Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 22, 2021 5:12 PM
Dec 2019
Not a fan of the reveal, no lead up it sorta just happened. We don't really get to know who Riz was so the reveal wasn't impactful. It didn't make sense how legoshi found out either.
Wataru doesn't care about the genuine thing
Feb 22, 2021 8:20 PM

May 2019
Damn ,that arm ripped apart scene escalated quickly. Legoshi actually try to taste each carnivores drink one by one to find out the culprit. That's actually smart move to check their saliva taste. Feels bad to the bear as well. Trying to supress the immense power that reside inside him by not take the pills actually make him ends up killing one of his first friend that acknowledge him for being a kind carnivore. Really great backstory for the bear so we actually understand his position. This show keeps getting better. Nice

Feb 23, 2021 9:19 AM
Oct 2019
Holy shit the arm got rip off...
That's made me scream as well...

They just revealed the Culprit.. it's the Bear... Wtf...

Wow all it takes just the pill, it more like drug addict in a way...
The Flashback Scene where Tem got eaten was so brutal...
Fantastic Episode...
Feb 27, 2021 10:13 AM

Sep 2017
Did not see that coming. The arm rip, that is. That was pretty messed up all around, but yeah Riz being the killer kind of became obvious the last few eps. The only other thing I could think of would be if the killer was someone hired from outside the school. But yeah pretty messed up. Really interesting detail with the medication. Bears are the strongest land carnivores, so it makes sense. Tem's initial reaction is pretty surprising tbh. I can get being a little freaked out, but the medicine is just a muscle relaxant right? Not like it would suppress killer instincts. Tem's reaction at the end has got to be a hallucinations from Riz tho right. He was probably actually screaming as bear man ripped him to shreds.
Feb 28, 2021 5:54 AM

Mar 2010
Tem deserved to die for his ignorance.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 4, 2021 9:27 PM
Aug 2020
oh god the way that the arm scene just happened out of nowhere
Mar 7, 2021 5:42 AM

Nov 2016
Just casually calling him out like that, reminded me immediately of AoT lol

And yeah, Riz being the culprit was kinda obvious just by elimination process. Him being meek and low-key all the time made him stick out even more. Kinda funny that he's a bear and voiced by the same seiyuu as Takamura.

This was the best episode this season imo. Was fascinating to get a look at Riz's warped mind and the reality he created for himself out of guilt( I guess there's no chance to see what really happened). It's tragic, also since he has to suppress his instincts. That said, it's still his fault that he ate Tem and I don't really think anything can justify him threatening Legosi and Pina.

The scene at the beginning with Kibi's arm getting ripped off was also pretty disturbing, in particular the fact that it's just a casual accident among friends and basically a part of nature made it feel raw and effective. Poor Kibi, but I'm also feeling bad for Tao.

Other noteworthy characters were Pina and Els. The former showed some real balls there when facing Riz and the latter for lashing out on Bill. I ship them btw xD

Intriguing development and atmosphere, all around great episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 7, 2021 10:38 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So it was Riz (the bear) who ate Tem because he didn't take his pills, damn, that was a very interesting backstory, I don't know what will happen between Legoshi and him now.
Also it's interesting with what is happening for the school they want to divide carnivorous and herbivorous so RIP the club if it happens
Mar 17, 2021 8:52 PM

Aug 2018
this anime is very messed up!
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Mar 21, 2021 9:53 PM
Nov 2018
what an awesome episode, that ending with riz and tem was beautifully tragic. being a large bear is suffering.
Apr 8, 2021 8:07 AM

Mar 2015
Oh shit that was a heavy episode..
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
May 4, 2021 4:28 PM
Jul 2015
Soupisekaitrash said:
Not a fan of the reveal, no lead up it sorta just happened. We don't really get to know who Riz was so the reveal wasn't impactful. It didn't make sense how legoshi found out either.

Legosi found out because he tasted everybody's drinks in the locker room remember?
May 10, 2021 6:45 PM

Aug 2017
I knew Tem was going to die when Rizu didn't take his medicine that night. Ironically, Tem's death is very similar to Legoshi killing Haru in the opening from season 1 lol. What led to Tem's death was entirely based on his kindness.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 5, 2021 2:31 PM

Jul 2015
Had my suspicions on the big bear Riz from the start, but I'm suprised how Pina just casually broke that confrontation. Poor Tem, getting killed because of his kindness...if only that dumb bear didn't skip his medicine those happy times wouldn't have stopped.

Jun 6, 2021 2:38 PM

Feb 2018
Tem was a good guy.. Riz's biggest mistake was when he stopped taking the medicine.. damn this was a good episode!
Jun 28, 2021 10:53 AM

Mar 2021
oh my fucking god I'm glad I started this anime cause DAMN it never disappoints. I loved this ep. chef's kiss
Jul 6, 2021 11:46 PM

Jan 2017
WHO PUT THESE ONIONS HERE GODDAMNIT, Riz and Tem's relationship was so wholesome but unfortunately nature has something else for these two :/

For Riz to be at peace he has to go huh, or else the situation at Cherryton will be much, much worse and don't think he'll able to bear it any further
Jul 15, 2021 9:08 PM
Oct 2019
wtf are we even watching anymore? it's bizarre and not all that good. it's trying to be deep and introspective? but it's not hitting the mark with me

EDIT: and why tf would they not tell anyone that bear dude at the other student? where is the snake? legoshi was tasked with finding out who killed the student and he did, but he just ignores it and does nothing about it? same with that other sheep kid? and how did legoshi even know it was bear guy, just because he's huge? did he "taste" him when he drank everyone's drinks in the locker room? (even though his nose was all stuffed up and he couldn't smell anything!!!)
HagePotPotatoJul 16, 2021 8:56 PM
Jul 16, 2021 4:06 PM

Aug 2018
HagePotPotato said:
wtf are we even watching anymore? it's bizarre and not all that good. it's trying to be deep and introspective? but it's not hitting the mark with me
yea this is awful but it's original you have to give it that lol
Jul 18, 2021 12:18 AM

Jan 2021
wow. just wow. amazing episode. i'm blown away.

the arm being ripped off was extremely unexpected. then Legoshi confronting Riz so nonchalantly. in comes Pina acting so blasé, as usual. he's so entertaining lol

but that last scene.... my god. it really was gory and absolutely heartbreaking... yet, somehow, so beautiful......
Jul 20, 2021 7:16 AM
Jun 2020
Was a great episode, cute when the anteater said that he’s fine with Legoshi carrying with him, very wholesome trust but was confused about Ruiz dialogue in the end but I read this forum and saw someone say you can actually see what was said in the first episode, this episode was just a hallucination from Riz from withdrawal of the pills. Was really scary to see him so big like that, this show got pretty dark with this end but it does it very tastefully. The commentary and subtext on real world controversies between statuses are reflected very well with this show. Excited to see more !!!
Jul 20, 2021 10:08 AM
Sep 2007
Bear takes pills that cause or prevent muscle atrophy? It they are to limit his strenght, former one is more likely. Sounds like terrible idea actually. I don't know how in bears, but in human that could cause serious problems with kidneys. Muscle atrophy --> lots of creatinine and protein (mioglobin) in blood --> proteinuria --> kidney failure. He would need dialysis or kidney transplant somewhere in the future.

Too bad that those pills keep not only his strenght, but also his predatory instincts in check. Since taking them make him feel terrible, and talking with Tema made him feel he doesn't actually need them... It didn't' end well. The things that come to my mind are antypsychotic drugs. Some of them may have nasty side effects, from feeling sleepy/apathetic to lower neutrophil count causing serious immunity problems... But not taking them means risking that psychosis would reemerge, causing danger for the patient, his surroundings or both.
korsarzJul 20, 2021 10:17 AM
Jul 25, 2021 5:28 PM

Feb 2019
This was such a good episode. The cut to the ripped arm was sudden and unexpected, but in a good way.

And the backstory with Tem and the bear makes sense and is a great fit.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Aug 18, 2021 3:28 PM

Jan 2019
Poor Kiby! I felt really bad seeing him there crying for his arm, thankfully it'll be put again (somehow?). He letting Legoshi carrying him was cute tho, partly due to the trust and partly cause it looked cute lol.

What I don't really get is why they just don't bring Riz to the police. Did I miss something?
Aug 24, 2021 1:16 PM

Dec 2018
It was kinda out of nowhere when Legoshi just said that the bear was the killer.

Did I miss something in that locker scene before?
Sep 21, 2021 11:45 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Intense episode and we finally get to see what really happened all those months ago. Riz deserves to be punished but one can really see how incredibly hard it is for him to fight his natural instincts.

Pina is really playing with fire with the knowledge he has. Damn he feisty
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 31, 2021 2:41 PM
Nov 2020
Imagine making up an illusion as to maim your best friend out of instinct. I read the manga but this scene still shocked me.
Dec 15, 2021 9:37 PM

Mar 2021
So... I definitely wasn't ready to watch that. It was too brutal for me, but most of all it was a frustratingly sad story, horrifyingly sad.
Dec 30, 2021 4:54 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Brutally beautiful, and beautifully brutal, are all words in interchangeably describe this episode. I was ready to hate on Riz, while not necessarily switching my opinion on him, this exposition was masterful, and perspective bending. I love this show.
Feb 25, 2022 8:47 PM

Apr 2016
That was a non-stop ride from start to finish and I didn't want to get out of it.
I thought when the arm was ripped off it was a joke they were pulling to showcase something for the play but nope, just everyone standing there looking at poor Kibi suffering. Legoshi saying he was going to buy him an Ant-shake or whatever it's called was cute.
Pina seems to enjoy chaos, love it.
I chuckled at the whole Bill x Els thing, like you two are clearly horny for each other and are making it even more weird than Legoshi's interest on Haru and someone just got their arm ripped so is now or never.
Riz made some truly bad and stupid choices that I'm not shocked he was all delusional meanwhile he was devouring Tem.
Sep 15, 2022 12:47 PM
Dec 2020
furry,haha,furry
Nov 23, 2022 11:29 PM

Oct 2022
Props to Bill for acting quickly and trying to calm down Tao and the others before Tao did something even stupider. I also like the Drama Club President telling them to not panic after they were staring at the blood on the floor. Herbivore blood probably doesn't help carnivores keeping their instincts in check.
Dec 13, 2022 4:18 PM

Sep 2018
Do they really expect me to believe that nobody suspected Riz at all? Nobody ever saw them together as they were growing ever increasingly closer as a friendship? And this homoerotic undertone is getting old as well.
Jan 25, 2023 7:35 AM
Sep 2016
Despite the implication, Bears drinking honey kinda cute.
Mar 1, 2023 12:40 PM

Dec 2020
Damn

That was a fantastic episode...

Riz needs help. I am pretty sure he imagined the Tem hugging him part. Tem won't just mention that all carnivores are monsters and then go hug Riz. We can see that Tem's body was close to the wall and Riz mentions there were marks indicating struggle. 
Jun 25, 2023 4:08 PM
Apr 2023
The tension was really scary in this episode. Someone getting his arm bitten off, Riz's whole story, Pina somehow knowing everything and then getting a backstory to the devour? Just amazing.
Oct 20, 2023 6:25 AM
Feb 2016
hngbhbhbhbbhbhbhbhbhbhbhbhbh
Dec 2, 2023 7:45 PM

Oct 2022
I kinda felt bad for Riz. He's just wanting friends. But hey fighting instinct is like playing with fire if you're not careful you'll end up hurting yourself

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2021

200 by fatekkjjkk »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2021

102 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 9, 2023 11:30 PM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2021

70 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 8, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2021

70 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 5, 2023 1:23 AM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2021

63 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 4, 2023 12:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.