Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 2021 11:02 AM

Mar 2019
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's beautiful, wholesome and just enjoyable.

I haven't watch the sequel or the other part so far, but I saw this one and wanted to give it a try. Definitely worth the 36 minutes watching this little OVA. I don't know what will happen after this in the sequel but I can imagine there might be some sad moments as well when it comes to the "human vs robot" part which is described here already a little. In some point the little girl with her anger is understandable.

Yumemi is really cute and polite, I bet she is more than just a robot at least when it comes to understanding the feeling of the others. In general the other robots are cute as well ngl...and it's a little sad that the wedding had to be cancelled but at least the boy was honest and brave enough to tell Yumemi.

The ED song is beautiful and watch till the very end, otherwise you might be missing something...

I've heard this one was funded by the fans. Amazing job!

So far I could only find it raw or with Chinese sub. I don't know when the Eng sub will be released.
Feb 24, 2021 2:22 PM

Jan 2018
I already found it with spanish sub so the english one must be out too.
it was a beautifull ova and now I'm gonna watch the rest of planetarian since it's been 5 years and I have already forgotten most of it.
By the way I think it's really best to start with this ova and then watch the rest of it, you are in for for a surprise since the show just keeps getting better and better
abyss_willFeb 24, 2021 2:51 PM
Feb 24, 2021 3:12 PM
Feb 2016
finally i can watch another planetarian even though it's just a prequel...
the story very heartwarming and the ending make me dissapointed because i dont know what happen before they left yumemi-chan
Feb 24, 2021 11:18 PM

Aug 2019
You're beautiful as the day i lost you
Feb 26, 2021 9:02 AM

Nov 2015
was okay i guess a little boring tho 3/5 of enjoyment. i agree it's wholesome BUT i didn't expect the sequel to have such a heart breaking plot... anyway, i give it a pity 7/10 but actually it feels like a 5.

💢

Feb 28, 2021 11:08 AM

May 2015
Solid stuff. Yumemi is cute as always, but honestly I expected more world-ending moments.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 28, 2021 5:19 PM

Feb 2016
This was better than Hoshi no Hito.
その目だれの目?
Mar 2, 2021 4:21 AM

Apr 2019
Lucifrost said:
This was better than Hoshi no Hito.
Agreed, it has better flow because it's linear and not a story told in flashbacks. And despite taking place during peace time, they still manage to mix in bitter-sweet tones such as the financial situation of the planetarium or the anti-robot protests.

What is really needed now is a one-cut-fits-all in linear order using all 3 parts. Down with flashbacks!

Mar 7, 2021 1:48 AM

Dec 2013
dlxuniuniu said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's beautiful, wholesome and just enjoyable.

I haven't watch the sequel or the other part so far, but I saw this one and wanted to give it a try. Definitely worth the 36 minutes watching this little OVA. I don't know what will happen after this in the sequel but I can imagine there might be some sad moments as well when it comes to the "human vs robot" part which is described here already a little. In some point the little girl with her anger is understandable.

Yumemi is really cute and polite, I bet she is more than just a robot at least when it comes to understanding the feeling of the others. In general the other robots are cute as well ngl...and it's a little sad that the wedding had to be cancelled but at least the boy was honest and brave enough to tell Yumemi.

The ED song is beautiful and watch till the very end, otherwise you might be missing something...

I've heard this one was funded by the fans. Amazing job!

So far I could only find it raw or with Chinese sub. I don't know when the Eng sub will be released.

I recommend the sequels, they are beautiful !

A great oav, well done and of course "Gentle Jena" is always moving. Glad to have visited the planetarium again !
What do you think about the planetarium? That beautiful twinkling of eternity that will never fade, no matter when....
Mar 12, 2021 8:23 AM

Sep 2013
Beautiful prequel,it wasn't sad or anything but felt very emotional somehow,really liked it :)
Deep dark fantasies
Mar 13, 2021 3:33 PM

Jan 2018
It has been years since I first read the VN and later watched the ONA/movie and I thought enough time had passed for me to be stronger while watching this. I was not.

An excellent watch for anyone who can find it and I hope going forward we can get more Yumemi stories, there is a lot of time for her to have them from her activation.

10/10 for me, to this day the VN/ONA is one of the few things that has moved me this way and this OVA did the same thing to me.

Now if you excuse me I'm going to cry some more.

Dimmock is a lot like Veal, an acquired taste.
Mar 15, 2021 11:14 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was beautiful, i have seen the 5 episode OVA beforehand and this made me melancholic.
Mar 18, 2021 9:03 PM

Jan 2013
this prequel was surprisingly not-sad...while it may get boring fast if it had happened, a series of just this where its just Yumemi adjusting to her work while understanding the outside world and people (like when she gave the “tour” in the original miniseries) along with her coworkers woulda worked, personally speaking.
nice to see how her glowing barcode ribbon came about
Apr 7, 2021 8:36 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Simple but pretty nice in all its simplicity. Wouldn't call it essential for the overall story but a prequel is a nice touch at least
Apr 7, 2021 8:55 AM
Apr 2021
For the moment I think it's nice, you have to see the rest to judge
May 7, 2021 1:43 AM

Jul 2015
Seeing the past of wholesome Yumemi in this prequel ova makes me actually sad knowing what happens in the future...

Jun 30, 2021 1:58 AM

May 2016
I don't but for a reason I can't hold my tears throughout midway of this ova. 7/10

Beautiful as the previous one.
Aug 9, 2021 12:00 AM
Feb 2020
Conclusion: DAaaaaaaaamn, these bitches gay! good for them.... good for them!
Sep 17, 2021 7:33 PM

Feb 2018
So yeah, this is a the start of the series? I mean before the disaster happened? And also ost is good seem familiar
Oct 14, 2021 5:41 PM

Sep 2012
it never gets old.... still enjoyable... great prequel
Feb 27, 2022 6:10 AM

Jul 2012
Gak modal anjir..
Pake backsound nada ibu pertiwi..
Baru kali ini liat anime sesampah ini..

Trash anime..

Mar 7, 2022 1:57 PM

Dec 2013
I felt content watching this, happy that it got made.
Dec 27, 2022 10:13 AM
Mar 2019
I Love all the Planetarian series.
This is more relaxing, but just as Good.
Oct 20, 2023 2:59 AM

Dec 2022
Really appreciated seeing more of Yumemi's background and relations with her co-workers. I can see now why they were so upset about leaving her in the planetarium when the chemical warfare broke out. Love this series.

Shaded Horizon

Dec 2, 2023 7:50 AM
Dec 2022
Reply to White_Alice
Gak modal anjir..
Baru kali ini liat anime sesampah ini..

Trash anime..
White_Alice said:

@White_Alice FYI aja bang, Irama Lagu Ibu Pertiwi itu juga sama seperti irama salah satu lagu ciptaan Joseph M. Scriven yang diciptakan pada tahun 1855 bisa dicek Wikipedia Lagu Ibu Pertiwi

mungkin Planetarian terinspirasi dari situ juga, who knows, CMIIW

More topics from this board

» Pretty excited for this one

Kajo_Senpai69 - Apr 9, 2020

30 by Ronichko »»
Mar 7, 2022 1:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.