Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 4, 2008 11:46 PM

Aug 2007
Oh man I can't wait for this to air, might even watch it RAW just to satisfy my itch.

I seriously hope that they tell the "true" end properly, I'm already preparing some kleenex just in case!

Anyone else here know how D.C.II will end?

PimpToadApr 6, 2008 12:45 AM
Apr 5, 2008 1:55 PM

Aug 2007
It should be if they do 12 episodes + 1 DVD only episode.

Trust me when I say that they should make 1 certain episode DVD only to build up some suspense xD
Apr 6, 2008 12:37 AM

Aug 2007
Hmm heres something I just noticed...

Minatsu seems to be missing from the official list of characters. Haha now if only Koko would have actually *insert spoiler here* then she wouldn't be in the list either...

More things that seem to have slipped my mind until now...
D.C.II aired during the fall, while the true storyline of D.C.II the novel didn't start until winter during Christmas. Quite brilliant really...they were able to tell the stories of Koko, Nanaka, and Minatsu without interfering with the game material. The most important part of the D.C.II story was told during winter->spring, so I guess it would make some sense to air it during the spring...

Even with the events that occurred with Koko and Nanaka...they were able to resolve it pretty well during season 1, therefore achieving a "reset" on season 2 where things are back to the way they were while proceeding normally with the story...

Ah it sucks knowing how the story will end ='(
*crosses fingers*
Hope they can surprise me with the ending that I want...xD
Apr 15, 2008 4:49 PM

Aug 2007
Eh I want this pic to be the anime pic...

Apr 20, 2008 12:04 PM

Dec 2007
I just watched the first episode of Second Season, and its looking promising. I wish I had not read the entry for D.C.II S.S. here on MAL, though, as that "Synopsis" they have is a *huge* spoiler.

They really ought to edit that information about Yoshiyuki out. >:-(
Apr 20, 2008 12:47 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
mdauben said:
I just watched the first episode of Second Season, and its looking promising. I wish I had not read the entry for D.C.II S.S. here on MAL, though, as that "Synopsis" they have is a *huge* spoiler.

They really ought to edit that information about Yoshiyuki out. >:-(

There are enough ways to report things like this. Edited.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
May 3, 2008 3:25 PM

Aug 2007
Should really update the DCII:SS anime page...
(Missing a lot of characters there) o_O

Anyhoo just finished downgrading Nanaka and Koko to supporting characters, hope a mod approves the change.
May 3, 2008 3:36 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
PimpToad said:
Anyhoo just finished downgrading Nanaka and Koko to supporting characters, hope a mod approves the change.

Done.

I wonder if ASF is still subbing this, I prefer their subs but there have been no releases besides episode 1.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
May 3, 2008 3:47 PM

Aug 2007
Chihiro is doing a pretty good job with the subs, I think the translator is also someone who has played the VN. I'm just glad that subs are now coming within hours of raw release rather than having to wait weeks? for episode 2 o-O
May 3, 2008 3:49 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I never waited for 'weeks' with the ASF subs of the first season. Dunno what's wrong this time.

I've seen quite a few grammar errors and typos in the Chihiro subs so I was going to wait. I'll wait some more I think, got enough other anime to watch.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
May 3, 2008 3:54 PM

Aug 2007
picky...=P

I think playing through VN's with machine translators made me immune to grammar errors, so I rarely even notice them anymore...xD
May 11, 2008 6:39 PM

Aug 2007
To people who are still following the series,

Apparently, the people who cap the raws for DCII:SS has been arrested. There are currently no available raws on the interwebs, which explains why Chihiro hasn't released the episode yet.

(There is actually a raw on nicovideo, but who wants to watch flash video?) xD
May 12, 2008 3:34 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
That's the second time I heard this today. The other Anime was Wagaya no Oiniri-sama. But some Static managed to get their hands on a raw. This is becoming dangerous, heh.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
May 12, 2008 3:36 PM

Aug 2007
We owe them our anime...

*moment of silence for the brave heroes lost during this epic battle*
May 12, 2008 5:19 PM

Aug 2007
Huh I just finished skimming through the news article about the arrests...people sure can't keep a civil discussion...maybe because this is the internets?
May 13, 2008 6:45 PM

Apr 2008
anyone got a Synopsis for me? :)
May 13, 2008 7:07 PM

Aug 2007
I can write a brief synopsis of each episode for you if you want? o_O
May 16, 2008 1:26 PM

Apr 2008
I mean about the whole season.. that doesnt really spoil anything :) the current one for it is pretty "horrible"
May 16, 2008 3:43 PM

Aug 2007
Well the easiest way to summarize DCII is to say that it was a complete waste of time. Other than the whole Minatsu fiasco, nearly all the events that happened have no real connection to the original material. It was just basically an attempt to get all the girls some screen time, minus Anzu, Yume, and Otome for they were reserved for DCII:SS.

If you are interested in seeing some Koko angst, the ever annoying Minatsu, or the single episode featuring Shirakawa Nanaka, then DCII is the show for you! I think many will agree with me that the Nanaka episode is the only real episode worth watching in DCII.

I've been meaning to write a better summary for DCII and DCII:SS, but too lazy =P
May 16, 2008 4:41 PM

Apr 2008
>.< lmao... well when you can.. please do ^.^
Jun 17, 2008 7:09 PM

Nov 2007
The anime's geat and all...jsut wished more last season debuees would be in it other than 2 people. I mean we already have one 2 other VAs still working on Da Capo, only one is playing an Asakura this time, and another is just playing another generation of himself - with a little mystery fetish.
Jun 17, 2008 7:19 PM

Aug 2007
Are you talking about VA's or how the characters of DCII are being shafted?
Jun 23, 2008 4:38 AM

Nov 2007
Was anybody... good? Actually subbing this show? I've only seen two groups, one of which is widely known to be crap (Chihiro) the other having little to no reputation to rely on at all (ASF, though I admit their Potemayo wasn't bad.)

I may just wait until it's over and grab a batch of the best available stuff at the time. But unless people can vouch for Chihiro's quality on this particular project, I guess I'll wait for ASF.
Jun 23, 2008 4:49 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I'm watching Chihiro for the sake of keeping up with it, but I'm going to archive the ASF subs. They subbed other Da Capo season's and are quite a bit better than Chihiro.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jun 23, 2008 4:52 AM

Nov 2007
I have all the others by Shinsen, so was a little disappointed they didn't pick this up. But they've been suffering staff issues lately evidently (seen very little from them as of late, really.) but if ASF did all the past ones too, they should be good for this one, unlike a vulture group like Chihiro just doing speedsubs for epeen download counts.
Jun 23, 2008 3:47 PM

Aug 2007
Chihiro is awesome for a speedsub, can't ask for more really. Even Chihiro mentions to download the ASF releases, which you should given that they release the upscaled 720p version which looks much better. I don't like batches since they mostly come in torrents, I like my DDL's! xD

I'll gladly acknowledge Chihiro's e-peen size if they can keep up with same day releases. If I can get my sub on the same day, why wait weeks for the next group to release it?

Chihiro = Up to Date
ASF = EP7
Jul 4, 2008 7:28 PM
Mar 2008
Lol, look at the DC II ad at the top left in NHK ni Youkoso.

Jul 5, 2008 12:44 AM

Aug 2007
I don't mind that kind of product placement ;-)

Oh and this seems to be the only semi-active part of the forum, need to ask you all something.

I noticed a little inconsistency concerning the Nanaka route in DC2. I'm at the part where they are doing the whole Ms.Kazami contest thing, and it was said that the tradition of the contestant proclaiming her love for 'x' was started on this competition.

Now this is odd since the only time the pageant even got any screen time on DC was during the Kotori route, and we all know the canonical ending of DC...

Is this just a small blunder or some foreshadowing of some DC alternate universe where Kotori (after numerous fan death threats) becomes the female lead?

Of course it could just be my spotty translation, but the words 'confession' and 'tradition' both popped up. In any case...*goes back to reading* xD

More topics from this board

Poll: » Da Capo II Second Season Episode 13 Discussion

cr4sian_phil - Jun 30, 2008

42 by AdityaRizkiS »»
May 9, 2023 11:02 AM

Poll: » Da Capo II Second Season Episode 12 Discussion

Steelix - Jun 22, 2008

14 by AdityaRizkiS »»
May 9, 2023 10:24 AM

Poll: » Da Capo II Second Season Episode 7 Discussion

Faust721 - May 20, 2008

12 by AdityaRizkiS »»
May 8, 2023 2:03 PM

Poll: » Da Capo II Second Season Episode 5 Discussion

Faust721 - May 3, 2008

13 by AdityaRizkiS »»
May 8, 2023 12:51 PM

Poll: » Da Capo II Second Season Episode 3 Discussion

PimpToad - Apr 21, 2008

18 by AdityaRizkiS »»
May 8, 2023 12:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.