Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 18, 2021 8:57 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This is practice session is important for the learning process for everyone.

Personally, I believe everyone on the teams have a lot of potential but it's up to themselves to learn from their own skills. In the meantime, I hope the pacing picks up more. Seems like the story doesn't really improve all that much despite all the amounts of drama.
Feb 18, 2021 9:48 AM
Jul 2018
that practice match was pretty cool, nice to finally see some volleyball gameplay in a volleyball anime.
Feb 18, 2021 10:01 AM
Sep 2015
There are a lot of shipping couple in this episode, they even sleep together now!

If Oda get to play despite being a short stature, then it's just another Haikyu. The fact that he plan not to play is a uniqueness of this anime. This is not an anime that the louder player win.
Feb 18, 2021 10:09 AM

Jun 2019
Finally a practice match. Seems like they're trying to put captain Oda out for the qualifiers to test new things out or to make some adjustments in the team strategy. Gonna have to look, how that's going to be.
Feb 18, 2021 10:19 AM

Oct 2009
Goes to show that you can be a genius and still be awkward af with other people, because you don't see the world through their regular eyes. Gotta love how the conflict actually gets resolved via discussions instead of letting things boil and explode. The private session at the end was especially great to see.
Feb 18, 2021 10:28 AM

Jun 2014
That practice match was educational for them. They have to become better to defeat Subaru, and now they know what to expect.

Feb 18, 2021 10:50 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
It's nice to see that Oda actually listened to Hajima's suggestion, and took the responsible choice of stepping down from the starting roster to benefit the team, instead of just using his power as team captain to satisfy an ego.

It's also nice to see less cringe blushing moments.
Feb 18, 2021 10:52 AM
Dec 2020
I like how the matches aren’t so intense like in haikyuu.

The way the characters keep blushing at each other like that....i can’t take it it’s too much lol
Feb 18, 2021 10:59 AM

May 2020
Subaru's demon bazooka was nice, finally we got some sport action in all this lol!!!
It was satisfying that Oda thought through Haijima's suggestion and decided to sit the next match out, even though everyone was against it, that's what a great captain does ^^
Feb 18, 2021 11:03 AM

Jul 2017
A practice match between Seiin and Fukuho, and hoping this'll help understand character relations a lot better than what they started out with.

This is only one of few times where David Production gets to flex the volleyball-playing visuals to make it Haikyuu!-like, whilst not making it stand out too much like the latter.

In every team, there's always someone who's the black sheep, and the best medicine for that is to utilize the weaknesses to their strengths to beat out the stand-outs, in this case Fukuho's Subaru Mimura.

The private conversation between Haijima and Yuni, this looks like a ship NGL, but it's to reaffirm their partnership with the use of volleyball.
Feb 18, 2021 11:11 AM

Nov 2019
Nice episode, not to mention, we get more development of another character from Seiin's volleyball club. That practice match was great, wish we could've got the scores for the other sets, but the first one was a 25-21 win for Fukuho. I'm sure they'll catch up soon enough. For the record, the amount of times Subaru has said he'll take his team to the Spring Interhigh will probably hurt later on...Just calling it right now~
Feb 18, 2021 12:34 PM

Apr 2009
Man this show is really so mediocre, it's remarkable how nothing really stands out. I'm not really sure myself why I stuck with this so far.

It also seems to go always so fast for some reason.
Jin_uzukiFeb 18, 2021 1:36 PM

Feb 18, 2021 12:45 PM

Jun 2020
The match was fun and had a nice ost. But it was over so fast as usual. I wish we got to see more volleyball in this show, although the animation for the games isn't all that.

It seems Haijima's gaining a conscience. He still annoys me, but let's see where this development takes him. I'm also a little upset that they're benching Oda. Him stepping down like that was very admirable. But he's the only character that has made me want to root for him in the series so far.
korix_Feb 18, 2021 1:13 PM
Feb 18, 2021 12:54 PM

Apr 2018
The end of the episode was a bit weird. There was the perfect chance for character development for Haijima. But it all went flat by Kuroba talking nonsense for no reason. I think there's a problem with the writing of 2.43. Things never go through the end like they should I feel.
Feb 18, 2021 3:40 PM
Oct 2019
Jesus fuck, they 4-touch the ball so many fucking times it's unreal.

I really think 2.43 is a fever dream.
Feb 18, 2021 4:56 PM

Mar 2020
Some of the spikes and serves this episode sounded like gunshots and rockets xD. Let's not forget this is a volleyball game.
Feb 18, 2021 5:34 PM

Apr 2020
weeell, Subaru stole the spotlight!
the match practice was interesting but the blushes still there without consequences (ಠ⌣ಠ)
i have to say it made me a little funny that he said 8-man (or hachi-something) to Haijima and foolishly reminded me 8man from oregairu

Kanno senpai said what everyone thought. i'd like to see a little more about him. besides i like his design with freckles. however, i liked that Oda still took Haijima's proposal into consideration. it'd not be something sooo new that a senior "declines" in favor of the team, but coming from the captain its a bit shocking

perhaps it was subtle but Haijima shows a bit of vulnerability and growt, being able to ask Yuni his doubts. (btw. Kuroba's family has a nice naisu house, they're important people to the town, right?)
Feb 18, 2021 10:16 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Loved the volleyball game in the first half! While the characters aren't always perfectly on model, the attention (and exaggeration) on the impact of the volleyball makes the game so exciting to watch! I had to keep rewinding to rewatch parts of the game because it was that good ^^ I especially love the part where Subaru dived and then another member dived to get the ball right on top of him, ugh, so good.

As for the drama of the week (hehe), I like how we get to understand Haijima even more. We know that he was nervous about visiting his previous school because that incident did have a bit impact on him, but it's clear that he almost operates fully on logic. If it's logical to take Oda off for the game against Subaru's school, then he'll say it. He did end up feeling awkward and bad about how the conversation went down, since he's not that obtuse, and even ended up trying to understand some things with Yuni's help. I think it's good that he's learning more and more about how to interact with others, and it's great that the team understands that he's giving very reasonable suggestions for the sake of the team's goal, even if they did not like how he went about it.

Haijima's logical personality is hard to get along with, including the part with how he is indeed talented, even if practicing hard is a part of why he's so skilled. The conversation Yuni had with Uchimura was interesting. I even found myself agreeing with Uchimura, that to work so hard at something is kind of like a skill in itself. Maybe more like, that level of motivation is not something everyone has, it definitely seems to come easier to Haijima.

Haijima going to Yuni for advice was great. He's not the type to discuss these things with others, so it's a step forward for him, and it also shows how much the conversation with the club had affected him. I love how you could tell how awkward he felt with him wiggling his toes :'D And OnoKen's voice acting, how he changed his talking speed and then his words becoming quieter at the end of some sentences. It's probably really hard to get along with someone like Haijima, but I'm glad Yuni and him are friends, even if they also fight sometimes, lol.

Other notable things that happened in this episode that I liked: Subaru leaving the rest of the sets to his teammates, how he says he wants to protect so many things. Oda's decision at the end with putting himself on the bench.
tingyFeb 18, 2021 10:45 PM
Feb 18, 2021 11:00 PM

Oct 2017
That match was bland, I didn't felt a thing watching the match. Also it went back to drama after it. So Oda decided to leave the starting line up after all, this'll proly affect the team's mentality.
Feb 18, 2021 11:24 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah, finally, another real volleyball game! Even if its just a practices, those Subaru bazooka guy really too strong to handle. Nice warming up session before meeting the actual match, for both of teams. But damn, the blushing somehow distracted much. Thank goodness its just over in a little glimpse.

Anyway, drama part intensified again after Chika told his strategy against those ace. Its not a good time, but surely understandable and important matter to spoke it out a loud as soon as possible. Obviously the guys just couldn't handle it much. Its not because they dissaggree. They just, kinda, dislike the timing and the chemistry around them, bolded by Kanno line. Oda looked pretty much fucked up, but he always be a wise young man in the end of the episode with his decision. Dunno the impact of it to the team. So lets see how well it goes at the next episode.

Last mention at the boys good lone chat near the end. Chika felt regret? No way! Well, i don't have anything to say with their blabbering there except it must be good to their next episode. Lets see...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 19, 2021 1:06 AM

Sep 2019
I liked Subaru's bazooka, it looked really powerful. Haijima and Kuroba's friendship will probably develop further.
Feb 19, 2021 7:30 AM
Jul 2018
the practice match was pretty nice and thank god there was less blushing this episode.
Feb 19, 2021 12:17 PM

Oct 2020
Man I feel for Oda. I know having to make that decision to sit out hurt, especially over something he can't control. He sounded like he was handling it like a champ though when he was telling their coach.
Feb 19, 2021 8:09 PM

Oct 2016
Fine episode, the practice match was cool with David Pro just flexing their sound effects again. While watching the match I was like, who's the real protagonist here? lmao.

I guess the problem with Haijima is he's too insensitive and thinks very logically, he's deciding based on what's best for the team while not considering other's feelings, well we knew that from the start. At least he's starting to feel regret with it now.
Feb 21, 2021 12:43 AM

Oct 2008
Seiin practice match against Fukuho didn't go well and they even lost because of mere height difference! So Haijima decided not to let Oda participate for the Sake of winning...of course more of the members didn't like his decision. well kinda bit of drama there but not too much...
4/5.

Feb 21, 2021 3:17 AM
Jul 2018
Oda left the team, I really am enjoying this anime the episode matches it was nice it shows that the team is not weak or crumbling.
Feb 21, 2021 9:56 AM

Apr 2018
there's dramatic sound effects and then there's that one dig that straight up sounded like bones breaking lmaooo

It was nice to see that Chika at least tried to explain himself/figure out why what he said was insensitive, really wish Yuni hadn't just completely ignored everything he said tho. It might seem obvious to most people why his request might be upsetting, but as somebody a bit similar to Chika I gotta say that nah, sometimes other people just seem sorta irrational. These things can be learnt and with age comes emotional intelligence and maturity, but he's basically a kid and somebody actually explaining these things to him could help him out a lot. That being said, Yuni is also just a kid and it's probably not fair to expect any better rom him either.
Feb 22, 2021 6:02 PM

Jul 2016
Redemption episode for this so-so series. Probably the best one in terms of pacing and drama execution. "Practice match" was intense as fuck, by the way.
Mar 5, 2021 8:10 AM

Aug 2015
Great to see an actual match last a few minutes!
#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
Mar 9, 2021 11:27 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice it's finally beginning for the real volley part
May 11, 2021 2:37 AM

Jul 2015
Pretty nice practice match, a lot better than the usual matches but still bit bland. Seems like Haijima brought up placing Oda on the bench as he is the weakest point which is quite the sensitive topic for the rest of the team to handle.

Jun 2, 2023 8:57 AM

Dec 2022
Seems like Fukuho is actually pretty strong, but they don't give off a strong vibe because they're always relying on their ace and the other characters in the team don't even shine.

More topics from this board

Poll: » 2.43: Seiin Koukou Danshi Volley-bu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2021

64 by fiveguysshake »»
Apr 16, 12:15 PM

Poll: » 2.43: Seiin Koukou Danshi Volley-bu Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2021

43 by fiveguysshake »»
Apr 16, 8:42 AM

Poll: » 2.43: Seiin Koukou Danshi Volley-bu Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2021

35 by fiveguysshake »»
Apr 16, 8:24 AM

Poll: » 2.43: Seiin Koukou Danshi Volley-bu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2021

53 by fiveguysshake »»
Apr 13, 10:37 AM

Poll: » 2.43: Seiin Koukou Danshi Volley-bu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jan 7, 2021

155 by fiveguysshake »»
Apr 13, 7:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.