Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 15, 2021 5:48 PM

Oct 2019
Have always heard this is great but decided to finally watch it, and although I think it is a great movie and really enjoyed the bits where you couldn't tell what was real, there were a few parts that made me very uncomfortable. In general I don't like seeing women getting bullied or taken advantage of(actively avoiding oyasumi punpun, metamorphosis, and a silent voice from what I've heard about them), so as you can guess this is a pretty tough movie to get through, and if it weren't so entertaining and good and making me think I honestly probably wouldn't have finished it. So are there any other movies or anime like this, in terms of quality and maybe that feeling of not knowing what's real, but without the uncomfortable bits? Also if there are any other really good anime with the uncomfortable bits that I can avoid, because yes this was really good and I'm glad I watched it, I probably would tell my past self not to if that was possible lol.
Hi :)
Feb 15, 2021 6:17 PM
Oct 2020
sasukerr14 said:
Have always heard this is great but decided to finally watch it, and although I think it is a great movie and really enjoyed the bits where you couldn't tell what was real, there were a few parts that made me very uncomfortable. In general I don't like seeing women getting bullied or taken advantage of(actively avoiding oyasumi punpun, metamorphosis, and a silent voice from what I've heard about them), so as you can guess this is a pretty tough movie to get through, and if it weren't so entertaining and good and making me think I honestly probably wouldn't have finished it. So are there any other movies or anime like this, in terms of quality and maybe that feeling of not knowing what's real, but without the uncomfortable bits? Also if there are any other really good anime with the uncomfortable bits that I can avoid, because yes this was really good and I'm glad I watched it, I probably would tell my past self not to if that was possible lol.
Says the berserk fan
Feb 15, 2021 9:07 PM

Dec 2020
try serial experiments lain, it has a similar “is this actually happening?” vibe and also doesn’t really make sense until the end like perfect blue.
Feb 15, 2021 9:11 PM

Jun 2015
Satoshi Kon has other great work that don’t involve themes that are as uncomfortable as what you’re getting at. Give Tokyo Godfathers a look at. It’s not quite like Perfect Blue but it’s a film he directed with two strong female leads.

Magnetic Rose, the first of three films in the Memories collection, is another film Satoshi Kon directed and it’s another thriller film with gorgeous art and story.
Feb 16, 2021 12:34 AM

Jul 2014
You might find some of Kon's other works like Paprika and Paranoia Agent appealing.
Take care of yourself

Feb 27, 2021 5:12 AM
Jan 2021
You are supposed to feel uncomfortable in those parts, wdym.
Apr 14, 2021 12:38 AM
Mar 2021
bruh, you have berserk in your favs (゜-゜)
Apr 23, 2021 10:34 AM
Jul 2018
I think I'd be more concerned if you weren't uncomfortable with watching those scenes.
Apr 23, 2021 10:36 AM

Jan 2020
Paprika felt like perfect blue to me so it might do the same for you as well

May 7, 2021 1:42 PM
Sep 2020
sasukerr14 said:
I see what you’re saying, but those parts were necessary to the storyline and added to the uncomfortness you get when watching the anime.
Jun 17, 2022 9:13 AM
Jul 2018
sasukerr14 said:
Bruh Berserk is in your favorites lol
Oct 3, 2022 11:42 AM
Sep 2019
I’d give Millenium Actress a watch. It’s the same director, but it’s more of a hopeful/bittersweet experience. You may enjoy Paprika, as well.

More topics from this board

» Few confusing that i don't understand HELP ME, if you didn't watched it plz go away I'm sure it be fully spoilers

MadSonic - Feb 18

23 by hi777 »»
Apr 15, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Perfect Blue Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

aero - Jul 18, 2009

347 by Cixyz »»
Apr 5, 3:37 PM

» Great movie... but suffered through the entire thing

BustedBayou - Jan 4

17 by Feitan_exe »»
Mar 1, 10:29 PM

» Confused

R1NN_ - Jul 4, 2023

22 by HansDevX »»
Dec 13, 2023 7:20 PM

» Recommendations like this movie with THOSE scenes

SadikTD - Apr 30, 2023

8 by arrianne311 »»
Sep 20, 2023 12:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.