Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 15, 2021 7:42 PM

May 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Aaah hualian is back! i miss them so much ;_;
Enjoying the special episode, hualian spend time together, talking & flirting. At the end Hua cheng left his ring on Xie lian neck before he left in the morning asjkjkj.
And we got Hua cheng face reveal, he's sooooo fine :"))) lol....
Not suprised that Xl falling harder for him, he's soo damn hot & gorgeous XD
Now we gotta wait for the season 2.... the wait are gonna hurts..i need more hualian..
livexevilFeb 16, 2021 3:03 PM
Feb 15, 2021 8:09 PM

Aug 2010
Haaaaaa the necklace!!! I almost thought XL was just gonna find it on the table like in the ED. So glad they stuck with XL discovering it on his neck.

I'm kinda surprised they revealed HC's full face here... Was actually kinda hoping we'd see it when XL sees it in the next arc... Oh well I'll take it :')
Feb 15, 2021 8:42 PM

May 2017
Hua chengzu???? why so fineee????
My tl flipping their sht over him rn lmaoo he even trending on PH now, his power!
Why every version of him soo sexy?? Like donghua and manhua???
That being said I can't wait to see him in his full glory form in season 2 interacting with Xie lian.
Feb 15, 2021 8:59 PM

May 2017
homonanoka said:
My tl flipping their sht over him rn lmaoo he even trending on PH now, his power!
That being said I can't wait to see him in his full glory form in season 2 interacting with Xie lian.
ph too? he even trending on canada, malaysia, mexico & worldwide over face reveal😭 ppl are wildin over his face asjkjljl
Feb 15, 2021 9:06 PM

May 2017
livexevil said:
homonanoka said:
ph too? he even trending on canada, malaysia, mexico & worldwide over face reveal😭 ppl are wildin over his face asjkjljl
a whole mood honestly, can't blame them. Imagine being Xie lian and waking up to 'THAT' every morning and getting pampered 24/7 by HC a whole night, Xie lian really living the best live gahahah XDD
homonanokaFeb 15, 2021 9:14 PM
Feb 15, 2021 10:01 PM

Jan 2016
HUA CHENG FULL FACE...GOOD LORD HAVE MERCY ON ME aaaaaaaa
I love the detail they add when Hualian sleeping, how San Lang really want to touch Xie Lian but decide not to and try to hold his own feeling & desire, dont worry San Lang you'll get your chance to hold him in ur arms later TTATTaaaa
But Hua Cheng and his immeasurable patience and self restraint is a on another whole level..respect for you man..
I also love how they potraying Dianxia statue "The Crown Prince Who Pleased Gods" it looks majestic and beautiful.
THE RINGSSS, my hearttt HUALIAN ARE MARRIED TYVM.
Also that screen where Xie Lian running inside the temple...when he smile and he thought he see Hua Cheng...It remind me of ******* I see what you did there Haoliners...stop hurting us.
I also kinda suprised that they're revealed his face now than in
, but im not complaining lol.
Strawberry_waltzFeb 15, 2021 11:56 PM
Feb 15, 2021 11:29 PM

Aug 2015
Finally HC face revealed and XL realized that SL is HC and the kid that he saved?
And finally SL gave XL crystal necklace exactly like the book not at the table.

and novel reader knew why SL left xD~

overall very satisfied with this adaptation, and waiting for S2. 800 more years (patiently sigh...)
Feb 15, 2021 11:50 PM

Jan 2016
ayanamichan85 said:
Finally HC face revealed and XL realized that SL is HC and the kid that he saved?
umm nope, he only know San Lang is Hua cheng for now,
ik the bit flashback of Little HC at the end song thing can confuse other, but its more like service/flashback for the fans(who knows the story), it didn't actually from XL mind(?) Idk how to explain it, its like from third person view(?) just think of it like song from S1 ep 1 near at the end.
Strawberry_waltzFeb 15, 2021 11:59 PM
Feb 16, 2021 2:18 AM
Oct 2020
Strawberry_waltz said:
ayanamichan85 said:
ik the bit flashback of Little HC at the end song thing can confuse other, but its more like service/flashback for the fans(who knows the story), it didn't actually from XL mind(?) Idk how to explain it, its like from third person view(?) just think of it like song from S1 ep 1 near at the end.

YEAH I WAS LIKE- UMMMM IS THIS XL CONNECTING ALL THE DOTS ?? TO THE ENTIRE FUCKING PLOT TWIST N SHIT YKNOW ???? IF HE FIGURED OUT EVERYTHING RIGHT THEN IM DONE
Feb 16, 2021 3:20 AM
Jun 2017
Hua Cheng HUA CHENG HUA CHENG HUA CHENG FACE REVEAL LJFDEEUWJ8FUEW. I'm definetly not okay guys, the entire thing was hualian fluffy domestic life aaaaaa and they went from : Sleeping on the opposite sides to: Sleeping in a perfect position for cuddling, now San Lang just had to throw that arm around his waist and-HDEFBHIWEFHGWEFH PERFECTION .(THE SIMP IS HERE)
Feb 16, 2021 3:58 AM

Jan 2016
FIRESTARXX said:
Strawberry_waltz said:

YEAH I WAS LIKE- UMMMM IS THIS XL CONNECTING ALL THE DOTS ?? TO THE ENTIRE FUCKING PLOT TWIST N SHIT YKNOW ???? IF HE FIGURED OUT EVERYTHING RIGHT THEN IM DONE
Right? I can see ppl getting confused over this especially who didnt read the novel. I can see Haoliners really giving service to tgcf fans and novel reader, with all the song and the beautiful extra scene, but to newcomers it can be really confusing.

Please note that Hua Cheng face reveal at the end is only for viewer(3rd person view), its treat from Haoliner to tgcf fans so we can see his unfiltered face now instead waiting on season 2. Xie Lian didn't even see his true form and face yet, evenmore knowing that Hua Cheng
. For now, he only know that San Lang is Hua Cheng the Crimson Rain Sought Flower and realize that the rings in his necklace is given from Hua Cheng before he left. So all that Hua Cheng full face view near the end song is not from Xie Lian eyes/view. Xie Lian will only see Hua Cheng face later on

They are also add a certain extra scene(which can make non novel reader or some newcomers confused) that actually overshadowing smthg.
Strawberry_waltzFeb 16, 2021 5:42 AM
Feb 16, 2021 4:43 AM

May 2017
Strawberry_waltz said:
They are also add a certain extra scene(which can make non novel reader or some newcomers confused) that actually overshadowing smthg.
uhh you mean the extra scene
livexevilFeb 16, 2021 5:50 AM
Feb 16, 2021 5:09 AM

Jan 2016
livexevil said:
Strawberry_waltz said:
They are also add a certain extra scene(which can make non novel reader or some ppl/newcomers confused) that actually overshadowing smthg.
Strawberry_waltzFeb 16, 2021 5:52 AM
Feb 16, 2021 6:00 AM

May 2017
Strawberry_waltz said:
livexevil said:
same,
livexevilFeb 17, 2021 8:39 AM
Feb 16, 2021 8:28 AM

Sep 2007
If it wasn't a masterpiece then I don't know-

Actually there was only one part of novels they didn't put in (which I consider of being a hugeee impact) but instead, they caused my death with all the unexpected parallels in the ending. Overkill.

And I didn't expect FULL VIEW on Hua Cheng's real form this season yet-
Feb 16, 2021 9:11 AM
Nov 2020
Nothing exactly special, but a satisfying continuation to the series.
Feb 16, 2021 12:35 PM

Mar 2013

SCREAMS

*inhales

SCREAMS AGAIN

My heart was already melting by the end of the episode and then...the face reveal.

DAMN, HC is hot af. I'm just gonna simp for him here.

Hualian conversations and interactions were so fucking romantic... Haoliners it's like "censorship who?"

I love how we are reacting like we had exactly no idea of how HC looked like hahaha
_junoFeb 16, 2021 12:44 PM
Feb 16, 2021 3:11 PM

Jan 2020
While most of the posters here are fangirling, I am pleasantly surprised they revealed Hua Cheng's face. Given, he doesn't look all that different than his "San Lang" alter ego.

I am hoping they will have a special episode for each season they do that covers things they can't in the main series. My hope is if they don't cover much of book 2 and 4, at least do so more thoroughly through a special episode or something.
Feb 16, 2021 5:52 PM

Jan 2016
LadyYuina said:
While most of the posters here are fangirling, I am pleasantly surprised they revealed Hua Cheng's face. Given, he doesn't look all that different than his "San Lang" alter ego.

I am hoping they will have a special episode for each season they do that covers things they can't in the main series. My hope is if they don't cover much of book 2 and 4, at least do so more thoroughly through a special episode or something.
well, he doesn't look all that different than his "San Lang" its because San Lang form is also his original look if he's in his 16yo, most fans(novel reader) already knew that, its just people hyped about his true form(the lastest one) because he looks more older and a whole man now lol, which gonna he will use from now on.

Actually just seeing great thread that explain this matter about why Hua Cheng doing shape shift, if anyone interested please check this out:
Strawberry_waltzFeb 17, 2021 8:40 AM
Feb 16, 2021 8:42 PM
Aug 2020
Strawberry_waltz said:
FIRESTARXX said:

Right? I can see ppl getting confused over this especially who didnt read the novel. I can see Haoliners really giving service to tgcf fans and novel reader, with all the song and the beautiful extra scene, but to newcomers it can be really confusing.

Please note that Hua Cheng face reveal at the end is only for viewer(3rd person view), its treat from Haoliner to tgcf fans so we can see his unfiltered face now instead waiting on season 2. Xie Lian didn't even see his true form and face yet, evenmore knowing that Hua Cheng
. For now, he only know that San Lang is Hua Cheng the Crimson Rain Sought Flower and realize that the rings in his necklace is given from Hua Cheng before he left. So all that Hua Cheng full face view near the end song is not from Xie Lian eyes/view. Xie Lian will only see Hua Cheng face later on

Yeah maybe that's why its better to read novel and then enjoy the donghua right?
Man haoliners are really satisfying us novel readers though............
It feels so complete and Hua cheng's appearance is damn fine!
And they revealed the face first because they seem to think their audience is more novel readers and this whole adaptation is for people who are dying to see hualian move and talk.......
so from my perspective If people read novel first.......... then this is the best treat they will ever get after~
Feb 16, 2021 8:45 PM
Aug 2020
Strawberry_waltz said:
LadyYuina said:

well, he doesn't look all that different than his "San Lang" its because San Lang form is also his original look if he's in his 16yo, most fans(novel reader) already knew that, its just people hyped about his true form(the lastest one) because he's looks more older and a whole man now lol, which gonna he will use from now on.

Actually just seeing great thread that explain this matter about why Hua Cheng doing shape shift, if anyone interested please check this out:
hey but hasn't hua cheng always wore bandages?
was his eye fine when he was 16?
I mean when he was kid and when he was a soldier.......he as wearing bandages at that time too right?
So maybe this san lang appearance is only his younger self with an eye right?

Feb 16, 2021 8:47 PM
Aug 2020
Hey and I was wondering while reading the novel too..........
Was hua cheng serious when he asked what would xie lian do if he was ugly?
Is he really sensitive about his eye or he just wanted to tease danxia?
Feb 16, 2021 10:14 PM

Jan 2016
KiyomiTachibana said:
Strawberry_waltz said:
well, he doesn't look all that different than his "San Lang" its because San Lang form is also his original look if he's in his 16yo, most fans(novel reader) already knew that, its just people hyped about his true form(the lastest one) because he's looks more older and a whole man now lol, which gonna he will use from now on.

KiyomiTachibana said:

He is super serious about that,
Strawberry_waltzFeb 16, 2021 10:25 PM
Feb 16, 2021 11:53 PM
Aug 2020
Strawberry_waltz said:
KiyomiTachibana said:

KiyomiTachibana said:

He is super serious about that,
Yeah thanks

He really is the sincerest person Xie lian will ever find.
UwU ........ he hides his insecurities with a cheeky attitude. I love him~~

I'm so hyped for 2nd season
~~~
Feb 17, 2021 7:04 AM

Jan 2017
While the ending scene seems like a big hit with the novel readers (and that is totally fine of course), it got me just confused haha. Since I look up TGCF tags online I know some stuff from the novel, but Idk if the studio is doing that great job explaining to the newcomers what is going on with the history there, so seems like the show is more tailored to the novel readers, which is fine just a bit of a shame imo that the confusion makes it harder for anime onlys to properly get into the show.

And I don't necessarily mean this as a negative thing, just what I was thinking seeing the final scene not knowing all the history between the two MCs. I was originally planning to read the novel alongside the show, watching the episodes first and then read the chapters that were covered but I feel like to get more enjoyment I should be reading the novel first and then watching the anime.
Feb 17, 2021 9:57 AM

Jan 2016
holiday498 said:
While the ending scene seems like a big hit with the novel readers (and that is totally fine of course), it got me just confused haha. Since I look up TGCF tags online I know some stuff from the novel, but Idk if the studio is doing that great job explaining to the newcomers what is going on with the history there, so seems like the show is more tailored to the novel readers, which is fine just a bit of a shame imo that the confusion makes it harder for anime onlys to properly get into the show.

And I don't necessarily mean this as a negative thing, just what I was thinking seeing the final scene not knowing all the history between the two MCs. I was originally planning to read the novel alongside the show, watching the episodes first and then read the chapters that were covered but I feel like to get more enjoyment I should be reading the novel first and then watching the anime.
Strawberry_waltzFeb 17, 2021 10:28 AM
Feb 17, 2021 10:53 AM
Mar 2014
I'm glad we got to see Ban Yue again! I'm glad that we were able to see a soft episode with our two loves enjoying each other's company. The face reveal of Hua Cheng was awesome! I'm assuming we won't see San Lang anymore? from now on we will just see Hua Cheng
Feb 17, 2021 11:53 AM

Nov 2007
He didn't call him gege until they put on the blast from the past montage 18 minutes in, I am traumatized.
Feb 17, 2021 3:56 PM

Jan 2020
Strawberry_waltz said:
well, he doesn't look all that different than his "San Lang" its because San Lang form is also his original look if he's in his 16yo, most fans(novel reader) already knew that, its just people hyped about his true form(the lastest one) because he looks more older and a whole man now lol, which gonna he will use from now on.

I know. I've read the novel myself. :)
Feb 18, 2021 2:09 AM

Jan 2017
Strawberry_waltz said:
holiday498 said:

I agree that the problem for the newcomers in that scene is that the whole scene seems like it is from Xie Lian's POV, as if he is remembering the parts with the kid and somehow realising how Hua Cheng really looks? Which makes no sense, but the way it was directed with Xie Lian coming into the house and imagining Hua Cheng there in his true form, as if he somehow knew how he looked... if they set up that scene from Hua Cheng's POV, maybe starting that whole montage with him leaving the ring or something that would be fine I think, but making it just for the fanservice was just confusing as hell to me as a newcomer haha
Feb 18, 2021 5:16 AM

Jan 2016
LadyYuina said:
I know. I've read the novel myself. :)
my bad :) i just love how fans getting suprised over his face meanwhile pretending we didn't know how Hua Cheng 's true form look like.

holiday498 said:
Strawberry_waltz said:

I agree that the problem for the newcomers in that scene is that the whole scene seems like it is from Xie Lian's POV, as if he is remembering the parts with the kid and somehow realising how Hua Cheng really looks? Which makes no sense, but the way it was directed with Xie Lian coming into the house and imagining Hua Cheng there in his true form, as if he somehow knew how he looked... if they set up that scene from Hua Cheng's POV, maybe starting that whole montage with him leaving the ring or something that would be fine I think, but making it just for the fanservice was just confusing as hell to me as a newcomer haha
Strawberry_waltzFeb 18, 2021 5:35 AM
Feb 23, 2021 12:08 AM

May 2020
Pretty ok OVA. Waiting for season 2 now.
Mar 16, 2021 6:52 AM
Aug 2018
The ending spoiling us with so fine visuals. I need to repeat it again and again just because

Now i'm off to novel
Mar 30, 2021 7:03 PM

Dec 2011
I'M A PUDDLE OF GOO THEY ARE SO CUTE lmao if he saw his face before he only just remembered it now?

I need to read the novel now. All these novels! gdam
Apr 7, 2021 12:43 PM

Sep 2015
As a novel reader I gotta say they know exactly how to add to the feels for our novel knowledge hearts aka when we had our hearts ripped out and stuffed back in AND I LOVE every second of it!

But that temple scene with the red umbrella they showed us a glimpse of...I hope when it does air as a full scene they'll stick to the novel to add the full impact of it.

Also, I think the sort of mv at the end with previous scenes and Hua Cheng's face reveal was sort of a double effect 'cuz they wanted to please the novel fans and rope in the donghua only watchers:
1. for us novel readers to pull on our full knowledge and bask in the feels of it all (and they certainly succeeded)
2. for donghua only watchers to make them hooked on Xie Lian & Hua Cheng with no chance of escape XDXD Kidding, thou not really XD
I suppose it's sort of a click bait - like, look - this is HC's real face! drool and wait for S2! And let's add some mystery as well to keep you completely hooked XD

Well, I suppose for #2 the random rain scene and the mv mix at the end might have been slightly confusing for donghua only watchers, but I'm pretty sure once next season comes out and as we slowly get to the full rain scene it'll be clear.

Ah, I hope they make 2nd season just as gorgeous because the animation was seriously off the charts beautiful and they also cleverly used cgi here & there and the ost was also lovely ^^
RouzmaryApr 7, 2021 12:58 PM
~Nothing is Eternal but Eternity ~
Apr 10, 2021 5:44 PM
Mar 2018
I can't take it...., I am going to reread the book.
Apr 12, 2021 2:01 AM

Jun 2020
Hua Cheng is so daaaaaaamn fineeeeeeeeeeeee. That was BEAUTIFUL. I need MOAAAAARRRRRRRR

Also that was beautiful when Ban Yue & XL were talking. I love Ban Yue’s voice actress!

Beautiful. Beautiful. Beautiful. Beautiful. Beautiful. No words. BEAUTIFUL

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Apr 25, 2021 3:57 AM

Jan 2013
So you had to spoil everything in the music montage at the end because you have no faith this show will be getting a continuation? Talk about desperation. This is not the kind of 'fanservice' I wanted.
Aug 13, 2021 11:18 AM
Apr 2018
Rouzmary said:
As a novel reader I gotta say they know exactly how to add to the feels for our novel knowledge hearts aka when we had our hearts ripped out and stuffed back in AND I LOVE every second of it!

But that temple scene with the red umbrella they showed us a glimpse of...I hope when it does air as a full scene they'll stick to the novel to add the full impact of it.

Also, I think the sort of mv at the end with previous scenes and Hua Cheng's face reveal was sort of a double effect 'cuz they wanted to please the novel fans and rope in the donghua only watchers:
1. for us novel readers to pull on our full knowledge and bask in the feels of it all (and they certainly succeeded)
2. for donghua only watchers to make them hooked on Xie Lian & Hua Cheng with no chance of escape XDXD Kidding, thou not really XD
I suppose it's sort of a click bait - like, look - this is HC's real face! drool and wait for S2! And let's add some mystery as well to keep you completely hooked XD

Well, I suppose for #2 the random rain scene and the mv mix at the end might have been slightly confusing for donghua only watchers, but I'm pretty sure once next season comes out and as we slowly get to the full rain scene it'll be clear.

Ah, I hope they make 2nd season just as gorgeous because the animation was seriously off the charts beautiful and they also cleverly used cgi here & there and the ost was also lovely ^^

Any chances of season 2 coming out soon?
Sep 13, 2021 4:12 PM

Jul 2020
Me @ replaying those last minutes again and again so I can stare at Hua Cheng's beautiful face one more time

That's honestly all I gotta say, now back to my depression cave off to read the novel again because these two invented love and I gotta experience it one more time
"𝐈'𝐦 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐥𝐞. 𝐀𝐧𝐲 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬?"
Nov 1, 2021 4:37 AM

Aug 2020
HC looks hotter in his true form, tbh I didn't expect that they will show that. Very insane special episode nice

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Dec 14, 2021 11:54 PM

Apr 2009
-i guess only the censorship got me confused there, since i can't tell if White actually has developed (more than friendship) feelings for Red at this point or not,
his character doesn't seem like the brightest, but the whole scene in the pit seemed to hint at things well enough,

but since he doesn't know Red is the kid he saved back then (the very first episode already told the viewers basically all of it anyway), i don't know if the little "clipshow" at the ending was supposed to just tell the viewer "this is the kid and he's mimicking how White saved him back then", or if it was supposed to be White reminiscing of the time he'd spent with Red thus far..

-i feel there also has been quite enough context clues throughout the first season and this special for the viewer to know early on already that Red was the kid and also the Ghost King (or whatever it's translated to).

i'm kinda 50/50 about Red's show of restraint though, guy's pining _x3

overall; this single episode hit my feels more than the first season did,
comparing it to Mo dao zu shi, it felt very slow and drawn out, but with nothing really happening during that time, and Red x White also felt like it got slapped on very early and quite strong...

also, felt like Red slapped himself over the head for giving White any alternative reason for why he appeared in that first episode, lol.
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Dec 28, 2021 11:04 AM

Jul 2014
Okey but why is this separate from the first season like let's make the season boring, prolonged and anticlimactic and let release the conclusion in a separate entity....bruh

Aug 3, 2022 3:53 PM

Dec 2016
Wow! this was so beautiful, especially the last sequence when Hua Cheng's face was revealed. I repeated it over and over again. xD
Jan 6, 2023 8:20 AM
Jul 2013
I don't think that yet another montage at the end was needed, but it felt as sweet as the rest of the show, so I liked it.
Jul 5, 2023 8:15 PM
Mar 2023
There very cute together
Jul 12, 2023 1:06 AM

Dec 2020
Ayyo they just get engaged with that ring? Lol
Well this is direct continuation from s1. Cleared up some stuff. Good to know he wasn't oblivious he was a ghost.

And reading these posts I didn't even realize that was his true form. It looked like a slightly different version with a eye patch to me
Jan 21, 8:36 PM

Mar 2010
Ahh love this ova. So many good moments between the two.
Apr 9, 5:05 PM

May 2021
So much more context for the groom scene and the eye patch?
Hes so finee
Inhales oxygen

More topics from this board

» Will this special get dubbed

Barry_Allen_14 - Feb 15, 2022

1 by _alicia-chan_ »»
Feb 17, 2022 6:35 AM

» TGCF Special - PV (Nov 2020)

Xealias - Nov 21, 2020

14 by Xealias »»
Feb 17, 2021 3:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.