Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Horimiya
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Feb 20, 2021 2:26 PM
Dec 2019
Perfect way to ruin the anime. The pacing was too fast. They ruined the essence of the show. Still hope something better is coming
Feb 20, 2021 2:28 PM
Oct 2016
i am officially forming the max protecc Yuk squad who wants to join?

Feb 20, 2021 2:35 PM

Sep 2019
wait what?! Did they really just do it?
I was not expecting that to happen lol

"俺は海賊王になる男だ!!!"
Feb 20, 2021 2:38 PM

Feb 2015
Considering this is classed as shounen its actually going places and I'm fully invested.

Best romance of the season, miles better that bottom tear charter which is a total snoozefest.
Feb 20, 2021 2:43 PM
Nov 2020
Why is his hair long again
Feb 20, 2021 2:47 PM

Jul 2020
The anime is starting to feel like its not taking advantage of its full potential. Based off episode 1 I was really excited and was expecting to rate it a 9 based off all the potential. Introduced a pretty good cast of characters, and has an interesting premise. But instead of having a plot for the entire anime other than the romance, they just make different things happen each episode which is getting repetitive and is killing my enjoyment of the anime.

For the first 3-4 episodes it felt extremely quick and now its feeling a bit longer.

Even Rent-A-Girlfriend has a bigger plot than this, I really hope something changes.

I certainly expected it to be much more than just a romance anime. Guess not. Lets see if the remaining episodes can prove me wrong.
I gave up on character of the week since it takes too much thinking. I'll just change my forum pfp to whoever I want every week lol.
Feb 20, 2021 2:51 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
I enjoyed it but, ngl, that episode felt pretty fucking fast and a bit disjointed.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Feb 20, 2021 3:02 PM

Feb 2020
great episode in the series! so far my favorite episode and cant wait to see if next episode they tell everybody about what they did hehe. (this is my first forum post on MAL btw)

DisorientedFeb 20, 2021 3:08 PM
Feb 20, 2021 3:04 PM

Dec 2016
This episode is my favourite so far <3 Love every moment here, just like in the manga ;3
Kota's afraid to separate from his sister ;-; how adorable is that?

elianamarie said:

I got a little confused as well, but it's just a flashback.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Feb 20, 2021 3:07 PM
Jan 2021
So that end-credit scene...😳
Feb 20, 2021 3:16 PM

Oct 2013
WOW I did not expect that from this anime. Hahahaha I'm still in disbelief.
Feb 20, 2021 3:19 PM
Sep 2008
damn. this anime should have been 24 episodes instead of 12.... the fast pacing makes ppl give it bad reviews becuz everything happens too fast, and only those who read the manga\webtoon would actuly get why what and who with this fast pacing....
the director of the anime should have thought about the ppl who come to this anime without reading\knowing the origins and mae it at least 20\24 episodes like most shojo animes///
we who waited years for this to get an actual anime feel saad about the bad reviews becuz they are no justified :<
Feb 20, 2021 3:27 PM

Sep 2019
nice episode. Im liking the character progression and im suuper happy with how they animated the scene of hori and miyamura, gotta get my weekly sugar intake.
It was also nice to watch souta got upset and how fast miyamura was able to calm him down.
all in all a good episode. Based on the speed of the anime, Im really excited to see akane next episode... hopefully

Feb 20, 2021 3:29 PM

Jun 2020
Naty_G said:
G_Excel said:
I just notice they are using flip phones. What year does this anime take place in?

Probably 2011 (manga releasing year), but in Japan cellphone line and cellphone it self are way expensive, basically there is no cell line and then the phone, a cellphone is sold with a line included (and it's expensive, as I said)

Wow, I didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know.
Feb 20, 2021 3:31 PM

Sep 2019
SavageTM said:
They finally do the sex?

I think so, they are both shirtless and are around 17. Plus in the manga souta gives miyamura his school's pin and asks if he and hori do that often two which miyamura says no

Feb 20, 2021 3:56 PM
Jan 2021
It was just unbelievable I die from curiosity about the next episode
Feb 20, 2021 4:00 PM
May 2020
Another good episode, the anime seems to be skipping some bits from the manga but its not that much of a big deal anyway.

We have a 'love triangle' forming between Yoshikawa, Ishikawa and sakura which will be exciting to see how it's handled.

Although they didn't show it in the anime, I'm pretty sure Souta saw Hori and Miyamura doing it, which is a huge yikes but the bit at the end when souta and miyamura talk about hori makes Souta feel a lot better which is good
Feb 20, 2021 4:02 PM
Dec 2019
they just pulled a "And then they fucked, the end." at me in the last part-

felt a bit rushed and..messy? idk lol
still great, absolutely love it
Feb 20, 2021 4:10 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I never expected Miyamura and Hori to go all the way, but they did in this episode. It came out of nowhere for me because it happened so fast and they quickly downplayed the sex scene. Toru doesn't seem to realize that he is in a love triangle between Sakura and Yuki.
Feb 20, 2021 4:18 PM

May 2019
So that skipped all the way to the sex scene, damn that's some fast pacing.

It was a lot more ambiguous than it was in the manga, but at least they showed the after credit scene, I've been waiting for that to be animated hahahah

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Feb 20, 2021 4:18 PM

Nov 2017
AYE BRO CHOTTO FUCKING MATTE
Feb 20, 2021 4:23 PM

Apr 2015
Was nice to see more from Yoshikawa's perspective of how she is in love with Ishikawa, while he is getting more and more along with Kouno. That must hurt, especially with how Yoshikawa's personality is. How to see more of that in this second half of the show.

Five days without one another, Hori had it rough and boy... Did I not see that coming so soon XD Was it cause he was away for a few days, that it stirred those emotions in Hori? Well either way, they banged alright! The bite mark made me crack up.
Feb 20, 2021 4:26 PM

Dec 2016
I could've sworn this was just happy go lucky slice of life. I must've missed this scene in the manga.
Feb 20, 2021 4:30 PM

Oct 2019
hold up... did my mans actually clap cheeks!?!?
Feb 20, 2021 4:36 PM
Apr 2020
Ohhh Tooru, Sakura, & Yuki love triangle. Two girls like Tooru, probably because he's too kind, but he's dense to notice it. He said he love "sakura" tho, does it mean Sakura has the upper hand? Yuki and Tooru are friends for quite some time tho. It's a bit complicated. lol

OMG! Distance made Izumi and Kyouko bolder, they did it! Kyouko even marked Izumi. lmao. Sota is sad tho, but I guess he'll overcome that feeling once he grow older.

Feb 20, 2021 4:41 PM

Jul 2019
idk why but the cold open to the episode really reminded me of something that SHAFT would do, probably the black bars.
Feb 20, 2021 4:42 PM
Feb 2014
I feel that something is gonna go wrong or someone is going to die.

Please tell me that no one is going to die!

I literally have a problem with overly connecting with characters. It took 3 months for me to get past Clannad, two months for angel beats. When I watched 13 reasons why I could only watch about 15 min a week because it destroyed me

Please please tell me if I need to stop watching
Feb 20, 2021 4:55 PM
Nov 2020
PurpleGirl203 said:
This episode is my favourite so far <3 Love every moment here, just like in the manga ;3
Kota's afraid to separate from his sister ;-; how adorable is that?

elianamarie said:

I got a little confused as well, but it's just a flashback.

Haha ya I just realize once I watched the whole thing
Feb 20, 2021 5:03 PM

Jan 2019
sirgoodguy said:
I was thinking that they would end the season with "Can I have Kyouko?"
Well since they have skipped quite a bit of content any ideas where this season will finish?
I hope they don't speed through and go to graduation to finish the anime with the manga, now that we know the manga is ending soon.
I'm assuming the ending will be the same as the original version, for the manga.

I'd imagine they would end
Feb 20, 2021 5:15 PM
Apr 2016
Was this chronologically all over the place or was Miyamura's hair being long in the beginning just a mistake?
Feb 20, 2021 5:21 PM
Oct 2019
This show keeps getting cuter and cuter! I swear any more and I'll actually die. I was squealing non-stop like a teenage girl this entire episode! I still cant believe they did the deed

Feb 20, 2021 5:22 PM

Oct 2017
loved the changes in the OP visual!! there's two hands instead of one reaching out for the box, and there's new scenes of miyamura, hori, and the gang. super cute!

and so ch. 37 is animated... the after-credits scene showed the bite mark hori left.

overall the pacing of this episode felt really off but I still enjoyed it way too much, lol. looking forward to next week!
Feb 20, 2021 5:32 PM
Apr 2016
spaesu said:
is it just me or did the art style look a bit different this episode? it was also quite fast paced episode compared to the others but i didn't mind too much.

regardless, this was a pretty nice episode. some nice development and focus on the green and blonde hair girl, her making cupcakes and stuff was so wholesome. it was cute seeing hori-san's reactions when miyamura went to hokkaido too.

also, that ending and post credit scene... yabai
phantomfandom said:
I'm so shock! They're just highschool! There's no place for heterosex in highschool level!

so there's a place for homosex in highschool?
You know I also thought it looked different right from the start but though it may have just been me being tired.
Feb 20, 2021 5:40 PM
May 2020
I like how they made it uncertain as to whether or not they did the deed initially, but as soon as the outro ended it was basically confirmed with 100% certainty.
Feb 20, 2021 5:43 PM
Oct 2020
Lamss said:
It's cool that they shined more on the supporting characters in the first half of the episode. I wonder how Ishikawa and Yoshikawa's interactions will develop from here.

That elevator scene between Hori and Miyamura was melodramatic af though 😭

They also smashed fo sho. No doubt in my mind at all.

It really was like it was five days... It makes sense for Hori as a character tho considering how possessive she is. Overall its sad how bad the pacing is in this show because of the 13 ep count that probably could've been 2 3 or even 4 seasons of content.
Feb 20, 2021 5:44 PM
Oct 2020
_Shrek69_ said:
I like how they made it uncertain as to whether or not they did the deed initially, but as soon as the outro ended it was basically confirmed with 100% certainty.

Did Miyamura use protection? That's what I wanna know
Feb 20, 2021 5:51 PM
Oct 2020
Taffy_x3 said:
I could've sworn this was just happy go lucky slice of life. I must've missed this scene in the manga.

It does make more realistic for Miyamura to clap 😂
Feb 20, 2021 5:56 PM

Jan 2020
Oh boy Sakura and Yuki though

Cant bear to see one of them sad

Lol that bite mark at the end credit
Feb 20, 2021 6:03 PM

Jan 2020
woah ok.. not a very Keanu chungus wholesome 100 moment right there

Feb 20, 2021 6:11 PM
Jul 2020
This episode feels so rushed bruh like wtf? Literally feels like i skipped an episode or 2 lmao.
laaalaFeb 20, 2021 6:17 PM
Feb 20, 2021 6:39 PM
Jan 2021
did any of the two even prepared a condom beforehand hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Feb 20, 2021 6:41 PM
Mar 2015
Finally the best chapter and line in the manga well adapted
Feb 20, 2021 6:44 PM

Jul 2016
Well, another episode of forced romance but thankfully, those first 10 minutes or so with Ishikawa and Sakura's side story made up for it. Honestly hope they receive more focus in these following weeks because at this pace, Miyamura and Hori will end up getting married, having kids and maybe more.

And also of course they had sex. Considering how unrealistically rushed their relationship is portrayed, them doing the banging was already a given. Funnily enough tho, I expected them to go physical by at least episode 10 lol.

Now on a more serious note, the scene between Souta and Miyamura left me a bit confused. Did Souta hear them having sex? The scene felt awkwardly placed so I don't know.
Feb 20, 2021 6:48 PM

Jan 2011
god damn will this show ever slow it's breaks down lol it's so fast bruh

want to feel bad for Yuki but its the classic case of not being honest to yourself and speaking up and you'll lose the things you actually want.

and uh that ending had me going this is the perfect settings its raining nobody around but not in my wholesome romcom Noooo they wouldn't right? then i realized theres a post credit .... "hold up wait a minute"
Feb 20, 2021 7:38 PM

Dec 2018
It was a normal episode at first... Didn't know Yuki like Toru too.... Who will Toru choose? Yuki or Sakura.
That last scene, wow! They both actually did it~

Feb 20, 2021 7:41 PM

Jan 2020
Aww Sakura was so cute this episode. I'm really glad it expanded on Yoshikawa's character and I think she might be best girl now

Feb 20, 2021 7:43 PM
May 2020
Feb 20, 2021 7:48 PM

Jan 2013
Another fantastic episode, Horimiya doesn't fail to impress me.
Loving this new love triangle, even tho i am still not sure who i am cheering but Yuki is taking the lead for me. On the other hand, we don't know if Tooru has any feelings for any of them

Episode 7 and we already had a sex scene, didn't expect it to even happen but i am glad Horimiya is different. And the whole Souta scene was also great.

And that ending, "the mark of ownership" lmao
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 20, 2021 8:04 PM
Jul 2019
Kind of fast-paced and all over the place but still a good episode. I'm curious if they actually did it or was it just shirtless cuddling with no penetration. Either way their relationship is progressing.

Waiting for the drama between Ishikawa, Yuki and megane girl but with how they tackle drama in this series, I'm sure it's not gonna be heavy.
Feb 20, 2021 8:06 PM
May 2019
I like how the side characters get screentime and we can have a glimpse into their lives as well. hori and miyamura's interaction was cute and funny. Also the first time (?) hori called miyamura by his first name. And idk what happened between the two of them but they were shirtless at the very least. The scene with Souta was really nice as well. Also, that mark of ownership was something. I like this show a lot, it's a normal relationship and wholesome with none of those cringey tropes from other romance animes. Felt a little fast paced but either way i l loved this episode, my favorite episode so far.
SkarokinFeb 20, 2021 8:09 PM
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2021

215 by mykokorobeats4u »»
Mar 28, 1:31 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

405 by malfathhw »»
Mar 27, 11:01 AM

» To all the people hating on Horimiya ( 1 2 3 4 )

GoshaX - Mar 19, 2021

194 by GoshaX »»
Feb 20, 7:14 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Dominik_Fark - Jan 16, 2021

240 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Feb 20, 2:25 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

151 by tohrau »»
Feb 10, 6:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.