Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Cells at Work!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 18, 2021 9:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Just like real life, Cancer is a major threat to humanity.

I'm convinced that they are not just a threat but also represents the aspect of death in this show. Pretty impressive how they made Cancer so malicious in a fictional anime tbh. It seems to also be one the final antagonist of this second season.

Watching the human body struggle feels like watching a war.
Feb 18, 2021 9:30 AM
Jul 2018
wow a lot of stuff really went down this episode, that battle with cancer cell was really tense, animation was nice, fighting looked great. that regulatory t cell is kinda dumb, but i guess it can’t be helped that she’s on cancer cell’s side since that’s the way she works. this situation is looking really bad though, bacteria spreading throughout the body and stuff too… hope the platelets and red blood cell can get away safely. ordinary cell was really a chad at the end there saving the lactic acid bacterium. hope he that he can survie somehow but he's probably gonna get killed by those other bacterias... maybe another cell will come save him?

also, actually think cancer cell’s design is one of the best in this anime, probably the coolest looking cell we’ve seen so far imo. also, is neutrophil 1146 gonna die? that wound looked quite dangerous but i hope he's alright…

cant believe theres only one episode left of this show for the season. just thought that this frame of cancer cell looked kinda cool too

Feb 18, 2021 9:30 AM

Jul 2017
The 2-part finale: Cancer Cell (Part 1).

NK, Memory T and Neutrophil U-1146 vs. Cancer Cell, Round 2. The hands of fate are drawn once again.

What an intense situation in the body, almost becoming Code Black status. Cancer and Regulatory T vs. NK and Memory T, with Regulatory T being a neutral party that benefits the body.

By this point, there's no turning back: Cancer Cell is on a new rage, and in protection from Regulatory T, the odds are stacked against the good guys. Even more worse is Ordinary Cell with Lactic Acid Bacteria against the horde of harmful bacteria, the severity is high and nigh.

Next episode, the conclusion of Season 2 (before you have a chance to watch the tie-in movie worth 4-5 episodes long).
Feb 18, 2021 9:32 AM
Sep 2015
There's probably a reason why the show make body get attack by cancer cell and harmful bacteria at the same time.

And WBC X Killer T-Cell (Now Memory T-Cell) ship is confirmed!
Feb 18, 2021 9:34 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow the situation of the body is actually really tense because of the cancer cell, I hope that they'll manage to get rid of it in the next and final episode, it would be original to see the death of the body for the last episode but it would be weird from this series on the other hand, it would be good for Black though
Feb 18, 2021 9:45 AM

Jun 2019
That was a tense episode. As we are moving towards the final episode for the season, we're going to see some action in the last episode as well. I hope, they get rid of the Cancer Cell.
Feb 18, 2021 10:46 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Damm cancer cell really got an upgrade since the last time we saw him. Its nice to see Regulatory T cell finally make her entry to the season. Though its too bad that in this case she's too reliant on her own duties and treats the immunes as hostiles even though cancer cell should be an enemy. Curious at where this will end though since it implies that cancer cell has a specific role within this body.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 18, 2021 11:03 AM

Mar 2020
It almost seems impossible for anyone to stop Cancer Cell. He's on a rampage and with Regulatory T Cell on his side, the body is doomed. Curious to know if this situation can be turned around and how.
Feb 18, 2021 11:35 AM

Sep 2019
Regulatory T Cell is really strong and they obviously couldn't beat her. Hearing Hayami Saori was good. Only 1 epsiode left, it looks like they'll wrap it up with this arc.
Feb 18, 2021 11:53 AM

Jul 2013
The feeling of hopelessness is noticeable. They are all screwed, I wonder what will save them at the end.

Can't believe it will end next episode. It was good while it lasted.
Feb 18, 2021 12:27 PM

Jun 2013
They really used like 3 minutes of footage from the last episode bruh
Feb 18, 2021 12:57 PM

Mar 2019
There has to be a big cumback in the last episode... The situation seems so hopeless for the moment...
Feb 18, 2021 1:23 PM

Jan 2020
So is the regulatory cell an important factor for the cancer cell to thrive? that's bad

Multiple problems in the body, actually this is how it happens but personally I had a hard time keeping up with the episode

The movie will be from this series, isn't it? And will it be about covid?

Humans may have two eyes, but we can only see one thing
Don't use the scores to see an anime
ええい! なんでも やって やる
Feb 18, 2021 1:42 PM

Jan 2017
ldanes said:
So is the regulatory cell an important factor for the cancer cell to thrive? that's bad

Multiple problems in the body, actually this is how it happens but personally I had a hard time keeping up with the episode

I am actually kind of confused cause I heard the movie covered volume 5 and I'm pretty sure these last few episodes, with the good bacteria and the cancer cell are from volume 5, so I've been wondering if these two arcs are actually the movie split into episodes? Even the poster for the movie looks like it imo...
Feb 18, 2021 1:43 PM

May 2020
For a moment I thought Hakkekkyuu got killed off T_T
So the cancer cell just upgraded to an angel looking cells!?
Feb 18, 2021 1:52 PM

Dec 2013
holiday498 said:
ldanes said:

I am actually kind of confused cause I heard the movie covered volume 5 and I'm pretty sure these last few episodes, with the good bacteria and the cancer cell are from volume 5, so I've been wondering if these two arcs are actually the movie split into episodes? Even the poster for the movie looks like it imo...

Apparently the movie is the same thing as episodes 4 through 8.
Feb 18, 2021 1:54 PM

Jan 2017
Stardust262 said:
holiday498 said:

Yeah thought so, thanks for the clarification
Feb 18, 2021 2:51 PM

Apr 2015
Quite interesting to see that the Regulatory T Cell actually protects the cancer cells, which makes it able to spread and stuff. Surprised to see that I didn't know this until now. Everything makes sense now.

They really are in a pinch though with Regulatory T Cell backing up Cancer Cell. To think next week is already the finale.

Stardust262 said:
holiday498 said:

That's good to know, that way I won't have to bother with the movie or end up disappointed. Thanks for the info!
Feb 18, 2021 3:10 PM

Mar 2019
Nyooooooooo, nyo, nyo, nyooo
Feb 18, 2021 8:04 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Its about time a healthy body received a well-worthed challenge and such a dangerous situations. Irony. They fought againts their old comrade and enemy again, gan saibou. Talk about work philosophy, eh, cancer? I call it a resemblance of a trash talk among the rl toxic internet commenters. Good shit to lengthened the duration, tho. Lol.

Its about time too the narrator cell took a big role to misunderstood her job description. Its could possibly happen through the immune system cycle, unmatching order, fought within their self, until the threat got wild and late to be cured. Still, i can't help but chuckle seeing her narrated while doing her voicing job. When the other side of the world, rbc-chan and a lot of adorable Platelet-chans still tried their cute ass to get out of those wrecked intestine tissues.

Also, the ordinary cell-kun finally letting go that nyuuyu good bacteria. I guess the possible outsider savior antigen might've they get again at these last time. But, its looks like a massive amount of a good bacters via that baby black bacter call, shall be the true help to prevent any worst shit happened at their beloved healthy body. Lets see how they wrapped up the last episode, really looking forward to it.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 18, 2021 8:53 PM
Sep 2013
Not gonna lie thought I was watching Cells at Work Black for a hot minute. It wasn't the typical funny Cells at Work I was used to watching especially after Black. Nonetheless a very good episode! Can't wait to see the finale!
Feb 18, 2021 9:09 PM

Oct 2017
Cancer cell cringe af, just die already bitch and never come back. Also lol Regulatory T cell is dumb af. I hope Memory T thrashes her in next episode.
Feb 18, 2021 10:44 PM
Sep 2019
Now i know why death rate for people who got cancer are high. Regulatory T cell -_-
Feb 18, 2021 11:43 PM

Dec 2015
Does this episode kind of feel like déjà vu for anyone else? Wasn't there a cancer cell fight in the last season or was I just imagining it? I just noticed that this season only has 8 episodes. Does anyone know why? I mean, the first season had 13. That makes me sad.
Feb 19, 2021 3:51 AM
Jul 2018
cancer cell looks like kaneki ken trying to imitate tetsuo
Feb 19, 2021 7:40 AM
Apr 2019
Despair by Ken Kane... No. It was caused by cancer cell. Next episode is the final one.
Feb 19, 2021 8:02 AM

Jan 2018
Feb 19, 2021 8:49 AM

Oct 2016
Pretty great episode! Even as a cell Subaru is still suffering.

I like how they made Cancer cells motivation all about liberating all the cells through death or some shit, it honestly really makes sense for cancer cell lmao. He looked hella badass though this episode especially with that shot with his wings. Regulatory T Cell is cool too and she's just doing her job so I can't blame her since Cancer cell is technically not an external threat.

1 more episode left fuck. But from the preview it's gonna be great. I hoper there's at least a movie after this season to conclude the series, would be nice.
Feb 19, 2021 10:07 AM

Jun 2017
Stardust262 said:
holiday498 said:

Eh that's such a waste then. It would have been interesting if the movie was about covid but I guess since there is pretty much no material left at this point to adapt they went this route instead.
Feb 19, 2021 11:48 AM

Feb 2014
Cancer cell is back and not only has he returned with a vengeance, but he also had the Regulatory T Cell on his side as well. She's no slouch as she makes Memory T Cell look like a weakling (again) and she even use the environment around her to stop NK Cell's advancement, too.

Poor U1146 is stuck, being held captive while his allies fight a battle that they can't win. Although Cancer Cell is winning, I do have to say that his winged transformation looked really cool.

Meanwhile, the cell boy and the lactic acid blob had a tough time with the harmful bacteria attacking them both. With no other choice, cell boy had to convince the good lactic bacteria to run away, which actually made for a rather sad scene, even more so when the poor blob started to cry. =(

The final episode is not far away, as I'm sure the turnaround of this fight will come into play soon enough. =)
Feb 19, 2021 1:11 PM

Apr 2018
What Cancer cell said was really shitty to WBC. Cancer is a threat and has taken so many lives of people just by proliferating. On top of that Regulatory T cell thinks that Cancer Cell is a good guy.

This is gonna be tough, I wonder how they are going to get over this.
Feb 19, 2021 3:45 PM

Jan 2021
This episode was super intense. I don't want White Blood Cell to die, I hope he's ok! I also don't want Ordinary Cell to die ( but judging by the previews I don't think he will). It was interesting to learn about Regulatory T-Cell. And am I the only one who likes Cancer Cell?
Feb 19, 2021 7:29 PM
Jan 2020
wow they really made cancer the uber boss menace it actually is.
The inmune cells seem to be on the ropes I think next episode chemoterapy is gonna come in like a nuke to take out the cancer and th cells are gonna be left dealing with the aftermath. Cant wait to see what happens
Feb 19, 2021 7:35 PM
Jan 2020
kind of wierd that the supposedly healthy body is actually way sicker than the continuously drinking and smoking overworked one from HS black
Feb 19, 2021 9:22 PM
Feb 2020
I love cancer cell, he's my favorite. I'd die for him...well I'd probably die because of him.... meh worth it.
Feb 20, 2021 2:03 AM
Apr 2020
Cancer Cell came back more powerful and creating chaos, he even mutated and on the verge of spreading to other parts of the body. Too bad, Regulatory T Cell failed to classify what cells are harmful and not.

Next episode will be the last for this season, I guess the final lactic acid bacterium will finally be activated together with other lactic acid bacteria.

Feb 20, 2021 7:43 AM

Dec 2013
This was supposed to be the comfy side of Hataraku Saibou, super intense episode with no good outcome on sight, shame only one episode left.
Feb 20, 2021 9:16 AM

Apr 2020
Funny how Hataraku Saibou is a cute and happy show, but when things get serious I feel like I forget how to breath.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Feb 20, 2021 9:32 AM
Oct 2019
Wow so is this why in real life people can't be cured from Cancer???
Damn Regulatory T Cell...
This is all your fault, well kinda

This episode just so depressing, are we in Code Black right now? Lol
Feb 20, 2021 9:49 AM

Mar 2017
This body is in some real trouble! The motive the writers have created for Cancers antagonism is so clever with the whole thing of wanting all cells to be truly free but knowing that it means destroying the body.

My heart broke when Saibou Kun chased off Lactic Acid Bacteria and sacrificed himself to keep him safe! The finale next week is gonna be amazing!
Feb 20, 2021 12:11 PM

Jul 2016
Well, shit sure went down this episode and unfortunately, Regulatory T-Cell's presence isn't making things any easier for WBC and co. So far, fight against Cancer Cell is being really overwhelming and tense but let's hope Lactic Acid Bacterium's intervention can turn the tables in the finale.
Feb 20, 2021 1:06 PM

Oct 2011
Always found it amusing how cancer is represented by the edgy antagonist trope trying to justify his existence.
Feb 21, 2021 1:15 AM

Oct 2008
probably the most despair episode since last episode won't despair because its gonna be (supposed to be) last episode...

Feb 21, 2021 7:48 PM

Jan 2016
Wow just one episode left. The disadvantages of short seasons huh... As of now, the body is screwed and something really big has to happen in next episode.
THANKS SENPIEX
Feb 23, 2021 11:22 PM
May 2010
so why is Killer T now Memory T?

i don't get it
Feb 24, 2021 3:31 PM

Feb 2012
David Pro doesn't disappoint when it comes to fight scenes. The Regulatory T Cell is here to remind us that real cells aren't sentient and are just biochemical machinery, she does her job and only does her job. NK and Memory T lack the teamwork and coordination to get pass her through to the cancer cell.

Didn't expect U-1146 to be treated like that..

Will a deus ex machina treatment arrive in time???

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Mar 22, 2021 4:55 AM

Feb 2020
Pretty depressing episode. Damn that Cancer Cell..
Apr 2, 2021 8:41 AM

Aug 2016
This went pretty dark for regular Cells at work episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2021 3:04 AM

Dec 2020
I know this is based off how they actually react in real life, but Regulatory T cell and characters in general that don't listen and are overly dense annoy me so much.
Dec 20, 2021 6:04 AM

Jul 2015
Cancer cell definitely got some huge upgrades making him almost incomparable to his first appearance.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou!! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

yvsei - Feb 25, 2021

106 by sanjis-balls »»
Apr 13, 4:24 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou!! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Feb 11, 2021

58 by bubba460z »»
Feb 22, 9:20 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou!! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Feb 4, 2021

57 by bubba460z »»
Feb 22, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou!! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

yvsei - Jan 28, 2021

67 by bubba460z »»
Feb 22, 2:58 PM

Poll: » Hataraku Saibou!! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

yvsei - Jan 21, 2021

68 by bubba460z »»
Feb 22, 8:09 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.