Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 12, 2021 12:38 PM
Mar 2015
The ending with the cursed spirits doing HS romcom was hilarious
Feb 12, 2021 12:39 PM

Jan 2009
MappaPrefersJJK said:
deg said:

the direction and storyboard is just weak unlike last week episode

The direction and storyboard not being as good (subjective) as last week episode doesn't mean it's weak

well i did find my own imagination when reading the manga part of this better or i find the manga version of this episode to be more enjoyable to be honest
Feb 12, 2021 12:47 PM

Jul 2015
i'm happy to see more inumaki content <3 the crumbs were delicious

Feb 12, 2021 12:50 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
Woah.

Inumaki actually said something that made other sense than noodle ingredients 🤯
Feb 12, 2021 12:54 PM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
People saying last week episode was hype nah this week is definitely hype, I was so sad when the ED started playing I wanted it to he a 1hour episode

Feb 12, 2021 12:55 PM
Dec 2020
Okay am I the only one surprised at the old man’s guitar? Hahah I was really surprised and laughing.

Other than that I like how it’s getting darker than before and I thought I just lived this anime, I’m over the moon now lol.
Inumaki saying something other than food was really interesting and I liked that

Sad I’ll have to wait another week for episode 19 and because of my impatience , I’m off to continue reading the manga
Feb 12, 2021 1:07 PM

Apr 2018
Fushiguro vs Noritoshi was a great fight.

Welp looks like The Curse Spirits are here to wreak havoc. I'm surprised that the Principle uses an Electric Guitar to fight curse spirits.
KarsaaaFeb 12, 2021 3:11 PM
Feb 12, 2021 1:09 PM

Aug 2020
Back with the great animation again, seems like things are getting spiced up.
Feb 12, 2021 1:10 PM
Nov 2020
Inumaki's cursed speech was Sugoi!
Feb 12, 2021 1:10 PM

Mar 2020
The battle between the Kyoto and Tokyo team has come to a halt as special grade curses have invaded the playing field.
Feb 12, 2021 1:21 PM
Feb 2021
The old man has a guitar. I can't stop thinking about it.
Feb 12, 2021 1:22 PM

Jun 2019
KaijuSloth said:
Pretty good episode as usual. Just out of curiosity, are there more series with tournament arcs during which the heroes get attacked by villains? The only other one i can think of on the spot is Fairy Tail and that tournament arc wasn't the best. Usually the tournament arcs are a boring excuse for bringing back forgotten under-powered characters with new super strong abilities. However, the Kyoto Goodwill Event Arc has got to be the best tournament arc i have seen so far.

Yes, it's a very common thing to happen in shounen anime. I remember the same thing in Naruto and Boku no Hero Academia.
Feb 12, 2021 1:36 PM

Aug 2018
I guess Inumaki can say other things
_______I like rocks__
Feb 12, 2021 1:53 PM

Jun 2019
More great action, but it is all just the calm before the storm now that the curses have invaded the event. I assume that the underling curses pose a threat to the students while the top ones go after Gojo and the fingers. I’d also guess that they will try to kidnap Itadori and force feed him fingers to break his hold on Sukuna.
Feb 12, 2021 2:00 PM

Feb 2015
Please don't tell me Hanami will be the first villain to die ._.
She(?) is the only even remotely interesting and "likeable" one.

This episode was pretty good imo.
Megumi's summoning is still cool af and Toge is also nice.
Villains crashing the tournament arc is nothing new, but I honestly stopped expecting anything unique from JJK by now ^^'
StormxNightmareFeb 12, 2021 2:03 PM
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Feb 12, 2021 2:18 PM
Jul 2020
İs it just me or art of the show is signifıcantly better than part 1
DovaiakhFeb 12, 2021 2:28 PM
Feb 12, 2021 2:18 PM

Jan 2018
Animation still as beautiful, I was expecting CGI water but I was pleasantly surprised
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Feb 12, 2021 2:24 PM

Nov 2014
Blue_Maroon said:
More great action, but it is all just the calm before the storm now that the curses have invaded the event. I assume that the underling curses pose a threat to the students while the top ones go after Gojo and the fingers. I’d also guess that they will try to kidnap Itadori and force feed him fingers to break his hold on Sukuna.

Woahwoahwoah slow down man
StormxNightmare said:
Please don't tell me Hanami will be the first villain to die ._.
She(?) is the only even remotely interesting and "likeable" one.

This episode was pretty good imo.
Megumi's summoning is still cool af and Toge is also nice.
Villains crashing the tournament arc is nothing new, but I honestly stopped expecting anything unique from JJK by now ^^'

Well JJK did start it off using many shounen tropes but they delivered it rather well and even flipped some cliches on its head so im not complaining but JJK will eventually become pretty unique when season 2 and 3 comes out. Ngl season 1 has the boringest arcs of jjk.
Karsaaa said:
Fushiguro vs Noritoshi was a great fight.

Welp looks like Noritoshi's friends are here to wreak havoc. I'm surprised that the Principle uses an Electric Guitar to fight curse spirits.

They're not noritoshi's friends tho watchu mean?
Feb 12, 2021 2:25 PM
Dec 2020
So nice to finally see Inumaki in action, him putting Miwa to sleep was so smooth lmao
Feb 12, 2021 2:27 PM

Dec 2020
Now that I think about it Hanami stole the spotlight,
but Kamo was pretty interesting as well.

He's basically the opposite of Mai and Maki.
The rightful Kamo heir was born as useless, so he's a bastard who inherited the Blood Manipulation brought into the Kamo clan.
He relates to Megumi who also inherited the technique but wasn't the rightful heir.
Megumi tries to differentiate himself from Kamo by saying he only believes in his conscious but he doesn't know Kamo is only pretending to be the perfect heir and is driven by his own conscious to protect his mother.
Ironically proving that they are the same.
Feb 12, 2021 2:35 PM

Apr 2020
Miwa earn more and more a place in my coeur. Gojou making fun of the principal is always on time. and his "drawings" (not to say lovely scribbles lmao) from the curse report made my day

JJK logic: if a character has a covered/closed body part, it is better to be careful when releasing it

Juju Stroll stand! never disappoints
Feb 12, 2021 2:43 PM

Oct 2019
Damn, this was defo a sakuga feast, MAPPA doing Lord's work here..

Also Inumaki and Megumi looking real hot here, like were all the guys such ikemen in the manga? I never thought about it until the adaptation lmao

The juju sanpos are fr every week's highlight, with everything that happened in the manga, I would have never thought I'd still end up shipping Hanami and Jogo ffs
Feb 12, 2021 2:56 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode as always.

Fushigoro's fight was awesome, loved the animation there and the water attack was especially very nice looking with the more painted style.

The curses invaded and decided to screw up the whole tournament cause why wouldn't they? Initially I thought their plan was to go for Satoru and render him unable to act in some way like they mentioned a couple episodes ago but I guess if they just prevent him from getting to the action in the first place then they've achieved the same objective. Somehow I assumed that would involve some kind of fight or trap to catch Satoru. Is Mahito gonna go straight for Yuuji?

The students can't even land a scratch on Hanami, Inumaki seems to be the only one who was capable of binding him. Speaking of which, it was really cool to finally see him in action.

The post credit skit was hilarious. xD
Also, an electric guitar was the last thing I expected the old man to be carrying.

Feb 12, 2021 3:04 PM

Jun 2015
Totally wild, and totally love it. Apart from one moment. The old geezer in charge of everything trying to kill MC enters combat for the better protection of his students and he has a guitar in his briefcase. Depending on how future scenes pan out this might possibly be the most lame thing I've seen in the last 12 months.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Feb 12, 2021 3:13 PM

May 2013
LOL at them specifically making a barrier that is anti-Gojou since they all know he is just tooo strong for them. xD

Inumaki's voice just got me chills I felt like his curse runs through me as well.
I love Megumi, yesI love him so much he is just little bit away making to my faves list.

Feb 12, 2021 3:14 PM
Mar 2020
ugh episodes always go by too fast. every week. need more!
Feb 12, 2021 3:31 PM

May 2019
This anime has the coolest previews in the history of previews.

I need eye bleach after watching that Juju stroll.

Also, the old fart was the guitar player in the OP??? Nani!? That's the biggest shock of this anime so far.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Feb 12, 2021 3:36 PM

Jul 2011
Each episode is better than the last one.
Fushiguro vs Noritoshi, was a final moments with all respect, was a great Water Breathing meet Kekkai Sensen.
I hope that will be a good focus on the Gakuganji fight, after he took out his weapon, my opinion of him gone to negative to positive faster than a jet. Power of music for the win.
Feb 12, 2021 3:36 PM

Nov 2014
DsMasterBR said:
KaijuSloth said:
Pretty good episode as usual. Just out of curiosity, are there more series with tournament arcs during which the heroes get attacked by villains? The only other one i can think of on the spot is Fairy Tail and that tournament arc wasn't the best. Usually the tournament arcs are a boring excuse for bringing back forgotten under-powered characters with new super strong abilities. However, the Kyoto Goodwill Event Arc has got to be the best tournament arc i have seen so far.

Yes, it's a very common thing to happen in shounen anime. I remember the same thing in Naruto and Boku no Hero Academia.
The villain attack in BNHA didn't happen in the middle of the tournament, it was like afterwards.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 12, 2021 3:37 PM

Mar 2017
Looks like the Exchange Event is over and shit is about to go down. It's weird to say but I actually like Hanami despite it being a cursed Spirit; it doesn't have the same malice as Mahito or Jogo and has a legit reason for wanting humans gone.... and it's also pretty badass haha
Feb 12, 2021 3:40 PM

Jun 2015
katie_potaty said:
Looks like the Exchange Event is over and shit is about to go down. It's weird to say but I actually like Hanami despite it being a cursed Spirit; it doesn't have the same malice as Mahito or Jogo and has a legit reason for wanting humans gone.... and it's also pretty badass haha

Funny how the "nicest" cursed spirit still wants to eradicate humans.
Feb 12, 2021 3:49 PM
Dec 2020
Pre_Yum said:
The fight between Fushiguro and Kamo was amazing as usual. Also, this week's jujutsu Stroll was funny AF XD

I agree. And the parts when Inumaki starts talking is GOLD
Feb 12, 2021 3:53 PM
Apr 2020
Amazing episode. The animation from the first fight kinda iffy tho
Feb 12, 2021 3:54 PM

Jul 2013
Megumi looked really cool in this episode, he was both super chill and also ready to snap. I think the weapon he's got were probably hidden in his shadows since in episode 8(?) he stuck his hand into the shadow when they were talking about carrying the weapons...

Miwa was adorable and Inumaki really showed off his powers here. I wish he could have faced off the regular cursed spirit before hanami showed up but anyway...

i wonder why gojo didn't get to the barrier quickly and ran instead. he could've done what he did in ep 7 with yuji right? but maybe the veil was already up and the dark sphere was just a visual effect that came after idk.

Hyped for the next ep and the animation was great in this ep too!
Feb 12, 2021 3:56 PM
Nov 2019
I love hanami's voice.
Feb 12, 2021 4:09 PM

Oct 2011
Damn, that old geezer rocking out the electric guitar caught me off guard, haha. So it was him at the end of the opening song with the guitar solo all along!
Really dope animation, constant action and tension in the last few episodes and now even more hype for the upcoming battles! Can't wait!
Feb 12, 2021 4:16 PM
Sep 2020
Good episode..OP keeps growing on me...Cursed spririt has a good voice actor..gramps taking out a guitar was unexpected...student fights still felt generic to me but I like invasion angle to keep me invested
Feb 12, 2021 4:55 PM

Jan 2018
Great episode, this anime gets better and better after each episode.
I love Inumaki's cursed speech, it sound very cool every time he uses it.
I didn't expect that old geezer to pull out an electric guitar lmao, that caught me off guard, that caught me off guard xD.
Also, this episodes Juju Stroll was great, can't wait for ep 19 to come out!
Feb 12, 2021 5:01 PM
Nov 2019
So is the technique Megumi used the one that was hinted at before, during the fights with Sukuna a Todou? Or have we yet to see that? The old man busting out a guitar was the most random thing, I must now see his technique. I feel stupid not realizing who Hanami was until the Juju Scroll. And wtf was that Juju Scroll?
Feb 12, 2021 5:13 PM
Sep 2020
Never knew Hanami was a girl even from the manga. Nice way to hint a couple tho. Rather than the action, the still shots were too good. The best moment for me this episode was how they set up Hanami's actual voice and how they interpreted it. Truly beautiful direction choice
Feb 12, 2021 5:29 PM

Jan 2021
This episode was great, but I do prefer the last one with the girls :p

Toge got himself some free sleeping ASMR in the middle of it all, but I suppose he needed to make sure Miwa was safe. I love that Toge calls Gojou tuna with mayo, thats what the subtitle people wrote anyway.

It seems there are differing opinions on Yoshinobu bringing out that guitar, it reminded me of Present Mic from BNHA.
Ryuk is somewhat relatable

Feb 12, 2021 5:58 PM

Sep 2017
Ya makes sense that the cursed spirit thing from the OP would eventually show up and crash the party. I guess we got to see basically everyone fight in some capacity so makes sense that it is now.
Feb 12, 2021 5:58 PM

Nov 2014
Nycro said:
katie_potaty said:

Funny how the "nicest" cursed spirit still wants to eradicate humans.
and humans want to eradicate cursed spirits. So I'd say we're even.
IamVermillion said:

Toge got himself some free sleeping ASMR in the middle of it all, but I suppose he needed to make sure Miwa was safe.

He didn't do it to keep her safe. He did it to eliminate her from the competition
AnimeNerd99 said:
So is the technique Megumi used the one that was hinted at before, during the fights with Sukuna a Todou? Or have we yet to see that?

We have yet to see the sukuna one but the toudou one is probably the elephant cause i doubt he'd use THAT against a fellow jujutsu student
SkyFullOfStars said:
i wonder why gojo didn't get to the barrier quickly and ran instead. he could've done what he did in ep 7 with yuji right? but maybe the veil was already up and the dark sphere was just a visual effect that came after idk.

Indeed the veil is already up so it's too late. And gojo didn't teleport like he did in episode 7 cause there are prerequisites that must be met in order for him to do that.
TheOneOfSeven said:
DsMasterBR said:

The villain attack in BNHA didn't happen in the middle of the tournament, it was like afterwards.
it happened during a forest training competition between the 2 class. Not a tournament, but still some kind of competition.
Feb 12, 2021 6:03 PM
Apr 2014
Fucking lol the juju stroll is cursed. Love Inumaki's technique.

In case anyone wonders why the hanger rack guy said the monk cheated him when he is the one that casted the barrier to prevent Gojo from entering, it's the nail thing that made the difference.

AnimeNerd99 said:
So is the technique Megumi used the one that was hinted at before, during the fights with Sukuna a Todou? Or have we yet to see that?

Nah, that one is different.

Feb 12, 2021 6:08 PM

Feb 2014
I thought we would get Inumaki vs Hanami one on one language battle. But this is fine too. So it's a unified front against the SSS-tier curse. Damn Hanami giving the planetary chill vibes. Also how the hell did Gramps end up with a guitar for battle. XD
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Feb 12, 2021 6:09 PM

May 2019
The finale of the Goodwill event arc is coming up, and manga readers know exactly what that means:

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Feb 12, 2021 6:10 PM

Jan 2020
Wasn't expecting the arc to end like this but I'm glad it ended off in a unique way. Hanami seems like presence and I'm hyped for next week.

Feb 12, 2021 6:12 PM
Nov 2020
The action was great as always
Feb 12, 2021 6:36 PM

Jan 2021
@ttcchen
I meant that Toge may have listened in afterwards to take proper responsibility, and make sure Miwa wouldn't die due to his actions.
Ryuk is somewhat relatable

Feb 12, 2021 7:37 PM
Dec 2020
the animation for this episode was awesome, but it always is!!! the boys where sooo cool, they're powers were animated really well. an toge really pulled through, he was so funny blurting out those food names. not much to say, just that it was a 10/10 episode yet again. and totally hyped for ep. 19, heard that megumi and maki are gonna team up. so excited to see that. anyways jujutsu kaisen supremacy <3
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2021

244 by yaybeachepisode »»
Yesterday, 2:55 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2021

351 by Hater-chan »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2020

344 by Alciefer »»
Apr 15, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

634 by MyOpinionMatters »»
Apr 14, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jan 22, 2021

228 by mikejimamadara »»
Apr 13, 4:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.