me rn:
Feb 25, 2021 5:21 PM

Jul 2012
ssjokg said:
Danpmss said:

If all Gou has to offer is world building for other shows, in a few sec scenes, then I don't see what is wrong with the hate the story of Gou gets.

As for Ciconia, I jusy don't feel like reading a story thatbhas barely started and is unknown if it will continue or end soon.

Ciconia has roughly the content equivalent for an entirety of question arcs as is, and it's worth getting into precisely because is a far more packed individual thing than your usual arc/EP in WTC.

And considering how Ryukishi works go, if you consider yourself part of the fandom, you should know that that's how things usually go:

1- Chapter comes out
2- Period of intensive mass theorycrafting about its content
3- Next Chapter comes out
4- Rise and repeat

It's almost like the entire point of WTC as a series, theorizing until the next part comes and reaching your own conclusions, while comparing and sharing it to others'.

Gou is about the same.

ssjokg said:
Danpmss said:

I am sorry but I am not the one attacking a large part of the fandom for not liking Gou. They started it not me..

Sorry, but what you are doing here is no different from what the Umineko hatedom did to it until the very end of its run calling it nonsensical bullshit, I had my fair share of that crap already, unproductive "fans" that just give up on making sense of the mystery and calling it shit for the rest of the run and ad-hominem-ing anyone who dares to disagree with them (and try to argue with them about their prejudice of what the story is trying to go with since it isn't over yet? "UNTHINKABLE! How dare they these blind fanboys trying to shut my thoughts down in any way, it's obviously bad written shit and they are attacking me for telling the truth!").

Very old news for a "veteran goat theorist" like myself, thank you very much, I had enough of the reasoning for years on end before Umineko got vindicated by history, and I'm only judging Higurashi Gou's full picture as it should when I see the very end for it, and I've seen a lot of good theories ever since Satokowashi started even explaining several common criticisms. My own theory will tackle that much, I think I'll post it soon after revisiting some things in the Higu VN.

Umineko for one didn't actually made much sense in terms of presentation and character building at first, only explained most of its metafictional plot device and character arc for Tohya in the very last epilogue for the main story, the EP8's ???; no need to call it garbage from god knows how many episodes ago, it's just repeating that same history. Higurashi was also "nonsensical crap" with inconsistently characterized psychos until it came to the answer arcs, that's how Ryukishi always floated his boat, really.

That said, the only place I frequent in which I see concentrated hate for Gou is in here, since the very first episode because of the massive troll interview before episode 2, even because people aren't aware that Ryukishi is a trickster writer that will troll you in every opportunity he can during his mysteries, in the most ambiguous ways, be them fair play (Umineko) or not (Higurashi).

Even 4chan of all places are having more productive theorycrafting than in here, which is also the reason I barely touched these threads for a while.

Couldn't resist given the latest episodes, in which, by the comments, you can tell very well who are actually trying to shut down which person's opinion, and let me tell you, it isn't the Gou fans having a blast.
Feb 25, 2021 5:43 PM

Sep 2020

I hate to admit but there are so many evidances of "adult hanyu" being featherine that i must say i was wrong thinking she wasn't, mostly because of the details of her appearance and outfit.

That's what i felt when many people started talking about lambda and bern i was like "who are they" i rushed the umineko anime and manga to understand .

Now even ciconia references are here?

Is all this to make people go watch the manga or play the VN of Ciconia?(haven't read ciconia or even played the VN).

I think they put unnecessary details of ciconia, unless we get anime of ciconia, or just to make more money by making people bying VN or manga to understand those words in the beggining.

So R07 lied about featherine since in the manga there is a panel that talks about bern past and featherine and he said it wasn't her but didn't said names but the way she speaks clearly seems the same way that featherine speaks the manga at least.
UltimatMaxFeb 25, 2021 5:49 PM
Shiki is the best anime and unique with his style design, you can't change my mind from it
Feb 25, 2021 5:47 PM

Mar 2019
Im really surprised...

This episode wasnt too Good... just normal as usual..

But still..... BETTER than the "Promised Neverland S2" Episode of this week.

That is just Sad.
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Feb 25, 2021 5:50 PM

Jul 2012
UltimatMax said:

That's what i felt when many people started talking about lambda and bern i was like "who are they" i rushed the umineko anime and manga to understand .

Now even ciconia references are here i is that to make people go watch the manga or play the VN of Ciconia?.

I think they put unnecessary details of ciconia, unless we get anime of ciconia, or just to make more money by making people bying VN or manga to understand those words in the beggining.

If you want to know what you are missing big time when it comes to the Ciconia tie-in is a reveal LOOOOOONG speculated from old Umineko EP releases and now confirmed and likely tying in some theories regarding character relations:

I can go into further detail on how that tie-in with a main plot point in Ciconia, but that's a huge spoiler.
Feb 25, 2021 5:52 PM
Feb 2021
ssjokg said:
Danpmss said:

You're the one who attacks everyone for having a different opinion or liking Gou, dude.
Feb 25, 2021 5:55 PM
Feb 2021
I honestly think we'll have a bad ending leading to a season 2. I don't see a good ending coming out of this series. We also have lots of characters that need to be addressed somehow like Satoshi and Shion
Feb 25, 2021 5:56 PM
Apr 2016
Okay. Maybe you guys could help me clarify one thing. I watched the first Higurashi series a long time ago and had only faint memories of it heading into this one. My question is, why did Satoko look so pissed in this episode when they stopped Takano? Was she already a looper all the way back to the beginning of the first series?
Feb 25, 2021 5:57 PM

Aug 2009
MightyM17 said:
ssjokg said:

You're the one who attacks everyone for having a different opinion or liking Gou, dude.

Sure mate.

@Danpmss
So it all comes down to you having hopes that Gou will make sense, or that some theory will be at least close enough, in 3 episodes and others not having that hope.

I dont care about the history of the WTC fandom and their civil wars about Umineko EP6+. All I know is that I have seen a fiasco cash grab before by a competent author and I very much doubt that Ryuukishi can warp it up.

Same shit, different franchise.

Announce an adaptation.
Promote it as newcomer friendly.
Reveal that it is a type of sequel.
Parts of the show are missing because adapting it from the author's original script was handled badly.
MC acts differently than before but the show has little time to explore that properly.
Author makes interviews giving some small info, some crucial others just trivia.
Important characters are now here to just to fill time.

I DONT want to hate on Gou, I don't even hate it as much as Kira and I don't ever talk about that. I started this and was making my own theories as well but now I just feel betrayed by the author(or anime staff) and doubt this will have an ending that will make all my issues go away. If it does it would be beyond great and can admit that I was wrong.
I just can't imagine that this will happen.

Feb 25, 2021 5:59 PM

Aug 2009
Cruicruise said:
Okay. Maybe you guys could help me clarify one thing. I watched the first Higurashi series a long time ago and had only faint memories of it heading into this one. My question is, why did Satoko look so pissed in this episode when they stopped Takano? Was she already a looper all the way back to the beginning of the first series?
She looked scared because she realized that things are repeating themselves and she will end up in Lucia with Rika.
Feb 25, 2021 5:59 PM

Sep 2020
Danpmss said:
UltimatMax said:

Now even ciconia references are here i is that to make people go watch the manga or play the VN of Ciconia?.

If you want to know what you are missing big time when it comes to the Ciconia tie-in is a reveal LOOOOOONG speculated from old Umineko EP releases and now confirmed and likely tying in some theories regarding character relations:

I can go into further detail on how that tie-in with a main plot point in Ciconia, but that's a huge spoiler.
This needs season 2 and ciconia and umineko s2 as well. So few episodes to wrap everything up.

No satoko got the same powers as rika and looped back to that same time that's why she is so furious because she knew everything that was about to happen before and after that point.
UltimatMaxFeb 25, 2021 6:05 PM
Shiki is the best anime and unique with his style design, you can't change my mind from it
Feb 25, 2021 6:02 PM

Jan 2020
After watching the episode I can only think of four positives that this episode had to offer.

1. The new version of the opening was a really awesome touch and in fact, it's one of my favorite things in all of anime when they slightly change the opening content based off the content of the episode. Featherine looked awesome

2. Featherine. I've only read a tiny bit of the umi manga and that's it so I don't know her but she seems like a really interesting figure that I'm excited to meet when I eventually read the manga. (cause the vn's are too expensive)

3. The conclusion for this episode wasn't all that great as a standalone scene but when considering how uninteresting the actual episode was, that ending was a really unexpected one that made think "oh, it actually got more interesting." I also liked the screams and facial expressions of those around her as Rika and Satoko got crushed. I liked this scene tbh.

4. The brand new ending visuals were really nice and I'm glad it had the same art style as "God's syndrome". The visuals focused on Rika and Satoko for the whole thing with Satoko falling down by herself at the end. Is this a possible hint that she'll die at the end?? Also I like how they including the chandelier fall as a big part of the visuals right after the way the episode concluded. Love the new ending and I think it's great. Sadly, I can't say the same for almost everything else in the episode and I honestly thought this kind of sucked.

I'm hoping it at least manages to find a way to make an interesting conclusion in the next three episodes.

Feb 25, 2021 6:07 PM

Apr 2009
Danpmss said:
UltimatMax said:

? Not really. I don't see how this episode changed anything. Featherine calls Satoko as a bunch of characters from Ciconia so if anything is just confirms Ciconia happens before Umineko and Higurashi (Which given people speculated it was Lambda's origin story is also interesting)

Danpmss said:

That said, the only place I frequent in which I see concentrated hate for Gou is in here, since the very first episode because of the massive troll interview before episode 2, even because people aren't aware that Ryukishi is a trickster writer that will troll you in every opportunity he can during his mysteries, in the most ambiguous ways, be them fair play (Umineko) or not (Higurashi).

Even 4chan of all places are having more productive theorycrafting than in here, which is also the reason I barely touched these threads for a while.

This is absolutely not true, I see people calling out Gou on /a/ all the time. Same with twitter and even discord, the community is very split on it and I don't know people like to pretend it's not.

Feb 25, 2021 6:14 PM

Aug 2009
Didn't we always know that
Feb 25, 2021 6:19 PM

Sep 2020
Jin_uzuki said:
Danpmss said:

? Not really. I don't see how this episode changed anything. Featherine calls Satoko as a bunch of characters from Ciconia so if anything is just confirms Ciconia happens before Umineko and Higurashi (Which given people speculated it was Lambda's origin story is also interesting)

Danpmss said:

This is absolutely not true, I see people calling out Gou on /a/ all the time. Same with twitter and even discord, the community is very split on it and I don't know people like to pretend it's not.
I only watched the OG anime of Higurashi and this one but the moment i started seeing coments in here about umineko was super confused and watched umineko anime + manga, now you are saying that ciconia is before umineko and higurashi i rushed hard the manga of umineko and anime to she the link between both. Now if i want to understand even further the origins of lambda the words featherine said i have to play the VN or manga of ciconia come on.
Feb 25, 2021 6:22 PM

Apr 2009
ssjokg said:

There is no "canon" but how I see it.

UltimatMax said:
Jin_uzuki said:

I only watched the OG anime of Higurashi and this one but the moment i started seeing coments in here about umineko was super confused and watched umineko anime + manga, now you are saying that ciconia is before umineko and higurashi i rushed hard the manga of umineko and anime to she the link between both. Now if i want to understand even further the origins of lambda the words featherine said i have to play the VN or manga of ciconia come on.

<_> We don't know how much Ciconia is involved in this, Featherine mentioned a character and stuff from there but they could be just references or nods. Lambdadelta herself isn't even a character that appears in Higurashi technically and Ciconia isn't even finished anyway.

In short to be honest I wouldn't worry about it too much but no one knows what the hell R07 is doing.

Jin_uzukiFeb 25, 2021 6:28 PM

Feb 25, 2021 6:29 PM

Sep 2020
Jin_uzuki said:
ssjokg said:

There is no "canon" but how I see it.

UltimatMax said:

<_> We don't know how much Ciconia is involved in this, Featherine mentioned a character and stuff from there but they could be just references or nods. Lambdadelta herself isn't even a character that appears in Higurashi technically and Ciconia isn't even finished anyway.

In short to be honest I wouldn't worry about it too much but no one knows what the hell R07 is doing.

i hope it's just references because, there's just a few episodes lefts.

And insert characters from other work "showing them" in the anime makes no sense unless they plan to do anime or to hype for the continuation of cicionia novel
Feb 25, 2021 6:30 PM

May 2020
WHY DOES FEATHERINE LOOK LIKE A LOLI ASJDFJDHF i hate it here
Feb 25, 2021 6:42 PM
Jun 2017
Sakoto is now the one who is on the time loop... And Rika and her will be the major involve in this one. Lets see how this one will end
Feb 25, 2021 6:48 PM

Jul 2008
It's very hard to sympathize with Satoko here, because Rika was looping to avoid her/her friends being brutally murdered, and to survive the month of June.

Satoko is looping to keep Rika by her side in Hinamizawa. She's basically just trying to manipulate her.
Feb 25, 2021 6:50 PM

Jul 2020
great episode.

Satoko can't just learn the lesson. Both of them are selfish in their own way though.

Rika's Idiolect now pisses me off lmao
Feb 25, 2021 6:57 PM
Oct 2013

So basically I was right about everything.
Feb 25, 2021 6:58 PM

Jul 2012
ssjokg said:

@Danpmss
So it all comes down to you having hopes that Gou will make sense, or that some theory will be at least close enough, in 3 episodes and others not having that hope.

I dont care about the history of the WTC fandom and their civil wars about Umineko EP6+. All I know is that I have seen a fiasco cash grab before by a competent author and I very much doubt that Ryuukishi can warp it up.

Same shit, different franchise.

Announce an adaptation.
Promote it as newcomer friendly.
Reveal that it is a type of sequel.
Parts of the show are missing because adapting it from the author's original script was handled badly.
MC acts differently than before but the show has little time to explore that properly.
Author makes interviews giving some small info, some crucial others just trivia.

I DONT want to hate on Gou, I don't even hate it as much as Kira and I don't ever talk about that. I started this and was making my own theories as well but now I just feel betrayed by the author(or anime staff) and doubt this will have an ending that will make all my issues go away. If it does it would be beyond great and can admit that I was wrong.
I just can't imagine that this will happen.

Alright, I'll cut it short since I talk too much as I've been on this fanbase for way too long, so discourses always tend to get as wordy as Ryukishi himself.

1-Announce an adaptation
Correction, announce a new property.

2- Promote it as newcomer friendly.
Correction, promote as "both newcomers and old fans can ENJOY watching it (it was an elaborate troll)" and that it had "subtle differences within its content compared to the original" (which is true, but in the way anyone expected).

3-Reveal that it is a type of sequel.
Correction, it was never outright even marketed as anything else other than a new property from the very start, "Higurashi New". It was part of the surprise and most people got suspicious since EP1, which fortunately didn't reveal much and gave a sign that things may be very different.

4- Parts of the show are missing because adapting it from the author's original script was handled badly.
Ryukishi and the director are working very close together so that nothing essential from the script is missing, in his own words (and he wasn't "telling some lies within the answers" in that one interview). Thus far, the manga missed some stuff from the anime despite being a better adaptation of the visual novel's exposition (K1's narrative in particular), thus being more newcomer friendly), and the Hanyuu scene in episode 2 happened before to be used as a hook announcing this was new yet familiar territory, while in the manga it was done as intended at the end of the arc, which is what I would have preferred personally, but nothing really missing. We have no way to know what was the original script like other than analyzing what we got from the manga and anime, so that's but an assumption.

5- MC acts differently than before but the show has little time to explore that properly.
A few years passed, it's natural that some changes would happen.
This will be long, so I'll put in spoilers:

So, by all mean, do dare argue with me about inconsistencies in their characterization or how they were in any regard redundant and poorly explored, I mostly used elements from their display mutually present in Gou as a standalone by the way, I can number the episodes they happen if I must.

As for how crazy Satoko went with her chandelier brutality, it still is too early to tell, Featherine being in the picture changes everything, I could even go on to call her brainwashed with supernatural power at this point, which is a moral theme in Higanbana when it comes to paybacks, in that case specifically mentally damaged children as well (I guess we already have a Higanbana tie-in, we are only missing Youkais).

6- Author makes interviews giving some small info, some crucial others just trivia.
The crucial info was long theorized upon through the anime's run, they were basically "almost confirmations" he didn't really confirm since "some may be lies" troll author shenanigans. Important characters in there to fill time is very Higurashi. even through clearly depressing scenarios there's always how Ryukishi's rollercoaster storytelling went in there from the start, and this is a Higurashi anime.

It just mean more characterization and heartwarming moments, I myself was never a big fan, but they do help the characters grow on us with their friendship, and it can get specially hurtful when happening after some intensely distrustful plot device from one to another, also from the start and just like in here, which helped with the tension while also at times rising it even more.

If you dislike that, you basically dislike Higurashi. Trivia aside, everything he said could be assumed and was indeed theorized in these last few months, check the backlogs.
Feb 25, 2021 7:01 PM

Dec 2011
Ciconia fans this was for you all along, come pick up your crown.

The new visuals in the OP and ED are everything. I'm so captivated; the lyrics, the art.
I'm riding the high rn I really enjoyed this episode can't even hear the haters.

Gou evolved into its own direction without stepping on anything that was already set up. I want to see more of what they do from here- I can't see it ending with just this season. Satoko is a mentally unwell child with a toxic dependency on Rika. I'm honestly surprised Rika didn't do more to reach her, considering all the insight she's gained through the years, but then again she's been the center of her own world for soo long. People being around her or idolizing her comes naturally. The villagers love her as their miko, and the classmates adopt her as their own. She can't possibly see what's so wrong about it. Without the other club members in the picture and in that awful environment at St. Lucia, there's nothing to really keep them grounded.

Mion is such a light. Her being proactive and having gotten everyone together makes me hope her role inside Gou is even more impactful. The Sonozaki sisters in general - they've particularly hidden Shion and Satoshi from us thus far, and we know how important they are for Satoko.

Wow now I'm thinking back to when Satoko was willing to replace her "nii-nii" altogether with Keiichi. Don't remember the ep #, but the arc with Teppei. She couldn't even say Satoshi's name. Originally it was "aw that's sad but cute," and with the additional context, we know she was that desperate to have someone to cling to. Clearly the poor girl is very lonely and the only stability she's ever had in her life is Rika.

EDIT: Wait I've seen people asking this with genuine sincerity. No you don't have to know Ciconia or Umineko for Gou, just original Higurashi. You shouldn't be made to feel like you're missing out or pressured into playing them. If it inspires you to get into the bigger WTC, that's really great and I'd be happy for you.
CMYKFeb 25, 2021 7:28 PM
Feb 25, 2021 7:10 PM

Aug 2009
1-3
Semantics.
Sorry but playing with words doesn't change anything. This isnt a gameboard.
The fact that he appeared so happy he trolled everyone on the interview after ep2 shows that he intentionally mislead everyone. Changing title and poster... Yeah totally not intentional

The other author said the same for ALL of his adaptations. All of them had huge differences in the end.Others in small parts others in important shit thay should have been in the series.

Not talking about Rika. Satoko is clearly the MC of Gou, just like Rika was the hidden MC in the OG.

Also differently doesn't mean inconsistent. Satoko going psycho isn't my issue. The execution is.

Ooishi not being injected was the total opposite of what people theorized.

And who said I dislike the slice of life moments?

ssjokgFeb 25, 2021 7:41 PM
Feb 25, 2021 7:11 PM

Jul 2012
Jin_uzuki said:

Ciconia cannot happen before Higurashi or Umineko, since it's after WW3 (in which the world almost ended and completely changed, while most of Higurashi and Umineko surround on plot points regarding WW2 just some decades before them. Therefore, it's absolute that this is a retroactive interaction that happen because the Kakeraverse
. Unless you have any further counterarguments that is...?

Danpmss said:

Never said that was the case, so don't put words on my keyboard.

I only said that in here it's where I see the most concentrated distaste and people trying to shut down others as being idiots for liking it with hilarious amounts of cynicism to the point of seeming tsundere in the previous episode threads when it came to Featherine appearance lol

That and the fact this is clearly the most unproductive place for theorycrafting I've seen for Higurashi Gou that I personally frequent, especially because of the amount of anime-onlies from the get-go. Even 4chan with all the hate it gives 07th Expansion as a whole and the sexual non-stop shitposting does a better job as a community speculating than in here. Same with Twitter (despite the word limit) and same with Discord. Where the heck did I ever said people who dislike Gou just as much didn't exist in them, do quote me.
Feb 25, 2021 7:32 PM
Jul 2018
mintiel said:
Maybe I should have read Ciconia before going into this hhhh
you're good

you should read ciconia regardless tho
Feb 25, 2021 7:32 PM

Jul 2008
crowbutts said:

I'm sure it's 100% not what Rika was trying to do, but I think there's just a whole lack of communication between these two and they really need to air things out.

Annoying part of this is that Satoko and Rika did have a huge breakthrough communicating back in Hinamizawa. All Satoko needed to do was ask to have another heart to heart with Rika at like...any time during their first year on campus.
Feb 25, 2021 7:33 PM

Apr 2009
Danpmss said:
Jin_uzuki said:

Ciconia cannot happen before Higurashi or Umineko, since it's after WW3 (in which the world almost ended and completely changed, while most of Higurashi and Umineko surround on plot points regarding WW2 just some decades before them. Therefore, it's absolute that this is a retroactive interaction that happen because the Kakeraverse
. Unless you have any further counterarguments that is...?

lol they are completely different settings in the same extended universes. Or do you think WW3 is going to happen after Higurashi and Umineko or something?

WW3 doesn't matter to Higurashi setting just like Higurashi doesn't matter to Umineko. Bernkastel and Lambdadelta are called voyagers for a reason, they literally traveler from story to story.

Danpmss said:

Never said that was the case, so don't put words on my keyboard.

>that said, the only place I frequent in which I see concentrated hate for Gou is in here,

This is false. Gou gets a lot of concentrate hate everywhere. It's a very divisive product. I see a lot of R07 fans wishing it didn't exist in a lot of places.

I only said that in here it's where I see the most concentrated distaste and people trying to shut down others as being idiots for liking it with hilarious amounts of cynicism to the point of seeming tsundere in the previous episode threads when it came to Featherine appearance lol

Now you are straight up making no sense given you praise 4chan were people are twice as rude and have no problem shitting on other people for liking Gou. You literally get called an idiot or R07 dicksucker or something all the time.

Literally one of the threads on /a/ right now is " I am done with Higurashi." and the first answer is " Secondaries get the rope."

That and the fact this is clearly the most unproductive place for theorycrafting I've seen for Higurashi Gou that I personally frequent,

Honestly who gives a shit? There are like 20 people posting on mal and they mostly post their impressions about the latest episode. Is that bad or something?

especially because of the amount of anime-onlies from the get-go. Even 4chan with all the hate it gives 07th Expansion as a whole and the sexual non-stop shitposting does a better job as a community speculating than in here. Same with Twitter (despite the word limit) and same with Discord.

Need more discussions about Satoko's cunny and Keiichi/Rena or Mion/Keiichi. Or Italianon quality posts???

Where the heck did I ever said people who dislike Gou just as much didn't exist in them, do quote me.

Your post is "that said, the only place I frequent in which I see concentrated hate for Gou is in here," which makes no sense because on /a/ for every person writing OMG DRAGONKNIGHT I KNEEL it's full of people calling out Gou character assassination, shitting on the original and generally insulting other people.

But also who gives a shit? What's the argument even? The opinions of here isn't inherently bad or worse than other places (Except Reddit because it's an echo chamber). A lot of people here don't like Gou. Uuuuuh, so what? Is that even true? Because I see a lot of people also defending it.
Jin_uzukiFeb 25, 2021 7:42 PM

Feb 25, 2021 7:47 PM

Jul 2012
ssjokg said:
1-3
Semantics.
Sorry but playing with words doesn't change anything. This isnt a gameboard.
The fact that he appeared so hapoy he trolled everyone on the interview after ep2 shows that he intentionally mislead everyone.

The other author said the same for ALL of his adaptations. All of them had huge differences in the end.Others in small parts others in important shit thay should have been in the series.

Not talking about Rika. Satoko is clearly the MC of Gou, just like Rika was the hidden MC in the OG.

Also differently doesn't mean inconsistent. Satoko going psycho isn't my issue. The execution is.

Ooishi not being injected was the total opposite of what people theorized.

1 to 3- What are you on about, are you even an Umineko reader?? The entire period of Umineko's release was a game between us the readers and him, and he does this in social media, interviews and blogs even before that, where have you been?

There wasn't a single big announcement or interview from him that didn't play with the fan's speculations in some way troll-y way ever since the Higurashi times (and before that he had his blog posts of which you can find some translations for in here)

Your argument is a non-argument. You dislike that he trolled everyone when that's exactly what he always does and is massively famous for in Japan, even mainstream-wise. That doesn't say shit, his works are a real life gameboard with the readers and he declared that too many times to count. It surprises me you got all the way to the end of Umineko without realizing that and are now complaining about it LMAO

Old fans also started their following getting trolled, surprise surprise, I wonder why you even liked Umineko if that's your stance. From a newcomer perspective, what we got in Gou ever since episode 2 isn't exactly much different from how he did things way back, specially in Umineko, you should be there to see the chaos from both newcomers who skipped higu and old timers who had it all in mind only to get trolled just as much, much like what is happening in here.

And Umineko despite all that aged well in an overview. If you didn't know shit about what I just said and didn't have problems with Umineko, you would definitely not have not knowing about this sort of troll moves in Gou like that interview. Now what, do you hate Umineko and how it was marketed and presented "outside a gameboard"?

4- Strawman fallacy bullshit, you sound like the whiny fans from Square Enix that get shat on for easy money because the story is convoluted for the sake of selling DLC and side games, and proceed to say anyone that does something remotely similar is the same (when this kind of thing has been happening for decades in different fashion on end even when it comes to comic book series and even movies). Ryukishi never even went corporate and stays to this day as a very modest doujin circle with some good contacts from people in the industry that have a lot of respect for him, thus why so many manga and novelizations around for his works, not to mention side projects.

And Higurashi Gou is a long time coming anime that likely didn't even have much resources for production if you really think this is about the money. The gacha game is more about that, and at least has a lot of effort put on it, likely how they are getting the most money for this adaptation costs other than streaming, thanks to some few tie-in collectibles and same artist CGs/cards.

Doesn't matter who you are talking about my point was in justifying the differences consistently. And you had shit for a counterargument other than "who cares, it's different" and I guess "the execution is bad", which you really didn't expand upon at all, do go in further detail considering what I just wrote about how it was executed in the comment before. I would love to discuss about it. It seems nobody in here ever challenged your "know-it-all" arguments properly in here, so I'll do it myself.

That was ALSO theorized upon, but the most prominent theory was the one you mentioned, I'll give you that.

You sure seems to be implying as much though?

That's essentially the entirety of the SoL scenes in Higurashi ever since Onikakushi-hen. All of them are mostly regarding fun moments with friends, which are important characters, that usually amount to nothing at all other than that, a fun comedic break with some ship teasing and fanservice. Sometimes coupled with further characterization like the ones in Tatarigoroshi/Tataridamashi, and that also applies to the ones we got in Gou lately which you seem to dislike.

Where exactly did my deduction go wrong there, if you may?
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

395 by Stinkyanimebrap »»
Mar 19, 9:57 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2021

323 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 14, 2021

317 by Drinzen »»
Feb 20, 1:11 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jan 7, 2021

166 by Drinzen »»
Feb 17, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Gou Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Danpmss - Mar 11, 2021

313 by eblf2013 »»
Dec 13, 2023 5:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.