Forum Settings
Forums

If Steel Ball Run gets an anime, do you think it'll take the #1 spot from Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood?

New
If Steel Ball Run gets an anime, do you think it'll take the #1 spot from Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood?
Feb 16, 2021 10:39 AM

Jul 2020
If Steel Ball Run gets an anime, do you think it'll take the #1 spot from Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood? Personally, for me, I'd say yes since 1. Steel Ball Run is ranked #2 on MAL and has a score of 9.22 on there currently, which is 0.02 points more than Fmab's score, and 2. The anime adaptations of each of the Jojo parts that are animated thus far are considered to be better than their manga counterparts, so I'm pretty certain the Steel Ball Run anime is gonna be better than the manga as well as long as it's being animated by David Productions like the rest of the Jojo parts.

It's hard to win an argument against smart people, but impossible to win an argument against dumb ones.
Feb 16, 2021 11:22 AM

Dec 2019
I think it would take the number one spot, if it gets a good adaptation. One of the animators of Golden Wind already talked about it and said it would be difficult because the horses are hard too animate properly. But the upside of the story is that he said he'd rather not use cgi because it would break the JoJo style.

Here's the article, the actually quote doesn't go into detail that much:
https://comicbook.com/anime/news/jojos-bizarre-adventure-animator-addresses-steelball-run-anime/
Feb 16, 2021 12:45 PM

May 2020
Jojo has a dedicated fanbase that can rival SnK and FMAB and JoJo is pretty popular, but I'm not sure if they care about scores that much.

SBR's critical acclaim and sourcefans will definitely help, the only way it can get bashed on is if it's somehow visually inferior (CGI horses maybe, the art in the manga is godly).

The other thing you need to consider is that it will as long as AoT S1-S3p2 or maybe even as long as Monster, so it probably be split in multiple seasons and I'm not sure how that will impact the score. Maybe multiple seasons will actually help the score, lol.
Feb 16, 2021 4:27 PM

Nov 2019
SBR clearly has a shot of being number 1-top 5 when it gets animated. It has near universal appraise as is and David Productions would have to actively try to drop the ball in an otherwise sure thing.
Don't let others ruin things for you. Even if a toxic fan pisses in your cereal, you could just get another bowl of cereal.
My Anime List - My Manga List
Feb 16, 2021 4:35 PM

Jan 2020
Let's be real, It's probably gonna get spammed by fmab fans with 1/10s if it does.

Without any troll 1/10s it could probably become number one if david pro does a good job on it. I'm just worried that they might fail on the cgi if they are going to use it for the horses

Feb 17, 2021 4:15 PM

Aug 2019
I wish. Steel Ball Run is an outstanding tale. Unfortunately, I don't think Jojo's has the popularity to protect it from 1 spams. Jojo's also gets hate because of the memes fans constantly use.
Feb 17, 2021 4:16 PM

Jul 2020
Only if it gets a PERFECT adaptation like Aot otherwise it'll at least be in top 15
lucas147 said:
I think it would take the number one spot, if it gets a good adaptation. One of the animators of Golden Wind already talked about it and said it would be difficult because the horses are hard too animate properly. But the upside of the story is that he said he'd rather not use cgi because it would break the JoJo style.

Here's the article, the actually quote doesn't go into detail that much:
https://comicbook.com/anime/news/jojos-bizarre-adventure-animator-addresses-steelball-run-anime/

That's sad

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Feb 17, 2021 5:15 PM
Apr 2018
It could be but that Will take 3-5 years or more because we didn't even get part 6.
Feb 18, 2021 10:10 PM
Jul 2017
It has a big chance but u already know that the FMA fan base are going instantly downvote SBR and rate it a 1 on many accounts like they did for Attack on Titan and Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Feb 20, 2021 3:34 AM
Jul 2018
SmashBlack said:
If Steel Ball Run gets an anime, do you think it'll take the #1 spot from Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood? Personally, for me, I'd say yes since 1. Steel Ball Run is ranked #2 on MAL and has a score of 9.22 on there currently, which is 0.02 points more than Fmab's score, and 2. The anime adaptations of each of the Jojo parts that are animated thus far are considered to be better than their manga counterparts, so I'm pretty certain the Steel Ball Run anime is gonna be better than the manga as well as long as it's being animated by David Productions like the rest of the Jojo parts.
scores mean nothing tbh considering the fact how toxic anime fans are they will just spam one's and ten's all day like some stupid guy with a disease or let's say too much obsession with something. So just enjoy everything you like and don't pay attention to others opinion or even scores.
Mar 1, 2021 4:37 AM

Oct 2020
Yes definitely, it has one of the best stories in anime and manga and if David Productions execute it well it will be a true masterpiece of an anime.
“Everyone in this world carries around their own sins, and they never go away…but that doesn’t change the fact that we do what we must.” – Wolfgang Grimmer
Mar 1, 2021 7:33 AM
Jul 2018
I love Steel Ball Run. But if it were adapted into an anime, I really doubt it would overtake Brotherhood. Yes, the manga has a higher score; but I think that's because the fanbase for Steel Ball Run is small compared to FMA (meaning the high scores of a few people has a bigger impact) + people who read Steel Ball Run most likely already read/watched the other parts of Jojo, like me, so there's already a bias. But here are the other reasons why I don't think a Steel Ball Run could overtake FMAB:

1) Even though Steel Ball Run is more character and story focused compared to the other Jojo Parts (as most of the episodes in Jojo are characters just fighting, let's be honest), it still pales in comparison to FMAB in terms of how much emphasis there is on story and characters.

2) It's Jojo; Jojo is a series that is very bizarre, whacky. Which is the reason why me and many others love this series, don't get me wrong; but that's precisely why it wouldn't probably be as popular as something like FMAB, where the story and characters and setting are far more grounded in comparison. Especially when Steel Ball Run's plot is basically, "2 dudes need to pick up the corpse parts of Jesus in the mist of a horse race, and fight the president of the United States and his goons." Which sounds hilarious; and it kind of is, if you think about it. But again; that kind of plot just won't appeal to many anime fans.
Mar 1, 2021 7:37 AM
Jul 2018
No. FMAB has had a huge impact on the west worldwide following for ages. Jojo only recently got popular overseas in 2012 thanks to the anime. Even if it's a great adaptation JoJo fans are known for having a terrible reputation and despite being huge there are just as many people who hate JoJo (the brighter the light the darker the shadow). It might get top 50-20 though
Mar 1, 2021 8:25 AM

Aug 2018
If it gets a good adaptation it could but I think even if it does get a good adaptation it wouldn'tt
_______I like rocks__
Mar 1, 2021 12:12 PM
May 2020
I think by the time SBR is animated s4 of SnK will be #1
Mar 1, 2021 12:40 PM
Jul 2018
FMA fanbase has an inferiority complex when it comes to their "god-send" of an anime so unless jojo elitists try to rig fma's score aswell then yeah ig
Mar 8, 2021 2:32 PM
Aug 2020
Imo it's more likely to than Attack On Titan considering how highly rated Steel Ball Run is.
Mar 8, 2021 3:27 PM

Dec 2020
If JoJo fans aren't nearly as good as AoT fans when it comes to downvoting, then I would say the chances are slim.
"no one really laughs on the internet, they just go 'hM' and type '𝕃𝕄𝔸𝕆𝔸𝕆𝕄𝔸𝕆𝔸'."

I'm Level 69 on Mal Badges. View My Badges.

Mar 9, 2021 8:06 PM

Mar 2020
Not quite sure it'll take the 1# spot, but it'll definitely be somewhere in the top 10
Mar 11, 2021 10:03 AM

Jan 2020
i dont think it will, why? first by the time this will get an anime adaptation, aot chapter 117-123 will be adapted, and you can know what i mean, it will definitely be very high, 9.3+ is even possible, now even if SBR is better then those chapters, it still won't be higher because of the fanboys just like how FMA BH protected the n.1 spot with spam and bots, it will be AoT fanboys to do it next and AoT fanboys is worse
U-Y-P-W-O-C-U-T-I-K-A-T-I-P-M-I-N-I-I-D-I-H-I-W-T-S-T-I-W-S-T-O-M-P-T-I-L-U-C-H-N-I-D-T-I-I-Y-I-M-N-O-W-S-T-S-W-N-I-B-W
Mar 31, 2021 12:23 AM

Aug 2017
SBR is a masterpiece.

It has the best journey out of all the Jojo parts.

Honestly, the horseback racing would get a lot of people's attention.

Araki really upped his game with the world building and landscape panels.

Those would make for an immersive anime experience.

I wouldn't be surprised if this beat FMAB if it had an anime adaptation.

Apr 2, 2021 8:04 PM
Apr 2020
SBR is definitely great but the fanbase isn't as big as aot. Aot fanbase spammed each and every fanbase in the top 10. When the other fanbases retaliated, they cried and blamed fmab fans. If you want SBR to be #1 then you have to do what they did which I don't think is possible xD. If we get bad CGI on the horses then it won't even come top 50.
Apr 3, 2021 4:31 AM
Apr 2018
Haven't read SBR but it's pretty likely. AoT's best shot at a permanent no.1 was a great adaptation till chapter 123. I'm unsure if next part of AoT could hold #1 in the long run.

David production seemingly doesn't seem to disappoint so it has a solid shot considering the universal praise it gets.
Apr 4, 2021 3:11 PM

Dec 2020
If it is actually done right, with top animation, then it has a good chance of surpassing FMA's score. But i doubt it will even be adapted in the first place, as everyone pointed out horses aren't easy to animate.
Apr 4, 2021 4:27 PM

Aug 2020
SmashBlack said:

idk its great but at the same time Idk i forsee a lot of people not enjoying part 6 and dropping off the Jojo train not that I hate part 6 has one of my favorite endings in all of manga and was a bit of a transitioning point for Araki writing wise and you can definitely see him transition from shonen to a more seinen style in his writing
Apr 5, 2021 10:54 AM

Oct 2017
KuroGFX said:

idk its great but at the same time Idk i forsee a lot of people not enjoying part 6 and dropping off the Jojo train not that I hate part 6 has one of my favorite endings in all of manga and was a bit of a transitioning point for Araki writing wise and you can definitely see him transition from shonen to a more seinen style in his writing

I don't see why they would drop JoJo, it's a different universe so whatever happens in Part 6 won't affect the rest anyway. Plus it's also the most liked part so they would actually have even more reason to keep going.
Apr 5, 2021 10:58 AM

Aug 2020
NorbiZ said:
KuroGFX said:

I don't see why they would drop JoJo, it's a different universe so whatever happens in Part 6 won't affect the rest anyway. Plus it's also the most liked part so they would actually have even more reason to keep going.

fair enough but at the same time the stone ocean ending is more than a little confusing to grasp and even more to explain
Apr 7, 2021 1:21 AM
Mar 2020
some Fma fans are weird and make like 50 alt accounts to give it 10 stars any time it's surpassed so i say no, not because fma is better but because fma fans have no life
Apr 7, 2021 1:29 AM

Mar 2021
I want it to be first but it won't be first cause:
1-the fanbase mostly don't care about the score.
2-some one in the my anime list staff is not letting any anime get better score than full metal(conspiracy).
3-there are still some idiots that will score it low cause they think jojo is gay or something even tho they haven't watched it.
Apr 8, 2021 9:29 AM
Jul 2018
It all depends on the adaptation, the same talk about the horses lol.
Apr 8, 2021 3:24 PM

Apr 2020
maybe if it's a good adaptation
"Humans are like isolated islands, floating in the sea of fate.
Human encounters are like the collision of these lonely islands, and once they touch, there would be an effect. Sometimes, the islands would stick together, in the name of ‘interest’, ‘kinship’, ‘friendship’, ‘love’ and ‘hate’. But eventually, they would separate, walking towards the path of destruction.

This is the truth behind life."

-Fang Yuan
Aug 16, 2023 5:38 AM

Dec 2021
Steel Ball Run already has the highest number of 1s among the Top Manga only surpassed by Monogatari and LOTGH and few others I don't remember.

If only some people actually skipped to that part to increase the numbers it might actually work as a counter against review bombing
If you want to reply to my posts, come up with valid arguments instead of ad hominem HIGHER LEVEL THINKERS ONLY
Sep 11, 2023 8:57 AM

Mar 2023
As much as I want it to, I think that no.
e

More topics from this board

» Can i skip parts and read this?

PermanentHaki - Apr 1

41 by Blueberry173 »»
Apr 15, 7:30 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 7: Steel Ball Run Chapter 96 Discussion

federgolo - Nov 18, 2016

37 by Shibas_StonedAF »»
Apr 9, 3:45 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 7: Steel Ball Run Chapter 5 Discussion

Beatnik - Oct 1, 2009

24 by jiminybillybob »»
Apr 5, 1:15 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 7: Steel Ball Run Chapter 27 Discussion

Stark700 - May 31, 2014

19 by Wiziliz »»
Mar 21, 8:00 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 7: Steel Ball Run Chapter 89 Discussion

grandy_UiD - Apr 25, 2012

36 by animalia »»
Mar 5, 11:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.