Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
So I'm a Spider, So What? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Feb 19, 2021 9:40 AM
Dec 2019
Natsume: "I'm going to kill you but first let me give you a long talk to give someone time to come and save you."

What a garbage filler episode
Feb 19, 2021 9:54 AM

Dec 2013
This episode was super packed with info, so at least two other students could be in the same situation as Kumoko, a new girl that could be one of those two or just a different person who reincarnated but is going to be a villain, and then Kumoko was "upgraded" by a GM called D who maybe wants to give her support.
Feb 19, 2021 9:59 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Not everything went as a plan, eh, prince bad temper? Good thing that loli elf arrived to save Schlain-sama ass. If not, well, idk what should i say about that! Because, well, i know these kind of side really fucked up from the beginning. Even that jerk prince planned another revenge strategy by putting that consideration too much, with a new character that possibly a demon. Kek. Whatever.

Kumoko? Ah, a little spider kept adorable. Don't care everything, and kept levelling up the spider core stat until some skill got max out and evolve. Thats good for her own survival goal. The level looked kind of in a good terms too. Then, its not so long after she realized that someone actually watching her from a far away. God? Nah. Its the senior administrator. D? Interesting.

However, someone, once again, spoil a little identity of those thing. But, well, nevermind that. This shit really need some hype to maintain everything that has been build up. Thats okay. But i hope some people might care to shut the fuck up a bit once they comment something.

I guess thats my statement for now. Peace out.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 19, 2021 10:01 AM

Jan 2015
Man I just wish this had good animation, it would be a whole lot better
Who’s even directing/drawing those action scenes?

Anyways, finally the plot is starting to get into the game
Feb 19, 2021 10:05 AM

Feb 2018
and the plot finally starts to kick in, that ending sequence was good, I'm glad to hear her voice.

Some say raising skills is good, some say it isn't, we have the misterious [n% l = w] skill that Oka kept despite taking all others, Senior Adm D enters the stage... a lot of good things happened.

oh yeah Ruler of Wisdom is broken. I mean, every ruler skill is broken, but still....
Feb 19, 2021 10:07 AM
Nov 2017
[/quote]

Not gonna click it. I may come back to this, if S1 ends on a cliffhanger.[/quote]

you're asking i though you want a spoiler but yeah its better don't click.

this is the best anime adaptation for isekai after konosuba and re-zero for me. waiting till end season is the best..

i deleted my post.
Aqua_samaFeb 19, 2021 10:12 AM
Feb 19, 2021 10:09 AM
May 2014
they are in a simulation
so this is matrix and they will wake up naked in a vat with tubes connected to them?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2021 10:24 AM
Jan 2020
I can see this show being a bit dark now. Some secrets are being revealed now. So, this anime is not really an isekai, there is someone called Administrator D who is controlling all the skills and stats. There was a lot that happened this episode. Hugo really went out of control with those skills and it was a good thing that his skills and stats were taken away from him. He also meets this new character who claims to be a reincarnation as well, but obviously we do not know if that true or not. So, spider here is getting to know some secrets slowly. Also, elf said that getting skills in this world is dangerous and can make someone like Hugo. So maybe she is related to this Admin somehow. She knows a lot more, and now she is keeping it a secret. She did say that we will get to know soon enough but how soon? Is this show going to be like Sword Art Online where we get to know a lot of the world’s secrets in the beginning of the show or are, they going to stretch it till the very end? The fact that the humans are told not to gain a lot of skills, and the fact that spider is becoming overpowered by the minute and evolving is controversial and scary. This could put spider in danger, or worse, turn her into the villain.
Feb 19, 2021 10:29 AM
Sep 2020
MunaXs said:
Natsume: "I'm going to kill you but first let me give you a long talk to give someone time to come and save you."

How was this episode filler? This reveals that oka has some kind of ruler ability, revealed there are some kind of god in that world and a whole bunch of other stuff.
Feb 19, 2021 10:37 AM

Nov 2010
I know Hugo is supposed to be an idiot, but didn't they go a bit to far in that direction?
I mean he is not just an idiot, but also delusional, an asshole, a narcissist and basically every negative thing you can put into a character that was supposedly a somewhat normal douche before the reincarnation thing happened. He feels quite a bit overblown at this point.

He basically went from mild douche to complete murdering egomaniac over what should be normal jealousy.
zwolf12Feb 19, 2021 10:41 AM
Feb 19, 2021 10:44 AM
Dec 2019
HoloKill said:
MunaXs said:

How was this episode filler? This reveals that oka has some kind of ruler ability, revealed there are some kind of god in that world and a whole bunch of other stuff.

The same explanation could have been made without all the theatrics in a few scenes.
Feb 19, 2021 11:11 AM
Jan 2011
If it's like a game - maybe it is a game. You're the character but you're not the player - an important distinction.
Feb 19, 2021 11:12 AM

Mar 2016
cristinacke28 said:
they are in a simulation
so this is matrix and they will wake up naked in a vat with tubes connected to them?

MunaXs said:
HoloKill said:

The same explanation could have been made without all the theatrics in a few scenes.
that doesn't make it filler, just padding. an episode is only filler when nothing in it contributes to the overall plot
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Feb 19, 2021 11:17 AM
Dec 2019
Aure0lin said:
cristinacke28 said:
they are in a simulation

MunaXs said:

that doesn't make it filler, just padding. an episode is only filler when nothing in it contributes to the overall plot

Not necessarily but what ever
Feb 19, 2021 11:26 AM

Jun 2019
The action between the human characters was pretty bad inthis episode. The character movement was jittery and the layout was often confusing. I still think that the human characters are boring, but it should get interesting soon with the elf teacher being suspicious and the girl at the end helping the guy get revenge.

The spider plot was pretty boring with there being an overload of skills thrown at us, but the realization that this might be a game should make things a lot more interesting.
Feb 19, 2021 11:37 AM

Mar 2020
Well today we bare farewell to all Hugo's skill. Hugo will go on to get revenge on the one who stole his power and the ones he despises.
Feb 19, 2021 11:51 AM

Sep 2016
I just saw the top review, I lul'd at one thing, apparently I'm an elitist, may god have mercy of me lmao

That said, we need less problematic kids and more Kumoko, umph.
We're finally getting at a very good point. But we're still quite behind compared to the manga :S

Talmer said:
anime will likely go past the point where manga ends while doing twice as much content due perspective split

Hopefully.
I want to see something new.
bruh
Feb 19, 2021 12:19 PM

Apr 2018
Kumiko has gotten pretty strong as a spider with that Evil Eye ability.

I wonder what the deal was with the Demon Lord.
Feb 19, 2021 12:27 PM

Dec 2015
I thought the episode was okay. Not much happened to our girl, Kumoko, but a lot did happen to the other classmates and teacher. Hugo got mad with power and planned to kill a number of his classmates so he can take the glory from himself because he sees himself as the world's king. He deserved everything that happened to him when the teacher showed up. Personally, I thought he got off too lenient for what he planned on doing with zero remorse for his actions. Anyway, I thought it was cool that Kumoko got new abilities. She also had a Sans moment at the end of the episode, lol.
Feb 19, 2021 12:34 PM

Sep 2008
It was a interesting episode, not in the way of entertainment but more in information. Lots and lots of info and potential future questions being thrown at us.
More like a info dump rather than filler or so. Like one of those episodes to get stuff out of the way so the story can keep on going smoothly afterwards, I hope!
I kind of want to grab some of the ´´books´´ now.
Feb 19, 2021 1:22 PM

May 2019
Ok, I got a question, I don't want spoilers.

Are the timelines messed up? Since the students have been in the world for years that'd mean the Kumo we are seeing is Kumo from many years ago right?

Enjoyed this episode again.
Feb 19, 2021 1:34 PM

Jun 2014
They did well adapting and setting things up in this episode. Loved it!
Feb 19, 2021 2:00 PM
Dec 2017
Papasym said:
Ok, I got a question, I don't want spoilers.

Are the timelines messed up? Since the students have been in the world for years that'd mean the Kumo we are seeing is Kumo from many years ago right?

Enjoyed this episode again.

Feb 19, 2021 2:26 PM

Apr 2015
Oka has some really OP power, like a game admin or something. Stripping Hugo of his skills is pretty dope though, that guy deserved it. This was atleast a little more interesting on the human side.

So many walls of text this episode, my word. It's a bit too much though.

Now the final moments with kumoko was interesting, obtaining skills at random, like someone is handing them out to her for free. That was really weird, but more OP spoder is always welcome!

Final scene, Hugo never learns does he. What a god complex of a guy that is.
Feb 19, 2021 2:32 PM
Nov 2018
I hope all the anime only's are having as much of a "wtf is going on and where is this going" moment as I had when I read this section. We should start seeing it escalate quite rapidly from here on both the spider and human sides.

I don't think the execution of shun/hugo storyline has been very good so far, for some reason they use the human parts like filler even though there is a lot of interesting things there they could have included besides "hugo glares at shun"

I am surprised they didn't include the foreshadowing of hugo getting some concerning sounding skills while raging. Although maybe that is a spoiler and they are going to include it next episode?
Feb 19, 2021 2:58 PM

Jun 2016
These scenes always make me lol XD:

Mod Edit: Added image tags.
anime-primeFeb 20, 2021 9:36 PM
Feb 19, 2021 3:11 PM

Mar 2010
Damn the overly happy spider just made things extremely dark I was even starting to shake in my boots eek.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 19, 2021 3:42 PM
Feb 2019
This is pretty much where im dropping the show.

I understand they are adapting and trying to follow the LN but as a consequence it makes the show confusing as hell since the two stories (Kumokos and the Classmates) are supposed to be years apart and yet are being told side by side.

Ends up hurting the story a whole lot more through events and information not lining up (thus confusing the audience to what the story actually is) than it helps it through mystery and suspense.
Feb 19, 2021 3:58 PM

Feb 2014
not enough Kumo this episode, fix it!
Feb 19, 2021 4:25 PM

Jan 2020
Damm..no ending this week but oh well.

I'm more interested in the students over Kumoko so I liked this episode. It feels like a completely different anime and I kinda like that.

Feb 19, 2021 4:28 PM
Mar 2019
SupChoco said:
This episode was weird. The frame freezed for several seconds ... and they didn't even add the ending song or the preview for the next episode.
Maybe the episode was rushed ? I hope they don't have production problems.
I saw it right in crunchyroll idk what are you talking about
Feb 19, 2021 4:31 PM

Oct 2019
It is very convenient for their teacher Oka-chan to claim that "skills are dangerous" (for whom and why? and what skills, all of them or just the taboo/dark ones?) when apparently she is one of the admins/rulers of this game/world(?), thus she is not just super strong but can even undo anyone's stats and skills - a god level power. It's like an elephant advising mouses not to become too strong because "It's a secret".. I loved that she asked Hugo if he... "agreed to allow" the so called "application of unique ruler skills" when she clearly had hypnotized him, rendering his supposed consent completely irrelevant (I'd guess that must be a loophole "rulers" of this world/game use to deprive people of stats and skills..).

Not that Hugo did not deserve such a "punishment", and much more. As a general rule the say that "if you wound a lion you'd better kill it or it will come back and attack you harder next time" (it is disgraceful for lions to compare Hugo to them so I sincerely apologize to all lions..). In the case of Hugo it appears that he will return with some strong demon friends who will undoubtedly exploit his idiotic lust for power.. Narcissists like Hugo are very easy to manipulate, and Hugo's psychopathology has moved well beyond mere narcissism to full-blown solipsism.

So this world/game has at least four (or more) "senior administrators". I doubt Oka-chan is Senior Administrator D since she does not like her students to gather very high stats (maybe, just maybe, because it will be more difficult to control them?), so it's unlikely that she would make Kumoko the "Ruler of Wisdom" just because she wished for it. However Oka-chan must surely have Senior Admin level authority as well. I wonder if she had to work to reach that level or if she automatically gained it for free just because she was an adult (and thus purportedly "more responsible").
Feb 19, 2021 4:51 PM

Apr 2017
Didn't expect it to get this bad. Ability to erase skills? No, thank you.
Feb 19, 2021 5:04 PM

Jul 2009
Franz_Kuznetsov said:
These scenes always make me lol XD:

(images hidden in spoiler)
Yeah-this kind of thing stirs inner 8th-grade syndrome (chuunibyou) of people. I remember swordstick fighting when I was 6-8 years old. I'd let my imagination run wild and just have fun.

Someone who was a high school student (Kumoko) should be rolling on the ground screaming "THE EMBARRASSMENT!" like Yuuta from Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
Feb 19, 2021 5:49 PM
Dec 2017
Sharpedon said:
It is very convenient for their teacher Oka-chan to claim that "skills are dangerous" (for whom and why? and what skills, all of them or just the taboo/dark ones?) when apparently she is one of the admins/rulers of this game/world(?), thus she is not just super strong but can even undo anyone's stats and skills - a god level power. It's like an elephant advising mouses not to become too strong because "It's a secret".. I loved that she asked Hugo if he... "agreed to allow" the so called "application of unique ruler skills" when she clearly had hypnotized him, rendering his supposed consent completely irrelevant (I'd guess that must be a loophole "rulers" of this world/game use to deprive people of stats and skills..).

Not that Hugo did not deserve such a "punishment", and much more. As a general rule the say that "if you wound a lion you'd better kill it or it will come back and attack you harder next time" (it is disgraceful for lions to compare Hugo to them so I sincerely apologize to all lions..). In the case of Hugo it appears that he will return with some strong demon friends who will undoubtedly exploit his idiotic lust for power.. Narcissists like Hugo are very easy to manipulate, and Hugo's psychopathology has moved well beyond mere narcissism to full-blown solipsism.

So this world/game has at least four (or more) "senior administrators". I doubt Oka-chan is Senior Administrator D since she does not like her students to gather very high stats (maybe, just maybe, because it will be more difficult to control them?), so it's unlikely that she would make Kumoko the "Ruler of Wisdom" just because she wished for it. However Oka-chan must surely have Senior Admin level authority as well. I wonder if she had to work to reach that level or if she automatically gained it for free just because she was an adult (and thus purportedly "more responsible").

I love how this chapter retroactively makes Oka looks even more suspicious.
In Episode 1 when she was questioned if another student was turned into a monster she said "From the 11 I have taken care none of them was reincarnated as a monster", in that moment when thought that she only knew about those 11 but in this chapter she clearly says that she knows about all the students. Then, aside from the 4 that died and the 2 she's going to meet soon when she talked about the 3 missing students she used the word "reach" which implies that she knows where they are.

I think that Oka knows about Kumoko but right now can't go where she is because she's on the middle stratum of the Labyrinth.
Feb 19, 2021 6:42 PM
Mar 2015
Hugo thought he was a god while Kumiko realizes that someone out there is watching everything she does
Feb 19, 2021 7:09 PM

Jan 2011
so on the isekai bingo chart, loli/sensei is also totally has GM god powers to remove skills in this super not game world that might be a game world but mayyyybeee not?

the fighting choreography continues to be god awful

girl at the end caught my eye though
Feb 19, 2021 7:16 PM

Jul 2009
linkhuesitos said:
Technically, she's part of the problem.
NGNL episode 1, Sora
There is no way to know the rules, or the goal, yet there are 7 billion players making whatever moves they want. If you lose too much, or win too much, there are penalties. You can't pass your turn, and if you talk too much, you'll be ostracized. There are no parameters and no way to even know the genre. This world is just... a crappy game.

linkhuesitos said:
I think that Oka knows about Kumoko but right now can't go where she is because she's on the middle stratum of the Labyrinth.
(Spoiler - limited spoiler to reduce impact)
Feb 19, 2021 7:19 PM
Dec 2017
kyled00m said:
linkhuesitos said:
Technically, she's part of the problem.
NGNL episode 1, Sora
There is no way to know the rules, or the goal, yet there are 7 billion players making whatever moves they want. If you lose too much, or win too much, there are penalties. You can't pass your turn, and if you talk too much, you'll be ostracized. There are no parameters and no way to even know the genre. This world is just... a crappy game.

linkhuesitos said:
(Spoiler - limited spoiler to reduce impact)

Feb 19, 2021 7:29 PM

Jan 2013
As expected, Kumoko is even more OP now, i hope we can see her fight potential with all that she has learned. She just gotta continue what she's been doing to survive, with time she might be able to find answers, especially now since she knows that there are admins in this world, lmao

Damn, the teacher is so OP! No wonder tho, with such a skill that she possesses, anythings possible! But i can't wait for them to meet Kumoko in the future.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 19, 2021 10:14 PM

May 2018
All the drama with Hugo feels really forced. Absolutely no reason behind it other than a plot point for Schlain.
Feb 20, 2021 12:03 AM

Nov 2009
The Human parts felt too awkward for me.

I like the spider parts WAY better and more interesting to watch.

And I guess we got that "ruler" skill being used and how it works (which Kumo obtained but can't use it yet)

Also, Sensei mentioned they sorta have info on all the students.

But 4 of them are dead and the other 3 (or 2) are a secret.

We saw one of those, presumably the girl at the end, which is hinted to be a Demon.

So that means the other 2 might also be Demon or Monster.

However... the interesting thing is... didn't Sensei said she couldn't contact Wakaba aka Kumo? So is she counted or not counted as one of those sensei said it's a secret?...

Meaning, does Sensei actually knows Kumo's a spider? or is Sensei just guessing Kumo being a Demon or Monster? hmm...

Other thing, didn't Sensei said she's around the same age as the other students? but apparently Sensei also traveled around the world to search and gather the students in a short amount of time? I feel like it'll be a lot more interesting to watch Sensei's Life-story instead of this Shun guy.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Feb 20, 2021 12:10 AM
Jun 2020
Hate the human ark. Skipskipskip
More spider time
Feb 20, 2021 12:55 AM
Jan 2021
OK. We've seen both pieces of a changed scene between this and the LN, so it's no longer a spoiler.
In the Light Novel, this scene is combined with the Earth Wyrm scene-the Earth Wyrm is the monster brought in by Hugo et al.

This episode is mostly setup for future events - important setup, but still setup.

Feb 20, 2021 1:00 AM
Apr 2020
Kumoko is becoming more and more OP! She even received a "Ruler of Wisdom" gift from Senior Admin D. The possibilities of her skills seems endless.

Oka-sensei is quite OP too! She deleted Hugo's skills jist like that!

Hugo is really problematic and annoying. lol

Feb 20, 2021 1:18 AM
Sep 2016
Aure0lin said:
cristinacke28 said:
they are in a simulation

amlg said:

Other thing, didn't Sensei said she's around the same age as the other students? but apparently Sensei also traveled around the world to search and gather the students in a short amount of time? I feel like it'll be a lot more interesting to watch Sensei's Life-story instead of this Shun guy.

I agree, no matter what anyone else say, Oka-chan is one of my personal best 5 FEMALE chars in the series (first being Shiraori, second being Ariel, third being Sophia, and Oka-chan in 4th place), as well as one of anime/LN's best teacher chars.

Regarding Oka-chan's adventure, she started on gathering the reincarnators just right after her birth as explained further in this spoiler bellow:

amlg said:
However... the interesting thing is... didn't Sensei said she couldn't contact Wakaba aka Kumo? So is she counted or not counted as one of those sensei said it's a secret?...

The answer is within this spoiler:

We saw one of those, presumably the girl at the end, which is hinted to be a Demon.

Sharpedon said:

Admins and rulers are different beings.
uncleqrowFeb 20, 2021 1:56 AM
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Feb 20, 2021 1:37 AM

Feb 2020
Kumoko's interactions with herself are just hilarious. :) The episode gave us lots of information. Let's see what's going to happen next..
Feb 20, 2021 1:59 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Evil eye despite the name sure is quite the powerful attack. Looks like apart from Kumoko and Feirune that there are others that may have arrived in this world as non humans. Hugo though is such a moron having such an excessive amount of pride in him. Still looking at his skills he's at least trained himself extensively. Filmo sure managed to end that battle with Hugo pretty effortlessly with her magic. But her forced deskilling of Hugo sure was a sight. Still its nice to see her act more like a teacher for once. The existence of D though sure introduced some interesting questions though. Looks like Sophia is finally making her entrance to the series. Overall an interesting ep that served to expand upon the cast quite a bit in the form of Filmo's skill as well as Hugo's overwhelming desire to be the king by any means necessary. With Sophia's entrance feels like things will only get harder for Schlain.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 20, 2021 2:49 AM

Apr 2014
Sharpedon said:
However Oka-chan must surely have Senior Admin level authority as well.

The fight choreography and camera angles on the human side continue to be utterly, mind-bogglingly atrocious. I dont think Ive ever seen an anime have bad camera angles before...

Though, an interest thought about it that I saw, which is spoilers for LN vol10

I guess it doesnt really forgive just how bad it looks, and I honestly doubt that's the idea (and even if it is, it was quite clearly a *bad* idea), but it did at least help me be a little less bothered by it to imagine that's what's happening.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
anime-primeFeb 20, 2021 9:35 PM
Feb 20, 2021 3:40 AM

Apr 2020
Juan__Jesus said:
SupChoco said:
This episode was weird. The frame freezed for several seconds ... and they didn't even add the ending song or the preview for the next episode.
Maybe the episode was rushed ? I hope they don't have production problems.
I saw it right in crunchyroll idk what are you talking about

Oh okay, might have been just me when watching on a streaming website.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

366 by Rimuru_11407 »»
Apr 21, 6:07 AM

» So there's no romance in there?

rishamr - Mar 25

12 by SwordBreaker36 »»
Apr 19, 5:07 AM

» As a LN reader, it hurts that this probably won't get another season

NXT_2006 - Feb 15, 2023

14 by DonKhixote »»
Apr 5, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 8, 2021

331 by Ratris_Decision »»
Mar 5, 2:46 AM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2021

232 by HHD1996 »»
Feb 23, 6:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.