Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 25, 2021 7:05 AM

Oct 2013
As the top reviewer pointed out, there's a lot of shoddy dialogue that isn't well thought out this season, which is bizarre considering how solid the first season was. On top of that, there seems to be an implicit goal of subtly promoting the author's political views about capitalism built into the writing, which causes a lot of Myne's dialogue and actions to seem out of character.

The story this season should have written itself considering the groundwork that was laid in the first season. What the heck happened? Was it rushed? Too many cooks in the kitchen? What do you think?
Mar 23, 2021 8:14 AM
Oct 2016
Yupz, They rushed it. There are a lot of contents missing compare to LN. like building Mimeograph, Hanger, Diptych, Plant Paper Guild Problem, Ink Workshop conversation ( 3 kinds of Ink instead of 1, and the foreman investigate Myne ) will impact on next story ( Don't know why they remove it though ), Johann / Ingo introduction got simpler ( around 5 seconds ), Karstedt conversation at the last episode with Ferdinand ( have a bit noble culture introduce here in LN like poison testing, but missing in Anime ) and a lot of quite important small conversation got cut off.

However, I think the story on the anime now more focus on human relationship instead of inventing things though. If you want more each details how they made those things and the small conversation, why not try to read LN ? Anime will always skip some things when adopted LN.
May 21, 2021 6:25 AM
Jan 2021
Chiex said:
Yupz, They rushed it. There are a lot of contents missing compare to LN. like building Mimeograph, Hanger, Diptych, Plant Paper Guild Problem, Ink Workshop conversation ( 3 kinds of Ink instead of 1, and the foreman investigate Myne ) will impact on next story ( Don't know why they remove it though ), Johann / Ingo introduction got simpler ( around 5 seconds ), Karstedt conversation at the last episode with Ferdinand ( have a bit noble culture introduce here in LN like poison testing, but missing in Anime ) and a lot of quite important small conversation got cut off.

However, I think the story on the anime now more focus on human relationship instead of inventing things though. If you want more each details how they made those things and the small conversation, why not try to read LN ? Anime will always skip some things when adopted LN.

Then can you plsss tell me what volume should i read of where s2 starts of if the s2 did skip things and if s1 also has skipped things then im gonna start from the first volume.....
Jun 27, 2021 7:44 AM

Apr 2013
I don't think the author is putting any form of political bias in his writing, and if there was one, I don't think that would be pro-capitalism.
To begin with, this is the way economy was working back in the medieval days. There's no reason to not follow it as an example for a story about medieval period. It's not like Myne is in any position to change the way it works either. She's trying to save orphans by teaching them a way to survive despite them being the lowest of the low in status; pretty words aren't going to save them from the harsh reality. Instead, she's making them face the reality but then help them fully to cope with it. It's a case of "I don't have the power to save you if you don't do the necessary efforts to save yourself, but if you do them, count on me to help you through them".

Some of the mismatch in dialogue this season are indeed due to the adaptation having to drop part of the dialogue and failing a bit to re attach the remaining part.
Jun 27, 2021 1:50 PM

Oct 2013
Zefyris said:
I don't think the author is putting any form of political bias in his writing, and if there was one, I don't think that would be pro-capitalism.
To begin with, this is the way economy was working back in the medieval days. There's no reason to not follow it as an example for a story about medieval period. It's not like Myne is in any position to change the way it works either. She's trying to save orphans by teaching them a way to survive despite them being the lowest of the low in status; pretty words aren't going to save them from the harsh reality. Instead, she's making them face the reality but then help them fully to cope with it. It's a case of "I don't have the power to save you if you don't do the necessary efforts to save yourself, but if you do them, count on me to help you through them".

Some of the mismatch in dialogue this season are indeed due to the adaptation having to drop part of the dialogue and failing a bit to re attach the remaining part.

I haven't watched the show in a while so I don't remember everything but the writers definitely took advantage of the audience's trust in Myne's character traits in order to sell certain political beliefs. It is what it is, but she was out of character.
Jun 27, 2021 2:17 PM

Apr 2013
ghoulcustomer said:
Zefyris said:

I haven't watched the show in a while so I don't remember everything but the writers definitely took advantage of the audience's trust in Myne's character traits in order to sell certain political beliefs. It is what it is, but she was out of character.

Certainly not. I've read the novels, and neither Myne nor the author is pushing any political belief.
What you're doing here is pushing your personal feel as facts but I don't think you can bring anything to justify it. What Myne is doing is not out of belief in some politics , and when you follow her internal thoughts it's clear; she's doing it for the sake of the orphans, not because of some political belief. She's not interested in that kind of stuff to begin with, all she cares about is books, but she's benevolent, and wants to save the children, so she has them going with the flow of the way the world around them works.

Clearly to me reproaching the protagonist of having political afterthought when all she's doing is a benevolent help to peoples in need is just seeing hidden intention where all there was was good will.
Especially considering that we see the protagonist's thoughts, so there's no room for any hidden agenda in there.
Myne doesn't act out of character. You're perceiving her as out of character exactly because you've interpreted wrongly her action; the fact that they seem out of character should be a hint for you that you misinterpreted them and went in the wrong direction.
If you don't misinterpret and don't put some kind of agenda behind it, then suddenly Myne is behaving the same as usual.
Which way is correct should be obvious.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2020

92 by wildhood »»
Apr 19, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2020

152 by AnaBanana-chan »»
Mar 29, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2020

90 by Kvistis »»
Feb 19, 3:50 AM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

72 by Kvistis »»
Feb 15, 9:55 PM

Poll: » Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2020

103 by FarCritical »»
Dec 26, 2023 9:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.