Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 19, 2021 6:00 PM

May 2020
My second choice was Dorohedoro but I honestly loved JJK I’m happy it won, yes I love Shounen how do you guys feel though?
SkyKidFeb 19, 2021 6:17 PM
If you want me to prepare a rope for the sake of hanging yourself, forget it. But… If it's a rope for the sake of pulling you up from Hell, no matter how many ropes it takes, I'll prepare them for you. ~Sakata Gintoki
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 19, 2021 6:01 PM

Jan 2018
I feel great, can't wait for the whiners tho
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Feb 19, 2021 6:02 PM
Feb 2021
1000% recency bias. I personally think Beastars deserved it. JJK was amazing and all but it was too late to vote it. I would rather have it be a contender for 2021's but 2021 is gonna be just a complete Attack on Titan domination lmao
Feb 19, 2021 6:06 PM
May 2013
It didn't deserve to win. This is why people don't take anime seriously as a medium.
Feb 19, 2021 6:07 PM
Aug 2020
Dorohedoro was my first choice, but JJK was my second so I'm happy regardless.
Feb 19, 2021 6:08 PM
Mar 2018
As much as I love JJK, there are better picks out there. Hell, JJK anime isn’t even finished so why tf did it get picked?

Even worse, how did Deku vs Overhaul win best fight?

As usual Crunchyroll awards are BS.
Feb 19, 2021 6:09 PM
Jun 2020
jjk is overhyped, thats it
Feb 19, 2021 6:10 PM
Feb 2021
Kaien321 said:
As much as I love JJK, there are better picks out there. Hell, JJK anime isn’t even finished so why tf did it get picked?

I don't even think Deku vs Overhaul was the best fight in MHA S4. It 1000000% should've been Endeavour vs that one dude, i forget his name
Feb 19, 2021 6:12 PM

Aug 2019
Probably just about deserved. Great Pretender would have made a worthy winner as well.

However, I expected a JJK clean-sweep given CR's propensity for dishing out awards like skittles to the battle-shonen du jour, so was pleasantly surprised when they spread the love.

Kaien321 said:

The fucked up thing is that it'll likely be eligible for next years award as well given it's still in it's first season.
Feb 19, 2021 6:16 PM
Mar 2018
Tybaa_ said:
Kaien321 said:

I don't even think Deku vs Overhaul was the best fight in MHA S4. It 1000000% should've been Endeavour vs that one dude, i forget his name

Definitely. The animation was better and the emotional impact was more pronounced. The enemy was Nomu btw.

Shit, GoH had better fights as well (Mori vs Han and Mori vs Ilpyo) were the best. The latter fight sadly didn’t get voted and instead the Mori vs Jegal one was chosen.
Feb 19, 2021 6:18 PM

Feb 2019
A lot of the winners I could care less, they all deserved the win. JJK, can't disagree but my vote was for Eizouken

『ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴ-ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴊᴜᴅɢᴇ ᴏꜰ ꜰɪʀᴇ』

Then her jaw slackened as she muttered out.
[I... am the bi◼️?]

☽ † ☾
- ᴅᴇʟɪᴠᴇʀɪᴇꜱ
- ꜱɪɢ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ʙʏ ʜᴜᴍᴀɴᴛᴡɪɢ

Feb 19, 2021 6:23 PM

Jan 2018
Nah, it's not aoty material. Just like god of highschool, the only appealing thing it has is its animation.
Feb 19, 2021 6:24 PM

Feb 2016
I think it was too soon for JJK to win the biggest award. Shonen with 10 eps out beating beastars, dorohedoro ? Rezero and Oregairu not even nominated i don't know how to feel. I mean I like JJK but I don't think it's deserved
Just because you are doing something for someone else doesn't make it right. Kindness and beauty can sometimes become cruel.
Feb 19, 2021 6:28 PM

Nov 2016
Deserved!

Eizouken, Dorohedoro, Nami yo Kiitekure were worthy as well, but Jujutsu Kaisen simply brought a more well rounded package to the table.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 19, 2021 6:28 PM

Sep 2018
It is a pretty decent choice for anime of the year. It is another shounen though.
Feb 19, 2021 6:32 PM
Aug 2020
Thorf said:
Nah, it's not aoty material. Just like god of highschool, the only appealing thing it has is its animation.

You clearly haven't been watching it. It's not just the animation but the writing and character development is fantastic, especially with the female characters.
Feb 19, 2021 6:32 PM
Jul 2018
MoonDragon72 said:
Dorohedoro was my first choice, but JJK was my second so I'm happy regardless.

Basically, this. ^
Feb 19, 2021 6:35 PM

Oct 2018
xenosys said:
Probably just about deserved. Great Pretender would have made a worthy winner as well.

However, I expected a JJK clean-sweep given CR's propensity for dishing out awards like skittles to the battle-shonen du jour, so was pleasantly surprised when they spread the love.

Kaien321 said:

The fucked up thing is that it'll likely be eligible for next years award as well given it's still in it's first season.

I'd be fine with a 2021 nomination run. I'd like to see how it fares against some of the other juggernauts airing this year. AoT is clearly the biggest competition. Re:Zero is also still airing. Demon Slayer movie + season 2 are set to be released this year as well. Also can't disregard the non-sequels airing right now and in the future.

Feb 19, 2021 6:38 PM
Jul 2020
I see a lot of people talking about dorohedoro. I saw the anime and loved it. But sad thing is it is not popular. I get it that some people say that jjk didn't deserve coz it was only first course in 2020 which I totally agree on. But we know about crunchyroll awards. They pick the anime of the year which means the most popular anime of that year. So easily it is jjk. So people who hate jjk stop whining by telling it was shit. No matter what u guys say it was popular on 2020 even though it was first cour and it is crunchyroll so deal with it.
Feb 19, 2021 6:39 PM

Jan 2018
MoonDragon72 said:
Thorf said:

You clearly haven't been watching it. It's not just the animation but the writing and character development is fantastic, especially with the female characters.
I've read 120 chapters as well. I didn't even remember there was a main female character until I checked the anime trailer, they're so forgettable.
Feb 19, 2021 6:40 PM

Jul 2015
And those awards matters because...?

Feb 19, 2021 6:41 PM

Dec 2020
Thorf said:
Yeah. Jjk is carried by it's animation. I don't know what's so good about it other than it's animation
Life is basically like a soap bubble. It rides on the wind, flying here and there,
...And before you realise it, *pop*! It's gone - Sakata Gintoki
Feb 19, 2021 6:41 PM
Feb 19, 2021 6:42 PM
Dec 2020
I was happy like way too happy when jujutsu kaisen won like- MIND BLOWN
Feb 19, 2021 6:43 PM
Aug 2020
Thorf said:
MoonDragon72 said:

I've read 120 chapters as well. I didn't even remember there was a main female character until I checked the anime trailer, they're so forgettable.

You're clearly just hating it because it's popular.
Feb 19, 2021 6:44 PM

Jan 2018
MoonDragon72 said:
Thorf said:

I read it before it was popular, don't try to use that excuse on me. Tell me one reason why it's good. I'm talking a valid, correct reason. Excluding animation.
Feb 19, 2021 6:45 PM
Dec 2020
Thorf said:
MoonDragon72 said:

Thorf said:
MoonDragon72 said:

I don’t think the characters are forgettable at all. If u don’t like it then it’s not for u so u don’t have to read the manga or watch the anime. Keep it to urself
Feb 19, 2021 6:48 PM
Oct 2020
I don't really care much.

I love to watch anime and I am gonna watch as much anime as I can (same goes for majority of the anime fans). It doesn't matter which anime is AOTY.
Feb 19, 2021 6:48 PM

Jan 2018
-Flaky- said:
Thorf said:

Thorf said:

I don’t think the characters are forgettable at all. If u don’t like it then it’s not for u so u don’t have to read the manga or watch the anime. Keep it to urself
Then keep all of the hype to yourselves as well. I'm voicing my opinion just as everyone else is.
Feb 19, 2021 6:49 PM
Dec 2020
I love jjk but it’s not very stand out anime wise, the arcs that haven’t been adapted are amazing and if they were adapted then it would be better than anything out now, however it’s not and the anime isn’t even over, but last year kinda sucked so what does it matter
said the lolicon bastard
Feb 19, 2021 6:50 PM
Dec 2020
Kunshu_kun said:

I love to watch anime and I am gonna watch as much anime as I can. It doesn't matter which anime is AOTY.

Yeah but we’re discussing it, it doesn’t really contribute to anything by saying you don’t care
said the lolicon bastard
Feb 19, 2021 6:53 PM
Dec 2020
Thorf said:
-Flaky- said:

Then keep all of the hype to yourselves as well. I'm voicing my opinion just as everyone else is.

I said to keep the criticism to urself cuz there are some others that don’t like the anime but keep shaming those that like it which is stupid. But either way sorry if I offended u with what I said, everyone is allowed their own opinion and u are too.
Feb 19, 2021 6:53 PM
Oct 2020
StoneFreee said:
Kunshu_kun said:

I love to watch anime and I am gonna watch as much anime as I can. It doesn't matter which anime is AOTY.

Yeah but we’re discussing it, it doesn’t really contribute to anything by saying you don’t care

Topic says "JJK won AOTY Crunchyroll how do u feel?"
"How do you feel"
Feb 19, 2021 6:54 PM
Oct 2020
Thorf said:
-Flaky- said:

Well i think if you only read the manga and just see 2 episode of the anime, i doesnt make sense why are you deissapointed maybe, you cant compare that with only reading the manga give an opinion, we are talking about the anime not the manga, and if you put it on hold in the episode 2 then why are you opining of the anime like you have seen all the episode of the season

Nov 2016
Thorf said:
MoonDragon72 said:

I read it before it was popular, don't try to use that excuse on me. Tell me one reason why it's good. I'm talking a valid, correct reason. Excluding animation.

It has extremely charismatic characters with some engaging dynamics.

There's your reason.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 2020
Kunshu_kun said:
StoneFreee said:

Topic says "JJK won AOTY Crunchyroll how do u feel?"
"How do you feel"

Eh I guess your right, it’s not like I don’t agree with u I just wanted a more interesting take :/
said the lolicon bastard
Feb 19, 2021 6:57 PM

Dec 2016
predictable, but solid winner.
Feb 19, 2021 6:59 PM
Oct 2020
Im happy and I really love JJK but i dont think the problem of wining it wasnt about the anime, i think it was the decision of crunchyroll of puting in nominated JJK it isnt finish its like you put in anime of the year Aot the final season for the win in 2020, if they put beastars an anime that is of 2019 in the nominateds of 2020 they should put JJK with the nominateds of 2021,
Feb 19, 2021 6:59 PM

Jan 2018
FMmatron said:
Thorf said:

There's your reason.
I didn't like any of the characters minus Gojo who gets development many volumes down the line. So there's a reason otherwise.
Feb 19, 2021 7:01 PM
Apr 2020
it’s outrageous
Feb 19, 2021 7:01 PM

Jan 2018
DANIx700 said:
Thorf said:

Well i think if you only read the manga and just see 2 episode of the anime, i doesnt make sense why are you deissapointed maybe, you cant compare that with only reading the manga give an opinion, we are talking about the anime not the manga, and if you put it on hold in the episode 2 then why are you opining of the anime like you have seen all the episode of the season
I know all of the content of this season, so I don't see what's wrong with discussing it. The only thing they can do to make the manga better is animate it really well, which they're doing. But I dislike the manga in the first place, and the anime I felt the same about.
Feb 19, 2021 7:05 PM
Oct 2020
Thorf said:
DANIx700 said:

I know all of the content of this season, so I don't see what's wrong with discussing it. The only thing they can do to make the manga better is animate it really well, which they're doing. But I dislike the manga in the first place, and the anime I felt the same about.

Well its your opinion so i respect it, its just that im just telling my point of view of what are you telling have a good night or day
Feb 19, 2021 7:07 PM
Master Otaku

Mar 2009
One of the most overrated anime of all time.
- Justin T. Poindexter
Feb 19, 2021 7:13 PM

Nov 2016
Thorf said:
FMmatron said:

There's your reason.
I didn't like any of the characters minus Gojo who gets development many volumes down the line. So there's a reason otherwise.

You not liking them doesn't make the characters less appealing.

Feb 19, 2021 7:35 PM

Jan 2018
FMmatron said:
Thorf said:

They're literally just overused shounen tropes. All of them.
Feb 19, 2021 7:37 PM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
Tybaa_ said:
Kaien321 said:

I agree with u the overhaul vs deku fight it was great but it didn't make me excited or make me go wow but the Endeavor vs the high end nomu was pretty crazy it made me feel pretty excited tbh the the whole season was pretty mid until that fight which for me personally was the highlight of the season so yeah that last fight should have been considered but aye crunchyroll anime awards arw crap, it a been like that for some time now

Feb 19, 2021 7:39 PM

Nov 2018
jUjUtSu KaIsEn Is OvErAtEd

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Feb 19, 2021 7:40 PM

Nov 2018
Justp94 said:
One of the most overrated anime of all time.

Can you elaborate why?

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Feb 19, 2021 7:41 PM

Dec 2020
Thorf said:
FMmatron said:

They're literally just overused shounen tropes. All of them.

Nobara's a tsundere like Sakura, Megumi is edgy black-hair like Sasuke, and Yuji is a goofy bright color like Naruto?
Feb 19, 2021 7:43 PM

May 2015
I agree on recency bias. It only finished its 1st cour. I love it but the award is just popularity only

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

636 by xaulious »»
Apr 20, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2021

244 by yaybeachepisode »»
Apr 18, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2021

351 by Hater-chan »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2020

344 by Alciefer »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jan 22, 2021

228 by mikejimamadara »»
Apr 13, 4:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.