Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 17, 2021 3:34 AM
Nov 2020
RoyalGodyssey said:
I'm sorry, but Aot S3 P2 surpassing Hunter x hunter, Gintama 2015, Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu and now Steins Gate in a month or 2 because of the recent season is stupid. Aot is good, but it's not better than any of these legendary series' and I wish the toxic fandom would stop 10 spamming Aot and 1 spamming all its competitors. Even Fmab has went down 0.05 since S4 began its run, and that fandom is famous for its army of bot accounts. I've kind of accepted the Final season being so high at this point, but 2 aot seasons in the top 3 is just stupid.
SO FUCKING YRUE. I accept s3 part2 being in top 5 even though it still pisses me off it's higher than steins gate but the final season doesn't deserve that place at all.
Feb 17, 2021 3:34 AM
Aug 2020
86society said:
Cookie_Duck said:
Ok I can understand why AOT s3p2 and other seasons' ratings are increasing due to people catching up and new watchers. But what really annoys me is the fact that they spam 1/10 on every anime near the top to decrease their score and then act like the victim when its happening to them. Don't get me wrong I love AOT but the fanbase pisses me off.
AOT S3 part 2 has 0.6 % users giving it a 1 while it's 0.5 % for Steins Gate, final AOT Season has over 11K votes giving it 1. AOT fanbase isn't the only one botting tohet shows. There's HxH Elitists, fma Fanboys too. Don't just blame every single thing on AOT fanbase. Yeah, I'm not dayinythey aren't doing it, but same goes for other fanbases too, so when you say that, mention other fanbases too, and not just aot
idk why you’re blaming it on Hxh fans. Maybe I’ve missed something, but I haven’t heard shit from them about aot. And I’m not denying that FMAB is doing the same thing. It’s just that FMAB at least limited themselves to aot s4. The aot fanbase is lashing out against everyone else in the top 10
Feb 17, 2021 3:42 AM
Jul 2018
RoyalGodyssey said:
I'm sorry, but Aot S3 P2 surpassing Hunter x hunter, Gintama 2015, Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu and now Steins Gate in a month or 2 because of the recent season is stupid. Aot is good, but it's not better than any of these legendary series' and I wish the toxic fandom would stop 10 spamming Aot and 1 spamming all its competitors. Even Fmab has went down 0.05 since S4 began its run, and that fandom is famous for its army of bot accounts. I've kind of accepted the Final season being so high at this point, but 2 aot seasons in the top 3 is just stupid.
I mean fandom is shit tbh but don't mind them I'll say. Ratings mean nothing imo. Some shows are rated low but are still gold. So yea also aot fandom is full of morons. It's a shame that such a good series has worst fandom. Like hunter hunter gintama steins gate fandom are less hyperactive and are calm mostly but aot fandom follows Newton's law of every action has opposite reaction. The better the series the worst the fandom. Like those drip memes and all that stupid memes are so dumb. They are making same "levi is short" Meme for 7 years so you can tell how dumb the fandom is.
Feb 17, 2021 4:41 AM
Mar 2020
for real someone justify how 1 part of a season of aot is better than the entirety of steins gate. it’s just getting ridiculous at this point
Feb 17, 2021 4:48 AM

Feb 2016
RoyalGodyssey said:

in my opinion all the AoT ratings went up mostly because of new people catching up to it or old fans rewatching previous seasons and realizing it deserve a better rating now because some things that went unnoticed or didnt make much sense before make sense now when its all connecting.
Its just great story telling, world building and chatacter development that makes it great and even greater after years when you rewatch it and invest your time understanding the world.
I rewatched S3P1 recently and gave it a 10/10 had it on 9 before because i think its really amazing season that was just overshadowed by amazing part 2
Just because you are doing something for someone else doesn't make it right. Kindness and beauty can sometimes become cruel.
Feb 17, 2021 5:01 AM
Oct 2020
RoyalGodyssey said:
snk S4 already has many 1/10 ratings, so it makes sense that snk is not the only anime to have toxic fanbase.
Feb 17, 2021 5:01 AM
Feb 2018
Fiftees said:
for real someone justify how 1 part of a season of aot is better than the entirety of steins gate. it’s just getting ridiculous at this point

Then by your logic why S:G cant be better with entirety of it and losing to just one arc of battle? So it means that one battle only is enough to beat S:G? Your logic backlash on yourself, Sir.
Feb 17, 2021 5:03 AM
Mar 2020
KingFlochForster said:
Fiftees said:

Then by your logic why S:G cant be better with entirety of it and losing to just one arc of battle?
crazy almost like toxic idiots are review bombing? weird thought
Feb 17, 2021 5:04 AM
Oct 2020
SmashBlack said:
I agree. Aot s3 p2 may be good but it's not as good as any of the masterpieces that are in the top 10.
that's your personal fucking opinion. Shows are rated by people and not a single person. If many people consider a show to be good, it must be good, irrespective of you like it or not. I personally found HxH boring as hell but I still accept it's position because large number of people love it. You do the same, kid.
Feb 17, 2021 5:05 AM

Jul 2019
I think SG fans need a fire extinguisher👀
Feb 17, 2021 5:06 AM
Aug 2020
Biruadotx said:
I think SG fans need a fire extinguisher👀
Because we’re too damn hot lol
Feb 17, 2021 5:09 AM
Oct 2018
While I think the show is good it definitely doesn’t deserve to surpass the ones you mentioned. The problem is the fandom who is currently in a ratings war with with the FMA fandom so everything is going to be bloated.
Feb 17, 2021 5:44 AM

Jul 2020
RoyalGodyssey said:

The ratings didn't go up because of bot accounts lmao. MAL has an anti-bot system. People most likely caught up to the series and had an opinion. You know the ratings exist to move right? Also your opinion isn't a "fact". Imo AOT is slightly better than Steins;gate, though I don't like comparing masterpieces.
I gave up on character of the week since it takes too much thinking. I'll just change my forum pfp to whoever I want every week lol.
Feb 17, 2021 5:45 AM
Jun 2020
ArmageddonYou said:
I just wish Attack on Titan was logged as a single ongoing series rather than split into separate seasons. Is there a specific reason for this?
I personally think the show is deserving of being in the top 5, but not multiple times.

Then everything should be the same then
Feb 17, 2021 6:14 AM
Oct 2020
Geel said:
Attack on Titan has one of the worst anime fanbases, definitely the worst out of the shows currently in the top 10.
I think fmab has the worst, they been doing this vote bombing for years
Feb 17, 2021 6:50 AM
Aug 2017
Askelladrules said:
NoSiisJoo said:
Agreed, can’t ignore the audacity to surpass hxh
for you hxh is better but for others aot is better.whats audacity in here?

Part joke part not, don’t like fanatic blind-to-hype fans of any matter in general so this is just one of those cases. HxH is my favourite for many reasons that I could talk of for hours and hours. It really doesn’t feel like a question of taste (every little detail, the soundtrack, animation, unparalleled writing etcetc) when something so inferior in every field I can think of as AoT passes HxH in the list. Absurdity

You’re making it seem like it’s the matter of taste, which I would usually agree with and just go on, but this is different. People are blind to hype and just go with the flow, can’t stand it.
Feb 17, 2021 6:59 AM
Jan 2021
NoSiisJoo said:
Askelladrules said:
for you hxh is better but for others aot is better.whats audacity in here?

Part joke part not, don’t like fanatic blind-to-hype fans of any matter in general so this is just one of those cases. HxH is my favourite for many reasons that I could talk of for hours and hours. It really doesn’t feel like a question of taste (every little detail, the soundtrack, animation, unparalleled writing etcetc) when something so inferior in every field I can think of as AoT passes HxH in the list. Absurdity

You’re making it seem like it’s the matter of taste, which I would usually agree with and just go on, but this is different. People are blind to hype and just go with the flow, can’t stand it.
1st:just like for you hxh is favourite for others aot is their favourite show
2nd:for you hxh soundtrack is better but for others aot soundtrack is better
3rd:for you aot is overrated but for others hxh is overrated
4th:for you hxh is superior to aot but for others aot is superior to hxh
You're just salty because aot is rated higher than your fav anime
All anime are equally bad(good).

Ladies and gentlemen and everyone in between, please join your hands with me to promote anime equality.
Feb 17, 2021 9:00 AM
Oct 2017
it is better, i watched fmab and it was so fucking shit, and hxh is amazing but not as good as aot, people wanna push the series up? let them, idk why anyone would be mad at that

if it was trash like fairy tail or sao being pushed up unfairly like this, then yes that is a problem
Feb 17, 2021 10:53 AM
Nov 2014
Kubs-sama said:
ArmageddonYou said:
I just wish Attack on Titan was logged as a single ongoing series rather than split into separate seasons. Is there a specific reason for this?
I personally think the show is deserving of being in the top 5, but not multiple times.

Im sorry, im not too sure what you mean but this.
Feb 17, 2021 11:31 AM
Jun 2020
ArmageddonYou said:
Kubs-sama said:

All the Gintamas all the Haikyuus and such
Feb 17, 2021 11:48 AM
Nov 2014
Kubs-sama said:
ArmageddonYou said:

Oh yes shows that follow the same story /characters would be together and spin offs separately.
So Gintama I assume would then just take 1 spot in the top 10. Would allow more great shows some spotlight.
Would be interesting to see how a reformatted MAL would look like, not saying that it is the best idea.
Feb 17, 2021 4:32 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
ArmageddonYou said:
Kubs-sama said:

Oh yes shows that follow the same story /characters would be together and spin offs separately.
So Gintama I assume would then just take 1 spot in the top 10. Would allow more great shows some spotlight.
Would be interesting to see how a reformatted MAL would look like, not saying that it is the best idea.
No, it is not. Different seasons have different teams behind them and are significantly different from each other too. It is insincere to combine different seasons into 1 when they are basically different anime. In live action shows, it is alright since most of the cast and staff remain the same throughout but it is very different in the case of anime.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Feb 17, 2021 5:02 PM
Nov 2014
cchigu said:
ArmageddonYou said:

No, it is not. Different seasons have different teams behind them and are significantly different from each other too. It is insincere to combine different seasons into 1 when they are basically different anime. In live action shows, it is alright since most of the cast and staff remain the same throughout but it is very different in the case of anime.

That's a good point I didn't even consider the difference between staff working on these titles. Going full circle back to AoT, it does make sense now why season 4 would be separate considering a studio change.
I've come to realise the anime biz is a little too messy to be categorised easily.
Feb 17, 2021 5:09 PM
Dec 2020
Fether13 said:
People can fight about Aot "not deserving that spot" but it's a matter of numbers. Aot managed to reach an enormous amount of people and a lot of this people thought this anime deserved a 10. I don't know if Aot fanbase is actually willing to sabotage other series, but maybe after seeing how great Aot s3 p2 turned out to be they decided to recalibrate what it takes for a series/season to deserve a 10. Obviously we have to consider the fact that it's only season 3 p2 and 4 to have reached this spot so Aot as a whole is not so high up on the rankings

It is a fact that they are sabotaging other series... I have seen multiple accounts of salty AoT fans and they have Steins Gate, FMAB and other series at the top rated as 1.
Feb 17, 2021 5:12 PM

Jul 2020
And I also wish the toxic users stop spamming the same threads every hour.
Aot s3p2 is not because of 10 spams.It's because people who dropped season 1 started to pick it up again because of the final season and rating it accordingly.You can see the stats.The 10s are not spammed.
Varunbhau said:
RoyalGodyssey said:
snk S4 already has many 1/10 ratings, so it makes sense that snk is not the only anime to have toxic fanbase.

Also this.
Fiftees said:

it's not ridiculous.It just means that one arc is that good.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Feb 17, 2021 7:27 PM
Sep 2019
RoyalGodyssey said:
RoyalGodyssey said:
as a huge aot fan i 100% agree. Its hard being an aot fan when there are other fans like this
Feb 17, 2021 7:38 PM
Jan 2021
They just give every anime a 1 score and aot a 10.This was also the reason why death note is now on number 60 in ranking.
Yes, number 60 one of the best series. These aot and fnab has a very toxic fandom
Feb 17, 2021 7:50 PM

Aug 2020
I don't think it's cuz of bot accounts and I hate that everyone's blaming aot fans. The thing is aot has now became the most popular anime on US and many people are catching up, picking up and rewatching the series due to the hype of s4 and people keep blaming aot fans that fmab score dropped even though fmab fans were the ones that started it. I was happy with the score before but now Idk if I should be sad or happy as steins gate is one of my favorites and I think it's as good as aot. It used to be second before aot s4 but now it's 4th. I wanted steins gate to stay at 3rd
Feb 17, 2021 9:29 PM
Feb 2018
JayArDee said:
RoyalGodyssey said:
RoyalGodyssey said:
as a huge aot fan i 100% agree. Its hard being an aot fan when there are other fans like this

Yet helping other side to rate AoT FS 1 lol. I'm aware you giving another season 10s but does it really necessary to give it 1? Even if there's a lot of reasons, giving it 1 is too low, 4-5 is clearly lowest score you can give but you do you
Feb 18, 2021 3:03 AM

Sep 2014
And here I thought the SnK fandom were the worst one. How silly. All fanbase of the anime from top 10 are all equally toxic.
Feb 18, 2021 3:46 AM
Aug 2020
Hrybami said:
And here I thought the SnK fandom were the worst one. How silly. All fanbase of the anime from top 10 are all equally toxic.

Don't think so. Gintama fandom is pretty cool. Even though the final movie is being spammed with 1s at a higher rate than FMAB and AoT S4 and though fans are angry, they aren't spamming FMAB and AoT or anything else with a 1 as revenge.
Feb 18, 2021 5:30 AM

Mar 2012
you're gonna have to deal with it, AOT deserves it's spot in the top 5 whether you like it or not. it has also contributed the most to anime becoming mainstream and for a good damn reason.
物事は良くなりますか ? 
Feb 18, 2021 5:51 AM

Oct 2017
The score will calm down to a more reasonable score once it has finished. Most of the people watching seasonal sequels already really enjoy the rest of the seasons so it's a given that it's borderline impossible for them to rate it far lower than the rest of their scores, which I'd assume would be 7+ at least.
Feb 18, 2021 7:15 AM

Oct 2020
imo, AOT S3 was really just packed full.. i have to admit it was executed beautifully but i dont see it as amazing.. at some points thinking about it gives me anxiety because of how much went down and how jammed it was... it was conflict after conflict, it was a bit tiring.. the last episode of the series was decent but i dont see why its getting so high of ratings... I dont believe it was better than all of the other listed animes.. aot doesnt even come close to being a masterpeice compared to the ones listed

^^ also.. i dont see ratings matter so much.. if you know something is good does it really need to be justified by a silly number?
WhiizperFeb 18, 2021 7:41 AM
thanks jeri <3
Feb 18, 2021 10:26 AM

Sep 2017
RoyalGodyssey said:

i agree with this, ive been rlly liking the AOT S3 so far, its great dont get me wrong, but for it to surpass these shows is pretty stupid yeah just hard core AOT fans wanting their show to always be on top even though it's really well known already
[font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][/font]

Feb 18, 2021 11:38 AM

Jan 2021
Anime released in pandemic (and even there juniors) is supposed to have such effect. U can obviously learn from ex arm or demon slayer.
Pandemic is the make it or break it time where frustrated mob has a lots of time.
Hahaha, fear pandemic my fellow comrades!!!

Amigo111Feb 18, 2021 11:42 AM
Feb 18, 2021 1:51 PM

Mar 2012
Whiizper said:
imo, AOT S3 was really just packed full.. i have to admit it was executed beautifully but i dont see it as amazing.. at some points thinking about it gives me anxiety because of how much went down and how jammed it was... it was conflict after conflict, it was a bit tiring.. the last episode of the series was decent but i dont see why its getting so high of ratings... I dont believe it was better than all of the other listed animes.. aot doesnt even come close to being a masterpeice compared to the ones listed

^^ also.. i dont see ratings matter so much.. if you know something is good does it really need to be justified by a silly number?

no offense, but according to your anime list you haven't seen a single anime that the op listed so how can you even form that opinion?
物事は良くなりますか ? 
Feb 18, 2021 3:17 PM

Mar 2019
Thread locked for not encouraging discussion.

Threads about ranking and/or scores just encourage flame wars between people who liked the show and people who didn’t. They don’t promote any kind of discussion.

You may also use this thread if you want to talk about overrated/underrated anime.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Apr 19, 2011

260 by OmBerry12_Bleach »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

805 by Nemesis133 »»
Yesterday, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

saxophone15 - Apr 26, 2011

241 by GatchiShoppo »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Apr 17, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
Apr 12, 12:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.