Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Post New Reply
Feb 25, 12:35 PM

I don't get how one can say too late when there are still people watching anime from 50 years ago or even people who read literary works from thousands of years ago.
One Piece episode 914 & 915 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation

Feb 25, 12:38 PM

Dont listen to idiots do what you wanna do i say its never to late to start an anime.
and heres a question for you:Do you think when one piece will be over people wont watch it from the start?
Don't fuck up your past it's connected to your future!

Feb 25, 12:42 PM
no!!!
it depends on how fast u watch animes or do u even binge watch episodes.
but even if u r not a fast watcher still it doesnt feel late to me. I'm on episode 234
good luck buddy ;)

Feb 25, 1:03 PM

NO! The series is far from over and there is no time limit so start watching and soon enough you will catch up.
“๐‘ป๐’‰๐’† ๐’•๐’Š๐’„๐’Œ๐’†๐’• ๐’•๐’ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’‡๐’–๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’† ๐’Š๐’” ๐’‚๐’๐’˜๐’‚๐’š๐’” ๐’๐’‘๐’†๐’.” – ๐‘ฝ๐’‚๐’”๐’‰ ๐‘ป๐’‰๐’† ๐‘บ๐’•๐’‚๐’Ž๐’‘๐’†๐’…๐’†
:¨·.·¨:
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€`·. เฆฌเฆพเฆ‚เฆฒเฆพเฆฆเง‡เฆถเง€ โ˜…°*๏พŸ

Feb 25, 1:14 PM

not really a question for op but would somebody who's seen one piece recomended watching in large chunks and taking a break, or maybe 2 or 3 episodes a day

Feb 25, 1:20 PM

It's never too late to start anything if it's good. But the question is why would you want to if it's not good? Read the comments, and you'd find almost unanimously that the anime declines half way in. That's like getting into a relationship knowing it would fail -- slowly. If you do watch One Piece, I recommend you pull up the episode guide and skip all the episodes that sound boring.

https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Episode_Guide

For example, just by a quick glance on the episode guide, you could easily deduce that the only reason the Little Garden arc exists is to introduce the Baroque Works with a bunch of expositional bullshit, so you could just watch episodes 74-76 and skip the rest. The next arc, Drum Island, obviously exists only to introduce Chopper, so you could skip to episodes 83-84, skip the corny sob back story, and finish it off with the final fight scene at 87-90.

One Piece becomes much more passable with you skip all the fluff.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.

Feb 25, 1:25 PM

Conceptualhero said:

Were you watching the episodes for 10 hours/day for 7 days during that month? Did you skip any episodes?

1 episode = 20 minutes
3 episodes = 1 hour
10 hour = 30 episodes
70 hours = 210 episodes

280 hours = 840 episodes

This means you would have to be constantly watching One Piece episodes for 10 hours a day through an entire week to make it to 840 episodes a month, which still come out less than 860. This does not include breaks.

Man, if I watch 10hr a day, then 1 month cover 300hr. You just cut 20 hr. In which I can still watch 60 more episodes. That's 900 episodes. It's already sufficient.
One more thing One Piece episodes doesn't cover 20 min. It's actually cover 15-16 min for main plot. It means

1 episode = 5 min
660 episode = 3300 min
= 55hr.
Now, at least more than 10 episodes are just previous episodes recaps.
So here goes 150 more min. That's 2.5 hrs.
Total 57.5 hours.
Now, Just see you can still save 57.5 hrs.

Feb 25, 1:30 PM

01Wind10 said:
not really a question for op but would somebody who's seen one piece recomended watching in large chunks and taking a break, or maybe 2 or 3 episodes a day

It's better to watch arc by arc with break in between when you feel like. Episodes are short, so they are easy to bing. You just need to skip the fillers, the intro, the recap at the beginning of the episodes and you're good.

Feb 25, 1:33 PM

_grimreaper0_ said:
Conceptualhero said:

Were you watching the episodes for 10 hours/day for 7 days during that month? Did you skip any episodes?

1 episode = 20 minutes
3 episodes = 1 hour
10 hour = 30 episodes
70 hours = 210 episodes

280 hours = 840 episodes

This means you would have to be constantly watching One Piece episodes for 10 hours a day through an entire week to make it to 840 episodes a month, which still come out less than 860. This does not include breaks.

Man, if I watch 10hr a day, then 1 month cover 300hr. You just cut 20 hr. In which I can still watch 60 more episodes. That's 900 episodes. It's already sufficient.
One more thing One Piece episodes doesn't cover 20 min. It's actually cover 15-16 min for main plot. It means

1 episode = 5 min
660 episode = 3300 min
= 55hr.
Total 57.5 hours.

Each episode is 24 minutes. I cut 4 minutes to not include the OP and ED. I guess you just skip around each episode then.
I like dub more than sub because I am not a weeb.

Feb 25, 1:42 PM

Conceptualhero said:

1 episode = 5 min
660 episode = 3300 min
= 55hr.
Total 57.5 hours.

Each episode is 24 minutes. I cut 4 minutes to not include the OP and ED. I guess you just skip around each episode then.[/quote]

That's why I told for actual plot. If you've seen clearly actually I cut 660 eps not 860. For beginning first 200 I've given 20 min,so didn't cut them,just later 660 eps.
Yeah, I calculated keeping in mind it covers 24 min. 4 min OP-ED and 4-5 more min are just recap of previous eps. So story pretty becomes short as you go deeper.

Feb 25, 1:45 PM
No, it's never too late. One piece is a journey you'll never forget. I would recommend watching it or at least reading the manga.

Feb 25, 3:05 PM

Never too late,but go for the manga. And do a favor to yourself and skip Skypiea.

Feb 25, 3:31 PM
Oh its definintly not too late to start it. in fact I would say it's better now because you can binge more of it instead of having to wait a week in between chapters.

Feb 25, 4:39 PM

It's never too late but you should remember to pace yourself when watching. Once you burn out, you'll just procrastinate until you just never watch it.
"Noblesse oblige, I pray for your continuing service as a savior." - Juiz

Feb 25, 5:02 PM
Nope, it’s never to late especially since the anime hasn’t even finished yet

Feb 25, 5:28 PM

to the people saying you watched it all in a month, stop lying lmfao. that means that you literally watched it from the moment you wake up to the moment you sleep, for 30 days straight. unless you're a NEET then that's not even possible.

Feb 25, 8:32 PM
_grimreaper0_ said:
Let me help you, I just binged 860 episodes in 1 months. Now you can calculate from here.

this dude really took watching anime as a full time job

Feb 25, 11:08 PM
Tail On!

Yes, it became illegal to start One Piece after 1999.

Feb 26, 1:21 AM

It's never too late to start watching any anime. If it was, I wouldn't have watched half of what I've watched.

Feb 26, 1:26 AM
Laughing Man

No such thing as too late. Notice that some of the highest rated stuff on this site is decades old. One Piece is still airing.

Feb 26, 2:28 AM

No it is not too late.

The anime is probably going to be running for about 5 more years. The manga will probably be going for about 4 more years. You have plenty of time to catch up and get the week to week experience.

The series is too good to skip out on anyway. I'll tell people to read/watch it even when it's finished.

Just move at your own pace.

Don't take this the wrong way. I noticed that your profile says that you were born in 2006. I was In my mid-teens when I started watching One Piece. That was almost seven years ago now. Your post just made me very nostalgic.

I tell every One Piece Fan that they might eventually have to start reading the Manga. The anime is bloated with filler because they have to move slower than the Manga.

Feb 26, 2:38 AM

01Wind10 said:

Do what you prefer! I would suggest to watch more than 3 episodes a day tho. Almost all arcs are very exciting and interesting so I doubt it's possible to watch so little a day.
Binging OP is the best way to go imo, but don't overdo it. At least 10 episodes seems like a good amount per day.

โธข if you meet your god,
tell him to leave me alone. โธฅ

ใƒ™ใƒซใ‚ปใƒซใ‚ฏ

Feb 26, 3:30 AM
Yes I belive it is too late
There's no way to convince someone to pick up one piece now when they could spend same time enjoying like 10 other shows almost as good as it or even better
The world is mine

Feb 26, 5:20 AM

That doesn't make any sense. By this logic, the really long anime won't ever get new viewers and fans.

You can watch One Piece from episode 1 for the first time with no issues, don't worry about it.

Feb 26, 5:32 AM
Necromancer

No it's never late to start any series whether its long or short, I too started one piece manga a few months back, and I am taking my time to read it peacefully!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Feb 26, 7:49 AM

Will it take awhile to catch up? Definitely. Is it too late? Nope.

The manga is still on-going & as far as I remember, there is no plan for the story to end anytime soon. So, assuming you keep at it, you would be able to catch up eventually. I think it's really just the absurd amount of episodes that are already out that discourage people from picking it up now.

Personally, once I'm caught up with my 'Plan to Watch' list, I intend to get back to One Piece.

Feb 26, 8:34 AM

No!

I'd recommend the manga if you wanna go fast. But the anime is also good

Manga took me 3 months
10-12 chapters a day (1 hour per day)

Anime is gonna take me a year
3-4 episodes a day, skipping fillers

Feb 26, 8:42 AM

It's never too late to start One Piece.

Feb 26, 11:21 AM

nope, i don't think its too late to start. better late than never :)

๐š‘๐šŽ๐šข, ๐šข๐š˜๐šž. ๐š‘๐šŠ๐šŸ๐šŽ ๐šŠ ๐š—๐š’๐šŒ๐šŽ ๐š๐šŠ๐šข <๐Ÿน.
deliveries here.
forum sig blessed by nate

+ card slips here.

Feb 26, 11:54 AM

Nope you can still catch up till the end.

"ไธ–็•Œใฏ็—›ใฟใ‚’็Ÿฅใฃใฆใ„ใ‚‹"

Feb 26, 11:57 AM

You can catch by the time you an adult it will end

Feb 26, 12:00 PM
Forum Monarch

it's never too late. the more you delay it the longer it'll take though, so keep watching.
the manga is way faster to read if you want to catch up quickly, though you'll eventually catch up with the anime too.

Feb 26, 12:02 PM

Its never too late for anything, unless you want to own all the madoka magica blueray's, its too late for that one...
I see dead people

Feb 26, 12:06 PM

no go watch it right now it's awesome i love one piece i love onepiece

Feb 26, 12:11 PM

It's never to late to start One Piece. I started in 2018 and I'm glad I did it.

Actually I think now is one of the best times to start One Piece because it's currently really thrilling

Feb 26, 1:59 PM

if you watch 3 episodes a day you'll be just about caught up by the end of the year :D

Feb 26, 4:49 PM

even with 900 plus episodes if you take out just the op and ed and the intro and the recap you can get through all those episodes in like a couple of months.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]