Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 21, 2021 11:36 AM
Feb 2016
I forgot how much better AOT was without Gabi's constant screaming and her being so goddamn annoying with her ideals, and this episode seriously didn't make me thing any better of her in the slightest. We traded Sasha for this annoying bitch, man Isayama wtf were you thinking when you created Gabi!?!?

Alas, it was nice to see some past characters that our main ones saved 4 years ago as well. Really does expand the AOT world and how others have been changed or affected because of our heroes actions.

And it looks like Marley will launch a counterattack on Paradis soon, after learning that Zeke betrayed them. Man, I can't wait to see what happens next when Eren and Zeke meet again. Shit's gonna be wild
Feb 21, 2021 11:43 AM
Jul 2018
imbAF said:
VsauceDealer said:

i will watch it however i want to watch it, LMAO
yeah i know, this is the result of never having read a book in your life. Fact : The average japanese person reads nearly 82 books in 2 years.

82 books in 2 years? WOW! But are mangas considered books ?
Feb 21, 2021 11:44 AM
Nov 2014
gabi got taken in by the blouse family, this is the beginning of her redemption arc. kaya is a nice girl, i feel bad for her mom. marley did alot of bad things, it's hard to sympathize with them despite eren's invasion on liberio killing innocents.

floch is GOAT! from the preview it looks like we are getting

Feb 21, 2021 11:49 AM

Apr 2014
The episodes just keep getting better, this is by far the best episode yet by following the manga to pretty much a T and the VA was top notch. You could feel the emotion within the characters develop so much more than before. I hope Hange stays stable enough through the hard times she's been going through these past few episodes :(
The horse scene was a great bonding experience between Gabi and Falco ♥
Feb 21, 2021 11:49 AM

Jan 2017
Falco, Gabi, and Kaya moment in the house was so good. Whoever was working on the backgrounds did an amazing job.
Feb 21, 2021 11:53 AM
Jul 2018
expired_0 said:
This whole story is just a loop of hatred and accusation. There's always someone who will hate eachother and there is no right way to stop this hatred, even if everyone manages to get along, more hatred will be born for the sole reason of something else existing. There is no way to stop it.
There is one way. You will know soon enough MUHAHAHAHAHA
Feb 21, 2021 11:57 AM

Jun 2019
That episode was pretty intense.

Seeing all of the poetic consequences for Mikasa and Sasha saving people in earlier seasons adds to the themes of this season even more. The girl Mikasa saved believes violence is the answer because Mikasa saved her by killing a titan, while the girl Sasha saved believes in kindness because Sasha saved her by distracting the titan even though she couldn’t kill it.

Gabi coming face-to-face with her brainwashing is huge and makes me even more excited for the next episode.
Feb 21, 2021 12:00 PM
Councilor

Apr 2017
The girl who saved by Sasha and the one who killed her, together. WHEW. Cruel world sure knows how to throw those curve balls. Emotions are high this episode.

Even if Sasha's dead, those who she helped and leave her presence in their memories will live on. Sasha will continue to live on through Kaya.

Her fighting spirit and resolve was immensely inspirational, and definitely left an impression.
ChaduosFeb 21, 2021 12:04 PM
Feb 21, 2021 12:03 PM

Sep 2020
🍁🍁Every episode of Attack on Titan feel like 5 min episode🍁🍁

Great episode as usual...
And man Falco is such a good boy on the other hand Gabi is totally opposite , although I have to say the VA are doing a great job.
Feb 21, 2021 12:05 PM

Jan 2013
Taltibalti said:

I haven't watched it subbed yet but did they include the part where they find out the new odm gear is made from marleyan technology? Does it also include them talking about Piecks suspicion of Zeke over the course of 4 years? Or do they only talk about the missing head?

Okay the odm gear bit is fair enough but they could have gotten Marley technology in any number of ways that don't involve Zeke. Don't recall Pieck saying anything like that but I do remember now her mentioning a few episodes ago that she recognized Yelena as a Zeke loyalist so I guess that's something. If it's THAT obvious that Yelena would be working for Zeke then okay, them figuring it out isn't too unreasonable. Still seems overly convenient that they would send her specifically to trap the shifters if she's been around Pieck enough to the point of Pieck knowing her relationship with Zeke and obviously knowing she would have gone missing 3 years ago. If she gets recognized then she's obviously a traitor and then Zeke is obviously a traitor and the entire plan is fucked.

Regardless I don't like how they state these things as a plain fact even though there should still be a degree of uncertainty there. Like with Zeke's body they could have easily taken it to steal the Beast titan powers. And maybe the soldiers were captured and defected but have nothing to do with Zeke. They're just taking Pieck's word for everything. What if she's the traitor? I mean come on, show some degree of skepticism even if you're gonna go along with the invasion anyway.
Feb 21, 2021 12:05 PM

Dec 2020
this episode was amazing
kaya’s finally back!!
i will always hate gabi.
i’m starting to like falco more

i’m really happy so far with how this season is turning out!!!
next episode gonna be great!!
"give up on your dream and die" -levi ackermann
Feb 21, 2021 12:07 PM
Jan 2021
Dude, AOT is so good! The lesson that this episode tries to teach, should be understood from anyone. That discussion between Gabi and Kaya is insane!
Feb 21, 2021 12:09 PM

Oct 2016
Holy shit gabi, her ignorance and annoying just in different level of universe can understand that. whosoever says she's like eren, they have different brain level like her aswell.
Aside that, mappa really adapted this episode really well.
Can't wait to see chad yeager next week.
YES
Feb 21, 2021 12:09 PM
Oct 2020
Great episode. Brainwashed Gabi is having a hard time understanding that not all "island devils" are actually devils. It seems she is slowly starting to understand that. It's amazing how Sasha saved the girl who is trying to help Gabi and Gabi killed Sasha. Colt is much more open minded and I wonder what will happen if Gabi and Colt meet the other Marleyans.
Feb 21, 2021 12:16 PM

Jan 2019
Skipped every Gabi scene and episode ended. LOL

It was more OK reading this in manga but in anime adaptation, its a lot forced.

Looking for better series than Re:Zero
Feb 21, 2021 12:27 PM

Oct 2020
Enrav1x said:
Great episode but i don't get how falco is more mature than gabi(i believe they are almost same age), unless she is brain washed so hard that she can't think anymore. Yeah it's frustrating to watch now but i have faith that payoff will be good.
Falco was actually exposed to Eren's struggles. It's easier for him to understand.
Feb 21, 2021 12:28 PM

Oct 2019
petterson_ said:
Great episode. Gabi's voice actor is amazing. Horse scene was even funnier than it was in the manga.
Time for
next episode!

cant wait for that one
Feb 21, 2021 12:40 PM

Nov 2016
A few weeks ago I was saying that Isayma did Sasha dirty. I didn't really mean that and now I can finally take it back. In hindsight I actually like what he did here. Once again he connected subplots to develop characters and themes. Previous actions also received more significance.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 21, 2021 12:45 PM
Aug 2020
Lol that scene where the horse bit Gabi's head was fucking hilarious!

Speaking of Gabi, I actually like this development with her and Falco being taken in by the family of the person that she killed. I thought that she would just be another boring character at the start of this season, but she's actually very interesting and becoming one of my favorite characters. The amount of hate that she's getting is ridiculous to me. I know, she killed Potato Girl, but it seems that there's more to her than just that. A lot of you will disagree with this, but I think she would've made a much more interesting protagonist than Eren.

It's also worth noting that this is the first episode of this season that I actually enjoyed. I'm actually kinda looking forward to what happens next.
Feb 21, 2021 12:54 PM
Jul 2018
YEAH THAT'S RIGHT GABI SHUT UP ABOUT ALL THAT DEVIL NONSENSE, GET PUT IN YOUR PLACE!

Haha that was really refreshing and satisfying to see Gabi literally get put in her place by the girl Sasha saved, it was really sad to she her mourning about the death of her mother, but she is so strong being able to put that all aside and be more like her idol. Amazing. Why can't Gabi be more like my boy Falco >:(

We also find out who that Historia looking blond-haired girl was from a couple episodes back.

Feb 21, 2021 12:58 PM

Aug 2020
Voice Actors killing it! a lot of emotion this episode and I'm lovin' it.

Another episode, Another piece of wood to toss into the fire that is me despising gabi's existence..
clannad is the greatest piece of fiction to ever exist.
Feb 21, 2021 1:01 PM

May 2019
Enrav1x said:
Great episode but i don't get how falco is more mature than gabi(i believe they are almost same age), unless she is brain washed so hard that she can't think anymore. Yeah it's frustrating to watch now but i have faith that payoff will be good.

I don't know,aside from Falco being a wise guy,it can be due to the fact that his uncle was one of the Eldian restorationists(who came to Eren's dad in S3P2 for help),and hence he knows both sides of the story.Also he heard Reiner apologizing to Eren in ep5.

That said Gabi is such a bitch and author did a great job at bubbling the heat for her.I am sure we will get our payoffs
Feb 21, 2021 1:02 PM

Feb 2021
Great episode; adapted the manga chapters very well. With the current pacing it seems that the leaks regarding this season ending at ch 116 may be true, and I would be very happy if they are.

denseuniversea said:
Great episode. Brainwashed Gabi is having a hard time understanding that not all "island devils" are actually devils. It seems she is slowly starting to understand that. It's amazing how Sasha saved the girl who is trying to help Gabi and Gabi killed Sasha. Colt is much more open minded and I wonder what will happen if Gabi and Colt meet the other Marleyans.

I think you meant Falco, not Colt. Colt is Falco's older brother who is still on Marley, preparing for an attack on Paradis alongside the other 'warriors.'
Feb 21, 2021 1:02 PM

Jul 2015
Man, I've been watching anime for years but I've never seen an annoying character like Gabi that makes me this angry.
Feb 21, 2021 1:06 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I mean I understand that it's pretty much her whole world view at stake and all, but it's kinda hard to get behind Gabi here lol. She's being kind of annoying but it should be a valuable lesson for her in the end
Feb 21, 2021 1:10 PM

Jun 2015
Sasha's wound opened again. Why? T-T
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Feb 21, 2021 1:10 PM
Oct 2019
Gabi has totally lost it. Gabi and Falco are staying at the stables of Sasha her dad, But he doesn't know that Gabi is the one who killed his daughter. We see the little girl Sasha rescued return. The orphans are going to eat Niccolo his food while he is still sad about Sasha her death. Zeke has been exposed and Marley is planning to attack Paradise Island asap.
Life is not daijoubu
Feb 21, 2021 1:12 PM

Jul 2020
Finally someone shut Gabi up. That stupid thinking is the same Eren had when killing innocent people. Both ex-nice characters
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Check my latest web novel on Our Greatest Comeback🦊⛩️ and please drop a like or comment if you liked it!
Feb 21, 2021 1:14 PM
May 2017
People love to turn off their brain, they want to be spoon feeded, ffs use your brain, the writer doesn't have the time to explain obvious things he have more important things to show, why would they put big security on 2 fucking normal childrens, 1 guard is enough, and I don't even think that was a prison,
I love this ep because it gives meaning to sasha's death and the next eps will do so, the backgrounds are a blessing this ep.
Feb 21, 2021 1:16 PM
May 2017
Also you should be smart enough to know that:
ANNOYING CHARACTER DOESN'T MEAN BAD CHARACTER.
gabi is one of the most well written characters in aot, isayama tells alot of lessons through her.
Feb 21, 2021 1:16 PM

Jul 2012
Zeke bamboozling everyone.
Feb 21, 2021 1:19 PM
Oct 2017
Please, someone spoil it for me. Does Gabi die at some point? I can't stand seeing and hearing her every episode.
Feb 21, 2021 1:20 PM

Aug 2019
Niveen_Sleem said:
Sasha's wound opened again. Why? T-T

It's quite refreshing to see something like Sasha's death be used for something other than shock value in a series. Ironically, her death could actually be the key to undoing Gabi's flimsy, parroted world-view and changing her when Falco's words alone couldn't.

Seeing Kaya also unknowingly use Sasha's death as inspiration to help the very person that killed her, is just depressing. You just know this is going to go down at some point.

It's great writing.
Feb 21, 2021 1:22 PM

Dec 2020
very emotional episode to be honest. gabi and falco were practically given salvation from the people they see as devils. gabi is so close to the truth, i hope she sees it soon, i hope she realizes these “island devils” have done nothing wrong to be treated like this. loved the episode, very interesting to see how their different point of views clashed. seems like something interesting will be happening next episode, i’m looking forward to it.
it's not just a phase, mom!
Feb 21, 2021 1:25 PM

Nov 2019
Please i want more of Gabi realizing that people from Paradis aren't that bad}
This was soooo good

May 2018
Floch finally shows us that he is an alpha chad!

ngl all the Gabi scenes were tough to watch

Aug 2019
Reiner_undieable said:
People love to turn off their brain, they want to be spoon feeded, ffs use your brain, the writer doesn't have the time to explain obvious things he have more important things to show, why would they put big security on 2 fucking normal childrens, 1 guard is enough, and I don't even think that was a prison,
I love this ep because it gives meaning to sasha's death and the next eps will do so, the backgrounds are a blessing this ep.

To be fair, they were just kids, but they were also trained Marleyan soldiers, so it would have benefitted them to have tighter security. Mikasa acknowledged this much a couple of episodes ago. It was definitely a prison as well.

However, how they escaped from the prison wasn't really all that important in the grand scheme of the story, so it's fine.
Jul 2018
Wasn't a fan of last episode but this one is a contender for my favorite of the season. Gabi had the spotlight, and the argument between her and the blonde girl is close behind the colossal titan introduction in ep 7 as my favorite scene of the season. I love how they are both connected through sasha, with one being saved by her and the other dealing the killing blow. Gabi is finally confronted about her views on the eldians and it is very satisfying to watch, this is coming from someone who loved Gabi before this as well. Great episode all around, for the first time since early this season it feels like things further down the road are being built up slowly.
5/5
Feb 21, 2021 1:28 PM
Jan 2021
I hope Gabi gets the twelfth circle of hell.
Feb 21, 2021 1:32 PM

Apr 2013
My only complaint after rewatching was Omine’s directional decision to cut important dialogue in Hange’s and Floch’s conversation after Floch refers once again to the New Eldian Empire.

Hange “You mean the nation of Eldia. And this victory of ours has given every army in the world the most pressing reason possible to combine their forces to attack our tiny little island. Does that not endanger our right to live?”

Flochad “It does if we can’t shake the earth. We never could have survived without power in the first place. Not on this tiny island.”

Flochad deserves all his lines to be adapted

Feb 21, 2021 1:32 PM
Apr 2016
I feel so sorry for Falco... Why did he fell in love with that thing?
I hope he doesn't end up like her at some point
Feb 21, 2021 1:34 PM

Jul 2019
This was quite fine. Falco and Gabi are both very interesting characters, and although gabi is annoying as hell, its pretty obvious on purpose, so i dont mind it yet although i do hope she gets some good development (I did think that them getting out of prison by just killing one guard and the fact that the girl they found just happen to be saved by sasha, who gabi killed, to be pretty stupid and convenient ahah).
Hange was also quite good this time around, i just liked her way of thinking and how she is kinda getting depressed by all this stress people are putting on her, it felt realistic.
In terms of visuals it was once again very well made. Some far away shots were kinda questionable, but far aways shots are always difficult to draw, so its understandble considering the rest of the episode has some very strong drawings. The direction on the other hand was actually top notch, probably one of, if not the best episode in terms of direction, great job by Omine and the staff, hope for god people dont harass him this time.
Feb 21, 2021 1:38 PM

Apr 2013
Falco and Gabi end up with Sasha's family, ironic.
Damn Marley was effective fucking up Gabi's brain with the whole Eldian history... i wonder if their time with Sasha's family changed a thing in Gabi's view of the "Island Devils".

When Kaya told Falco and Gabi how she was rescued by Sasha with the Flashback it gave me slight shivers... and then she tells them she wants to become like Sasha
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Feb 21, 2021 1:42 PM

Oct 2018
Another awful episode, Jesus Christ. Is it going to get better or it'll all go downhill from here on?

Gabi is easily the most annoying character that I have ever seen in a fictional work.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Feb 21, 2021 1:43 PM

Sep 2020
I've actually seen people call this filler and this applies to every episode that ain't action lmao

Edit: Also seeing people calling this awful as if these types of episodes aren't needed for character development and plot progression...
Feb 21, 2021 1:44 PM

Nov 2020
In this episode we saw a lot of Gabi and Falco and I like it. After this episode I'm convinced that Gabi's role is to be hated. Isayama has made Gabi an amazing and realistic character, but that can't stop me from hating her.
Man, listen to them tear into me. Good thing I'm used to it.

Feb 21, 2021 1:48 PM
Jan 2019
Nefelupitou said:
Another awful episode, Jesus Christ. Is it going to get better or it'll all go downhill from here on?

Gabi is easily the most annoying character that I have ever seen in a fictional work.
You in the minority.
Feb 21, 2021 1:49 PM
Jan 2021
Gabi ( the person who killed Sasha) meets the kid Sasha saved.
Feb 21, 2021 1:50 PM

Oct 2018
KillerCrocX said:
Nefelupitou said:

You in the minority.

Hmm... okay
Anything else?

See you.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Feb 21, 2021 1:53 PM

Jun 2020
Great job to MAPPA. The landscapes looked beautiful
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

18 by belugaanime »»
Apr 19, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 10, 2021

986 by Jasmin061011 »»
Apr 2, 8:12 AM

» Falco and Gabi…

Arddaa52 - Jul 25, 2021

20 by Adrena »»
Mar 27, 6:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.