Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 2021 12:35 AM

Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy hell. I can't believe I even gave this series even 15 min worth of my time. This has to be the worst itteration of Getter Robo I have ever seen. The character models and art are just typical punk style spiky hair replica's of each other, no distinc or abstract designs anywhere, the voice acting is terrible, the action sequences look like something from the 70's yet this anime is from the 90's? Episode 1 does not provide any sort of world building or set up to the story and it seems like like they took every early 70's trope of super robot mecha shows and gave it a new coat of paint accept that coat of paint is drying up.

Believe me I have a pretty high tolerence when it comes to vintage or classic anime as im a anime veteren of the classics. I have seen quite a bit and I am a big fan of the mid to late 70's presumebly with some amazing legends as Leiji matsumoto, Takahata, Tomino and Go nagai but this being from the 90's i expected far more.

Its no wonder any fansubbing group ever took the time or wasted resources to even attempt to try and translate this atrocious garbage. About the only thing I loved about it was the catchy 80's j-pop and rock music used in the opening and Ending segments but as far as I am concerned thats where the enjoyment begins and ends.

Absolute waste of my time, DROPPED!!

More topics from this board

» Where

jyagan0 - Mar 31, 2015

3 by Retro_Chocolate »»
Sep 3, 2017 7:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.