Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 20, 2021 1:01 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Someone got sister w. no memory after the fire and she grew up in a secret place for hanyou orphans. That Shiori lady looks like the soulless monster from last season, though.

Then suddenly there's gift to her and she starts training. They also took care of youkais that came as far as the seal together. She grew up and went out to train. Then she went back.

A youkai came attacking when that Shiori lady losing youkai power because she is also a youkai. They lost to that youkai and she changed in order to protect others. Monk guy was also there and stopped her from berserking and gave her power seal along w. the weapon, which was originally the youkai's.

She had no chance to go out again.

The pearl's story next (happening main girl losing her youkai power).
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 20, 2021 2:29 AM

Oct 2009
Well, this was a random-a×× episode for sure, in pretty much complete isolation.

I'm not sure whether Lord Gaga is hilarious af or just takes the cringe factor into new depths.
Feb 20, 2021 4:04 AM

Mar 2019
I liked how they connected the past and present and explained a lot about what happened to Setsuna after the incident.

As we expected, it was indeed Jaken who saved her and she got raised by Shiori with other half children. Guess it was Miroku who was sending Setsuna all those messages, which means that after leaving Setsuna with Shiori, Jaken went to the village to inform the others about what happened.

This time it didn't felt like it could be longer so the pacing was nice imo. After that awful last episode, this one feels like one of the best we had for this show, with some references from the Inuyasha series.

Next week we will know more about the Pearl and maybe a bit more about Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha's father.
Feb 20, 2021 5:11 AM
Oct 2016
Learning more context to Setsuna past. So she didn't quite have a horrible growing up in the forest like we thought before. Setsuna living in that half demon village with Shiori whom is from the original Inuyasha series. We'd thought before that Setsuna was left all on her own in the forest by Sesshomaru but she wasn't. I can imagine those gifts and instructions she received were from him. Trying to get her strong so she could protect the village and herself. Setsuna even at a young age was a miniature badass. Helping defeat dumb demons who came knocking to their village, especially ones who cams during when Shiori would lose her powers once a month. Setsuna wasn't cut out for the human world until she was ready like we saw when she went to Kaede village for a short time. But luckily later on she could join the demon hunters and help them.
Feb 20, 2021 6:11 AM

Jul 2017
Going back to the past with Setsuna: an episode we desperately needed to understand more about one of Sesshomaru's daughters.

More largely, I guess you can say that this is Setsuna's episode in character development.

Seeing Jaken save Setsuna (after the fire incident) and leaving her to Shiori and the other half-demons residing in a hidden village, it's always nice to see OG Inuyasha characters pop up every now and then with relevance to Yashahime's timeline (to which those are easily best episodes due to nostalgia value).

The possibility of external attacks have always remained high, demons or monsters alike. I don't knnow whether to take this Lord Gaga as a joke, but whatever. Seeing Miroku also targeting this Lord is kinda the usual business.

For Setsuna to have Beniyasha-like demonic powers before she got her rainbow jewel, that's a pretty scary thought. And it's no wonder the sword that was used by Lord Gaga, act as its medium for the travels of Setsuna from thereon.

Interesting episode, a good one to set up for the finale coming soon.
Feb 20, 2021 6:16 AM
Apr 2020
With 4 more episodes left for the show to play with, do you think they'll try wrap up all the story threads or leave them hanging to be brought over into another season?
Feb 20, 2021 6:26 AM

Mar 2019
zz2000 said:
With 4 more episodes left for the show to play with, do you think they'll try wrap up all the story threads or leave them hanging to be brought over into another season?

Since the anime seems to have nice viewership ratings in Japan, they are probably saving the most important stuff to another season at this point. Next episodes will only set everything up for that.

Unless they decide they will rush everything down because why not, which I don't think is gonna happen.
Feb 20, 2021 7:31 AM

Feb 2019
Really good episode. Got some explanation about Setsuna’s childhood before becoming a demon slayer and also why she uses the Nagita. It was cool to see Shiori again too. Her origin story was so sad in OG inuyasha.

The more the show goes on though, it’s kinda clear this is a show runner to garner interest for a long running Yashahime series in the future. There’s no way everything gets wrapped up satisfactorily so soon.

Next week should be interesting. Kirinmaru and Riku. Looking forward to it.
Feb 20, 2021 8:34 AM

Sep 2016
This was a good episode. I am really happy to see Shiori again.

Wonder how they're gonna end this in the next 4 episodes tho
Feb 20, 2021 8:53 AM

Dec 2013
I liked a lot this episode, Setsuna being as happy as she possible can, it is rather funny how Setsuna and Towa got the better end of the deal having a terrible father yet both ending with 2 loving families but Moroha who should had the better parents ended up with someone who takes care of her with some tough love.
Feb 20, 2021 9:27 AM

Jun 2017
Setsuna has the best backstory so far and they really used Shiori well unlike Moroha's dead master....
Feb 20, 2021 9:49 AM
May 2018
finally a great and much needed episode setsuna's past was well explained and it didnt feel rushed unlike moroha's past
Feb 20, 2021 11:16 AM
Aug 2018
I'm sure a lot of people disliked how action-less this episode was, but I'm actually surprised. This was an OK episode, some much-needed Setsuna backstory. If this had occurred 15 episodes ago, it might have been good.
Feb 20, 2021 11:28 AM
Sep 2008
That really felt random it would have been better that Yaken took Setsuna to Kohaku someone with combat experience so he had trained her, also that would have explained why she is with the demon hunters and Miroku sudden apperance wouldnt felt so random since Kohaku is his brother in law.

Besides if the demon hunters were the ones rising Setsuna they could have added scenes between Hisui and Setsuna to promote the shipping but no as always another dissappointment.

PS: I hope it doesnt happen but I can already see the complains on this episode because Shiori when she transformed in her human form her skin became white.
CesarMagnanFeb 20, 2021 12:10 PM
Feb 20, 2021 12:07 PM

Apr 2018
A very good episode going over Setsuna's past and what happened after the forest fire that they were in.

Also tells us the story of how she got her weapon, low-key got so excited when I saw young Miroku again with his pervertness.
Feb 20, 2021 12:18 PM
Dec 2020
Let's try to give some character development at the very end of the series, why do it at the beginning? Also, Setsuna doesn't have memories, oh wat, she does, but only some.

Ugh... The writing in this is appalling, the firs 1 I will give to a series.
Feb 20, 2021 3:36 PM

Apr 2015
Okay episode, nothing particularly interesting happened but this episode about Setsuna's past was inevitable and long overdue. At least it wasn't nearly as bad as episode 16 with Moroha's past or the last episode with the terrible comedy, although Gaga Gozen was a joke of a character. Setsuna's laugh at the end was definitely the highlight of the episode for me. Anyways, hopefully next episode is one of the better ones, it looks like one of the more interesting previews we've had in a while.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Feb 20, 2021 4:32 PM

Mar 2012
I'm gonna assume we'll probably get a second season considering this story might not wrap up in the next 4 EPs? Seems like the show is taking its sweet time and it's in the last stretch
Feb 20, 2021 7:20 PM
Nov 2019
Interesting how we get what are possibly the show's worst and best episodes back to back. My only complaint about this episode is that I think it should have been placed earlier in the season, probably after the Miroku episode. Wouldn't have changed anything plot wise.

On a side note, I like how we actually got a brutal looking death in this episode, this series was desperately missing them
Feb 20, 2021 7:31 PM
Mar 2015
Nice background for Setsuma Jaken brought her to Shiori Later she went to Kaede and the demon slayers Glad to see Shiori again since she represented hanyou to IY
Feb 21, 2021 6:51 PM

Jan 2008
One of my favorite episodes thus far, showing Setsuna's past which was a mystery up until now, going into detail explaining everything. Was really nice seeing Setsuna smile and laugh more.

Miroko again making a guest appearance briefly was great too.

I wonder who it was that was giving her the training instructions periodically though...Jaken?

Next episode's preview though...really feels like they're trying to ship that guyliner with Towa, and I'm not really feeling it. It all just feels wrong. I hope that's not what they're going for though.

I hope they get to the Dream Butterfly thing soon...there ain't a whole lot of episodes left for that plus Inuyasha and Kagome's whereabouts. But I'm okay with them not getting the nitty gritty if they're going to green-lit this for another season.
Feb 22, 2021 5:57 AM

Oct 2017
More of Setsuna's backstory and this was a sweet one. Shiori's a great woman.
Feb 25, 2021 11:07 AM

Jan 2020
This episode was interesting, surprisingly. Even if i can't say that the pacing of the story wasn't kinda rushed, Setsuna's past has been the best of this anime so far.
Feb 26, 2021 7:19 AM

Dec 2012
That was actually a nice backstory.
Feb 27, 2021 12:48 PM

Jul 2008
Finally some plot development...needs more of this and less whining bored spoiled brat princess starting mock battles for entertainment
Mar 3, 2021 1:37 AM

Mar 2009
Honestly a good episode. I'm shocked.
Mar 6, 2021 3:45 AM

Sep 2014
Aside from the cringe demon guy, this episode was actually pretty good.
May 17, 2021 1:20 AM
Nov 2020
I love seeing some of the old characters from Inuyasha, so it was fun to see Miroku and Shiori. I just wish we would find out what happened to Kagome and Inuyasha and if they will even be a part of the series. Fingers crossed we can see them in the upcoming season!
Jun 9, 2021 12:45 AM

Jun 2017
Oh! Now we know the origin of Setsuna's weapon. I thought somehow it was a gift from Sesshoumaru.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
May 23, 2022 10:09 AM

Nov 2010
Shiori's human form is super cute! She's definitely a delicacy I'd love savor if I was one of those demon. hehe
Aug 9, 2022 11:18 AM

Apr 2012
Decent lore dump.
Dec 17, 2022 1:10 PM
Feb 2019
As bad as the last episode was, this one was quite enjoyable. Nice to see some character history. It adds a bit of depth.
Feb 6, 2023 11:26 AM

Jan 2018
Good to see Shiori again. Her human form is just as beautiful. Shame about her mother though.

This was a good episode. It told us a lot about Setsuna's past. So why couldn't this have been placed much earlier in the series?
Mar 29, 2023 4:05 AM

Apr 2013
A bit more backstory about what happened to Setsuna after getting separated from Towa. Was alright.
Aug 3, 2023 10:51 PM

Nov 2015
KoniginElle said:
Oh! Now we know the origin of Setsuna's weapon. I thought somehow it was a gift from Sesshoumaru.
Pfft, ikr 😅 this in addition makes him look more incompetent as a father that already was 

💢

Mar 12, 4:34 AM

Jun 2020
Good episode. We finally see what happened to Setsuna after the fire.

At first, Sesshomaru looked to be negligent at best, but it turns out he's been taking care of his children without them knowing. Along with giving them the pearls and stepping in to protect them whenever their lives are truly in danger.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 24, 2020

91 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 7, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 17, 2020

90 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 7, 8:52 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Oct 10, 2020

108 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 7, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 21 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 27, 2021

39 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Mar 28, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 20, 2021

90 by evonewsun »»
Mar 13, 1:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.