Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 2021 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Jesus Christ, that glowing green fire eye..that's something you don't see everyday. Rice Flower looks like she's ready to take this race to the next level. The main competition I see in this episode is between McQueen and Rice.

It's like Rice is a completely different person compared to the previous episode. Pretty intense stuff. I think Rice deserved that round of praise from everyone.

Feb 22, 2021 7:40 AM

Mar 2019
Rice did it! She deserved the win. She trained so hard for the race and all the effort paid off. She is definitely one of the strongest Musume. I hope one day people will cheer for her instead buhhing her...but it will take some time for sure...

The same race happened back in 1993 where Rice won against McQueen.
Feb 22, 2021 8:12 AM

Apr 2010
Even if those gamblers lost a lot of money it's no reason to make Rice feel bad, she did her best and she won she even broke a record that's something worthy of praise.
Gambling is like racing sometimes you win sometimes you lose even if money is involved.

Anyway that Rice would win was obvious but it was a pretty nice race to watch.
She also got some character development which was nice.
Feb 22, 2021 9:05 AM

Feb 2020
Awesome episode. I'm so happy for Rice!
Feb 22, 2021 9:46 AM

Apr 2014
Is that Rice Shower or Black Rock Shooter?

Congratulations to Rice Shower, she deserves it from her hard training. I hope the day when everyone cheers on her will come soon. And don't have to mind about those crappy people, who think only about money and don't care about anything else. They only watching the horse race just for gambling money.
何それ?意味分かんない
Feb 22, 2021 9:47 AM

Apr 2015
Rice Shower is in The Zone

🌙 Sailor Moon 🌙

Feb 22, 2021 9:54 AM

Jul 2017
Rice Shower's back in the race, NICE! Her target: McQueen and the 3.2km long Spring Tennoushou.

The off-school self-practices in seclusion to surpass McQueen, Rice Shower is desperate to have an edge over McQueen, and it shows, even before Mihono Bourbon's eyes.

No surprise that McQueen's the most popular hotshot in the race, other than Team Canopus's runners...and the fiery soul of death that is Rice Shower that has McQueen feeling the pressure. WHAT AN INTENSE RACE...as if getting marked by a competitor smells like fate, the race going to the Black Sheep once again shows both commitment and discernment in victory and defeat.

*claps* YOU DO A JOB WELL DONE, Rice Shower. The popular gamble still hasn't paid off, TWICE now, and the booed underdog challenger has won another race. Still though, I'd bet for the underdogs for their time to shine as new heroes of the horse race.

Time to move on to bigger things, and focus on more rivals.

What an episode though, the best of Season 2 thus far.
Feb 22, 2021 10:30 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The race was really tense between Rice Shower and McQueen but Rice Shower managed to take the 1st place and even broke a record, it's awesome for her, too bad many people didn't really accept her victory because they wanted to see McQueen winning, but well it was nice to see the girls applauding at the end, now McQueen will have to train more to be sure to be a great opponent for Teio (even though her performances for this race were still very respectable, and the 2nd place is great)
Feb 22, 2021 10:55 AM

Jul 2011
I felt disappointed looking at McQueen losing even before entering the track. All that talk of being strong and be focused in the last few episodes, was almost an empty statement.
I hope next episode isn't again a rehab episode. I'm tired of those.
Now that the deuteragonist lost, I expect to see our protagonist Teio graduating from support.
BlichoBoyFeb 22, 2021 11:02 AM
Feb 22, 2021 12:08 PM

Dec 2013
Rice Shower is too precious, strongest will on all racers, I wish she were the MC instead of Teiou, the tale of a girl fighting to be recognized instead of a born genius who bit more than she could chew.
Feb 22, 2021 2:34 PM

Apr 2015
I totally can't relate to the audience. I get that you want to see someone else win and achieve her dreams, but jeez can't you atleast be a little happy for the girl who did win? It's infuriating... Atleast the horse girls she raced against, including McQueen kept honour to themselves by applauding Rice Shower for her victory. That was a nice gesture.

Kudos to Rice Shower though. She worked incredibly hard to achieve this win and beat McQueen fair and square.
The aura she gave off was insane!
Feb 22, 2021 2:38 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
Dude.....DUDE WHAT A GREAT EPISODE.
Had my hype to start to the ending, it will be for me probably the best episode in this week.
lucio54Jan 3, 2023 11:54 AM
Feb 22, 2021 2:55 PM

Jun 2016
Rice won! (although I like Teio and McQueen more) she deserve more hugs! she's so cute and sweet! ^_^
Feb 22, 2021 3:06 PM
Oct 2013
Intense episode, as intense as the real race!

Feb 22, 2021 3:12 PM

May 2018
HELL YEAH RICE SHOWER!
Congrats on that splendid win. What a tense race.
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Feb 22, 2021 3:34 PM

Oct 2020
Disappointed McQueen didn't win but congratulation Rice Shower, you earned it girl and a record no less. Honestly, absolutely livid at the audience response to Rice’s victory. In no way can they claim to be real fans of racing or any of the horse girls. Nice show of sportsmanship from McQueen.
ArkaisenFeb 22, 2021 3:38 PM

Feb 22, 2021 5:37 PM

Feb 2017
Rice deserved that win !
I love mcqueen and also wanted her to win but... she wasn't to aware of how much seriously rice was taking the race
Feb 22, 2021 6:58 PM

Jan 2020
I don't like Rice and I didn't want her to win but oh well.. :(
Poor Mcqueen.

The fact that I'm feeling these emotions in the first place speak positively regarding the season and how the directing/writing is able to make some people cheer for certain characters while others don't and I find it very interesting. This episode was great like how the previous episodes have been and although I wanted mcqueen to win, congrats to Rice Shower. It was a nice match

Feb 22, 2021 7:25 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Rice Shower became Sans, I couldn’t help but laugh a bit lol, jokes aside it was an unexpected change in character and it was a welcome change, she wanted to win so she did what she had to do to get there. I also like how some people have pointed out how similar it was to the irl race, cool stuff.

I’ll be one of the few to say I can understand why the fans are upset, everyone wants to see their favorite horse girl win, even the one loli horse girl, especially if they’re on a streak, but as Bourbon was saying Rice needs to give it some time and the boos will eventually become cheering as she builds more of a name for herself. Also really liked the bit at the end where Teiou listened in on McQueen and Dictus’ conversation, really nice and cute lol.
Feb 22, 2021 9:01 PM

Oct 2013
Hyrulia said:

Dude, thanks for the video. That's was a good race.

But man fuck that audience, rice Showers the best. She needs to just become the CM Punk of heels, I like underdogs like her and how can she not have a following and everyone see how awesome she is when she's beating all the top people!

Rice Shower lookin like GS and the rest of the girls are just goblins!

Well after that awesome race I got a horse girl half chub.....off to nhentai and don't forget the horse tag baby!

Feb 22, 2021 9:03 PM
Sep 2019
Great episode. Rice break the record, the race between McQueen and Rice was epic af. I hope people will cheer on rice instead of being disappointed.
Feb 22, 2021 9:03 PM

Dec 2016
Rice Shower looked like an absolute badass with that aura and glow in her eye.

Really do feel sorry for her that the crowd doesn't appreciate what she has accomplished.

Thankfully she has great friends to cheer her on.
Feb 22, 2021 9:11 PM

Sep 2012
she went so hard and turned into black rock shooter
Feb 22, 2021 9:36 PM
Oct 2018
Close race of Mc Queen and Rice Shower.i think she not Disappointment
Mc Queen.She very Happy to Race and the next race of Tokai Teio and Rice Shower and Also Mc Queen too.
Feb 22, 2021 11:31 PM

Sep 2019
Rice worked really hard for this race, it was a well deserved win but I still felt bad for McQueen. I loved Rice's eyes in this episode, they were bursting with determination.

Omedetou Shinji Rice.
Feb 22, 2021 11:56 PM

Oct 2017
Rice Shower did it, she beat McQueen and won. We have a new best girl, I freaking love Rice Shower. She worked really hard and deserved it. Shame on McQueen fans for booing her. McQueen just wasn't good enough to win.
Feb 23, 2021 1:25 AM

Aug 2019

I think my brain is just corrupted by AOT because when this scene first played I instantly just thought of a titan shifter transforming, but holy hell that aura Rice was giving off was on some DBZ levels; would’ve been surprised if she lost after all that training
snowykevinFeb 23, 2021 1:39 AM
Feb 23, 2021 3:26 AM

Feb 2014
That race was really epic! Rice Shower trained her butt off day and night, almost non-stop in preparation for the Spring Tennoushou and you can tell from the Black Rock Shooter vibe she was giving off that she meant business.

The race itself was very close between Rice Shower and McQueen until Rice overheard one dumbass in the crowd shouting out his annoyance of her, which only spurred her on even more, proclaiming "I'm a hero!" before leaving McQueen in her dust.

The crowd reception was to be expected, once again a lot of crowd feeling hurt after their "potential" bet on McQueen failed, but the rest of the horse girls on the track applauded her.

Bourbon congratulated Rice later on which made for another great scene. Rice was still upset at the initial crowd reaction, but Bourbon's words were absolutely spot on. Soon enough, Rice will win over the crowd, more so since she did set a new record at this race.

McQueen did handle the defeat really well and she reflected on what caused her to lose and how she'll try harder to win once more. All in all, this episode sums up why I like this underrated series a lot. =3
Feb 23, 2021 6:07 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Outstanding performance from Rice at those intense 3500 meter long race, once again showed to me how cruelty of the competition was real. The determination was on point from her, awakening such a heavy pressure for McQueen, even until the last second. Its too late, she couldn't detect it, and bam! Its over. Then its for sure that Rice did everything to took down peoples dream, once again, at McQueen's streak domain. However, its understandable. Thats the balance, a fairness, of the true race, a spirit to compete, and thats why the horse girls race never chase to amaze me how unpredictable and impressive their races were.

Since the game already announced, i am looking forward to see the same hype over it. Tho, i may don't own it in the near time right now. Lol. So, yeah, congratulations to the black assassin, Bourbon's hero. Then for McQueen, cheering up, girl! There were always a race to got a win after those miserable time!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 23, 2021 10:20 AM

Jan 2013
Amazing episode. Rice deserved that. Best race of this season so far

For those wondering the reason of Rice's black rock shooter eyes aesthetic, probably it's based on this CM

Feb 23, 2021 1:51 PM

Sep 2011
What an amazing race, probably one of the best in the entire series. Really loved the visual effects they used. Fuck the audience though.
Feb 23, 2021 7:21 PM

Oct 2008
for me this is the best episode! KUDOS AND CHEERS TO THE BLACK ASSASSIN RICE SHOWER!!! AAAWWOOOO!!!!!!!
5/5!

Feb 24, 2021 12:17 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
What a great episode. The races are always so intense, but this one was so filled with tension because McQueen was clearly rattled.

I'm so happy for Rice Shower. She worked so hard and despite all the people wanting her to fail, she perservered and won anyway. I really hate the fact no one cheered for her. At least McQueen was classy and applauded her record breaking race.

I have to say, I think Rice is now my favorite. She's treated so unfairly and deserves to be cheered on. I hope she continues to win and garners a fanbase of her own.
Feb 24, 2021 1:23 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
Lol, it seems like Yuru Camp has infected Uma Musume 😄

Not that i’m complaining 😋
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Feb 28, 2021 2:50 AM

Sep 2016
holy fucking shit hoooooooooooooow is this season so freakin awesome I'm STILL dumbfounded.
Objectivity doesn't exist. Subjectivity is an excuse. Beautiful world of online discourse.

Mar 1, 2021 11:55 PM

Mar 2009
Poor Rice Shower. She doesn't deserve this. Cheer for her dammit!
Mar 3, 2021 10:23 PM

Mar 2008
Who keeps chopping onions at the end of all these races. That crowd reaction was horrible. You personify these characters into cute anime girls and all of a sudden it feels so so bad for them to get boo'ed off the stage. Absolutely terrible, she did not deserve that after setting a new record.
Mar 5, 2021 8:44 PM

Nov 2009
Hyrulia said:

Except ppls cheered for Rice Shower at the end IRL... whereas the anime boo'd.

Also, that "Unleashing the power in my eye" LUL
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Mar 10, 2021 11:38 AM

Sep 2016
This episode near damn broke my heart
What an emotional roller coaster, from start to finish.

The determination from Rice, and McQueen too. But like McQueen said, Rice was more determined to win, and she damn well deserved what she got this episode (Rice i mean), with the glaring exception of what the crowd gave her

That girl deserves some awesome praise. Tbh her and Bourbon are my favourite characters in this show right now, this episode solidified it for me.

That damn "I'm not a heel, I'm a hero" line nearly brought me to tears dammit.

300th pun
xchyssa said:
You got some nice viewpoint there, I always know I can't fool you with my sharpest tagging skills

Mar 21, 2021 3:01 PM

Nov 2016
Rice entered Zone lol That was badass

Best episode so far.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 30, 2021 1:26 PM

Jan 2015
GOD DAMN, what an amazing episode holy fuck. Rice Shower is fantastic. This episode is on par was last season’s Silent Suzuka’s injury episode
Apr 11, 2021 3:23 AM
Jan 2016
Dark horse : rice shower
Jun 1, 2021 2:15 PM

Jul 2015
Got shivers seeing Rice shower with the glow of the hero, glad she won there even though its still kinda sad that most of the audience booed her, well at least a few congratulated her.

Jul 2, 2021 8:22 AM

Jan 2017
Sooner or later the crowd will be cheering for Rice Showers instead of the booing, I mean look how CUTE SHE IS compared to Mcqueen lmao (Her outfit too)
Jan 2, 2022 5:46 AM

Sep 2018
Yet another race that literally leaves you glued to the screen, the anxiety for the results is palpable as well as the involvement for the unfolding of the horse race. In the end the result is not so unexpected, once again there was a sort of warning about who could be the winner, but it is nice to see that all the characters in the race played it equally, especially for the Canopus team, always present in all episodes, they are now at home as much as the members of the Spica team. Another episode of growth for the characters and a moral lesson for those who watch the episode.
Mar 4, 2022 7:23 AM

Apr 2011
Deym. Rice turned into black rock shooter. lol

Her training really paid off. I wasn't gonna watch this after watching a few anime shows, but I end up glued in my monitor seeing how much growth she got. And the result was an intense race that lead her to victory. Screw those who boo'd her. At least the other horse girls including McQueen gave her an applause. She was amazing.

What a great episode.
Feb 13, 2023 9:20 AM

Feb 2022
BEST EPISODE YET!
and i have officially chosen a horse waifu myself, none other than: 

best girl in the show
                                                    slice of life anime, my beloved.

2D>>>>>>
Jul 7, 2023 6:56 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
The thing I don't quite buy is those booing Rice Shower in the audience.... I'd think that they'd be more likely to sh*t on the one they were rooting for for not performing better, rather than sh*tting on the winner for, well, winning.

No matter though, Rice Shower activated her NOS and dusted everyone. And I like how even though she has overcome the jeers of the audience calling her a heel and such, she still takes it with absolute sportsmanship and leaves with a bow, with at least the ones she was racing alongside giving her the applause she deserved. And just to make it a little more real, she is confronted by Bourbon in the tunnels, who she then tells her about how it still hurts so much to be booed. She hasn't completely gotten over it yet, and that's how it'd be normally. Bourbon then comforts her and calls her her hero once moce.

Feels a little awkward to shift the focus from our main lead Teio onto this new character for a bit, but it's totally fine. Ended up really liking this little Rice Shower arc. It may even still be going on, or maybe perhaps we will turn back to focus on Teio by the next episode.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Sep 23, 2023 11:32 PM

Feb 2021
Why is no one talking about this awesome change in the OP damn. The animation!

The best episode this season so far. I'm actually contemplating whether Teio or Rice Shower is best girl now.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Season 2 Episode 2 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jan 11, 2021

49 by Kira_yoshikage04 »»
Mar 24, 12:55 AM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2021

59 by itsmepee »»
Mar 12, 11:03 AM

» The hairdresser is underappreciated

Allsaints112 - Feb 2

3 by AntiSadboi »»
Feb 2, 10:18 PM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Season 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jan 4, 2021

69 by Th0rAxe »»
Jan 7, 5:53 AM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Season 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2021

96 by moxxipoxxi »»
Dec 29, 2023 1:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.