Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 2, 2021 11:11 AM
Aug 2010
Tom_Block said:
Because they suck.

Just because people hate vtubers doesn't mean people suck! :)

Jul 2, 2021 1:59 PM

Aug 2018
lmfao I used to be a person who thought vtubers were weird but look at me now

the main thing that pushed me away at first was the mere idea of it. people pretending to be anime characters? the idea's quite strange on paper and it doesn't appeal to everyone. hell, it took me almost 20 clips and an episode of trash taste for me to fully be fine with the idea.

i also think your introduction to them matters a lot. i have a friend that introduced me to them after i told them that i was interested and they pointed me in the direction of some that i'd like, and i think that's the main reason i like vtubers as much as i do now. if you, like some of the people that have previously commented here, discovered vtubers through holo no graffiti and noticed it was higher than a bunch of shows that you enjoy, it's pretty natural that you would resent both the fanbase and the talents.

mogu mogu

🍙🍙
Aug 11, 2021 5:18 AM
Aug 2021
If you love vtuber you love human
If you love only manga or anime you love 2d girl (waifu)
This is immutable law
And i'm latter
Aug 11, 2021 6:02 AM
Feb 2021
My perspective- as someone who is trying to get into vtbuers since I love anime- I find that it all has to do with appeal. Also someone talked about how there are quality vtubers beforehand, but quality does not always mean appeal. A piano piece that is delightful to the ears of a pianist might be a pain for someone who hates the piano. I do not understand how fans of popular things believe that non-fans do not like it only because said thing is popular. That seems like a real dumb way to evade any sort of criticism and it makes it seem as if those people do not even listen to the reasoning behind why a non-fan would not like vtubers. I.e. earlier in the forum, someone’s reason was that they believe vtubers suck and the vtuber fan’s only retort was an attempt at a personal attack. In the end, there is no difference between someone who really loves vtubers for valid reasons and wants to talk to others why they like such things and those who hate it for valid reasons and want to explain why they believe it is not as likable. Both people are valid as long as they can reason. Also, someone above me said there is no difference between gaming, anime, and vtubers, which I believe to be plain wrong. Each way is a different form of escapism. Just because you like one doesn’t mean it’s wrong to critique another. Plus those people probably even critique the thing they like so I don’t get the point.
Sep 6, 2021 4:40 PM
May 2018
Zevven said:
It's funny seeing anime fans criticise another form of escapism other than their own. There's no difference between gaming , watching anime and vtubers tbh.

I still can't believe 3 people quoted my shitty sarcastic "no u" comment calling anime fans cringe, on bloody MAL, unironically. That was easily the worst bait I've written to date too.
Really goes to show how braindead you have to be have any irrational hate towards another medium (streamers) whilst indulging in another (anime).
Sep 8, 2021 5:12 AM

Feb 2020
I hate Vtubers because they feel fake, I also hate streamers (twitch as a whole) streaming is the biggest waste of time.

you watch someone sit at their pc for hours doing something you could probably do on your own and then the Viewers keep donating to someone you don't even personally know,
if you just have money lying around maybe donate to a charity instead.

I came to the conclusion that most of the viewers of streamers/Vtubers must have no job or hobby otherwise they wouldn't be able to spend so much time watching pointless streams.

I think many of them are otakus living with their parents and stealing their moms credit card to donate to streams.

This is just the picture I have of streamers/vtuber fans because of the things I've seen, you can try to change my view if you want.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2021 4:19 PM

Jun 2015
People who hate Vtubers are simply projecting there own self loathing and hate for other people due to there own inadequacies in life onto something which is tangible. Its an easy escape to hate something which does not seem real. And so a virtual character allows them to project there own self loathing outward, without thinking about the fact that these people are real people.

Hate is a very strong emotion, to be honest I doubt people really hate vtubers, but from what I've seen simply human emotions of jealousy plays a big part. To be frank, we probably wouldnt even have this discussion thread if everyone stopped using twitter, which is a cesspool of hate.

Im a massive fan of vtubers, I even subbed to a couple of my favs on youtube because I love there content, no different to I have subs to irl streamers on twitch as I like to support them.

Anyone hating on a vtuber should probably look at themselves in a mirror and ask there reflection, why do I hurt this much that I hate someone else.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 13, 2021 9:48 PM

Oct 2013
I honestly feel gross watching them, it's an involuntary reaction. It's a combination of the shitty role playing, the pretending to be an anime character, and the fake voices.

I'll probably get used to it if they get even bigger over the next few years, but for now I really don't like vtubers.
Sep 16, 2021 8:43 AM

Aug 2010
ghoulcustomer said:
I honestly feel gross watching them, it's an involuntary reaction. It's a combination of the shitty role playing, the pretending to be an anime character, and the fake voices.

I'll probably get used to it if they get even bigger over the next few years, but for now I really don't like vtubers.

I thought the same at first. Until I got more into them. At this point I pretty much only watch Japanese ones. Hololive EN does a good job at emulating some of the things that makes the JP girls so successful, but a lot of indies do have that feel of 'fake voice, fake anime girl'.

What makes the JP girls so good is that they're just playing themselves, putting their best face forward, while very lightly leaning on their character, usually with verbal tics, way of speech and voice, but never with personality, it's always their personality. Or whatever is left of it after streaming for hours pretty much everyday of their lives since joining Hololive.

After getting to know them better, a loot better, it gets to a point that they made several genres of anime obsolete to me. Sometimes the individual talent isn't the best when by themselves, but the fact Hololive encourages constant collaborations between them, seeing them having fun together and the friendships the bloom and develop over time, and how the girls themselves change because of it is just wholesome.
AiHikariSep 16, 2021 8:46 AM
Dec 24, 2021 9:03 PM
Nov 2021
First of all, I would like to let you know that for me "disliking" and "hating" are 2 different things, "disliking" means it's just not your cup of tea and "hating" means you're actively trying to cancel the thing you hate on.

My opinion, hating on some random anime girl you found on in the internet is just dumb, they don't even do harm to you, if anything it's you're the one to blame for opening their contents. If you got introduced by someone else, you just have to ignore them, ain't that hard.

Here's a piece of advice to those who hate them, simply just watch something else, leave it alone, that'll make you feel much better and happier.

No offense buddy, I understand everyone has their own cup of tea and I respect that.
Dec 26, 2021 10:22 PM

May 2016
I just saw a article about a shit streamer, myth, go on stream and cry about vtubers.

He was crying about the usual liberal sjw stuff.

male POWER fantasy.
Loli.
And my favorite, BEAUTY STANDARDS.

But the e whores like amouranth are ok. Lmfao

Dec 30, 2021 8:45 AM
Dec 2021
imo I don't like vtubers from corporates, moreso indie ones are better. I find that corporates in general ruin a lot of things, and this includes vtubers, where they are to be bind to a contract, which imo ruins a lot of things. That's part of the reason why I wasn't a fan of hololive idols, I feel like vtubing shouldnt be bind to a contract but moreso more free. It's really sad how some of my favorite creators joined agencies like this and they've changed completely, and they aren't the same person as when they were an indie channel.
Mar 16, 2023 5:43 AM
May 2022
I went on a vtuber called ironmouse’s streams one time and her voice was so cringey. And the live chat was even more cringey. Cant believe people donate money to someone who is probably a 50 year old basement dweller behind an anime girl avatar.
Mar 20, 2023 12:44 PM
Feb 2021
They seem to be a breeding ground for unhealthy living and parasocial relationships, not to mention how fake the happiness seems, kind of like music idols.
Mar 20, 2023 12:48 PM
Feb 2021
AniStrawberry said:
I went on a vtuber called ironmouse’s streams one time and her voice was so cringey. And the live chat was even more cringey. Cant believe people donate money to someone who is probably a 50 year old basement dweller behind an anime girl avatar.

Actually ironmouse is a bit of a special situation as she has a health condition which doesn't really allow her to leave her house due to incredibly poor immune system, not saying she isn't cringy but there is more to her story than most.
Mar 23, 2023 8:08 PM
May 2022
RedLychee said:
AniStrawberry said:

Actually ironmouse is a bit of a special situation as she has a health condition which doesn't really allow her to leave her house due to incredibly poor immune system, not saying she isn't cringy but there is more to her story than most.

Are you taking about her character or the person who is behind her avatar?
Mar 23, 2023 8:59 PM
Feb 2021
AniStrawberry said:
RedLychee said:

Are you taking about her character or the person who is behind her avatar?

The person behind the avatar.
Jun 13, 2023 2:39 AM
Jun 2023
I dont really know as much about Vtubers as most of you here, but with my limited experience, most of them do seem pretty nice. I mean yea, even tho there are toxic ppl in the community, they're everywhere right? 
The only ones i dont really like are the ones who use really oversexualised charcaters to hype their channels and/or come off as too fake or cringe...Ofc thats not true for the majority of the Vtubers but a lot of them fall into these categories soo its kinda a mix between liking/disliking them for me :)
Jun 14, 2023 6:04 AM

Mar 2015
Most of them probably feel the same way about anime, so it's the usual "degenerate, creep, etc." beliefs.
Some probably feel weebs invaded their stream culture and don't like them for it.
Some don't like egirls, and just see them as egirls praying on weebs.
Some like egirls, and see them as unfair competition for egirls.
Then there's the deranged people who genuinely think they're all men with voice changers or ugly, even when there's been known face reveals.
Some say they hate their "uwu" voices, but they only want confirmation bias, so don't try giving them examples of normal voice vtubers.
Some just think the models are uncanny and don't like them.
Some are purist weebs who only like 100% fake anime girls.
Some just hate streamers.
Some can't fathom the idea of not seeing a streamers real face because privacy and anonymity be damned.
Some hate to feel better.
Some hate to hate.
Some don't actually care, they just like making others mad.
KrykJun 14, 2023 6:11 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Holo no Graffiti Episode 257 Discussion

cuhoangdk - Apr 21

1 by phantom346 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Holo no Graffiti Episode 256 Discussion

cyruz - Apr 14

2 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Holo no Graffiti Episode 255 Discussion

phantom346 - Apr 7

1 by Ranxomare »»
Apr 10, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Holo no Graffiti Episode 254 Discussion

cuhoangdk - Mar 31

1 by Ranxomare »»
Apr 10, 7:02 AM

Poll: » Holo no Graffiti Episode 253 Discussion

phantom346 - Mar 24

1 by Ranxomare »»
Apr 10, 7:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.