Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 18, 2021 6:51 AM

Dec 2018
What will possibly be the S3? A cour 2 of Raihousha-hen or a new adaptation/arc?
HavocRS7Feb 18, 2021 6:55 AM
Feb 18, 2021 2:12 PM
Nov 2019
Raihousha-hen is finished. Although some details were skipped/changed, the anime did adapt it. The next arcs in the light novel are the Double Seven arc, the Steeplechase arc and the Ancient City Insurrection arc. Double Seven and Steeplechase are both one volume each, so they shouldn’t take over 5 episodes each to adapt. Ancient City Insurrection is 2 volumes and is packed with details, so it would probably take about 9 episodes to adapt properly. I’m not sure which arcs will be adapted and which ones will be skipped if a season 3 is announced, but Double Seven arc is the one I’m guessing would be skipped if a 13 episode new season was announced. Hope that helped.
Feb 18, 2021 2:47 PM

Dec 2018
IshanK11 said:
Raihousha-hen is finished. Although some details were skipped/changed, the anime did adapt it. The next arcs in the light novel are the Double Seven arc, the Steeplechase arc and the Ancient City Insurrection arc. Double Seven and Steeplechase are both one volume each, so they shouldn’t take over 5 episodes each to adapt. Ancient City Insurrection is 2 volumes and is packed with details, so it would probably take about 9 episodes to adapt properly. I’m not sure which arcs will be adapted and which ones will be skipped if a season 3 is announced, but Double Seven arc is the one I’m guessing would be skipped if a 13 episode new season was announced. Hope that helped.

Yes, you clarify it a lot, much thanks, btw I read over some topic here there's a Ten House Clan arc(something like that), If there's something like that and since you didn't mention that then I assumed this arc is far to be adapt, right?

One last question, the end of Raihousha-hen start in another arc, or is good done? I just hope they adapt it all you said and hopefully without a lot of rush.
Feb 18, 2021 3:00 PM
Nov 2019
Yes, there is an arc called Master Clans Conference arc. It spans 3 volumes and is slightly further ahead in the series. To clarify this, the Ancient City Insurrection arc covers volume 14 and 15 of the Light Novel. Volume 16 is the Yotsuba Succession arc and the Master Clans Conference arc consists of volume 17, 18 and 19. So it definitely wouldn’t be adapted in season 3.

I’m not sure what your second question is, but I’ll try and answer what I think it is. Raihousha-hen was adapted in the first 11 episodes of season 2. The last 2 episodes of this season adapted an spin-off type story written by the author of Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei. So Raihousha-hen ended with episode 11 of season 2. Some content from the light novels was skipped and some of it was changed slightly, but overall the arc was adapted well. The end of season 2 was a scene from the start of the Double Seven arc, which implies that the arc may be covered in season 3.
Feb 19, 2021 2:33 PM

Dec 2018
IshanK11 said:
Yes, there is an arc called Master Clans Conference arc. It spans 3 volumes and is slightly further ahead in the series. To clarify this, the Ancient City Insurrection arc covers volume 14 and 15 of the Light Novel. Volume 16 is the Yotsuba Succession arc and the Master Clans Conference arc consists of volume 17, 18 and 19. So it definitely wouldn’t be adapted in season 3.

I’m not sure what your second question is, but I’ll try and answer what I think it is. Raihousha-hen was adapted in the first 11 episodes of season 2. The last 2 episodes of this season adapted an spin-off type story written by the author of Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei. So Raihousha-hen ended with episode 11 of season 2. Some content from the light novels was skipped and some of it was changed slightly, but overall the arc was adapted well. The end of season 2 was a scene from the start of the Double Seven arc, which implies that the arc may be covered in season 3.

Yep,that was my last question, wasn't made properly, sorry about that. But yeah, you clarify everything to me, I really appreciated that, thank you so much!
Feb 19, 2021 2:41 PM
Nov 2019
No worries, glad I could help!
Feb 22, 2021 2:50 AM
Jun 2020
I honestly doubt a new season will come as the light novel already ended
Feb 26, 2021 1:41 AM
Oct 2019
I guess they'll skip vol 12 and start from vol 13.
if 13 episodes, then vol 13,14 and 15 will be adapted.
If 26 episodes, then we'll have 16, 17, 18, 19, since the last three cover the same event.

More topics from this board

» Lina's Weaknesses

FiddlePie - May 20, 2022

16 by Mq84jdk »»
Mar 1, 10:22 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Raihousha-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

z00nex - Oct 3, 2020

160 by amf85 »»
Feb 29, 6:36 PM

» Lina

Dabbingpotato - Feb 20

48 by TrickyHunter0506 »»
Feb 28, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Raihousha-hen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 26, 2020

125 by tofei »»
Jan 30, 10:19 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Raihousha-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2020

62 by tofei »»
Jan 30, 9:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.